Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 176793 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90186 Nov 3, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
To YAA, Most charity an help comes from good people no matter what their belief is. We help homeless people, yes the ones you freaks want to make non human status.
Churches always have some excuse when asked to help, the paster needs a new caddy or some more gold.
Most christians say "not with my money" when it comes to helping others.
Crock!
Yes... Good people help others...
Bad people don't!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#90187 Nov 3, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what else you want me to tell you, that I haven't ALREADY SAID. The Bible makes it clear not to trust all scribes.
That's why I've said SEVERAL TIMES on here to take everything back to the original manuscripts.
The nuts your talking about, are not even arguing about the meaning of a word, they agree on that. They're talking about the way it's used in the sentence.
That takes us back to the person with common sense, and the fool. If I say I had a good cup of coffee yesterday, only the fool would think I was talking about the cup!
LOL! You've talked about "the" original manuscripts, but you place your FAITH in the scribes of Emperor Constantine as to which ones.

I'm drinking from a good cup of coffee. The coffee is just Folgers, but the cup is my favorite. WAIT! Isn't that the same as saying I like MY church because it's my favorite, even if the content is stale chicory?

On a side note, I don't understand the fascination with french roast. I never order burnt toast - why does Starbucks always think I want burnt coffee?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90188 Nov 3, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
To YAA, Most charity an help comes from good people no matter what their belief is. We help homeless people, yes the ones you freaks want to make non human status.
Churches always have some excuse when asked to help, the paster needs a new caddy or some more gold.
Most christians say "not with my money" when it comes to helping others.
I need to add... many Pastors, as Our Pastor takes NO money at all! Giving the people God's word is an Honor!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90189 Nov 3, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a statement!!... There is more proof for Jesus existence than most rulers of his time but hey if you can't debunk anything the man said just say it never happened... Then stand by a KNOWN scientific impossibly and call it fact...
Great post!
But he Believes he's right! LOL

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#90190 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You've talked about "the" original manuscripts, but you place your FAITH in the scribes of Emperor Constantine as to which ones.
I'm drinking from a good cup of coffee. The coffee is just Folgers, but the cup is my favorite. WAIT! Isn't that the same as saying I like MY church because it's my favorite, even if the content is stale chicory?
On a side note, I don't understand the fascination with french roast. I never order burnt toast - why does Starbucks always think I want burnt coffee?
Just as I thought, you don't know the difference in Church, and a church building.

There's only one Church, but there are many church buildings, and many religions. I think that may be where you're problem of understanding comes from. I only talk of the Church, the members of the church buildings, and their religions are on their own.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90191 Nov 3, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed he did... So what's the problem with that statement?... It can... How is it all you Star Wars freaks can quote Yoda yet know so little about what Jesus was saying? Just because Jesus said "could be moved" doesn't mean it's going to... But moreover that's not what this passage is about... It's about mans lack of faith...
Yer right, but I think it's more about doubt!
Having small faith is powerful, but a shadow of doubt is like a stop sign!
Please Lord, help me with my doubt!
Jesus said we (Believers) could do all He done, and greater things!
I was not thinking about doubt when I cast those demons out, but
when they came back... I couldn't get rid of them, and doubt set in!
Interesting though!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#90192 Nov 3, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would but it would be beyond your ability to comprehend judgeing from your posts.....
Yep, but be careful that one will ban you from the conversation, lol.

“There is no god.”

USA

#90193 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus was saying was that like a tiny mustard seed, when a small amount of faith grows and is nurtured, it can grow to the size of a jet airliner and be flown into the side of an office building or two.
Damn good post, religion in a nut shell.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90194 Nov 3, 2012
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>I have learned that people seldom consider the flip side of their arguments.
Try this:
The danger in teaching the gay history is that this agenda has the power to create indoctrination in little kids. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to homosexuality. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for evil to be taught in public schools and alter and pollute the young minds of the future?
Great post!
They say... we just want to live OUR lives normally...
If that was so... they'd keep it in their homes...
Not ours!

“There is no god.”

USA

#90195 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Religies are not very bright, they will think you are talking about a building.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#90196 Nov 3, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine... Point me to One mention of the Biblical Christ before 10ad ... external of biblical texts that were written even later...
"before 10ad"?
is that a typo?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#90197 Nov 3, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Crock!
Yes... Good people help others...
Bad people don't!
Well, there YaA go, then. By "help others" you must mean others like Osteen, Robertson, Falwell, Copeland, Hinn, Meyer, Dollar, Long, the Whites, the Crouches, Brown, Jordan, Jakes, Hagee, Price, Bynum, Schuller, Howard-Browne, Murdock, Ewing, MacDonald, Dobson - and of course we can't forget former Bishop Romney.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#90198 Nov 3, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Just as I thought, you don't know the difference in Church, and a church building.
There's only one Church, but there are many church buildings, and many religions. I think that may be where you're problem of understanding comes from. I only talk of the Church, the members of the church buildings, and their religions are on their own.
Please stop measuring my inabilities with your own.
You believe that there is only one church? LOL! Which one? Seventh Day Adventists? Amish? Catholic? Southern Baptist? Jehovah's Witness? Messianic Jew?... I know what you meant. Don't bother me with rhetoric of ""Christ is the one true path to eternal salvation".
There are those who join churches (congregations) because the pastor is charismatic, or the (church) building is humble or magnificent, or because their family has roots there, or because they feel comfortable in its congregation, or because it is prestigious. There are many reasons people join congregations, and if it is too uncomfortable they will move to another. By definition, they favor the one they go to,
ergo their FAVORite.
While a parishioner might be considered part owner of a church property, their religion is NOT their own, the stale chicory of treatise and dogma is proscribed by the sect. The member's understanding and relationship with their deity is (should be) personal, which is NOT the same as religion.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#90199 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>Yep, but those satanic priests sure have!
Your guilt over raping your daughter is showing YAA. I guess that the meth is not working like it used to, maybe you should switch to Heroine or use a larger dose, or better yet STOP raping your daughter than you will not feel so much self loathing.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#90200 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>Great post!
They say... we just want to live OUR lives normally...
If that was so... they'd keep it in their homes...
Not ours!
Now please tell us how it is in YOUR home? I do not mean when you ra pe your daughter so tell us how it is in defenders home.
No lies please and try to hold off on the meth until you answer so you do not babble

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#90201 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that there is only one church? LOL! Which one? Seventh Day Adventists? Amish? Catholic? Southern Baptist? Jehovah's Witness? Messianic Jew?... I know what you meant. Don't bother me with rhetoric of ""Christ is the one true path to eternal salvation".
There are those who join churches (congregations) because the pastor is charismatic, or the (church) building is humble or magnificent, or because their family has roots there, or because they feel comfortable in its congregation, or because it is prestigious. There are many reasons people join congregations, and if it is too uncomfortable they will move to another. By definition, they favor the one they go to,
ergo their FAVORite.
While a parishioner might be considered part owner of a church property, their religion is NOT their own, the stale chicory of treatise and dogma is proscribed by the sect. The member's understanding and relationship with their deity is (should be) personal, which is NOT the same as religion.
7th Trump is a catholic, or maybe a JW, or maybe a wack job like YAA

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#90202 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ergo their FAVORite.
Why you would try to get me to argue with you over things we agree on, is beyond me.

Should I group you with all no-believers? And the things they believe in, or the things they've done in the past? That would be grouping you with all other false religions.
Liberaltreehugge r

Virgie, KY

#90203 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>I need to add... many Pastors, as Our Pastor takes NO money at all! Giving the people God's word is an Honor!
What a load of crap.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#90204 Nov 3, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine... Point me to One mention of the Biblical Christ before 10ad ... external of biblical texts that were written even later...
Ladakh records of Issa ?
defender

United States

#90205 Nov 3, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he existed! Wasn't he Montezuma's gardener?
Known scientific impossibilities like parting the Red Sea, flooding the Earth with 40 days of rain, walking on water, et cetera?

Seriously, I don't think anybody has a problem with the record of a pacifistic Jewish social rebel being killed in Roman times. Nobody doubts there was a pacifistic Hindu social rebel being killed toward the end of British rule, but people aren't building churches with replica Barretta semi-automatics over the dais. Maybe somebody will over the next 350 years.
You miss the point as always... Why is there any church for Christ at all?... This man had no army, held no political office and had only twelve followers... Can you name any person in history with that kind of impact? Atheist know they cannot argue with his teachings so the only desperate defense is questioning his existence ... Quite profound for a poor jewish carpenter don't ya think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jared franklin to denounce greg helton tue at c... 6 min proud mary 1
Don't Bank on Eubanks winning ! 9 min Truth 3
Jason smith magistrate 4 only wanting a county... 10 min no votes here 2
Jared franklin act like an ADULT ! 12 min fred 1
Jared mike corey cares less about topix ! 17 min grow up jared 1
Sprinkles Road Ad in Newspaper 34 min School Worker 2
How many would like 2 c mike corey get beat ? 1 hr john 47
Teachers for Franklin 2 hr Bitchplease 91

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance