Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,885

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91208 Nov 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a brilliant take on the pledge that I never thought of... You are absolutely correct... the term God is used by Every religion to identify a supreme being.. The many Gods of early Greece, the God's from the stars of the Sumerians, the God of Satanists, The God of Islam and the bearded God of the Mayans are covered in the pledge and are inclusive in the coinage term In God We Trust...
Thanks Q!, also for expanding of that subject.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91209 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.
If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.
GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.
I worship Jehovah God . He nor i ever get confused about that . He knows exactly to whom i am referring when i speak of him .
Who or what others worship has nothing to do with that .
As far as this being a secular country sad to say i believe it is moving more in that direction all the time . I don't feel that's something to be celebrated however .

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91210 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know your bible predicts an end time scenario. Do you even read your bible?
Poor priest, you can't understand your own bible, how do you expect to understand everyone elses? Explain to us what your supposed to gain by molesting young children, and drinking blood, after all that's what your rituals call for.
I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91211 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.
If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.
GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.
Thank you.
Most christians have no idea or even thoughts about a god. They go to church ether knowing it is a sham or with some fantasy of angels sitting on clouds smiling down on them. Ether way it is about making them feel special and above others, not the worship to a Deity

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91212 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship Jehovah God . He nor i ever get confused about that . He knows exactly to whom i am referring when i speak of him .
As far as this being a secular country sad to say i believe it is moving more in that direction all the time . I don't feel that's something to be celebrated however .
Can you tell us what you know about the God that you worship?
I am not being a smart ass or being mean, it is an honest question.
I ask because most church people have no clue at all
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91213 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
A good point made, I too am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91214 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?

I asked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible, and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91215 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?
I asked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible, and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but not answer the questions?

Hmm sounds like what you do...
I am still waiting to hear the name and author of this so called Satanic Bible liar

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91216 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar
I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.

The people in our Bible who drank blood, and molested children, were cleaned out by the Israelites. The way it should be today.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91217 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.
The people in our Bible who drank blood, and molested children, were cleaned out by the Israelites. The way it should be today.
You do not back up anything you say so you have lost all credibility. It was the israelites who committed the evil you speak of and then made up your god to justify themselves.
There is no Satanic Bible that tells us to drink blood or harm any one or any animal, in fact just the opposite.
Make up all you want because you have admitted that is what you do, lie and make stuff up
You are pathetic, your mind is so weak that you have to lie to others to support the lies you tell yourself. I pity you

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91218 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to post verses from your vulgar bible, just because you haven't read it. If you think you can just keep saying drinking blood, and molesting children are not in your satanic bible will make it true, your a fool, and most on here know it, because it is in the satanic bible, and it is in your satanic rituals. So keep being a fool if you want, I could care less.
No one asked you to post verses, I asked you for the NAME, and AUTHOR of said made up book.
By twisting that around what you said was "I lied and you caught me waa waa I am a fake and a liar"
THE NAME OF THE BOOK AND THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91219 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon, soon we will clean you out, soon we will wipe your evil cult out of existence through education and self empowerment.
We will teach people to read and question and soon your cult will be a distant memory
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91220 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
Why would you comment to my quedtions, but notanswer the questions? Iasked why you thought the JW changed so many verses in the Bible,and seeing that Jesus was not your Mesiah, when do you think yours is coming?
I thought I answered your question about Jesus being the MESSIAH.

What example do you have where Jehovah's Witnesses changed verses in the Bible?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91221 Nov 16, 2012
The apostle Paul described the Devil as “the god of this system of things.”(2 Corinthians 4:4) As “the ruler of this world,” the Devil has promoted countless false gods.(John 12:31) Hence, all worship addressed to man-made gods is, in effect, worship rendered to Satan. But Satan is not a god who merits our worship. He is a self-appointed ruler, a usurper. In time, he himself, as well as all forms of false worship, will be eliminated. When that happens, all humanity—yes, all creation—will forever acknowledge Jehovah as the only true and living God.—Jeremiah 10:10.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91222 Nov 16, 2012
HAVE YOU WONDERED?
What does the Bible teach about idol worship?—Psalm 135:15-18.
Should Jesus and the angels be worshipped as gods?—Luke 4:8.
Who is the only true God?—John 17:3.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91223 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Can you tell us what you know about the God that you worship?
I am not being a smart ass or being mean, it is an honest question.
I ask because most church people have no clue at all
I know that my God is the creator of all things but one and that is evil.
I know he has never wanted anything for his creation but good and for us all to know him and love him and in a perfect world we all would ,But because evil does exsist we must choose if we will or not . I know that Jesus Christ while on this earth was God in flesh . I know that the pain he experienced on the cross as far as the flesh being killed was nothing in comparison with the evil he took onto himself for all mankind . I know that he defeated evil there and by doing so he made a way for us to do it also through him and once we except that we are made new, free of the evil we have taken part in unto that point and given His Holy Spirit to comfort and guild us the rest of the way through this life . I know that what he did on the cross for us was done out of pure love and mercy so there would be away for us to come back to him .
I know that he knew and love each of us before we were born and wants nothing more then to do that through out our whole lifes . I know that he has plans for us after this life is over .
I know that at some point in time when he has been chosen for the last time over evil he will put and end to evil .
I know i gave a big answer and i don't feel even a complete one but you did ask a big question . Now if you feel i am one of those Church people who don't have a clue as you call them that's fine you are free to have your opinion but just know that what ever it is it doesn't change the truth about me or my God .
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91224 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
A good point made, I too am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I am a wittness for Jehovah God but am not a member of any denomination . I am a Christian . I have found that every denomination has their own beliefs right or wrong not for me to judge but i simply am not willing to comform what i know to be true in my heart about God to fit into any of them.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91225 Nov 16, 2012
Yes, god created evil,

kjv
isaiah 45
6-7 and more

6 that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all these things.

8 and I also dance and sing and create delusional people sayeth the delusion.

Clearly the non-existent god of the poorly thought out kjv claimed to do all these things.

“There is no god.”

USA

#91226 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No one asked you to post verses, I asked you for the NAME, and AUTHOR of said made up book.
By twisting that around what you said was "I lied and you caught me waa waa I am a fake and a liar"
THE NAME OF THE BOOK AND THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR
Waste of time priest.

“There is no god.”

USA

#91227 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SS, great post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 52 min gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 3 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 4 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 5 hr Curious 3
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 5 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 5 hr koko 53
Court Dockets 8 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 8 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills 22 hr Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3