Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,441 - 87,460 of 130,287 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I think you finally answered the question posed by your screen name. I do believe you have shown the limit of how stupid a person can be!
And cute, actually making fun of faux news when you use obamanation, Eviloution, and other little spelling changes to make you feel like you got a dig in.
How did believing faux news work out for ya with the presidential election?
I'm just gonna leave you with this link..
I Hope you watch at least one...
Sleep well!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I think you finally answered the question posed by your screen name. I do believe you have shown the limit of how stupid a person can be!
And cute, actually making fun of faux news when you use obamanation, Eviloution, and other little spelling changes to make you feel like you got a dig in.
How did believing faux news work out for ya with the presidential election?
Sorry... I forgot the link
http://www.bing.com/search...
Good night!
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You said,"I know that Jesus Christ while on this earth was God in flesh ."
Where does the Bible say that?
Book and verse would be great!
John 10:30 I and my Father are one .

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 10:30
In What Way Are Jesus and His Father One?
“I and the Father are one,” said Jesus.(John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?
Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect,‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy,‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.
Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God.“The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained.“For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.
This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said:“Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus imitated his Father so perfectly that he could tell his apostles shortly before his execution:“He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”(John 14:9, 10) Yes, in every situation he encountered here on earth, Jesus did just as his Father, Almighty God, would have done if He had been here. Thus, when we study the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, we are, in effect, learning just what kind of person God is.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Lookingfor hope wrote:
John 10:30 I and my Father are one . John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
I asked for scriptures that say that Jesus was God in the flesh.
The scriptures that you posted do not say that!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Lookingfor hope wrote:
John 10:30 I and my Father are one . John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8, God needs to be made perfect Heb3:10, God is our brother Heb2:11, God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death & since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7 Raised himself from death & sat himself down next to his own right hand & removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has & doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I answered your question about Jesus being the MESSIAH.
What example do you have where Jehovah's Witnesses changed verses in the Bible?
Gen 1:1,2.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void: and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The watchtower bible&tract society denies that the Holy Spirit is alive, the third person of the Trinity. Thusfore, changed the CORRECT translation of "....the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters", to say ".....and Gods active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters".

Zechariah 12:10
In this verse God is speaking, and says. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and the supplications: and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for his first born.

The Jehovah witness changed the word "ME" to "the one", so it says in their bible, ".....they will look upon the one whom they have pierced. Since the JW deny that Jesus is God in the flesh, then Zech 12:10 would present obvious problems-- so they CHANGED it.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD.

The JW mistranslate the verse as "a god". Again, it is because they deny who Jesus is, and must change their bible to make it agree with their theology. The JW version is this "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was a god".

This is only a few of MANY verses the JW have changed in the Bible. So again, I ask, why did the JW change so many verses?
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
“I and the Father are one,” said Jesus.(John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?
Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect,‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy,‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.
Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God.“The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained.“For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.
This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said:“Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.
I will admit to not knowing the answer to every question that can be ask about the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit but i do know they are one and by knowing that i conclude Jesus was God in flash while here on earth that along with the scriptures i provided are enough for me . The name Immanuel To me means God with us .
Someone ask me the question what do you know about your God and i gave my answer . You not agreeing with my answer changes nothing . You are free to make post of what you believe but i however do not intend to be school in it by you .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit to not knowing the answer to every question that can be ask about the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit but i do know they are one and by knowing that i conclude Jesus was God in flash while here on earth that along with the scriptures i provided are enough for me . The name Immanuel To me means God with us .
Someone ask me the question what do you know about your God and i gave my answer . You not agreeing with my answer changes nothing . You are free to make post of what you believe but i however do not intend to be school in it by you .
Let me give you some verses to check out, about the Trinity, if you like.
John 1:1, 20:28
John 5:20
Acts 5:3,4
Isaiah 43:10, 44:6-8
Matt 28:19
1Cor 12:4-6
2Cor 13:14
1Pet 1:2
Heb 1:8, in this verse, God the Father calls Jesus God the Son,.. GOD.

The JW bible changed most of these verses, if not all.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you some verses to check out, about the Trinity, if you like.
Thank you i will look at them .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
On your quote of John 5:19, not only has it been changed to suit your agenda. You happened to skip John 5:18.

Here's what the Bible says in John 5:18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

The Jews knew Jesus was claiming to be God, that's why they wanted to kill Him.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Love how the believers turn a discussion of 'religion in public schools' too a prayer session!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

scoobie wrote:
God in schools is something this country needs .....lord knows the parents are dropping the ball when it comes to teaching their kids about God....
Parents do not teach their children that the world is flat any more ether.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you some verses to check out, about the Trinity, if you like.
How about giving me the name of this so called Satans bible and the name of the author? Because you just make stuff up as you go along, just like the men who wrote your evil christian bible

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Now that it has been proven that 7th trump makes stuff up as he goes along, just like the men who wrote the christian bible, he can be placed in the same category as all of the other liars who want to force their way on to others children.
I wonder what a person who never heard about any religion would think if told these stories as an adult?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

There are many things I just may not be Positive about,, spirits, ghost, aliens, Back Street Boys,, because the surity of being positive leaves no doubt. The fact there are over fourty one thousand denominations of christianity alone, would seem to open area for lots of doubt. Each one spanks their own version of the same ancient scripts, words chipped on bone and rock all compiled to form holy texts they hold dear as the only true bible.

Let's look at the bibles birth and growth a bit. The first edition was pretty old, 1500bc to 100 A.D. Then add Codex Vaticanus 350 A.D. Codex Sinaiticus and Alexandrinus about 450 A.D. Enter Masoretic text about 500-950 then Wcycliffe 1380 was enjoyed before adding Tyndale about 1525 which was admended ten years later 1535 to Cloverdale, with additions found in Matthews 1537, Great in 1839 and Geneve of 1560 A.D. Up pops Bishops in 1568 to long live the king in 1611 with King James, to be revised in 1769,, it spawned to English revised in 1881 then American Standard in 1901, then came modern translations like RSV in '52, Jerusalem in 1966, NASB'71, NIV in 1979, revised in '84 the REB in '92 and ESV in '01.

Ok, I weaved a bit from 1901 where secs fo Berkely, NEB, Living, NKJV, Cev and Message had versions that seem more altered from the ancient scribbles, and obvious to the higher thinker I did not enter the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls and newly discovered manuscripts of recent findings as they have not yet found their rightful place in the "bible".

Forgive me if I left off anything, it was not intentional like the Catholics removal of any text that did not glorify certain thems to be worshiped, but all in all,,, there is the birth of the bible, a path man has tried unsuccessfully to piece together that explains all.

The path eludes me a well, and I cannot positively say "this" piece of ancient works, with this one and that one is Perfect and correct. So I value the humans that extend a hand of brother love and treat others kind.

Puff, puff, pass.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
There are many things I just may not be Positive about,, spirits, ghost, aliens, Back Street Boys,, because the surity of being positive leaves no doubt. The fact there are over fourty one thousand denominations of christianity alone, would seem to open area for lots of doubt. Each one spanks their own version of the same ancient scripts, words chipped on bone and rock all compiled to form holy texts they hold dear as the only true bible.
Let's look at the bibles birth and growth a bit. The first edition was pretty old, 1500bc to 100 A.D. Then add Codex Vaticanus 350 A.D. Codex Sinaiticus and Alexandrinus about 450 A.D. Enter Masoretic text about 500-950 then Wcycliffe 1380 was enjoyed before adding Tyndale about 1525 which was admended ten years later 1535 to Cloverdale, with additions found in Matthews 1537, Great in 1839 and Geneve of 1560 A.D. Up pops Bishops in 1568 to long live the king in 1611 with King James, to be revised in 1769,, it spawned to English revised in 1881 then American Standard in 1901, then came modern translations like RSV in '52, Jerusalem in 1966, NASB'71, NIV in 1979, revised in '84 the REB in '92 and ESV in '01.
Ok, I weaved a bit from 1901 where secs fo Berkely, NEB, Living, NKJV, Cev and Message had versions that seem more altered from the ancient scribbles, and obvious to the higher thinker I did not enter the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls and newly discovered manuscripts of recent findings as they have not yet found their rightful place in the "bible".
Forgive me if I left off anything, it was not intentional like the Catholics removal of any text that did not glorify certain thems to be worshiped, but all in all,,, there is the birth of the bible, a path man has tried unsuccessfully to piece together that explains all.
The path eludes me a well, and I cannot positively say "this" piece of ancient works, with this one and that one is Perfect and correct. So I value the humans that extend a hand of brother love and treat others kind.
Puff, puff, pass.

Do you believe in God ?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Awwww...
It's so cute! You spelled 'Fox','Faux'....
It's funny, as that is exactly why I started watching Fox!
See... You NEVER have to be Ashamed of making a Right decision!
The "Good" People at Fox Knows that Killing a Baby is BAD...
Among other things you Faux haters think is A-Ok!
Incase you missed it...
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
This was a letter written to the Romans that were turning
from their Evil ways... Now were back into it....
Go Figure!
I used the word Faux (as in fake, false and untrue)because it is apt. How incredibly, insidiously insane does one have to be to propose that they are divinely righteous? News flash, son. If FOX had covered the teachings of Jesus in real time, they would have regarded him as akin to an OWS subversive and urged for him to be removed from conservative society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Now that it has been proven that 7th trump makes stuff up as he goes along, just like the men who wrote the christian bible, he can be placed in the same category as all of the other liars who want to force their way on to others children.
I wonder what a person who never heard about any religion would think if told these stories as an adult?
Are you to stupid to know, people can google your vulgar bible, and read it themselves? They can also google how many of your fellow satanic worshippers are in prison right now for performing satanic child molestation in different sorts of rituals. Just because I know what it says, doesn't mean Im going to post verses from it, or links to it on this site, I find it to be an abomination. Your fellow idiot members not only committed these acts in the name of your satanic cult, they confessed to doing so, most even bragging about it.

Maybe you should do a google search on it yourself, seeing that you have no idea what your religion consist of. You yourself have been on this very site, trying to get a minor to meet with you and your fellow members, so you could have your way with him. You're nothing more than a perverted sicko. Stay away from children pervert!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Ari son of Anarchy 150,060
Charmaine 7 min Who 2
Churches 1 hr So true 5
Missy Lake 1 hr Well 2
D Boone Days 3 hr Hey 2
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 6 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Jealous Person 3,474

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000