Hossie smith for school board
Lookinig out

South Fulton, TN

#187 Sep 29, 2012
people please you know it dont matter what automobile hossie drives or what he does nor does it matter what charles merida does.I have read through all these posts.All i know is that mr smith has been on the board for a few years and apparently hasent done his best for all schools yeah he helped dewitt stay out of transition for 2 yrs that was great and i know the parents and children was pleased and i agree the dewitt school should stay open.But it does go back into transiton in Janurary 2013.Well look at all the things that charles has done for the entire country he and a lot of others made it possible for us to be able to sleep in our beds safe at night by fighting for our country 20 yrs you know i think this is great my brother is also a vetran i applaud all our men and women who serves in the armed forces.You know they dont have to do it.They do it because they want to protect all their loved ones and everyone in this great nation of ours.And I for one think everyone should think and reconsider their choice of school board member you know charles really must care for all of us to protect us for that long.HE IS AGAINST BULLYING IN THE SCHOOLS,AGAINST PAY RAISES FOR THE TOP OFFICIALS,AND FOR WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO TAKE CARE OF OUR CHILDREN,AND HE HAS OUR KIDS AND HIS OWN GRANDCHIDREN BEST INTREST AT HEART.And i know he will make his self available to anyone at anytime to help with issues concerning our children and his grandchidren he has 2 that goes to dewitt and 3 in flat lick.He loves kids.Plese consider all this and then think who do i want for my school board member.PLESE VOTE MERIDA I REALLY THINK HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB FOR OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM.
thankful

Corbin, KY

#188 Sep 29, 2012
Lookinig out wrote:
people please you know it dont matter what automobile hossie drives or what he does nor does it matter what charles merida does.I have read through all these posts.All i know is that mr smith has been on the board for a few years and apparently hasent done his best for all schools yeah he helped dewitt stay out of transition for 2 yrs that was great and i know the parents and children was pleased and i agree the dewitt school should stay open.But it does go back into transiton in Janurary 2013.Well look at all the things that charles has done for the entire country he and a lot of others made it possible for us to be able to sleep in our beds safe at night by fighting for our country 20 yrs you know i think this is great my brother is also a vetran i applaud all our men and women who serves in the armed forces.You know they dont have to do it.They do it because they want to protect all their loved ones and everyone in this great nation of ours.And I for one think everyone should think and reconsider their choice of school board member you know charles really must care for all of us to protect us for that long.HE IS AGAINST BULLYING IN THE SCHOOLS,AGAINST PAY RAISES FOR THE TOP OFFICIALS,AND FOR WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO TAKE CARE OF OUR CHILDREN,AND HE HAS OUR KIDS AND HIS OWN GRANDCHIDREN BEST INTREST AT HEART.And i know he will make his self available to anyone at anytime to help with issues concerning our children and his grandchidren he has 2 that goes to dewitt and 3 in flat lick.He loves kids.Plese consider all this and then think who do i want for my school board member.PLESE VOTE MERIDA I REALLY THINK HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB FOR OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM.
i am very thankful for all vets.but that dont have anything to do with the school board.i know alot of vets that did the same thing for this country as he did that are now drug addicts,theifs murders,rape.an alot of other things.i'm not saying that he's a bad person because i dont know him.i'm just saying that just because he's a vet dont mean he's the best man for the job.
Lookinig out

South Fulton, TN

#189 Sep 29, 2012
Well your right but not all the veterans are bad people just because you have a couple of bad apples dont let it spoil the whole bunch.I was only stateing that he was a good realiable person and one whom i trust in to do the job.Because he isnt a bad apple.I personally feel that everyone should take the opporunity to serve this great nation i have a son that i am trying to get to go in the armed forces because there is nothing here for them.If everyone would take pride in this nation we would have a better place to raise our children instead of just relying on a few people to take time out of their lives to serve this great nation.
Veteran

South Fulton, TN

#190 Sep 29, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>i am very thankful for all vets.but that dont have anything to do with the school board.i know alot of vets that did the same thing for this country as he did that are now drug addicts,theifs murders,rape.an alot of other things.i'm not saying that he's a bad person because i dont know him.i'm just saying that just because he's a vet dont mean he's the best man for the job.
Im a veteran my self and im appauled at your comment towards vetrans did u ever think it maybe the type of attidude that your displaying that turns them that way. If u do not appreciate what veterans go through then if u need the vetrans to purchace you a one way ticket to another country to please just say so.I was a smith supporter last time and i have not made up my mind whom i will vote for yet but mr i think you just made up my mind for me....
Hoorah

London, KY

#191 Sep 29, 2012
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>Im a veteran my self and im appauled at your comment towards vetrans did u ever think it maybe the type of attidude that your displaying that turns them that way. If u do not appreciate what veterans go through then if u need the vetrans to purchace you a one way ticket to another country to please just say so.I was a smith supporter last time and i have not made up my mind whom i will vote for yet but mr i think you just made up my mind for me....
Yeah its a shame they dont realize that alot of your veterans that come home after fighting for our freedoms in wars that are nothing of their own doing come home with mental illness and some scared for life because of the things they have seen and have had to do, so you can kiss your children and let them sleep in peace in their beds at night .Even if you choose to not vote for a vet, you should always support them they are fighting the fight for you and your way of life while sacrificing their life and family,God bless all veterans!
thankful

Corbin, KY

#192 Sep 29, 2012
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>Im a veteran my self and im appauled at your comment towards vetrans did u ever think it maybe the type of attidude that your displaying that turns them that way. If u do not appreciate what veterans go through then if u need the vetrans to purchace you a one way ticket to another country to please just say so.I was a smith supporter last time and i have not made up my mind whom i will vote for yet but mr i think you just made up my mind for me....
can you not read or something?or did you read the wrong comment?i plainly said that i WAS VERY THANKFUL for our vets....i said just because a person is a vet does not have anything to do with the school board.an there is vets that are now drug addicts an theifs an alot of other things.thats not putting down the vets its just stateing that just because a person is a vet dont mean he's the right person for the job...an i really dont give a rats azz who you vote for because i would'nt vote for either of them.an to be honest with you i dout very much that you are a vet yourself,it sounds like another one of the merida supporters at work.because anyone with eyes can read the comment i made an see that i did'nt put down any vet,so stop trying to act like i wrote something i did'nt write when it's right there for anyone to read.you flipping people will try anything wont you.lol.
thankful

Corbin, KY

#193 Sep 29, 2012
Veteran wrote:
an another thing,,,,you can take your one way ticket an stick it where the sun dont shine,because i myself have pulled my time in the army an earned my stay right here where i'm at.but that dont make me the best man for the job either now does it....
Veteran

South Fulton, TN

#194 Sep 29, 2012
Lets not sugar coat it because everyone can read between the lines.Your not a veteran because a veteran would never put down another veteran and talk bad about them after what they have seen and been through.As a fellow veteran with out legs mr merida has on occasion picked me up out of my wheelchair and put me in his truck and transported me to vetrans hospital to get the medical care i need,and he would never allow me to give him a dime.Thats what you do if you care about what goes on around you and other people. People care about their neighbors and friends and trys to help each other.They dont sit and put down other people.I thank god for mr merida he has been a great help to me and other people i know.He does care about his community and the children and how things are ran in the schools.If you ever see me in my wheelchair turn your back and dont even look at me. Because im a veteran and i deserve better than what people like you have to offer.Next veterans day dont let nothing cross your mind about what veterans day stands for.Im not part of this topic i live on the other end of the county if i could vote i would.I am not only standing up for mr merida im standing up for all veterans young and old.This will be my one and only post because i see we do not agree on things.
Well Well

United States

#195 Sep 29, 2012
Veteran wrote:
Geezzz...Why would you let someone else make your mind up for you!!?!?! You can't go by what someone else speaks.
Well Well

United States

#196 Sep 29, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>an another thing,,,,you can take your one way ticket an stick it where the sun dont shine,because i myself have pulled my time in the army an earned my stay right here where i'm at.but that dont make me the best man for the job either now does it....
I agree with you! Don't worry with someone that lets other people make their decisions because of words.:)
thankful

Corbin, KY

#197 Sep 29, 2012
Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you! Don't worry with someone that lets other people make their decisions because of words.:)
if you read both of his comments you will see that he's full of shit any ways.in the first comment he said i made his mind up who to vote for,,,an in his second comment he said he lived on the other end of the county an could'nt vote for merida or he would...lol...also if i did'nt have any legs an merida picked me up out of my wheelchair an put me in his truck an took me to the hospital i dont think i would have to think about who i was going to vote for.lol..so full of shit.lol.like i said earlier,just another merida supporter trying to start more shit.lol.FUNNY.LOL.
Hoorah

Campbellsville, KY

#198 Sep 30, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>if you read both of his comments you will see that he's full of shit any ways.in the first comment he said i made his mind up who to vote for,,,an in his second comment he said he lived on the other end of the county an could'nt vote for merida or he would...lol...also if i did'nt have any legs an merida picked me up out of my wheelchair an put me in his truck an took me to the hospital i dont think i would have to think about who i was going to vote for.lol..so full of shit.lol.like i said earlier,just another merida supporter trying to start more shit.lol.FUNNY.LOL.
You sir or madam should really watch your language,sounds like to me you must be a smith supporter because they all want to say anyone on here is a merida supporter and honestly if i lived in district three i would be a merida supporter.You say what does military experiance have to do with decision making at a school board meeting.Well if you have truly done anything in the military you would know that every decision you make in a combat situation is a matter of life and death and not just for you but all the men around you, and you must have good communication skills and be able to comprimise with people to gain their trust and respect. I know its a total different setting but the same basic needs.Decision making,Good communication skills,Comprimise,Gaining others trust and respect,And leadership.I for one being a veteran myself know that if merida stayed in the army for twenty years and acheived the rank he did which was almost as high as a soldier could go without being an officer he definately has these skills if you dont have them you dont last that long and you sure dont get a spot in seargent major school.Because unlike the school board you earn what you get in the military, positions arent just handed too you if u are not qualified you dont get the position.
Hoorah

Campbellsville, KY

#199 Sep 30, 2012
Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezzz...Why would you let someone else make your mind up for you!!?!?! You can't go by what someone else speaks.
And i do agree with you people should make up their own minds on whom they believe will do the job they are voting for them to do. this is a disscusion forum everyone has the right to voice their opinion if isn't the same as yours well thats what it is here for to have a disscusion,And hear others opinion on the subject.
oh canada

Campbellsville, KY

#200 Sep 30, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>an another thing,,,,you can take your one way ticket an stick it where the sun dont shine,because i myself have pulled my time in the army an earned my stay right here where i'm at.but that dont make me the best man for the job either now does it....
Hey if they call you back I hear canadas nice this time of year u should go there
thankful

Corbin, KY

#201 Sep 30, 2012
oh canada wrote:
<quoted text>Hey if they call you back I hear canadas nice this time of year u should go there
UNLIKE you i have done my time in the army.so why dont you go?
thankful

Corbin, KY

#202 Sep 30, 2012
Hoorah wrote:
<quoted text>You sir or madam should really watch your language,sounds like to me you must be a smith supporter because they all want to say anyone on here is a merida supporter and honestly if i lived in district three i would be a merida supporter.You say what does military experiance have to do with decision making at a school board meeting.Well if you have truly done anything in the military you would know that every decision you make in a combat situation is a matter of life and death and not just for you but all the men around you, and you must have good communication skills and be able to comprimise with people to gain their trust and respect. I know its a total different setting but the same basic needs.Decision making,Good communication skills,Comprimise,Gaining others trust and respect,And leadership.I for one being a veteran myself know that if merida stayed in the army for twenty years and acheived the rank he did which was almost as high as a soldier could go without being an officer he definately has these skills if you dont have them you dont last that long and you sure dont get a spot in seargent major school.Because unlike the school board you earn what you get in the military, positions arent just handed too you if u are not qualified you dont get the position.
you sir need to read my comments again.i have said nothing about merida except that i was thankful for the vets.an yes i did say thay alot of vets are drug addicts an alot of other things which is true.an my point was that just because your a vet does not mean your the person for the job.just as i am a vet,but im not the person for the job.an i am not voteing for either of them because i dont know either of them.an i dont know why the person that used the name veteran got so pissed at me when he is the one that got caught in a dozen lies an is not even a veteran.there is about 10 pages of people speaking their minds on this topix so i reckon i can speak mine also.so if people dont want to read them they have the option to skip over them...thank you sir an have a good day.
oh canada

Campbellsville, KY

#203 Sep 30, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>UNLIKE you i have done my time in the army.so why dont you go?
Ok friend if you pulled your time what was your MOS im just curious,and unlike you I have pulled my fair share of time in the military thank you very much since you know so much about everyone on here.
thankful

Corbin, KY

#204 Sep 30, 2012
oh canada wrote:
<quoted text>Ok friend if you pulled your time what was your MOS im just curious,and unlike you I have pulled my fair share of time in the military thank you very much since you know so much about everyone on here.
theres nothing about you that i want to know,your the one that stuck your big nose in my business an my comment.i made a comment to one person on here an you an the rest jumped in where you did'nt have any business jumping,an then you get pissed.so keep your nose out of my business an i will keep mine out of yours.i dont like talking to smartass idiots.
oh canada

Kittanning, PA

#205 Sep 30, 2012
thankful wrote:
<quoted text>theres nothing about you that i want to know,your the one that stuck your big nose in my business an my comment.i made a comment to one person on here an you an the rest jumped in where you did'nt have any business jumping,an then you get pissed.so keep your nose out of my business an i will keep mine out of yours.i dont like talking to smartass idiots.
Enough said
Parent

Brodhead, KY

#207 Oct 6, 2012
Name one thing at each school that mr smith has done. I know u can't name anything cause has not done one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rats and snitches 44 min Tired of the lies 50
New club 2 hr angie 5
Christian singles 5 hr Prettysad 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 165,662
Snapchat! 6 hr Call Charmaine 14
Police and Ambulance 7 hr lolz 104
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr Zeno 793

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages