Does anyone know the kid at GR who tr...
LOL

United States

#82 Dec 16, 2012
G.R needs an update on everything
Well

United States

#83 Dec 16, 2012
ido wrote:
<quoted text>I see a major problem with it. What about atheists, agnostics, and people of other religion *required* by state law to walk down those halls?

Church belongs in a church, not a school.

It is also a poor example for your "school church" when your followers are letting people be bullied to the point of suicide, wouldn't you say?
The bullying part yes.. but the other you mentioned that's exactly what's wrong with this world today!!
Well

United States

#84 Dec 16, 2012
ido wrote:
<quoted text>I see a major problem with it. What about atheists, agnostics, and people of other religion *required* by state law to walk down those halls?

Church belongs in a church, not a school.

It is also a poor example for your "school church" when your followers are letting people be bullied to the point of suicide, wouldn't you say?
Years ago when you didn't hear of all that CRAP you never heard of things that are happening these days. It was much better times.
80s kid

London, KY

#85 Dec 16, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago when you didn't hear of all that CRAP you never heard of things that are happening these days. It was much better times.

I agree when I went to school we didn't have to worry bout these kinda things. We said the pledge and said one flag under GOD and didn't have to listen to someone's feeln get hurt cause they didn't believe. If you don't believe in god it's your choice but I bet if you was in a life or death situation you would be reaching out for help or think god you made it. I'm not a religious person been to church prolly 12 times my whole life but I know deep down there is a god and I don't pray every night but I do tell him thanks for all the things and people in my life and thanks for letting me have one more day to enjoy it.
parent

United States

#86 Dec 17, 2012
Parent of GRH students wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thing is being stemmed from the boy being picked on and being bullied. That is why he wrote the note. The father tired to get something done through the school and it didn't work which tells me that the school is not doing to much about it because if the school had intervened and put a stop to the bullying then the boy would have never done what he did. Why does there have to be something else going besides him being bullied is that not enough for someone to try and kill themselves?
Very Well Said..........
faith

United States

#87 Dec 17, 2012
Is there a P.T.O there at that school.Maybe Parents need to stand up and start something we can talk about this till were blue in the face.......Until a parent stands there ground.I would back up a parent for that.Maybe take out that Religon class and replace it with something better.(anti-bully)something.. ........If there's alot of talk of this.........Let's do something about it.
Parent

United States

#88 Dec 17, 2012
faith wrote:
Is there a P.T.O there at that school.Maybe Parents need to stand up and start something we can talk about this till were blue in the face.......Until a parent stands there ground.I would back up a parent for that.Maybe take out that Religon class and replace it with something better.(anti-bully)something.. ........If there's alot of talk of this.........Let's do something about it.
Of course there is a PTO at the school. I'm sure most if not all schools have them. But let me ask you this? Just how many parents at GR or any of the other schools do you think have actually been to a PTO or PTA meeting EVER? How many parents have EVER volunteered at their child's school or attended anything other than maybe a ballgame or only shown up to complain about something? I hate that the child felt bullied. That should never happen to a child. But, I also can't help but wonder just how involved this child's parents were in his education and his life in general. As someone else pointed out, his note said he hated his LIFE. His life involved more than school. Are his parents one of the few parents who are involved in their child's education? Do they attend parent conferences each grading period? Do they attend PTA meetings every month? Do they volunteer in his classroom or at the school? Do they help him with his homework? Are they even there when he gets home? Those are questions I'd like answered before I jump on the "school is at fault" bandwagon. Bullying is bad, and it should be dealt with, but being an uninvolved and uninformed parent is just as bad. I have a bad feeling that when all is said and done, this child's home life left a lot to be desired.
Tuti Phruti

Florence, KY

#89 Dec 17, 2012
On the Dr. Phil show today (12/7/12), he said you could go to his website, and find resources for your children in need of help.

Please let everyone know.
Arsh

United States

#90 Dec 17, 2012
My child was bullied at GR this year when school started.I contacted the teachers and they told me they just couldnt believe it,that the little girl doing the bullying was a straight A student,quiet little girl who was a joy to have in there class.I done my own research and found at least 3 other students being bullied by the same little girl.Contacted the parents of the bully myslef.They didnt believe it and said there daughter wouldnt speak to mine that they would have her stay away from my daughter.After about a 100 prank calls from the little girl i put the fear of god in her myself.Wrong of me....maybe...but now my child can go to school in peace now.I had no help from any of the staff at GR.All they done is question the kids being bullied who was to scared of the little girl to tell on her and said no they was ok.Didnt talk to the bully at all.I feel really bad for this child and hope he sees some peace at school,cause its state law he has to go...which they WILL actually do something about is attendence....thats about it though.
Amazed

United States

#91 Dec 17, 2012
Arsh wrote:
My child was bullied at GR this year when school started.I contacted the teachers and they told me they just couldnt believe it,that the little girl doing the bullying was a straight A student,quiet little girl who was a joy to have in there class.I done my own research and found at least 3 other students being bullied by the same little girl.Contacted the parents of the bully myslef.They didnt believe it and said there daughter wouldnt speak to mine that they would have her stay away from my daughter.After about a 100 prank calls from the little girl i put the fear of god in her myself.Wrong of me....maybe...but now my child can go to school in peace now.I had no help from any of the staff at GR.All they done is question the kids being bullied who was to scared of the little girl to tell on her and said no they was ok.Didnt talk to the bully at all.I feel really bad for this child and hope he sees some peace at school,cause its state law he has to go...which they WILL actually do something about is attendence....thats about it though.
That's sad.sorry you had to go through that..........I think each one of the teachers in G.R should get drug tested somethings wrong at that school.Where do they find these so called teachers.Mr.West was bullied himself which we should expect better bulling skills from him.....Someone higher power should be contacted.......That schools a JOKE......
Proud Parent

United States

#92 Dec 17, 2012
IT'S sad what happened at Sandy Brook...And G.R sends letters home to tell us to talk to our children about what's going on.Please why don't they send letter's home having parents talk to our kids about bulling.........or that's not a good enough topix..............Please
concern

United States

#93 Dec 17, 2012
I wonder what kind of safety is being done at G.R Hampton school for those kids safety....You can walk in without being buzzed in........That should'nt be...Then the issue about the teacher that tried committing sucide and weed found on her...Then this student..But nobody's talking about that teacher...What's wrong with this picture.
Parent of GRH students

London, KY

#94 Dec 17, 2012
Proud Parent wrote:
IT'S sad what happened at Sandy Brook...And G.R sends letters home to tell us to talk to our children about what's going on.Please why don't they send letter's home having parents talk to our kids about bulling.........or that's not a good enough topix..........Please
What note, my kids attend GR and they have not brought home anything about what happened at Sandy Brook.
Parent of GRH students

London, KY

#95 Dec 17, 2012
concern wrote:
I wonder what kind of safety is being done at G.R Hampton school for those kids safety....You can walk in without being buzzed in........That should'nt be...Then the issue about the teacher that tried committing sucide and weed found on her...Then this student..But nobody's talking about that teacher...What's wrong with this picture.
In my opinion there is no safety at GR. Every time I walk in that school everyone is in the front office talking and stuff and not paying attention to anyone that enters the school which is very sad.
LMAO

Liberty, KY

#96 Dec 18, 2012
That is the truth if I ever heard it!
Parent of GRH students wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion there is no safety at GR. Every time I walk in that school everyone is in the front office talking and stuff and not paying attention to anyone that enters the school which is very sad.
LMAO

Liberty, KY

#97 Dec 18, 2012
It is "crap" for people to enjoy constitutional rights to the freedom of religion?

Sure.. what other constitutional freedoms are crap to you?
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO

Liberty, KY

#98 Dec 18, 2012
Which particular brand of Christianity should we force the children to follow at school?

I vote for Pentecostalism.
80s kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree when I went to school we didn't have to worry bout these kinda things. We said the pledge and said one flag under GOD and didn't have to listen to someone's feeln get hurt cause they didn't believe. If you don't believe in god it's your choice but I bet if you was in a life or death situation you would be reaching out for help or think god you made it. I'm not a religious person been to church prolly 12 times my whole life but I know deep down there is a god and I don't pray every night but I do tell him thanks for all the things and people in my life and thanks for letting me have one more day to enjoy it.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#99 Dec 18, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>I would Love to find out what they do..........Please keep us updated..Good Luck Our Wishes to your little one..........
The Principal is taking care of the problem, my grandson has had no problems this week. We are lucky, we have Teachers who really care about kids at our School. I feel good about this situation.
Knox Parent

United States

#100 Dec 18, 2012
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
The Principal is taking care of the problem, my grandson has had no problems this week. We are lucky, we have Teachers who really care about kids at our School. I feel good about this situation.
Good Luck with that..........
knox pareent

Dyer, TN

#101 Dec 18, 2012
something needs 2 b done i use 2 go 2 gr and john west is nothing but a joke probbaly 1 of the biggest bullys there i no for a fact

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min CriminalForever 152,011
house cleaner wanted 37 min Just asking 6
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 1 hr TOASTup 14
Education 3 hr Curious 22
outlaws 3 hr eighty one 20
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 6 hr Barb 23
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 11 hr Concerned 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages