Did New Mayor and council have ILLE...
tubbies

Keavy, KY

#21 Apr 22, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
<quoted text>lorddy, lorddy we are saved. Wait where is the money going they save? he'll have to do more than that to inpress me. how much was the city out? 10 or 15 bucks. why don't he cut a few workers or a few paychecks down but thats not going to happen. It don't do no good to try to save money when theres no money to save. put are parks to good use have some fundrises we could make at lease 15% off them. Do even do any kind of walk for a cure or anything like that. We won't make millions but it would be a start.
ok, using your number of $15 .. twice a week x 20 businesses x 52 weeks .. you do the math genius.. HillbillyStupid is a little closer to the truth
tubbies

Keavy, KY

#22 Apr 22, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
<quoted text>lorddy, lorddy we are saved. Wait where is the money going they save? he'll have to do more than that to inpress me. how much was the city out? 10 or 15 bucks. why don't he cut a few workers or a few paychecks down but thats not going to happen. It don't do no good to try to save money when theres no money to save. put are parks to good use have some fundrises we could make at lease 15% off them. Do even do any kind of walk for a cure or anything like that. We won't make millions but it would be a start.
you are also making the same errors under 3 different names so quit answering yourself.. kinda makes you look more HillbillyStupid
HillbillyStrong

Orlando, KY

#23 Apr 22, 2014
Save money yah wrote:
<quoted text> Good point council members make 100 dollars but then get almost 1000 dollars worth or insurance paid each month that's between 8000 and 9000 dollars each year each for twelve 1 hour meeting a month multiply x six members .
As well off as most of them are.You would think if they was there to help the City and as broke the the city is. They would not take a dime.
HillbillyStrong

Orlando, KY

#24 Apr 22, 2014
tubbies wrote:
<quoted text>you are also making the same errors under 3 different names so quit answering yourself.. kinda makes you look more HillbillyStupid
I'll do like the council dose your off topic this is about illegal meeting not me!!! don't say nothing like or we will have you band for topics But I assue you I only use this name. so call me stupid all you want. It don't make you any smarter. I just call it like I see it
Voter

Keavy, KY

#25 Apr 22, 2014
In the near future the council will be given the chance to prove that they have not had illegal meetings
whatever

United States

#26 Apr 22, 2014
Bwe wrote:
<quoted text> Stay off the clerks when the council makes almost 1000 dollars a month with paid insurance for a 1 hour meeting x. 6 council members x 12 months figure that payroll out and see where the money is going .
Why are you people trying to blame the council for ex-mayor wrong doing. And why was the people that done first audit not shown all the stuff the state audit found.
May be

Keavy, KY

#27 Apr 22, 2014
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you people trying to blame the council for ex-mayor wrong doing. And why was the people that done first audit not shown all the stuff the state audit found.
The council may be just as guilty as the ex mayor of violations .
juice

London, KY

#28 Apr 22, 2014
May be wrote:
<quoted text>The council may be just as guilty as the ex mayor of violations .
Best comment yet! The city is Council run not mayor run. This whole fiasco will be brought more public very soon and the new mayor will be suffering a bad case of the hot seat as well. Should be interesting to say the least. Stay tuned!
Dave

Orlando, KY

#29 Apr 23, 2014
I know a lady that got a letter from state and her kids never went to that daycare now this is going to be funny stay tune!!!
HillbillyStrong

Orlando, KY

#30 Apr 23, 2014
What was that I hear about them paying off a lady to not to say anything about something to do with buses or something like that. must be why no know about them metting. They must not have the money to pay off everyone to keep there mouth shut.
gossipty do da day

Keavy, KY

#31 Apr 23, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
What was that I hear about them paying off a lady to not to say anything about something to do with buses or something like that. must be why no know about them metting. They must not have the money to pay off everyone to keep there mouth shut.
HillbillyStupid, LOL
HillbillyStrong

Orlando, KY

#32 Apr 23, 2014
gossipty do da day wrote:
<quoted text>HillbillyStupid, LOL
Name calling I give that up a long time ago. My kids do that sometimes when they get in trouble or get caught in a lie and can't lie there way out of it. My son hates this line lets see if you hate it too. "keep up the name calling your true colors are showing"
whatever

United States

#33 Apr 23, 2014
juice wrote:
<quoted text>
Best comment yet! The city is Council run not mayor run. This whole fiasco will be brought more public very soon and the new mayor will be suffering a bad case of the hot seat as well. Should be interesting to say the least. Stay tuned!
Wow, the city is council run, you mean to tell me that in a hour a month meeting, our council members are able to run and maintain all the city departments and finances, and then investigate any wrong doings, now thats one tough job
Big money

Keavy, KY

#34 Apr 23, 2014
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the city is council run, you mean to tell me that in a hour a month meeting, our council members are able to run and maintain all the city departments and finances, and then investigate any wrong doings, now thats one tough job
look what Wilma barnes has made in ten years on the council at a thousand a month
HillbillyStrong

Orlando, KY

#35 Apr 23, 2014
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Most bills are payed once a month. Just paper work what's so hard about it. It's not a hard job for someone who know what there doing.
gossipty do da day

Keavy, KY

#36 Apr 23, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
<quoted text>Name calling I give that up a long time ago. My kids do that sometimes when they get in trouble or get caught in a lie and can't lie there way out of it. My son hates this line lets see if you hate it too. "keep up the name calling your true colors are showing"
..HillbillyStupid, LOL true colors hahaha yip LMAO
Person

Keavy, KY

#37 Apr 23, 2014
When I read this thread I bought a paper and was very impressed that the paper man put the facts out there now we as the community will see if they do the right thing
easy

Keavy, KY

#38 Apr 23, 2014
Person wrote:
When I read this thread I bought a paper and was very impressed that the paper man put the facts out there now we as the community will see if they do the right thing
You must be easy to impress then, because "the paper man" is obviously ticked off at the mayor and council for stopping the free recyclables pick up.
Resident

Keavy, KY

#39 Apr 23, 2014
easy wrote:
<quoted text>You must be easy to impress then, because "the paper man" is obviously ticked off at the mayor and council for stopping the free recyclables pick up.
I would say that's true I'm sure it's just because recycling helps our town BUT the council is only stopping recycling because Thompson started the program and the public has supported it young and old
easy

Keavy, KY

#40 Apr 23, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> I would say that's true I'm sure it's just because recycling helps our town BUT the council is only stopping recycling because Thompson started the program and the public has supported it young and old
personally , I support the recycling. But ... I dont see why city employees have to do the work for the bussiness owners.The bins are still available to use the service is still free to drop off. It is not a money maker if the city has to do labor for bussinesses..really I cant see how that is even legal, it isnt the same as picking up trash and hauling it off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Knox co get 40 liquor stores 22 min Well 8
kentucky jail tracker (Jan '12) 22 min Sarahvanover 16
Debbie Brown 37 min Person 8
Does J--A--R--V--I--S stand for.......? 1 hr Lets See 18
Glad KC and Corbin don't play each other again 1 hr Go Big Clay 3
the music thread (Jan '12) 1 hr Sweet Daddy 228
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Be Back Later 1,649

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance