Stephen

Barbourville, KY

#1 May 20, 2014
Most sorry a$$ place I've ever seen is those ladies that work in there afraid their going to break a nail if they do a little work? You can't get nothing done in there.Shameful
Truth

Williamsburg, KY

#2 May 21, 2014
Stephen wrote:
Most sorry a$$ place I've ever seen is those ladies that work in there afraid their going to break a nail if they do a little work? You can't get nothing done in there.Shameful
I have to agree 110% with you there! The place is a disgrace. They're biased too. If you're a working man with a child doing the right thing and taking care of your responsibilities, they treat you like a criminal. However, the real "dead beat" dads get away with not taking care of theirs. No, I'm not a male either. I've just seen first hand how females are treated in comparison to a great father. I don't even want to get started on Social Services. It's a complete waste of my tax paying dollars for there to even be a place called "Social Services" in Knox County. Like anything else in politics, it's all connected; Family Court Judge and all. Was really disappointed that Durenda Lindy Lawson made it back in for Knox! Laurel County voters had it right, she made 3rd in votes for them. SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Wife

United States

#3 May 27, 2014
My husband is the custodial parent in his case at the child support office. Since he is only one of 80 men in knox co. with custody of his child they treat him with 100% respect and are very efficient. But when we were on the other side paying monthly they treated him like he was trash. Just another dead beat daddy. I am sorry for those who are in that situation. I hope alot more men in Knox co. Would try and get there kids and prove a point that not every mother is the best placement for the child.
Lisa

Corbin, KY

#4 May 27, 2014
Contact the state complaint office OMSBUDSMAN They are the ones to make sure that office is doing their job They are not their boss It's an out of town office that oversees that office Complain to them That's the only way Knox county is going to be cleaned out of all the sorry workers
2cool

London, KY

#5 May 27, 2014
Who there years ago did the black guys
Voters

Corbin, KY

#6 May 27, 2014
Lisa wrote:
Contact the state complaint office OMSBUDSMAN They are the ones to make sure that office is doing their job They are not their boss It's an out of town office that oversees that office Complain to them That's the only way Knox county is going to be cleaned out of all the sorry workers
The voters picked Gilbert and we are stuck with his sorry workers now. Ombudsman can't undo our election
Lisa

Corbin, KY

#7 May 27, 2014
No they can't undo the election I had a problem with the child support office ain't went on for a couple of months I called the OMSBUDSMAN office well he got his papers in a week and I got my child support within a month Knox county doesn't do their job The OMSBUDSMAN will make them It's either do it or find another job I also had a friend that had crap from social services She also called that OMSBUDSMAN it was all settled in a couple of weeks That's the office that makes sure WE are taken care of and these offices do what they are hired to do Ain't gonna change if WE don't make them change
Truth

Williamsburg, KY

#8 May 31, 2014
Wife wrote:
My husband is the custodial parent in his case at the child support office. Since he is only one of 80 men in knox co. with custody of his child they treat him with 100% respect and are very efficient. But when we were on the other side paying monthly they treated him like he was trash. Just another dead beat daddy. I am sorry for those who are in that situation. I hope alot more men in Knox co. Would try and get there kids and prove a point that not every mother is the best placement for the child.
I am so glad to hear/read the comment of someone "on the other side" or similar to my situation. I was the post before yours. That being said, sounds like you've been through what I am going through, to some degree anyhow. My husband has a daughter from a previous marriage. He and his ex-wife share custody... meaning we pay child support, get her every other weekend, split holidays and 2 weeks every Summer. We want her so badly! We NEED her so badly! I know everyone assumes that I'm jealous, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm looking out for what's best for the child; We NEED her with us! My husband is far from a "dead beat" dad. He works (always has), loves his child, has the ability to raise her in a good environment, wants her away from her "living situation with Mother", etc. I could go on for hours. Anyhow, her Mother (if you can call her that) is useless, to say the least. This child has seen and been through it all with her biological Mother. She's had several different men moved in and out, had another child (different treatment), does dope in front of her, leaves her with anyone that will keep her and on and on and on. It is so bad that my daughter (step-daughter) told my husband and I about a month ago that "My Mom's boyfriend has so much pain in his back that he has to take his medicine in a needle!" Social Services HAS been contacted, the Family Court Judge is aware, Child Support has been contacted, County Attorney, State Police and so forth. We were told, "As long as there is one person in the Home that isn't under the influence or someone in the Family within walking distance and the child is feed, there is nothing we can do!" The State Police will not search thre Home, Social Servuces has been there 6 times, but NEVER followed through. My child told the Social Services Worker EVERYTHING, still - NOTHING!

We HAVE to get this child out of there and have did everything we can. If we go to the Home, the Police are called immediately and we face jail (tresspassing) while the Mom and boyfriend are fine.

PLEASE, if you have any suggestions? I'm praying that having a new Judge will help. Hopefully one that doesn't look at every male with disgust in her eyes. One that sees that not all men are "dead beats." One that will do SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

I know people think... "There's no way. I would not put up with that." I swear we have did everything within our legal power. I know what you are thinking. How can we raise her if we are in jail though? It is at that point.

Again, PLEASE? We've offered her money, will agree she does not have to pay child support (when we get her), exhausted all legal positions. I really don't want this to get any more ugly, but no other choice at this point.

SUGGESTIONS? WHO to contact? ANYTHING? Please?
Curious

London, KY

#9 May 31, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad to hear/read the comment of someone "on the other side" or similar to my situation. I was the post before yours. That being said, sounds like you've been through what I am going through, to some degree anyhow. My husband has a daughter from a previous marriage. He and his ex-wife share custody... meaning we pay child support, get her every other weekend, split holidays and 2 weeks every Summer. We want her so badly! We NEED her so badly! I know everyone assumes that I'm jealous, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm looking out for what's best for the child; We NEED her with us! My husband is far from a "dead beat" dad. He works (always has), loves his child, has the ability to raise her in a good environment, wants her away from her "living situation with Mother", etc. I could go on for hours. Anyhow, her Mother (if you can call her that) is useless, to say the least. This child has seen and been through it all with her biological Mother. She's had several different men moved in and out, had another child (different treatment), does dope in front of her, leaves her with anyone that will keep her and on and on and on. It is so bad that my daughter (step-daughter) told my husband and I about a month ago that "My Mom's boyfriend has so much pain in his back that he has to take his medicine in a needle!" Social Services HAS been contacted, the Family Court Judge is aware, Child Support has been contacted, County Attorney, State Police and so forth. We were told, "As long as there is one person in the Home that isn't under the influence or someone in the Family within walking distance and the child is feed, there is nothing we can do!" The State Police will not search thre Home, Social Servuces has been there 6 times, but NEVER followed through. My child told the Social Services Worker EVERYTHING, still - NOTHING!
We HAVE to get this child out of there and have did everything we can. If we go to the Home, the Police are called immediately and we face jail (tresspassing) while the Mom and boyfriend are fine.
PLEASE, if you have any suggestions? I'm praying that having a new Judge will help. Hopefully one that doesn't look at every male with disgust in her eyes. One that sees that not all men are "dead beats." One that will do SOMETHING, ANYTHING.
I know people think... "There's no way. I would not put up with that." I swear we have did everything within our legal power. I know what you are thinking. How can we raise her if we are in jail though? It is at that point.
Again, PLEASE? We've offered her money, will agree she does not have to pay child support (when we get her), exhausted all legal positions. I really don't want this to get any more ugly, but no other choice at this point.
SUGGESTIONS? WHO to contact? ANYTHING? Please?
my husband has custody of two of his daughters and it's a similar case to yours. We had to use Maryann smyth as an attorney and she worked well with us. We documented everything we knew and every man she was with around the kids. We also had pictures of the condition the children were in when we picked them up. I would call and ask her for a consultation and she will tell you what she can do to help you! Best of luck to your husband and yourself and his daughter!
get a clue

Barbourville, KY

#10 May 31, 2014
children are not meal tickets, you tramps need to learn and practice birth control, same for you little boys who think a boner makes you a man
Curious

London, KY

#11 May 31, 2014
I don't think anyone called children a meal ticket or acted that way. You must be a person who has to help support a child and doesn't want too!
get a clue

Barbourville, KY

#12 May 31, 2014
Curious wrote:
I don't think anyone called children a meal ticket or acted that way. You must be a person who has to help support a child and doesn't want too!
you must be even more stupid than I think . One of those tramps with 5 kids by 5 fathers? Go get our foodstamps and shutup , dont bother thanking society for paying for your mistakes and repay your debt by raising another generation of beggars born with their hand out.
Curious

London, KY

#13 Jun 1, 2014
Ok apparently you didn't read my original statement! I'm not after child support. I was offering advice to someone about getting custody of their child. I work a full time job and go to school and help my husband raise his children that he has custody of from a previous marriage. I'm not a dead beat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 1 hr Rollie pollie 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wes 137,787
any bi-guy in barbourville (May '12) 2 hr D west 51
howell (Jun '10) 3 hr Tweety bird 27
Amy Brock 4 hr miss me 11
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 4 hr Suerte 46
Whose the best unemployment hearing lawyer arou... 4 hr Helpful 3
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]