Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,549

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91186 Nov 16, 2012
Wow. We are seeing a mental meltdown of the many faces of YAA, john, and ymbs when he starts switching back and forth between names in the very same hour. Lol.

His religion should come with a warning label: "May cause cognitive dissonance, multiple personalities and righteous indignation. Not recommended for adults or those with a functioning brain."

Location hidden

#91187 Nov 16, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"Obama who claims to be a christian"
Yes he does... don't he!
Do you believe he is???
Oddly enough, we don't believe YOU are- based on your actions -despite your claims to the contrary.
See how that "believing" about another's belief system works?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91188 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>God says in the end days, rulers will be like little children, that babes shall rule over them.
obama being elected was just another prophesy coming to light. That's the thing about the prophesies in the Bible, they all actually come true.
ROTFLMFAO, ANOTHER END OF THE WORLD, number four hundred thousand

Location hidden

#91189 Nov 16, 2012
John 316 wrote:
<quoted text>"yet to the christian, the jew is hellbound in a hand basket"
Not true!
The Children of Abraham are the clidren of the Promise!
The promise that IF they have faith in God... they're ok!
Tis better to be a child of Grace!
Yer sense of right n wrong was instilled in you long ago!
Thank you for your insite. The christians "I" am familar with, believe that only thru the son, do you meet the father... sort of a Jesus or bust thing. "Children of the Promise" seems to open another pandora's box, it would imply only "Jews" can skip Jesus, while other religions do not, hence will fry in everlasting fire and show clear favortism and unequalness in god's eyes. This unclearness of biblical scriptures, is what many find disturbing and come away with basic doubt of the bible being a valid record and guide of spirtual salvation for afterlife.

To each his own belief I leave,, as I do not have all the answers, I watch, listen and learn as a human being.

Puff, puff, pass.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#91190 Nov 16, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …Succeed the USA the Future

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91191 Nov 16, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO, ANOTHER END OF THE WORLD, number four hundred thousand
Don't you know your bible predicts an end time scenario. Do you even read your bible?

Poor priest, you can't understand your own bible, how do you expect to understand everyone elses? Explain to us what your supposed to gain by molesting young children, and drinking blood, after all that's what your rituals call for.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91192 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i do salute the flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance to it.
I will do that as long as it remains one nation of under God . That is not evil or worship .Despite what some may think .
Here is an excellent example of picking and discarding verses by Christians. YaA should be well aware of the discussion awhile back regarding oaths (Matt. 5:33), but it doesn't fit with his hyper "patriotic" FAUX news mentality.

Location hidden

#91193 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking about the flip flopper Mitt Romney, even other mormons would not vote for him. What does that say about you putting your trust in man since the bible says it is foolish. Maybe your soul is not as safe as you first thought. You worship the God of luck, that's not safe.
Psalm 146:3
Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91194 Nov 16, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>There is no playing it safe!
You either Stand for Righteousness, or waller in the sewer!
Good to know. When do you plan to stop yammering nonsense and redistributing fabrications? Life is short.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91195 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.
Tsk, Tsk. Moving to Texas soon?? Good luck with that Alamo version 2.0. BTW, I have recommendations on some "volunteers" for that project.

Location hidden

#91196 Nov 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, Tsk. Moving to Texas soon?? Good luck with that Alamo version 2.0. BTW, I have recommendations on some "volunteers" for that project.
Your response has nothing at all to do with my comment, are you mind reading again, or something?

Location hidden

#91197 Nov 16, 2012
I Just read the most awesome assessment of Christianity (i.e. the Story of Salvation):

"Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from a Hell he created. He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of 'virgin'."

I get it now! I have seen the light! I am supposed to be so impressed and humbled by his sadomasochism and the irrefutable logic that there is no question he is real. GLORY!

Location hidden

#91198 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.
7th, what was the reason they voted for him BEFORE he supported gay marriage? Or the reason they voted for Clinton, or any other Democrat? I guess that logic escapes you.

But what we do see is most people are smart enough to not be a "Chicken voting for Colonel Sanders" - I.e. someone who is openly hostile to them.

I guess you vote Republican since they support you and your spouse humping each other like rabbits, eh? That is what the sanctity of marriage is all about, right? Being able to hump away with what you think is god's blessing?
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91199 Nov 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an excellent example of picking and discarding verses by Christians. YaA should be well aware of the discussion awhile back regarding oaths (Matt. 5:33), but it doesn't fit with his hyper "patriotic" FAUX news mentality.
That verse has nothing to do with saying the pledge of alligiance to the flag . I say it is you who are picking and discarding verses by not reading any before or after to put it into context .
That would be more like the msnbc news metality .Don't ya think !!!
Truth

Danielson, CT

#91200 Nov 16, 2012
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
The bible that this country was founded on
Truth

Danielson, CT

#91201 Nov 16, 2012
Jesus Bsh wrote:
This is complete garbage. I agree with the post saying to teach it to your kids at home. School is supposed to be about learning facts, not shoving your beliefs on these kids. There are religious based schools if you like. I mean, where does it end? We would have to allow all religions to be taught or none, if we're being fair. And if you do that, there will be no time to learn about real classes, such as science.
GOD is the real class
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91202 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think the JW changed so many verses in the Bible? Also, if Jesus wasn't your Mesiah, when do you think yours will come?
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91203 Nov 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible that this country was founded on
As he said, Which One... There Were Several and all had differences in their texts...

The KJV Version didn't show up until the 1700's and the first one brought here was the Geneva Bible

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

The one Jefferson, a Founding Father, used was one he cut out all reference to miracles and the divinity of Jesus...

http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/62/...

Truth

Danielson, CT

#91204 Nov 16, 2012
Richmond transplant wrote:
Seriously?! Keep your fairy tales to yourself. We've got so much stuff that's already mandated to pass these damn standerdized tests, then turn around and fill these kids heads with nonsense? I dint kick in the door of your church and educate you on cell theory, don't go throwing your evil god stuff at my child. I want him to grow up unafraid of fantasy BS!
WOW!!! Maybe you should go back to Richmond.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91205 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
That verse has nothing to do with saying the pledge of alligiance to the flag . I say it is you who are picking and discarding verses by not reading any before or after to put it into context .
That would be more like the msnbc news metality .Don't ya think !!!

If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.

If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.

GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 sum 42 min Funtime 1
John w bays 2 hr lol 2
Barbourville utilities 3 hr crazt 7
Barbourville High School 5 hr citizen 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 7 hr BSFan 15
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 7 hr FriedTaters 6
has anyone found a male fox hound with a red co... 7 hr Barbourville Citizen 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match