Homemade canned Vegetables for sale?

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

money

London, KY

#1 Jul 19, 2011
does anyone know anyone who sell homemade canned garden vegetable? or bread/butter pickles?
bvillegirl

Barbourville, KY

#2 Jul 19, 2011
what would you wanna pay for like canned garden veggies ??
money

Somerset, KY

#3 Jul 19, 2011
do you have any for sale and how much?
meee

Manchester, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2011
money wrote:
do you have any for sale and how much?
i have canned white runner beans for sale canned last fall still sealed how much would u pay a quart
Truthfully

United States

#5 Jul 19, 2011
I saw quarts of beans at Peach Corner fir $7.00 a quart. Thought that was pretty expensive myself but I really have never bought any.
meee

Manchester, KY

#6 Jul 19, 2011
Truthfully wrote:
I saw quarts of beans at Peach Corner fir $7.00 a quart. Thought that was pretty expensive myself but I really have never bought any.
well i think that is ridicules.where do u live and how old are u .i would never take advantage of people like that

Since: Jul 11

Corbin, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2011
meee wrote:
<quoted text>i have canned white runner beans for sale canned last fall still sealed how much would u pay a quart
I would pay 3.50 a quart ! And would love some bread n butter pickles. U still selling?
meee

Manchester, KY

#8 Jul 19, 2011
Thatsvideo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would pay 3.50 a quart ! And would love some bread n butter pickles. U still selling?
i havent made any pickles in quite some time.i always make kraut and tomato juice and canned tomatoes.but the garden stuff is just now coming in and its to early to start canning.would u not druther have fresh beans out of the garden
Suzy

Texarkana, TX

#9 Jul 3, 2012
try gourmetgardens.net
they have many canned items in jars. its the bomb
Just me

Puyallup, WA

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Have u ever canned before? If u have & have grown ur own garden then ud NEVER think that price was unreasonable!!! All the hrs of planting, watering, hand weeding, hoeing, picking & preparing the items to can cannot have a price put on its head !! If you don't grow it then u have to buy fresh in season (very expensive in some parts) THEN can!! It takes many many hrs to can & do it correctly & beautifully! So my suggestion if you don't wanna pay about $10 a qt... Get all the equipment & do it ur self! Ull have a new found respect for us canners!!!
What

London, KY

#11 Jun 25, 2013
At the end of the day no matter how much work is put into canning,( it is still just a green bean and some tomatoes) so I'm sorry that it is so hard work but I'm only going to pay so much to eat a green bean lol
please

Somerset, KY

#12 Jun 26, 2013
What wrote:
At the end of the day no matter how much work is put into canning,( it is still just a green bean and some tomatoes) so I'm sorry that it is so hard work but I'm only going to pay so much to eat a green bean lol

If it's still just a green bean or a tomato then just buy them out of the store in a can. There is a huge difference in flavor and nutritional value in home canned veggies or else you wouldn't be wanting "Home Canned". Heck, the jar by its self costs a dollar not to mention the price of the vinegar, sugar, salt, pectin, peppercorns, herbs and spices that goes into the recipes. When you add that all together, and add in prices for the plants when you start your garden and the time it takes to clean, chop and prep the foods you are looking at $7-$10 a quart!
What

London, KY

#13 Jun 27, 2013
Yes, you are right you do have all that money in them and yes, it is a lot of hard work, and yes, they are alot better than the ones in the store no argument there, the only thing that I'm saying is that I'm not giving ten dollar for green beans no matter how good they are that is all I'm saying about it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rats?? just wondering 1 hr Snuffleupagu 5
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr aaa 8
truck payments 1 hr Get a life 13
To the Garland family 1 hr Just saying 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 131,867
Jesus Was Not A Jew (Aug '10) 2 hr Dan 120
missing pit bull 5 hr not joking 8
Need food badly 6 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 7 hr Info 21
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:00AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak
NBC Sports12:40 PM
George Iloka: We can't do what we did last week and apply it to Peyton Manning
NBC Sports 1:09 PM
A.J. Green out sick on Thursday