Did New Mayor and council have ILLE...

Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meeting again ??????

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Advocate

Keavy, KY

#1 Apr 21, 2014
Well from what I read in the opinions and columns in the advocate not only have they made decisions to stop recycling behind the publics back but not resolved the issues that the audit found months later I think I can see what's coming in the future for our council members .
Guilty

Keavy, KY

#2 Apr 21, 2014
Looks like keeping the public informed went out the window for Darren
Sure

Keavy, KY

#3 Apr 21, 2014
recycling is a good thing to do , its just not a good way to make money.
if it cost the city 50 dollars in labor to recycle 10 dollars worth of paper, I agree..the businesses in town can haul it theirself
might I say

Keavy, KY

#4 Apr 21, 2014
the only reason they are or should I say he is stopping the recycling is because it was a project that D
avid started. Keep it up Darren you are just cutting your nose off to spite your face. cant understand these council members or the residents that are allowing this and other things to happen, and by the way what happened to allowing the public to know whats going on or am I missing something.
Legal aid

Keavy, KY

#5 Apr 21, 2014
I would say they have set theirself up for more lawsuits or at best are showing that they illegally meet on a regular basis .
Wondering

Keavy, KY

#6 Apr 22, 2014
Advocate wrote:
Well from what I read in the opinions and columns in the advocate not only have they made decisions to stop recycling behind the publics back but not resolved the issues that the audit found months later I think I can see what's coming in the future for our council members .
It looks like the council members are making up their own rules now
mike

Somerset, KY

#7 Apr 22, 2014
vote them all out I hope they get in trouble for trying to run people's life they don't care about our town or the people in it just lineing their own pockets and trying to destroy the town!87
Kounty employee

Keavy, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2014
The funny thing is that they didn't have to talk Darren into it he was foolish enough to stick his neck out on his own do you really think they didn't know what was going to happen .
HillbillyStrong

Keavy, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2014
Why don't they investagate the council they seem'd to get very up-set when they was ask'ed did they know any thing about what David done.
Humm

Keavy, KY

#10 Apr 22, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
Why don't they investagate the council they seem'd to get very up-set when they was ask'ed did they know any thing about what David done.
It very interesting that they have never done anything about the things that they were told about in the audit results like the paper said last week
whatever

United States

#11 Apr 22, 2014
It takes time people to write new
Policies and procedures, people give them time.
whatever

United States

#12 Apr 22, 2014
It seems like you people are gaging on a Nat and swallowing an elephant, Thompson the one that caused this mess.
whatever

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2014
And why is nobody asking questions about the city clerk and city administrator they had to know something was going on
Since there the ones that write the checks and pay the bills.
HillbillyStrong

Keavy, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2014
whatever wrote:
It seems like you people are gaging on a Nat and swallowing an elephant, Thompson the one that caused this mess.
And he had help. I mean if the council has nothing to do with what the mayor dose what's the point of having a council. I don't know much about politics, But I thouth the council Oked or vetoed whatever the Mayor plans are.
tubbies

Keavy, KY

#15 Apr 22, 2014
the advocate is mad because they have to haul off their own recyclables now, when the city use to "lose" money picking it up for them.
HillbillyStrong

Keavy, KY

#16 Apr 22, 2014
whatever wrote:
It takes time people to write new
Policies and procedures, people give them time.
Why so they can cover for them selfs
HillbillyStrong

Keavy, KY

#17 Apr 22, 2014
tubbies wrote:
the advocate is mad because they have to haul off their own recyclables now, when the city use to "lose" money picking it up for them.
lorddy, lorddy we are saved. Wait where is the money going they save? he'll have to do more than that to inpress me. how much was the city out? 10 or 15 bucks. why don't he cut a few workers or a few paychecks down but thats not going to happen. It don't do no good to try to save money when theres no money to save. put are parks to good use have some fundrises we could make at lease 15% off them. Do even do any kind of walk for a cure or anything like that. We won't make millions but it would be a start.
Duh

Keavy, KY

#18 Apr 22, 2014
Jay nolans QUOTE. The city council doesn't know what the mayor is doing or the council and mayor are meeting behind the publics back and making decisions That's a easy one to figure out they have a track record of doing this in the past .POINT. Months ago Darren west was quoted in the Corbin times that he and the other two had met and made a decision before a council meeting had even started this was thought to have been overlooked .
Save money yah

Keavy, KY

#19 Apr 22, 2014
HillbillyStrong wrote:
<quoted text>lorddy, lorddy we are saved. Wait where is the money going they save? he'll have to do more than that to inpress me. how much was the city out? 10 or 15 bucks. why don't he cut a few workers or a few paychecks down but thats not going to happen. It don't do no good to try to save money when theres no money to save. put are parks to good use have some fundrises we could make at lease 15% off them. Do even do any kind of walk for a cure or anything like that. We won't make millions but it would be a start.
Good point council members make 100 dollars but then get almost 1000 dollars worth or insurance paid each month that's between 8000 and 9000 dollars each year each for twelve 1 hour meeting a month multiply x six members .
Bwe

Keavy, KY

#20 Apr 22, 2014
whatever wrote:
And why is nobody asking questions about the city clerk and city administrator they had to know something was going on
Since there the ones that write the checks and pay the bills.
Stay off the clerks when the council makes almost 1000 dollars a month with paid insurance for a 1 hour meeting x. 6 council members x 12 months figure that payroll out and see where the money is going .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Skylar 156,497
Tc a daddy again 1 hr just wondering 8
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 3 hr Sam 164
Knox Schools 3 hr Truth 1
Radio frequency 4 hr andy 6
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 11 hr cant make em drink 19
What's going on with Misty Briwn 11 hr Just curious 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages