How can we improve our County?
to much to list

United States

#2 Aug 13, 2013
term limit on every elected position in the county , state would be better
Knox

Corbin, KY

#3 Aug 13, 2013
New mayor. Only if bville knew what went on behind closed doors. Just saying.
Pillbillies

United States

#4 Aug 13, 2013
quit treatng these useless dope heads like they have a "disease" send their worthless butts to the bighouse for maximum sentences,third arrest give em life or lethal injection,their choice
beenthere

United States

#5 Aug 13, 2013
my plan is to leave haha go somewere were i dont know anyone then i may have chance to be something and not get looked down on by things ive did in my past 5 10 years ago and i cant even get a job in this town cause of ppl talking about me how to improve how bout going by the old saying dont beleve nothing you hear and only half of what you see !
cheese eating kenny

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 13, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
quit treatng these useless dope heads like they have a "disease" send their worthless butts to the bighouse for maximum sentences,third arrest give em life or lethal injection,their choice
best answer
help

London, KY

#7 Aug 13, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
And just how will this work, to help Knox County?
Pillbillies

United States

#8 Aug 13, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>And just how will this work, to help Knox County?
cut the population by 75% all the turds get flushed would be a nice place
beenthere

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
<quoted text>cut the population by 75% all the turds get flushed would be a nice place
then it would just be something else some are never happy
beenthere

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
i think hitler try to do something like that with jews ru hitler?
Pillbillies

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2013
beenthere wrote:
<quoted text>i think hitler try to do something like that with jews ru hitler?
you must be a real genius or a worthless doper? your comparisn speaks for you.To stupid to see the co relation between dopers and quality of life of the citizens who have to put up with them.Its dark now ,shouldnt you be out trying to find something to steal?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Actually there are several things that would help Knox County and the Center Piece should be Barbourville...

1) Designate downtown and a surrounding area a "Historical District"

This would allow rules for buildings and zoning along with Tax and Fee incentives for anyone that builds or upgrades building within the designated area where the buildings and facades are refurbished in turn of the century styling... This was made clear to me on a recent visit to Corydon,In and Stanford, Kentucky... Both towns have Historical Districts where anyone bringing buildings back to turn of the century conditions and moving in a tourist based biz paid no taxes on the properties during the refurbishing and for a years after opening to the public.

2) Allow Alcohol sales in restaurants and entertainment venues.

3) Tear Down the Court House and build a Small turn of the century style Court House with only 2 functions.. A Justice of the Peace office/Court Room and a Tourist Office... Build the Old Knox Central property into the main Knox County Court complex to move government biz and traffic off the court house square ... This would allow for parking and space for a tourist based biz sector...

4) Buy or build 2 Trolly Coaches based on the style of the Original Barbourville Trolly System .. These can be motor coaches instead of rail.

Here is the basic issue... Coal is a dead end economic market for our area , same can be said for Lumber industry.. The only resource we really have in the tourist industry and we have one of the longest and greatest Histories in the state.. Towns of historical significance that used that history have thrived when others around them crumble... Jobs come to service the industries..

Once you have entertainment, quality restaurants and jobs you can then attract the best and brightest and keep our best and brightest that then become involved in the government of the county... As it is with no entertainment, little to do on free time ect.. When our best and brightest reach 18 the first thing they want to do it Leave... When your best and brightest leave because of the environment we are left with worst and dimmest to run the county and educational systems... You have a higher percentage of those that can't cut it in the outside world, you have kids falling to drugs and violence...

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#13 Aug 13, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Actually there are several things that would help Knox County and the Center Piece should be Barbourville...
1) Designate downtown and a surrounding area a "Historical District"
This would allow rules for buildings and zoning along with Tax and Fee incentives for anyone that builds or upgrades building within the designated area where the buildings and facades are refurbished in turn of the century styling... This was made clear to me on a recent visit to Corydon,In and Stanford, Kentucky... Both towns have Historical Districts where anyone bringing buildings back to turn of the century conditions and moving in a tourist based biz paid no taxes on the properties during the refurbishing and for a years after opening to the public.
2) Allow Alcohol sales in restaurants and entertainment venues.
3) Tear Down the Court House and build a Small turn of the century style Court House with only 2 functions.. A Justice of the Peace office/Court Room and a Tourist Office... Build the Old Knox Central property into the main Knox County Court complex to move government biz and traffic off the court house square ... This would allow for parking and space for a tourist based biz sector...
4) Buy or build 2 Trolly Coaches based on the style of the Original Barbourville Trolly System .. These can be motor coaches instead of rail.
Here is the basic issue... Coal is a dead end economic market for our area , same can be said for Lumber industry.. The only resource we really have in the tourist industry and we have one of the longest and greatest Histories in the state.. Towns of historical significance that used that history have thrived when others around them crumble... Jobs come to service the industries..
Once you have entertainment, quality restaurants and jobs you can then attract the best and brightest and keep our best and brightest that then become involved in the government of the county... As it is with no entertainment, little to do on free time ect.. When our best and brightest reach 18 the first thing they want to do it Leave... When your best and brightest leave because of the environment we are left with worst and dimmest to run the county and educational systems... You have a higher percentage of those that can't cut it in the outside world, you have kids falling to drugs and violence...
Some good points Q, thanks.
beenthere

United States

#16 Aug 14, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a real genius or a worthless doper? your comparisn speaks for you.To stupid to see the co relation between dopers and quality of life of the citizens who have to put up with them.Its dark now ,shouldnt you be out trying to find something to steal?
your the one wanting to do a mass killing i bet you get your drugs from the doctor so its ok for you to take them btw i dont take pills also i beleve something for nothing leaves hell to pay say what you want hitler your nothing to me i know me better than anybody else

“Insensitive Beast ”

Since: Aug 13

Cannon, KY

#17 Aug 14, 2013
Improve Knox County?

First of all, Knox County isn't a bad place to start with. Perhaps if all you people bitching and griping about it would leave, it would be a better place to start with, moron's.

It just needs better people to run it, and a Beter Hospital, for starter's.
beenthere

United States

#18 Aug 14, 2013
to white trash pillbilly please explain why you think im like hitler it would be interesting to hear lol
beenthere

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2013
Landraider wrote:
Improve Knox County?
First of all, Knox County isn't a bad place to start with. Perhaps if all you people bitching and griping about it would leave, it would be a better place to start with, moron's.
It just needs better people to run it, and a Beter Hospital, for starter's.
your one hundred percent right

“Insensitive Beast ”

Since: Aug 13

Cannon, KY

#20 Aug 14, 2013
beenthere wrote:
<quoted text>your one hundred percent right
Yes, I've been all over the Country, and I can tell most of these people haven't been out of this County in their lives very much, if any.

I'd rather live right here than just about any aother place I've been to.
Pillbillies

United States

#22 Aug 14, 2013
beenthere wrote:
to white trash pillbilly please explain why you think im like hitler it would be interesting to hear lol
I couldnt care any less what or who you are like,take a minute and learn how to read, or are you blaming your poor comprehenshion skill on being a dope feind too.
beenthere

United States

#23 Aug 14, 2013
Pillbillies wrote:
<quoted text>I couldnt care any less what or who you are like,take a minute and learn how to read, or are you blaming your poor comprehenshion skill on being a dope feind too.
yep im a doper or at leaset try act like one only way i can fit in here at least i dont ponit figers like i said before will not be here much longer so that will be one lest so called dope head to worry about ppl here are so backwards that they cant see change in noone if someone sees you smoke a jonit 10 years ago ever time your name is brought up to them thats the frist thing they talk about hes just a dope head noone can ever see the good you do or see you try to turn your life around so many ppl turn drugs cause they have noone to turn to nobody looks out for each other no more i geuss its eazyer to kick'em when there down and if they try to get up kick'em again so they cant prove you wrong but those days are over for me haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Higher Property Taxes 4 min Woweee 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min CriminalForever 151,723
outlaws 1 hr bigboy 16
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 1 hr topcreeker 3
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 1 hr bigfoot 18
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 4 hr funny 7
Older men Younger women 5 hr bigfoot 10

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages