Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156489 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

London, KY

#91420 Nov 20, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Republican theocrates using religion to gain wealth and power .
And yet the other side seems to be doing no better..."Tax the rich" is the war cry all the time never admitting that the upper 2% pay 75% of all taxes... What happened to the leftist idea of fair on that one?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91421 Nov 20, 2012
The christian bible is not proof of god, it is the claim that has no proof

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91422 Nov 20, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the other side seems to be doing no better..."Tax the rich" is the war cry all the time never admitting that the upper 2% pay 75% of all taxes... What happened to the leftist idea of fair on that one?
Liar, 62% of all of the governments revenue is laid on the backs of the working class.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91423 Nov 20, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, no wonder you have no faith, you're a liar. Now repent!
oQQo

Whitley City, KY

#91424 Nov 20, 2012
This thread, is why religion does not need to be taught in schools, beyond a doubt the same arguments would lend more to stupidity, than learning.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91425 Nov 20, 2012
With all the different versions of the bible and all of the different sects in the christian cult, and all of the lies and fabrication from the christians on this topic HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN COME UP WITH A HISTORY OF THE BIBLE TO TEACH?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91426 Nov 20, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not there a story in your bible where a poor woman gave a little, but it was all she had and Jesus said that she gave more than all that the wealthy gave combined?
Oh yes, christians only pick the parts of the bible that justify their hatred
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#91427 Nov 20, 2012
So if I have $100 and you have $1,000,000 and we are taxed at the same rate (let's say 10%), so I pay $10 and you pay $100,000... you think that's unfair because you have to pay more than me due to the fact that you have more than me?
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#91428 Nov 20, 2012
"7th. Trump"

William Tyndale and the King James Version

In 1535, Tyndale was arrested and jailed in the castle of Filford outside Brussels for over a year. In 1536 he was convicted of heresy and executed by strangulation, after which his body was burnt at the stake. His dying request that the King of England's eyes would be opened seemed to find its fulfillment just two years later with Henry's authorization of The Great Bible for the Church of England—which was incidently, largely Tyndale's own work. Hence, The Tyndale Bible, as it was known, continued to play a key role in spreading Reformation ideas across the English-speaking world and eventually, on the global British Empire. His version also worked prominently into the Geneva Bible which was taken to the New World to Jamestown in 1607, and on the Mayflower in 1620. Notably, in 1611, the 54 independent scholars who created the King James Version, drew significantly from Tyndale, as well as translations that descended from his. One estimate suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%.[7]

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91429 Nov 20, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"7th. Trump"
William Tyndale and the King James Version
In 1535, Tyndale was arrested and jailed in the castle of Filford outside Brussels for over a year. In 1536 he was convicted of heresy and executed by strangulation, after which his body was burnt at the stake. His dying request that the King of England's eyes would be opened seemed to find its fulfillment just two years later with Henry's authorization of The Great Bible for the Church of England—which was incidently, largely Tyndale's own work. Hence, The Tyndale Bible, as it was known, continued to play a key role in spreading Reformation ideas across the English-speaking world and eventually, on the global British Empire. His version also worked prominently into the Geneva Bible which was taken to the New World to Jamestown in 1607, and on the Mayflower in 1620. Notably, in 1611, the 54 independent scholars who created the King James Version, drew significantly from Tyndale, as well as translations that descended from his. One estimate suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%.[7]
its.com/focusonthefaulty/.../j ehovahs....

Enough said!!

Location hidden

#91430 Nov 20, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I fit in to the category of paying my employees a livable wage.
You should have been more specific, as you like to twist things around.
I agree that those who will not work, but are able can just do with out, but how do you justify that as a follower of christ?
I do not follow your evil bible but you are bound to it, The book of Matthew any chapter any verse
Glad to hear you whole heartingly agree with one of the main teachings of the Bible. Might be hope for you yet!

Location hidden

#91431 Nov 20, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Is not there a story in your bible where a poor woman gave a little, but it was all she had and Jesus said that she gave more than all that the wealthy gave combined?
Oh yes, christians only pick the parts of the bible that justify their hatred
She gave, she didn't take!
Pecker Ed

Frankfort, KY

#91432 Nov 20, 2012
Bible study? Come on get with reality! That's for the religious freaks not for public education.

Location hidden

#91433 Nov 20, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"7th. Trump",
Another example where you do not hesitate to lie and mislead!
Again I quote you: "then if you agree with them, that Christ was not god in the flesh,
Nowhere in the manuscripts or any Bible does it say that Jesus was God in the flesh!
Jehovah's Witnesses nor the New World Translation say, "that Christ died not to be resurrected."
Nor do we say that Christ was merely an angel. No he was not merely AN ANGEL! He was the highest angel, the ARCHANGEL Michael. Do the reference in your KJV concordance.
All of this proves how little you know...to purport yourself as some great Bible Scholar.
And you say I distort and lie?

4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-nwt-error ...

Well, I say your entire self made religion is nothing but lies, and distortion!

Location hidden

#91434 Nov 20, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"7th. Trump",
Another example where you do not hesitate to lie and mislead!
Again I quote you: "then if you agree with them, that Christ was not god in the flesh,
Nowhere in the manuscripts or any Bible does it say that Jesus was God in the flesh!
Jehovah's Witnesses nor the New World Translation say, "that Christ died not to be resurrected."
Nor do we say that Christ was merely an angel. No he was not merely AN ANGEL! He was the highest angel, the ARCHANGEL Michael. Do the reference in your KJV concordance.
All of this proves how little you know...to purport yourself as some great Bible Scholar.
And you say I lie and mislead?

Well, I say you and your entire self made religion is misleading lies!
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#91435 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>She gave, she didn't take!
Look at you.. parading around on topix soliciting the very illicit thoughts of all the fear-mongering, doom-bringing, can't wait til Christ returns, azz. You carry the name on topix that symbolizes the epitome of all religions. The return! You boast it highly, like a PhD framed on your wall, with so much joy and remorse. And the rest of humanity is at fault?? You promote death with every word you spew forth, while having this title placed upon you that ALL believers follow passionately. Tisk tisk.. I bet you just CAN'T wait for Christ's return huh? You just can't WAIT til you have a chance to say "I told you so", huh? Too bad those days will never come for you. Praise life, not the after-life. It's THIS LIFE, that's worth remembering, not some figment of your imagination. Be happy you are alive... you live only once, and you have spent most of your life conjuring up these ideas that life is just sin and a testament during this time. By the time you are dying, you'll be soooo busy trying to regret all the negatives you've had in your life, you won't remember the good. Although, it's the negative shlt thats made you WHO you ARE. God isn't going to give you character, thats up to you. You can pray and wish and hope and 'believe' and have faith that he/she might, but your just beating a dead-horse. Be grateful you are a human.. you could be one of the millions of cattle slaughtered everyday. Mooo Mooo!

Location hidden

#91436 Nov 20, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you.. parading around on topix soliciting the very illicit thoughts of all the fear-mongering, doom-bringing, can't wait til Christ returns, azz. You carry the name on topix that symbolizes the epitome of all religions. The return! You boast it highly, like a PhD framed on your wall, with so much joy and remorse. And the rest of humanity is at fault?? You promote death with every word you spew forth, while having this title placed upon you that ALL believers follow passionately. Tisk tisk.. I bet you just CAN'T wait for Christ's return huh? You just can't WAIT til you have a chance to say "I told you so", huh? Too bad those days will never come for you. Praise life, not the after-life. It's THIS LIFE, that's worth remembering, not some figment of your imagination. Be happy you are alive... you live only once, and you have spent most of your life conjuring up these ideas that life is just sin and a testament during this time. By the time you are dying, you'll be soooo busy trying to regret all the negatives you've had in your life, you won't remember the good. Although, it's the negative shlt thats made you WHO you ARE. God isn't going to give you character, thats up to you. You can pray and wish and hope and 'believe' and have faith that he/she might, but your just beating a dead-horse. Be grateful you are a human.. you could be one of the millions of cattle slaughtered everyday. Mooo Mooo!
And yet here you are on topix responding to me! Lol...!!
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#91437 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>And you say I lie and mislead?
Well, I say you and your entire self made religion is misleading lies!
Just another example:
The link you posted goes nowhere!
YOU SAY? "you and your entire self made religion is misleading lies!"
I'm glad you qualified that by admiting YOU SAY!

I'M Curious What religion are you?
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#91438 Nov 20, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>And yet here you are on topix responding to me! Lol...!!
o.O responding? More like, reporting or retorting or.. informing! I wouldn't be laughing out loud when your persona is directly refuting what you proclaim to be of. I have faith. Faith that one day, I too can release a fart so devastating, that the dense particles of gas permeate the ionosphere and fall directly upon the believers of this world. I received word from a higher power, or consciousness that led me to this divine intervention, put forth to enlighten the children of this world. for if you fart with enough conviction, you too shall meet the Almighty one. You must be diligent & have enough conviction in your hearts to drown out the non-believers nonsensical nonsense. Don't be pro, be a non-pro, be non-existing to all who oppose. Defend these thoughts and faiths to the death. For whoever shall oppose shall surely meet their demise.
John 316

Georgetown, KY

#91439 Nov 21, 2012
so true wrote:
So this Thanksgiving week... as I store up in my heart gracious blessings .... I also place in special care my gratefulness for the open love that we each bestow on each other. We enable one another more than is realized... yet we each feel it and are drawn to it so keenly! May those that are hungry be fed, also with these great blessing that so many of us hold , and sometimes forget to be thankful for.
Much love and blessings to you ((((ALL)))) Wherever you are in the World this day, may you be well fed, feel warmth, feel the grace of good health, feel the kind touch of love and may you count your many blessings and give thanks with me today!
God Bless you, Happy thanksgiving to you, and yours :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 20 min just facts 161
Tc a daddy again 24 min well 5
Amy Mills 42 min Friend 3
Poll Who is the Best Looking Brother? (Sep '08) 2 hr hot chic 14
kclp 4 hr Never changes 4
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 6 hr Wow 18
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr Harry 753

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages