Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143214 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

scoobie

Glasgow, KY

#91232 Nov 16, 2012
God in schools is something this country needs .....lord knows the parents are dropping the ball when it comes to teaching their kids about God....

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91233 Nov 16, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Romans
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
...
Need I say more?
Considering you said NOTHING, sure- knock yourself out, have a it! The only thing you prove is that you can cut and paste drivel.

Your verses are nothing but instructions in lunacy. You expecting lightning to strike as someone reads your drivel?
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91234 Nov 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an excellent example of picking and discarding verses by Christians. YaA should be well aware of the discussion awhile back regarding oaths (Matt. 5:33), but it doesn't fit with his hyper "patriotic" FAUX news mentality.
Awwww...
It's so cute! You spelled 'Fox','Faux'....
It's funny, as that is exactly why I started watching Fox!
See... You NEVER have to be Ashamed of making a Right decision!
The "Good" People at Fox Knows that Killing a Baby is BAD...
Among other things you Faux haters think is A-Ok!
Incase you missed it...
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
.
This was a letter written to the Romans that were turning
from their Evil ways... Now were back into it....
Go Figure!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91235 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.
Great post!
And you know what the muslims do to gays...
When they cut their heads off... They'll be prayng that we were
still a Christian nation!
Go figure...

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91236 Nov 16, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
And you know what the muslims do to gays...
When they cut their heads off... They'll be prayng that we were
still a Christian nation!
Go figure...
Wow. I think you finally answered the question posed by your screen name. I do believe you have shown the limit of how stupid a person can be!

And cute, actually making fun of faux news when you use obamanation, Eviloution, and other little spelling changes to make you feel like you got a dig in.

How did believing faux news work out for ya with the presidential election?
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91237 Nov 16, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I know the answer, pick me! pick me! pick me!
He was the guy, who like Michael Jackson-wasn't born white, despite all our pictures of him presenting him as a lilly-white guy in the Middle East. I have heard people say that is just because he takes after his dad's side of the family - but I said that was kinda racist.
Or was he Jewish zombie who knocked up his own mother to give birth to himself?
Or was he same guy who said anger was a sin, but got angry himself and beat moneychangers out of a temple.
Oh we know he doesn't daily affect our lives, but those self-appointed fundamentalists, who think they are empowered to tell us what Jesus would think of us, do.
Clueless!
Hahahahaha!
Jesus Loves you!
Too bad you don't love yerself!...
You do NOT have to be a slave to sin!
Repent... You WILL be Glad you did!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91238 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar
Here ya go!
http://www.bing.com/search...
.
I know you'll find something you like!
Tard!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91239 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.
The people in our Bible who drank blood, and molested children, were cleaned out by the Israelites. The way it should be today.
Great post...
Ya almost can't wait til God gets out His ShopVac, and
cleans this mess up!
Amen!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91240 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Soon, soon we will clean you out, soon we will wipe your evil cult out of existence through education and self empowerment.
We will teach people to read and question and soon your cult will be a distant memory
Hahahahaha...
Hold that thought!
Hahahahahaha!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91241 Nov 16, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I think you finally answered the question posed by your screen name. I do believe you have shown the limit of how stupid a person can be!
And cute, actually making fun of faux news when you use obamanation, Eviloution, and other little spelling changes to make you feel like you got a dig in.
How did believing faux news work out for ya with the presidential election?
I'm just gonna leave you with this link..
I Hope you watch at least one...
Sleep well!
How stupid can you be

Clay City, KY

#91242 Nov 16, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I think you finally answered the question posed by your screen name. I do believe you have shown the limit of how stupid a person can be!
And cute, actually making fun of faux news when you use obamanation, Eviloution, and other little spelling changes to make you feel like you got a dig in.
How did believing faux news work out for ya with the presidential election?
Sorry... I forgot the link
http://www.bing.com/search...
.
Good night!
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91243 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You said,"I know that Jesus Christ while on this earth was God in flesh ."
Where does the Bible say that?
Book and verse would be great!
John 10:30 I and my Father are one .

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91244 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
John 10:30 I and my Father are one .
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 10:30
In What Way Are Jesus and His Father One?
“I and the Father are one,” said Jesus.(John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?
Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect,‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy,‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.
Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God.“The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained.“For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.
This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said:“Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91245 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
John 10:30 I and my Father are one .
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jesus imitated his Father so perfectly that he could tell his apostles shortly before his execution:“He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”(John 14:9, 10) Yes, in every situation he encountered here on earth, Jesus did just as his Father, Almighty God, would have done if He had been here. Thus, when we study the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, we are, in effect, learning just what kind of person God is.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91246 Nov 16, 2012
Lookingfor hope wrote:
John 10:30 I and my Father are one . John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
I asked for scriptures that say that Jesus was God in the flesh.
The scriptures that you posted do not say that!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91247 Nov 16, 2012
Lookingfor hope wrote:
John 10:30 I and my Father are one . John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8, God needs to be made perfect Heb3:10, God is our brother Heb2:11, God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death & since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7 Raised himself from death & sat himself down next to his own right hand & removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has & doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91248 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I answered your question about Jesus being the MESSIAH.
What example do you have where Jehovah's Witnesses changed verses in the Bible?
Gen 1:1,2.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void: and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The watchtower bible&tract society denies that the Holy Spirit is alive, the third person of the Trinity. Thusfore, changed the CORRECT translation of "....the SPIRIT of God moved upon the face of the waters", to say ".....and Gods active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters".

Zechariah 12:10
In this verse God is speaking, and says. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and the supplications: and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for his first born.

The Jehovah witness changed the word "ME" to "the one", so it says in their bible, ".....they will look upon the one whom they have pierced. Since the JW deny that Jesus is God in the flesh, then Zech 12:10 would present obvious problems-- so they CHANGED it.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD.

The JW mistranslate the verse as "a god". Again, it is because they deny who Jesus is, and must change their bible to make it agree with their theology. The JW version is this "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was a god".

This is only a few of MANY verses the JW have changed in the Bible. So again, I ask, why did the JW change so many verses?
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91249 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
John 10:30
In What Way Are Jesus and His Father One?
“I and the Father are one,” said Jesus.(John 10:30) Some quote this text to prove that Jesus and his Father are two parts of a triune God. Is that what Jesus meant by this statement?
Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, Jesus stated that he did works in the name of his Father. From verses 27 to 29, he talked about symbolic sheep whom his Father had given him. Both statements by Jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his Father were one and the same person. Instead, Jesus said, in effect,‘My Father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my Father.’ It is much like a son saying to his father’s enemy,‘If you attack my father, you attack me.’ No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all could perceive the strong bond of unity between them.
Jesus and his Father, Jehovah God, are also “one” in the sense that they are in complete agreement as to intentions, standards, and values. In contrast with Satan the Devil and the first human couple, Adam and Eve, Jesus never wanted to become independent of God.“The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing,” Jesus explained.“For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”—John 5:19; 14:10; 17:8.
This strong bond of unity, however, does not make God and his Son, Jesus, indistinguishable from each other. They are two individuals. Each one has his own distinct personality. Jesus has his own feelings, thoughts, experiences, and free will. Nevertheless, he chose to submit his will to that of his Father. According to Luke 22:42, Jesus said:“Let, not my will, but yours take place.” These words would have been meaningless if his will could not differ from his Father’s. If Jesus and his Father were really one person, why did Jesus pray to God and humbly admit to not knowing things that only his Father knew?—Matthew 24:36.
I will admit to not knowing the answer to every question that can be ask about the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit but i do know they are one and by knowing that i conclude Jesus was God in flash while here on earth that along with the scriptures i provided are enough for me . The name Immanuel To me means God with us .
Someone ask me the question what do you know about your God and i gave my answer . You not agreeing with my answer changes nothing . You are free to make post of what you believe but i however do not intend to be school in it by you .

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91250 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit to not knowing the answer to every question that can be ask about the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit but i do know they are one and by knowing that i conclude Jesus was God in flash while here on earth that along with the scriptures i provided are enough for me . The name Immanuel To me means God with us .
Someone ask me the question what do you know about your God and i gave my answer . You not agreeing with my answer changes nothing . You are free to make post of what you believe but i however do not intend to be school in it by you .
Let me give you some verses to check out, about the Trinity, if you like.
John 1:1, 20:28
John 5:20
Acts 5:3,4
Isaiah 43:10, 44:6-8
Matt 28:19
1Cor 12:4-6
2Cor 13:14
1Pet 1:2
Heb 1:8, in this verse, God the Father calls Jesus God the Son,.. GOD.

The JW bible changed most of these verses, if not all.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91251 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you some verses to check out, about the Trinity, if you like.
John 1:1, 20:28
John 5:20
Acts 5:3,4
Isaiah 43:10, 44:6-8
Matt 28:19
1Cor 12:4-6
2Cor 13:14
1Pet 1:2
Heb 1:8, in this verse, God the Father calls Jesus God the Son,.. GOD.
The JW bible changed most of these verses, if not all.
Thank you i will look at them .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prayers for Clerk Kim Davis 43 min sambo 13
Jeff Mills 3 hr a friend 2
Old drive inn 4 hr Intheknow 6
Judge hall gives daughters boyfriend health dep... 4 hr Mug head 8
Qualfications of a Pastor? 4 hr Blaster 15
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 5 hr Rogers 728
lets go to florida (Jan '15) 7 hr isolated incident 212
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 7 hr Observation 24
Sixty minutes asking questions about Knox court... Thu lost my faith 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages