Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,148

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91396 Nov 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few questions... Do you think everyone should get paid a Maximum wage? If so should the guy that flips a burger get the same wage as a neurosurgeon? Would you be willing to pay 10 bucks for a can of soup so the stock boy can make 35k a year?
You are exaggerating. If that can of soup, or loaf of bread cost 10 cents more the employees would be able to earn a livable wage, unless the company took it to have more profit. If the top people in the company got paid 10% less the employees could earn a livable wage, or if they just where not so greedy.
BUT by your reasoning, people who work at grocery stores or fast food do not deserve more than minimum wage but should live in the streets and beg for food because even people whom work should not get public assistance????
Why should some one get super rich off of the work of others? I say that we should boycott big business and support small family business, keep the dollars in the community instead of going to ARK.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91397 Nov 20, 2012
NO Q, not a maximum wage, but a wage where they do not have to beg for food stamps and can get medical care yes, after all they work.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91398 Nov 20, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, ut they dont do that stuff any more, you know because we would lock them up if they did.
They sure do miss having slaves, at least that is what all the minimum wage jobs are like
They WANT to repeal minimum wage and embark on a new crusade of persecution, prosecution and slavery.

http://ed.msnbc.com/_news/2012/06/27/12442184...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91399 Nov 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They WANT to repeal minimum wage and embark on a new crusade of persecution, prosecution and slavery.
Yet they call me "evil"

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91400 Nov 20, 2012
Those who won't work, nether should they eat! Pretty simple!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91401 Nov 20, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
NO Q, not a maximum wage, but a wage where they do not have to beg for food stamps and can get medical care yes, after all they work.
Then the costs of the products they produce rise... If I make 1 dollar an hour and I can afford the 1 dollar widget I make then when I get paid 2 dollars I have to make a 2 dollar widget... It is Impossible to make any manufacture or service provider to pay for any wage or benefits packages... Any will always transfer costs to the end users.. It does not matter if it's a mom and pops local store or a mega corporation... If you make 10 bucks and you build a 5000 dollar car you are doing no better if you make 50 bucks and have to buy a 30,000 dollar car... Any Tax increase to Anyone that produces a product or manufactures a product will pass that cost to the end user... If you tell me I'm going to pay more in taxes I will increase my cost of the services or products I provide... If I am told I am limited in my profits then I will reduce my risk and effort, along with numbers of people I supply jobs too until I am at my maximum levels... Or I close up shop all together and go get a for hire job, fire all my employees and make the same profit margins...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91402 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
Those who won't work, nether should they eat! Pretty simple!
How christian of you. So the man who is injured on the job and can not work should starve? The old people who worked their whole lives but their pensions where stolen by the wealthy should starve?
Thank you for proving that you do not follow Jesus and that your christian cult is evil

London, KY

#91403 Nov 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Minimum wage is a sure way to keep people at their lowest possible level... All Wages should be totally based on the value of the job performed and what the market can bare...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91404 Nov 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the costs of the products they produce rise... If I make 1 dollar an hour and I can afford the 1 dollar widget I make then when I get paid 2 dollars I have to make a 2 dollar widget... It is Impossible to make any manufacture or service provider to pay for any wage or benefits packages... Any will always transfer costs to the end users.. It does not matter if it's a mom and pops local store or a mega corporation... If you make 10 bucks and you build a 5000 dollar car you are doing no better if you make 50 bucks and have to buy a 30,000 dollar car... Any Tax increase to Anyone that produces a product or manufactures a product will pass that cost to the end user... If you tell me I'm going to pay more in taxes I will increase my cost of the services or products I provide... If I am told I am limited in my profits then I will reduce my risk and effort, along with numbers of people I supply jobs too until I am at my maximum levels... Or I close up shop all together and go get a for hire job, fire all my employees and make the same profit margins...
The opposite is happening right now. Companies are raising prises but wages are not rising. Tell me that the oil companies that are posting record profits need to charge so much for their product? Tell me that food prices need to rise even though wages are not rising.
I had three employees at my computer repair shop, I paid them 20 dollars an hour and still made $80,000 a year, I could have paid the 15 an hour and pocketed another $30,000 but I believe that the worker should be able to feed and clothe his/her family.
When executives are paid tens of millions of dollars your argument is nugatory at best.
A small business in the community can not pay themselves millions, but loyal employees will help the business stay profitable and loyalty is a two way street.
As far as government regulations go, if you are poisoning some ones water supply you should not be in business, if you are endangering some one (your employee) you should not be in business. If you can not make money with out hurting others you should not be in business because they have the same rights you have

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91405 Nov 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few questions... Do you think everyone should get paid a Maximum wage? If so should the guy that flips a burger get the same wage as a neurosurgeon? Would you be willing to pay 10 bucks for a can of soup so the stock boy can make 35k a year?
Maximum wage versus minimum wage? The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. That works out to $15,080 gross for one or $30,160 for a working couple IF they are allowed to work full time. Below $23,050 annual income is considered the poverty line for Kentucky. When you take out the typical paycheck deductions and contributions, that leaves a working couple right at the line even before paying for family health coverage. Meanwhile, they are paying taxes on where they live, restaurant foods, any merchandise besides groceries, gasoline, vehicle registrations,... and don't forget that you have to take out an additional 10% x 2 for tithes if they are a "good" christian couple.
So what percentage of their real income is left over to buy that can of soup?
But you asked if everyone should be paid a maximum wage. Many CEOs are way ahead of you on that one. They only take an annual "wage" of $1.00 a year in an effort to pay the absolute lowest possible income tax. Their real compensations are given in stock options and other rewards.
Remember that can of soup? In 2011 Campbell's CEO received a wage of only $837,500 - but "other compensations" totaled over $2.8 million, which isn't a lot by industry standards... I don't begrudge anyone their fair due.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91407 Nov 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Minimum wage is a sure way to keep people at their lowest possible level... All Wages should be totally based on the value of the job performed and what the market can bare...
Bear, not bare.

Minimum wage was instituted because Americans were being exploited. History has proven beyond a shadow of any doubt that industries CANNOT BE TRUSTED to regulate themselves.

London, KY

#91408 Nov 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear, not bare.
Minimum wage was instituted because Americans were being exploited. History has proven beyond a shadow of any doubt that industries CANNOT BE TRUSTED to regulate themselves.
And we Pay for it by having cheap cars cost 30 grand and making the poorest of the poor suffer.... If your view was valid then Poverty should have been less with the rise of minimum wage and the 12 Trillion dollars spent on the War on Poverty... But what History has Proven is that when you give people Just Enough to Survive many will become dependent at the lowest level of survival... When you allow people to do or die... they more often that not Do....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91409 Nov 20, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And we Pay for it by having cheap cars cost 30 grand and making the poorest of the poor suffer.... If your view was valid then Poverty should have been less with the rise of minimum wage and the 12 Trillion dollars spent on the War on Poverty... But what History has Proven is that when you give people Just Enough to Survive many will become dependent at the lowest level of survival... When you allow people to do or die... they more often that not Do....
As YaA says,
"Whatever you want to believe..."

London, KY

#91410 Nov 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As YaA says,
"Whatever you want to believe..."
As I say:

"I do not Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know, I Never Believe" - Q

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91411 Nov 20, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican theocrates using religion to gain wealth and power .

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91412 Nov 20, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How christian of you. So the man who is injured on the job and can not work should starve? The old people who worked their whole lives but their pensions where stolen by the wealthy should starve?
Thank you for proving that you do not follow Jesus and that your christian cult is evil
You have trouble reading and understanding anything, don't ya!

I said for those who WON'T work. Not those who CAN'T work!

I think we all know what category you fit in!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91413 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You have trouble reading and understanding anything, don't ya!
I said for those who WON'T work. Not those who CAN'T work!
I think we all know what category you fit in!
I fit in to the category of paying my employees a livable wage.
You should have been more specific, as you like to twist things around.
I agree that those who will not work, but are able can just do with out, but how do you justify that as a follower of christ?
I do not follow your evil bible but you are bound to it, The book of Matthew any chapter any verse

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#91414 Nov 20, 2012
Religion has no place in school. We need to teach kids/young adults how to think not what to think.
yessir

Lansing, MI

#91415 Nov 20, 2012
gonna respond with exact same rhetoric using generalities, not specific research and facts, whining about using salary as a position when in fact it only substaniates the professional position, which only shows envy and greed,
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91416 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You're starting to do the same thing atheist do, list as many things as possible, and try to cause as much confusion as possible.
It's real simple. Get yourself a Concordance, and start going through the Original Manuscripts, it's the same Manuscripts that all of your so called translators used. And translate it yourself, then if you agree with them, that Christ was not god in the flesh, and that Christ died not to be resurrected, and than Christ was mearly an angel, then that's on you, but at least you'll know how many verses they changed to come up with that conclusion.
You can compare version after version after version, but you can't change the Original Manuscripts. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.
I've told you before, I've found things in the KJV that doesn't line up with the Original Manuscripts, but it is a whole lot closer than the JW bible. If you don't want to believe that, that's your choice, but if I were you, knowing the Bible says that Christ is the only way, and your out there telling people that Christ was mearly a man, I would at least want to find out if I were right, or not!
It does not surprise me that you want to destort the facts!
The following is an incorrect statement made by you and I quote you,
"but if I were you,(I'm so glad you are not me)knowing the Bible says that Christ is the only way, and your out there telling people that Christ was mearly a man,(that is an out right lie!) I would at least want to find out if I were right, or not!"

COPIED FROM Wikipedia:

KJV Manuscripts not available in 1611
While the Authorized Version remains among the most widely sold, modern critical New Testament translations differ substantially from it in a number of passages, primarily because they rely on source manuscripts not then accessible to (or not then highly regarded by) early 17th-century Biblical scholarship. In the Old Testament, there are also many differences from modern translations that are based not on manuscript differences, but on a different understanding of Ancient Hebrew vocabulary or grammar by the translators. For example, in modern translations it is clear that Job 28: 111 is referring throughout to mining operations, which is not at all apparent from the text of the Authorized Version.(KJV)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jessica napier 53 min hmm 1
jason hughes 57 min true or not 8
brandon bryson 1 hr old friend 4
food stamp office 1 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
teena Marie mills 3 hr Flatlick 4
Husbands with friends 4 hr Glenda 3
praying it's all a lie 10 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"