Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142409 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91192 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i do salute the flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance to it.
I will do that as long as it remains one nation of under God . That is not evil or worship .Despite what some may think .
Here is an excellent example of picking and discarding verses by Christians. YaA should be well aware of the discussion awhile back regarding oaths (Matt. 5:33), but it doesn't fit with his hyper "patriotic" FAUX news mentality.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91193 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking about the flip flopper Mitt Romney, even other mormons would not vote for him. What does that say about you putting your trust in man since the bible says it is foolish. Maybe your soul is not as safe as you first thought. You worship the God of luck, that's not safe.
Psalm 146:3
Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91194 Nov 16, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>There is no playing it safe!
You either Stand for Righteousness, or waller in the sewer!
Good to know. When do you plan to stop yammering nonsense and redistributing fabrications? Life is short.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#91195 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.
Tsk, Tsk. Moving to Texas soon?? Good luck with that Alamo version 2.0. BTW, I have recommendations on some "volunteers" for that project.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91196 Nov 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, Tsk. Moving to Texas soon?? Good luck with that Alamo version 2.0. BTW, I have recommendations on some "volunteers" for that project.
Your response has nothing at all to do with my comment, are you mind reading again, or something?

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91197 Nov 16, 2012
I Just read the most awesome assessment of Christianity (i.e. the Story of Salvation):

"Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from a Hell he created. He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of 'virgin'."

I get it now! I have seen the light! I am supposed to be so impressed and humbled by his sadomasochism and the irrefutable logic that there is no question he is real. GLORY!

Location hidden

#91198 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's been stated on here before, that most really didn't vote for Romney, they just voted against someone who believes in sharia law, gives our tax money to his muslim brothers to attack us with later, and supports killing babies. I would say supports gay marriage, but we all know he doesn't believe in that, that was just a another political move, tell the gays you support them humping one another, and they don't even look at what else is on your agenda, they fall for the same ole trick everytime.
7th, what was the reason they voted for him BEFORE he supported gay marriage? Or the reason they voted for Clinton, or any other Democrat? I guess that logic escapes you.

But what we do see is most people are smart enough to not be a "Chicken voting for Colonel Sanders" - I.e. someone who is openly hostile to them.

I guess you vote Republican since they support you and your spouse humping each other like rabbits, eh? That is what the sanctity of marriage is all about, right? Being able to hump away with what you think is god's blessing?
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91199 Nov 16, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an excellent example of picking and discarding verses by Christians. YaA should be well aware of the discussion awhile back regarding oaths (Matt. 5:33), but it doesn't fit with his hyper "patriotic" FAUX news mentality.
That verse has nothing to do with saying the pledge of alligiance to the flag . I say it is you who are picking and discarding verses by not reading any before or after to put it into context .
That would be more like the msnbc news metality .Don't ya think !!!
Truth

Danielson, CT

#91200 Nov 16, 2012
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
The bible that this country was founded on
Truth

Danielson, CT

#91201 Nov 16, 2012
Jesus Bsh wrote:
This is complete garbage. I agree with the post saying to teach it to your kids at home. School is supposed to be about learning facts, not shoving your beliefs on these kids. There are religious based schools if you like. I mean, where does it end? We would have to allow all religions to be taught or none, if we're being fair. And if you do that, there will be no time to learn about real classes, such as science.
GOD is the real class
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91202 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think the JW changed so many verses in the Bible? Also, if Jesus wasn't your Mesiah, when do you think yours will come?
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91203 Nov 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible that this country was founded on
As he said, Which One... There Were Several and all had differences in their texts...

The KJV Version didn't show up until the 1700's and the first one brought here was the Geneva Bible

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

The one Jefferson, a Founding Father, used was one he cut out all reference to miracles and the divinity of Jesus...

http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/62/...

Truth

Danielson, CT

#91204 Nov 16, 2012
Richmond transplant wrote:
Seriously?! Keep your fairy tales to yourself. We've got so much stuff that's already mandated to pass these damn standerdized tests, then turn around and fill these kids heads with nonsense? I dint kick in the door of your church and educate you on cell theory, don't go throwing your evil god stuff at my child. I want him to grow up unafraid of fantasy BS!
WOW!!! Maybe you should go back to Richmond.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91205 Nov 16, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
That verse has nothing to do with saying the pledge of alligiance to the flag . I say it is you who are picking and discarding verses by not reading any before or after to put it into context .
That would be more like the msnbc news metality .Don't ya think !!!

If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.

If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.

GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91206 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the pledge was made only for christians it would have said under Yahweh,Jehovah or Jesus and not use the secular title GOD. That is because the term GOD can refer to any God including Allah the God of americans considered pagan to you,yes,even Satan worship.
If it was meant to say under Yahweh or Jesus they would have put that in the pledge. So not all are pledging to the same GOD so as not to offend others who worship a different GOD.
GOD is a title not a name. So you say the pledge with Satanist showing your ignorance. Proof we a secular country.
That's a brilliant take on the pledge that I never thought of... You are absolutely correct... the term God is used by Every religion to identify a supreme being.. The many Gods of early Greece, the God's from the stars of the Sumerians, the God of Satanists, The God of Islam and the bearded God of the Mayans are covered in the pledge and are inclusive in the coinage term In God We Trust...

Location hidden

#91207 Nov 16, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ—Who Is He?
“EVEN many people who are not Christians believe that He was a great and wise teacher. He was certainly one of the most influential people who ever lived.”(The World Book Encyclopedia) Who is “He”? Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. Do you know who he is? Does he in any way affect your life?
I think I know the answer, pick me! pick me! pick me!

He was the guy, who like Michael Jackson-wasn't born white, despite all our pictures of him presenting him as a lilly-white guy in the Middle East. I have heard people say that is just because he takes after his dad's side of the family - but I said that was kinda racist.

Or was he Jewish zombie who knocked up his own mother to give birth to himself?

Or was he same guy who said anger was a sin, but got angry himself and beat moneychangers out of a temple.

Oh we know he doesn't daily affect our lives, but those self-appointed fundamentalists, who think they are empowered to tell us what Jesus would think of us, do.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91208 Nov 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a brilliant take on the pledge that I never thought of... You are absolutely correct... the term God is used by Every religion to identify a supreme being.. The many Gods of early Greece, the God's from the stars of the Sumerians, the God of Satanists, The God of Islam and the bearded God of the Mayans are covered in the pledge and are inclusive in the coinage term In God We Trust...
Thanks Q!, also for expanding of that subject.
Looking for hope

Winchester, KY

#91209 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship Jehovah God . He nor i ever get confused about that . He knows exactly to whom i am referring when i speak of him .
Who or what others worship has nothing to do with that .
As far as this being a secular country sad to say i believe it is moving more in that direction all the time . I don't feel that's something to be celebrated however .

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91210 Nov 16, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know your bible predicts an end time scenario. Do you even read your bible?
Poor priest, you can't understand your own bible, how do you expect to understand everyone elses? Explain to us what your supposed to gain by molesting young children, and drinking blood, after all that's what your rituals call for.
I am still waiting for you to prove anything about this Satanic Bible you are making up.
But since you keep mentioning things that are in your christian bible, raping children drinking blood killing animals for sacrifice killing babies you must be confusing the christian cults bible with us.
Offer some proof or admit to being a liar

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91211 Nov 16, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Most christians have no idea or even thoughts about a god. They go to church ether knowing it is a sham or with some fantasy of angels sitting on clouds smiling down on them. Ether way it is about making them feel special and above others, not the worship to a Deity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate flags 13 min Fyi 28
cash job for women 30 min angie 18
What happened in town last night? 1 hr Ihateidiots 4
sugars daddies 1 hr larry 28
Randy smith and Shelia 1 hr haha 14
$8000.00 reward wave runners (Oct '13) 2 hr Sick and tired 6
Need subo 2 hr Sick and tired 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages