Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,375)

Showing posts 87,481 - 87,500 of122,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>II
"Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
How True!!!! The Bible is never wrong!!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

We need more revenue. Need to get rid of religious welfare. Tax all religious organizations. It is a business.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions:$71,000,000,000

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Are you to stupid to know, people can google your vulgar bible, and read it themselves? They can also google how many of your fellow satanic worshippers are in prison right now for performing satanic child molestation in different sorts of rituals. Just because I know what it says, doesn't mean Im going to post verses from it, or links to it on this site, I find it to be an abomination. Your fellow idiot members not only committed these acts in the name of your satanic cult, they confessed to doing so, most even bragging about it.
Maybe you should do a google search on it yourself, seeing that you have no idea what your religion consist of. You yourself have been on this very site, trying to get a minor to meet with you and your fellow members, so you could have your way with him. You're nothing more than a perverted sicko. Stay away from children pervert!
Maybe you should stop lying, a Google search of "baptist youth minister sex child" produces millions of results, we all know about you catholic perverts, we all know that YOU are the ones who killed animals for blood sacrifice and drank the blood, it is your evil bible that tells you to be happy as you kill BABIES sick freak

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>How True!!!! The Bible is never wrong!!
Psalm 137:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

ENOUGH SAID
do you

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in God ?
I'll give you my answer, as it MAY be relative of roachclip's. I believe that there is a place a person can go that is both inside and outside of their body. It escapes them and allows them to be disassociated from any reality around them. And it is, for me, peaceful. It is where I go for answers and it rests in the pit of me SOMEWHERE and connects me to SOMETHING. You can call it God, give it form, even give it a gender, whatever you gotta do, but THAT is the only thing I see "above" me. And it most certainly is not the horrible, horrible, jealous, viscous, perverted, childish, and smug "God" that is spoken of in the christian bible.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>It was the Bible that taught it was Round... tard!
Everything you post is the antithesis of the truth!
What is it with you anti-Christ nut jobs when comes to lying?
Buy a Clue... the Truth sets you free!
No YAA, in fact YOUR cult KILLED the men who said the earth is round, yep murdered them for not believing the earth was flat.

Maybe if you stopped raping your daughter you could stop using drugs?
Yaa, why do you post under different names? Is lying such an important part of your cult that you must lie in creative ways?
enjoy this

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should stop lying, a Google search of "baptist youth minister sex child" produces millions of results, we all know about you catholic perverts, we all know that YOU are the ones who killed animals for blood sacrifice and drank the blood, it is your evil bible that tells you to be happy as you kill BABIES sick freak
We have a very popular local church (Russell Springs, KY) that does "topless bible study". The guy who teaches teen and pre-teen sunday school classes, thought it would be a good way to teach the girls about temptation....he took off his shirt and they were suppose to suppress their desire to look at him.
now we know why churches tend to take the kids to the basement for their lessons.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

OK 7th trump, here is the whole chapter so you can not say I am twisting your evil cults bible around
I let you see that this is what your bible says, YOU make shit up like the fraud you are!

By the rivers of Babylon,

there we sat down, yea, we wept,

when we remembered Zion.

We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.

For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song;

and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying,

Sing us one of the songs of Zion.

How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,

let my right hand forget her cunning.

If I do not remember thee,

let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;

if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom

in the day of Jerusalem;

who said, Rase it, rase it,

even to the foundation thereof.

O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed;

happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Rev. 18.6

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth

thy little ones against the stones.

You evil sick freaks, worshiping killing innocent babies!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No YAA, in fact YOUR cult KILLED the men who said the earth is round, yep murdered them for not believing the earth was flat.
Maybe if you stopped raping your daughter you could stop using drugs?
Yaa, why do you post under different names? Is lying such an important part of your cult that you must lie in creative ways?
I like the way they twist their own bibles words, the bible clearly shows that the earth was believed to be flat by early religies, the round part was in reference to a disc shape. If you climb to a mountian top and say you see all the world, you do not think it is "round".

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
We need more revenue. Need to get rid of religious welfare. Tax all religious organizations. It is a business.
The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions:$71,000,000,000
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Yep.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Gen 1:1,2.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void: and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The watchtower bible&tract society denies that the Holy Spirit is alive, the third person of the Trinity. Thusfore, changed the CORRECT translation of "....the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters", to say ".....and Gods active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters".
Zechariah 12:10
In this verse God is speaking, and says. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and the supplications: and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for his first born.
The Jehovah witness changed the word "ME" to "the one", so it says in their bible, ".....they will look upon the one whom they have pierced. Since the JW deny that Jesus is God in the flesh, then Zech 12:10 would present obvious problems-- so they CHANGED it.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD.
The JW mistranslate the verse as "a god". Again, it is because they deny who Jesus is, and must change their bible to make it agree with their theology. The JW version is this "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was a god".
This is only a few of MANY verses the JW have changed in the Bible. So again, I ask, why did the JW change so many verses?
May I ask you one simple question? Do you think the Apostle John contridicted himself when he said at John 1:1 "The word was God" then in John 1:18 he said,"No man hath seen God at any time;" Yet man has seen Jesus! Can you explain that contridiction?
Jehovah's Witnesses did not change verses. They had access to more accurate manuscripts that were not available to the King James translators and therefore they were able to make a more accurate translation.
Bible translator William Tyndale made a translation from the Catholic Bible and the King James Version is largely William Tyndale's translation. May I suggest you do some basic research?
And one more question: Where in the Bible do I find the word 'TRINITY'? I can answer for you: It is not in there! Do you wonder why?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

God Is a Mystery—Is It True?

What you may have heard:“God works in mysterious ways.”
“The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible.”—The Athanasian Creed, describing the Trinity taught by many churches of Christendom.

What the Bible teaches: Jesus said that those “taking in knowledge of ... the only true God” would receive blessings.(John 17:3) But how can we take in knowledge of God if he is a mystery? Far from concealing himself, he wants everyone to know him.—Jeremiah 31:34.
Of course, we will never know everything about God. This is to be expected because his thoughts and ways are higher than ours.—Ecclesiastes 3:11; Isaiah 55:8, 9.
How knowing the truth helps you: If God is an incomprehensible mystery, then why even try to get to know him? Yet, he enables us not only to comprehend him but also to develop a close friendship with him. God described the faithful man Abraham as “my friend,” and King David of Israel wrote:“The intimacy with Jehovah belongs to those fearful of him.”—Isaiah 41:8; Psalm 25:14.
Does the idea of having an intimate friendship with God seem farfetched? Perhaps so, but note what Acts 17:27 says:“[God] is not far off from each one of us.” In what way? Through the Bible, God provides what we need in order to know him well.*
He tells us his name, Jehovah.(Isaiah 42:8) He has recorded his deeds toward mankind so that we can know the Person behind the name. More than that, God reveals his emotions to us. He is “merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth.”(Exodus 34:6) Our actions can affect his feelings. For example, the ancient nation of Israel made him “feel hurt” when they rebelled against him, while those who wisely obey him bring him joy.—Psalm 78:40; Proverbs 27:11.
[Footnote]
For more information about what the Bible says about God, see chapter 1 of the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you one simple question? Do you think the Apostle John contridicted himself when he said at John 1:1 "The word was God" then in John 1:18 he said,"No man hath seen God at any time;" Yet man has seen Jesus! Can you explain that contridiction?
Jehovah's Witnesses did not change verses. They had access to more accurate manuscripts that were not available to the King James translators and therefore they were able to make a more accurate translation.
Bible translator William Tyndale made a translation from the Catholic Bible and the King James Version is largely William Tyndale's translation. May I suggest you do some basic research?
And one more question: Where in the Bible do I find the word 'TRINITY'? I can answer for you: It is not in there! Do you wonder why?
You do understand that todays church people have gone from a religion that believes in a God to a social gathering that admires wealth. That is why todays church people pick and choose from the bible.
That is also why I have no respect for them, they want to elevate themselves to a social level where they are above every one else, and defame every one else. They are hate filled and money loving.
A far far removed from worshiping any god.
I do have respect for people who truly believe and try to live by their beliefs.
It is evident from the way todays church people act and how they are told to act in Matthew 25:32-46 (as well as other places) that they do not care what their bible tells them.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way they twist their own bibles words, the bible clearly shows that the earth was believed to be flat by early religies, the round part was in reference to a disc shape. If you climb to a mountian top and say you see all the world, you do not think it is "round".
They also pick and choose from their bible, which tells me they do not believe it is the word of a god but rather they know it was written by men.(and so they can ignore the parts that do not place them above every one else)
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>That's why you take everything back to the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic Manuscripts. No matter how much a scribe changes their version of the Bible, you can always get the truth from the Original Manuscripts. Just take the JW bible, when you read it, it doesn't even resemble the Original Manuscripts, they put in new verses, and changed verses from only the KJV, probably not even knowing that you can go to the Original Manuscripts and prove that the KJV is much more accurate than their version.
The Bible says not to change the script, and then tells you to beware of the ones who do change it. So, beware,, alot of false doctrine floating around out there these days. Take everything back to the Original Manuscripts and you can fully understand what's happened, and is going to happen. Why take your chances on a changed version, knowing the Bible warns you of changed version!
While you are examining the original manuscripts maybe you shoul examine why the King James translators removed God's name (JEHOVAH) over 6,000 times from his own book?????

To quote you, "The Bible says not to change the script, and then tells you to beware of the ones who do change it."
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

HAVE YOU WONDERED?
What does the Bible teach about idol worship?—Psalm 135:15-18.
Should Jesus and the angels be worshipped as gods?—Luke 4:8.
Who is the only true God?—John 17:3.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
HAVE YOU WONDERED?
What does the Bible teach about idol worship?—Psalm 135:15-18.
Should Jesus and the angels be worshipped as gods?—Luke 4:8.
Who is the only true God?—John 17:3.
Pan is the only true God

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

So we have established around 1500 bc, a loin cloth wearing savage dwelling in a damp cave, superstitious and primitive began scribbling out the first words of your present bible by the side of his stone napped dung fire, guided by god's words in his head. Crude you say, no, actually it's easy to confuse your modern day knowledge, inventions and highly developed mind with the comparative simpleton that wrote god's words on hides, bone and papyrus. Just a few hundred years ago, man imagined falling off the edge of a flat world. Yet today he clutchs on to his good book with steadfast confidence his is the one book. So which bible is the most accurate?

The Revised Standard Version (RSV) or the New International Version (NIV) are the most accurate in quotation and translation, this is because they take into account the latest manuscript discoveries and use English that is currant and not archaic.(Some English words have a different meaning now than they had in the time of King James when the KJV - King James Version - was translated.

So how many people did the physical human form of god appear (not jesus) and speak to someone.. 2.

That voice in your head,, hope it's a team player.

Puff, puff, pass.
goofus

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I think religious sects are for the weak, lamb like followers.
The type of gullible fools who bought the "Brooklyn Bridge", swampland, and into the Pyramid scheme.

Hell fire and brimstone will rain down on you sinners.... LOL!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are examining the original manuscripts maybe you shoul examine why the King James translators removed God's name (JEHOVAH) over 6,000 times from his own book?????
To quote you, "The Bible says not to change the script, and then tells you to beware of the ones who do change it."
I found some reasons to delete the name Jehovah/Yahweh, pagans.

I check a few sites that give reasons for not putting in the name.
Acutually because they are trinitarins and hate that name to be used consistently in the bible.

Support of Trinitarian Doctrine
When Rome voted to adopt the Trinity doctrine of
the numerous Pagans in her empire - The Name of
God - YHWH (translated Jehovah in English)-
interfered and hindered the Newly Adopted teaching
That Jesus was the Almighty God - Jehovah.
Rome paid her translators to remove God's name
almost Seven Thousand Times (7,000) from the Bible.

"In the first two centuries nearly all the
various readings of the New Testament came
into existence, the majority of them by
deliberate alteration of the text...in the
interests of (the trinity) dogma..."
-the Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics;
The Bible in the Church

"Codex B (Vaticanus)...was altered by a later hand
in more than two thousand places. Eusebius, therefore,
is not without grounds for accusing the adherents
of....the newly-risen doctrine of the trinity
of falsifying the Bible..."
-(Fraternal Visitor 1924, p. 148;
translated from Christadelphian Monatshefte).

"The removal of the Tetragrammaton (Jehovah)
from the New Testament and its replacement
with the surrogates KYRIOS and THEOS blurred
the original distinction between the Lord God
and the Lord Christ, and in many passages
made it impossible which one was meant.
As time went on...it was often impossible
to distinguish between them. Thus it may be
that the removal of the Tetragrammaton (Jehovah)
contributed significantly to the later...Trinity "
- George Howard, Bible Scholar ;
The Name of God in the New Testament,
BAR 4.1 (March 1978), pg 15

if anyone takes words away
from this book of prophecy,
God will take away from him
his share in the tree of life."
(Revelation 22:18,19)(NIV)-BibleGateway

Looks like the translators of KJV are guilty of a unforgiveable sin and condemed by their own tranlation itself, karma.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,481 - 87,500 of122,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 min Mississippi Man 81,183
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Jay 138,304
Is Paul Baker a good Disability Lawyer? (Dec '12) 1 hr Question 70
Larry dye and Amy dye 1 hr Just me 13
Melissa Collett (May '12) 2 hr hot mama 41
mike baker for jailer 2 hr Games 3
lamon jones 2 hr eye witness 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 5 hr your screwed 9
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 15 at 9:40PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••