Does anyone know the kid at GR who tr...

Does anyone know the kid at GR who tried to commit suicide

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
wtf

London, KY

#1 Dec 12, 2012
its on the front page of the Avocate and it says an 11 years old tried to kill himesef cuz he was bullied. Damn
justsayin

United States

#2 Dec 12, 2012
That's terrible! Poor little guy. Does anyone know who the bullies were? This is 2 weeks in a row that GR has made the front page of the paper.
Stfu

Flat Lick, KY

#3 Dec 12, 2012
These are children!!! There names should NEVER be made public information on Topix! Shame on you for trying to do so!!
yeah

London, KY

#4 Dec 12, 2012
There has always been a bullying problem at GR.. remember a few years ago that other kid? They don't care about the issue out there.
ha

London, KY

#5 Dec 12, 2012
yeah wrote:
There has always been a bullying problem at GR.. remember a few years ago that other kid? They don't care about the issue out there.
No, I don't. No names but what happened?
yeah

London, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2012
I tried to find the old posts.. lets just say that the school was praying that the kid would go to jail because of a statement. He was bullied, and the teacher didn't do anything about it. In fact, I hear she instigated it.
Every Where

United States

#7 Dec 13, 2012
Well bullying is in every school not just GR. I know this parents feelings, I have been to school and talked to everyone from the top to the bottom. I have called the board and talked to them and nothing was ever done. It's a shame that people let crap like this go on. My child was picked on for ever over his weight,looks etc... Children are crul and the parents and teachers are even worse for letting this go on. You never know when you send your child to school what will happen. I would have never dreamed my child would face such issues he is a strait A student, athelitic wears the best but he is stocky. My point is it's about time that someone is hurd over this issue.
maybe

London, KY

#8 Dec 13, 2012
Commissioner of Education Mr. Holiday will be in Knox Co tomorrow so call the media or your schools or his office and Frankort and tell him you want to talk to him about what is happening in th schools and how no one helps you. Do it today so you can see him tomorrow.
concern parent

United States

#9 Dec 13, 2012
I think every parent should be invould in there kids ask them if they had been bullied or maybe there the bullies if so tell them about what it does to a children First the bully talk should start at HOME..........BE A PARENT BE INVOULD IN YOUR CHILDS LIFE.JUST SAYING Sad story i wonder what there gonna do ...............
concern parent

United States

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Plus at that school G.R. Hampton has no security anyone can walk in school.That needs to be adressed badly.........plus all the confussion at that school with all the traffic as far as transfer buses thats messed up kids getting mixed up that school needs to be UPDATED..........
Intheknow

London, KY

#11 Dec 13, 2012
All you have to do is call the police, BUT you have to have first-hand knowledge not hearsay. Principals need to call the police and let them handle it. Bad press over calling is not half as bad as press after a child takes his own life!
concern parent

United States

#12 Dec 13, 2012
yeah wrote:
who was it any names ?how long ago?
concern parent

United States

#13 Dec 13, 2012
yeah wrote:
I tried to find the old posts.. lets just say that the school was praying that the kid would go to jail because of a statement. He was bullied, and the teacher didn't do anything about it. In fact, I hear she instigated it.
Wondering what teacher-s instigated it?
concern parent

United States

#14 Dec 13, 2012
Intheknow wrote:
All you have to do is call the police, BUT you have to have first-hand knowledge not hearsay. Principals need to call the police and let them handle it. Bad press over calling is not half as bad as press after a child takes his own life!
you would think that they would suspend student or students but some of these parents don't care there either all doped up not worried about there kids.......
Another parent

United States

#15 Dec 13, 2012
To concern parent: You are apparently nothing but a trouble maker going from thread to thread trying to stir up trouble. Sounds to me like YOU are as much of a bully as anyone. Pathetic.
Dido

Flat Lick, KY

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Another parent wrote:
To concern parent: You are apparently nothing but a trouble maker going from thread to thread trying to stir up trouble. Sounds to me like YOU are as much of a bully as anyone. Pathetic.
I couldn't have said it better!
concern parent

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2012
Another parent wrote:
No it's a issue you must be the dead beat dope up parent that yr childs the bully
concern parent

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2012
Dido wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have said it better!
maybe when it happens to you you'll turn that question around unless you work at that lame school....just saying dead-beat dope up parents..........
Really

London, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2012
every time a student or parent reports bullying it is addressed at GRH. No one instigated this, several people tried to intervene. The Advocate did a fairly good job of presenting both sides of this issue but it didn't know the whole story. this specific issue was addressed several times, in several ways, as well as several others this year by class discussions, behavior contracts, actual in class programs by more than one agency and discussions with parents. This child has obviously not reported any of this back his parents because they think nothing was ever done to try and stop the hurtful behavior.
Knox County schools have a bullying policy but we can't see or hear everything said and done. It is up to personal choice as to how each child is going to conduct themselves when they think no one is looking or no one can hear the same as it is for adults. Those people who fire up topix with hurtful opinions when they know nothing about a situation have the same personal choice; to make a bad situation better or to make it worse with rumors, gossip and slander. Most children practice what they are modeled at home.
maybe

London, KY

#20 Dec 14, 2012
so why did the child attempt suicide at school if all these things are in place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min yawn 172,999
Dee Dole Screws Over Knox County Children ! 2 hr Who 25
John Barger thread removed 2 hr Who What When 10
John Laten Johnson 3 hr Boots 1
Barbourville homewreckers. 3 hr Whywhy why 15
Stivers Aquatic and Wellness Center to close 3 hr Just saying 20
Knox Central not doing there job! 4 hr Just saying 23
who's everyone voting for judge exe ? 5 hr vote 47
What is Bob Corey running for?? 7 hr Be smart 48

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages