First Prev
of 6
Next Last
knox pareent

Middlesboro, KY

#102 Dec 18, 2012
i can remeber trying out for the ball team and hearing him say 2 another parent that he was friends with laughing saying i dont think this kid could even make it down the court i was over weight growing up and still 2 this day rember these words
knox pareent

Middlesboro, KY

#103 Dec 18, 2012
just sit and think u piece of shit mr west it was 1994
somehow

London, KY

#104 Dec 19, 2012
I knew this would get turned into the same old argument:

Parents: "It's the school's fault!"

Teachers: "It is the parent's fault!"

Parents: "How is it our fault? Things were like this at GR for a really long time! It was like this when I went there. The school needs to make some changes!"

Teachers: "I am SICK of everyone talking negatively about my school and it's employees. I have just about had it."

Parents: "Well, make some changes, and act like you care!"

Teachers: "People don't understand that teachers go to school for a LONG time to get their job, and teachers teach for the kids, not the money. Every individual that works at GR cares about the children and would do anything to help them."

Parents: "We go to school for a really long time too, and we work all the time. That is why we pay taxes, so that teachers have a job! If you don't want to do your JOB then go to some other school!"

Teachers: "If you don't think we do a good job, take your kids elsewhere!"

Parents: "We have to send our kids here because of *insert reason here: law, district, work, etc.*"

Random person from the past: "FFFFFF you *insert teacher here*!! Back in the DAY you did blah blah blah!! No wonder *insert irrelevant rant here*"

All this type of argument does is separate people on a very important issue. It boils down to this:

1. Parents need to be involved with the PTA hands down.

2. Teachers need to admit they do wrong, and they may have caused the situation with bullying to become worse.

3. Mr. West needs to make some serious changes now, rather than do what has been done in the past.

In the end, unless we all make changes, then the problem will continue and kids will do what they have in the past like:

-Threaten to bring guns to school and shoot up a classroom (seriously, if you don't remember this it was all over topix like a year ago).

-Kids threaten to commit suicide like this case.

... or worse. Ignoring the problem and pointing blame leads to the same results.
My opinion

London, KY

#105 Dec 20, 2012
I myself went to GR my kids went to GR my grandchildren went to GR. I still have a grandchild that attends GR. Our first trouble with bullying started last year. It got so bad the beginning of this year my grandchild started having anxiety attacks in the mornings before school. We went to school mutable times last year with no results. After going to Mr. West this year the bullying has now stopped. Thank God. GR is not the only Knox County School with bullying problems. A superintendent that cares about our children is the first thing that needs changed, then weed out the principles and teachers that aren't putting our children's learning and safety first. I have also realized that most of the time the parents of the bully are never notified. That's the FIRST thing I would expect them to do. It's a sad world we live in that a child has to be afraid to go to school, and as parents we are afraid to send them
Knox Parent

Barbourville, KY

#106 Dec 21, 2012
My opinion wrote:
I myself went to GR my kids went to GR my grandchildren went to GR. I still have a grandchild that attends GR. Our first trouble with bullying started last year. It got so bad the beginning of this year my grandchild started having anxiety attacks in the mornings before school. We went to school mutable times last year with no results. After going to Mr. West this year the bullying has now stopped. Thank God. GR is not the only Knox County School with bullying problems. A superintendent that cares about our children is the first thing that needs changed, then weed out the principles and teachers that aren't putting our children's learning and safety first. I have also realized that most of the time the parents of the bully are never notified. That's the FIRST thing I would expect them to do. It's a sad world we live in that a child has to be afraid to go to school, and as parents we are afraid to send them
Yeah It stopped after that child had tried to hurt himself if it wasn't for that there still be bulling.It's awful it had to come to taht to stop it.But the truth.And the parents had went to Mr.West and school board before this..........That School needs to be looked into PERIOD.
Posters

Manchester, KY

#107 Dec 24, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Does G.R have posters of "Not to bully" or anything thats anti-bully? If not maybe they should do that. I dont think first priority is going to stop the bullying for G.R, since they are suppose to teach "do to others what you would have them do to you". I dont think bullies want to be bullied. Theres alot of hippocrates in this world
There are anti bullying posters everywhere in the hall ways and classroom programs on not being a bully also.
I know what you mean

Barbourville, KY

#108 Dec 24, 2012
I was bullied at Girdler....NOTHING done. The teachers knew it was happening, and nothing...Then I was bullied freshman year at knox central. A good teacher noticed it, and asked me about it. I told her what all they were doing and most of the bullying stopped after they were sent to talk to someone. I told the person that talked to the kids that if it didn't stop I would have my parents press charges. After that I wasn't bullied so bad. Every now and then the boys would make remarks, and then would say "better not pick on her...she might tell on you" I didn't mind that because they tortured me verbally before that. Now years later those kids are either, no longer in this area, or turned out to be ok people. I missed a lot of school due to bullying in elementary school and my freshman year. I am too nice, and I don't like fighting. Besides I would not hit anyone unless they hit me first. It was all verbal.
but

London, KY

#109 Dec 28, 2012
Nothing will ever change in Knox Co. School systems. I mean, what can anyone actually do to change anything?
yeah

London, KY

#110 Dec 31, 2012
Someone addressed the problem, and everyone shut the hell up. Lol.
yeah

London, KY

#111 Dec 31, 2012
I saw those.. 1970 called btw.. they want their posters back apparently.
Posters wrote:
<quoted text>
There are anti bullying posters everywhere in the hall ways and classroom programs on not being a bully also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ky Momma 1 hr guy 2
Stealing from child's grave 3 hr Coke And A Smile 23
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr John316 155,559
ItsBarbourville on ustream 4 hr neo cons cant 2
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 5 hr friend 19
McDonald's 5 hr j j j 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]