Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,401 - 87,420 of 130,287 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Truth

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Jesus Bsh wrote:
This is complete garbage. I agree with the post saying to teach it to your kids at home. School is supposed to be about learning facts, not shoving your beliefs on these kids. There are religious based schools if you like. I mean, where does it end? We would have to allow all religions to be taught or none, if we're being fair. And if you do that, there will be no time to learn about real classes, such as science.
GOD is the real class
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think the JW changed so many verses in the Bible? Also, if Jesus wasn't your Mesiah, when do you think yours will come?
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible that this country was founded on
As he said, Which One... There Were Several and all had differences in their texts...

The KJV Version didn't show up until the 1700's and the first one brought here was the Geneva Bible

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

The one Jefferson, a Founding Father, used was one he cut out all reference to miracles and the divinity of Jesus...

http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/62/...

Truth

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Richmond transplant wrote:
Seriously?! Keep your fairy tales to yourself. We've got so much stuff that's already mandated to pass these damn standerdized tests, then turn around and fill these kids heads with nonsense? I dint kick in the door of your church and educate you on cell theory, don't go throwing your evil god stuff at my child. I want him to grow up unafraid of fantasy BS!
WOW!!! Maybe you should go back to Richmond.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
That verse has nothing to do with saying the pledge of alligiance to the flag . I say it is you who are picking and discarding verses by not reading any before or after to put it into context .
That would be more like the msnbc news metality .Don't ya think !!!

If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.

If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.

GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.
If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.
GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.
That's a brilliant take on the pledge that I never thought of... You are absolutely correct... the term God is used by Every religion to identify a supreme being.. The many Gods of early Greece, the God's from the stars of the Sumerians, the God of Satanists, The God of Islam and the bearded God of the Mayans are covered in the pledge and are inclusive in the coinage term In God We Trust...

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?
I think I know the answer, pick me! pick me! pick me!

He was the guy, who like Michael Jackson-wasn't born white, despite all our pictures of him presenting him as a lilly-white guy in the Middle East. I have heard people say that is just because he takes after his dad's side of the family - but I said that was kinda racist.

Or was he Jewish zombie who knocked up his own mother to give birth to himself?

Or was he same guy who said anger was a sin, but got angry himself and beat moneychangers out of a temple.

Oh we know he doesn't daily affect our lives, but those self-appointed fundamentalists, who think they are empowered to tell us what Jesus would think of us, do.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a brilliant take on the pledge that I never thought of... You are absolutely correct... the term God is used by Every religion to identify a supreme being.. The many Gods of early Greece, the God's from the stars of the Sumerians, the God of Satanists, The God of Islam and the bearded God of the Mayans are covered in the pledge and are inclusive in the coinage term In God We Trust...
Thanks Q!, also for expanding of that subject.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship Jehovah God . He nor i ever get confused about that . He knows exactly to whom i am referring when i speak of him .
Who or what others worship has nothing to do with that .
As far as this being a secular country sad to say i believe it is moving more in that direction all the time . I don't feel that's something to be celebrated however .

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know your bible predicts an end time scenario. Do you even read your bible?
Poor priest, you can't understand your own bible, how do you expect to understand everyone elses? Explain to us what your supposed to gain by molesting young children, and drinking blood, after all that's what your rituals call for.
I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Most christians have no idea or even thoughts about a god. They go to church ether knowing it is a sham or with some fantasy of angels sitting on clouds smiling down on them. Ether way it is about making them feel special and above others, not the worship to a Deity

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship Jehovah God . He nor i ever get confused about that . He knows exactly to whom i am referring when i speak of him .
As far as this being a secular country sad to say i believe it is moving more in that direction all the time . I don't feel that's something to be celebrated however .
Can you tell us what you know about the God that you worship?
I am not being a smart ass or being mean, it is an honest question.
I ask because most church people have no clue at all
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
A good point made, I too am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?

I asked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible, and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?
I asked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible, and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?

Hmm sounds like what you do...
I am still waiting to hear the name and author of this so called Satanic Bible liar

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar
I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.

The people in our Bible who drank blood, and molested children, were cleaned out by the Israelites. The way it should be today.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.
The people in our Bible who drank blood, and molested children, were cleaned out by the Israelites. The way it should be today.
You do not back up anything you say so you have lost all credibility. It was the israelites who committed the evil you speak of and then made up your god to justify themselves.
There is no Satanic Bible that tells us to drink blood or harm any one or any animal, in fact just the opposite.
Make up all you want because you have admitted that is what you do, lie and make stuff up
You are pathetic, your mind is so weak that you have to lie to others to support the lies you tell yourself. I pity you

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.
No one asked you to post verses, I asked you for the NAME, and AUTHOR of said made up book.
By twisting that around what you said was "I lied and you caught me waa waa I am a fake and a liar"
THE NAME OF THE BOOK AND THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon, soon we will clean you out, soon we will wipe your evil cult out of existence through education and self empowerment.
We will teach people to read and question and soon your cult will be a distant memory
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but notanswer the questions? Iasked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible,and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?
I thought I answered your question about Jesus being the MESSIAH.

What example do you have where Jehovah's Witnesses changed verses in the Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 15 min yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Jealous Person 3,474
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality 150,034
Charmaine 2 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 2 hr Booneville Man 1
Lesb or Bi 3 hr Looking 1
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 3 hr Lolol 2

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••