court/knox school
jokers

Somerset, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I have been summones to court over my kid missing to much school.My paper says im being charged with educational negelect.Anyone else been to court over this and what happens?
Barbourville chick

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2013
jokers wrote:
I have been summones to court over my kid missing to much school.My paper says im being charged with educational negelect.Anyone else been to court over this and what happens?
How many days have they missed unexcused?
being funny

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Sounds to me like the super and board members should be charged with educational neglect
Hippie

Tacoma, WA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
jokers wrote:
By the way your post looks you missed too much school too. Don't you want your kid to be smarter than you?
funnypaper

London, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2013
yes you can be charged for not sending your kid or kids to school.Im not sure what they do when you go to court but missing school they dont take lightly cause thats money the board doesnt get when your child is missing school.Might need to get you a lawyer if they have missed alot,
haha

London, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Just tell them about the other kids who miss a lot but some tacher let them crawl in through the window so they didn't get counted absent. Only some kids seem to get in trouble.
concerned

Corbin, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2013
They prob will appoint them a court designated worker. Basically to cover your butt if they won't go to school you call the worker. Basically you could get thirty days in jail
wow

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2013
so if you have to go to court they can give you jail time?
Well

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2013
wow wrote:
so if you have to go to court they can give you jail time?
Yes they can!
Concerned

Madisonville, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Knox County school system is a joke!! There is a few teachers that is worthy of teaching. At the High School all they do is sit on there phones and computers. It is sad no wonder they are at the bottom of the list with scores.
Enough

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Send your children to school so they can be taught something... When parents are held accountable for making students attend, turn in homework, studying for tests, and keeping grade averages up....might be better results for our county. Teachers should get on here and complain about how sorry the parents of these kids are! Deduct some money out of their gov check for student performance and see how they like it then. Bet our the scores would go up then! My child has had wonderful teachers in Knox County and is doing very well in school! Take time to care about your child's education instead of making excuses. Encourage them to do well in school and tell them bad grades are not exceptable! Meet with the teacher and find out what u can do to help them!
some parents

Corbin, KY

#12 Feb 9, 2013
Enough wrote:
Send your children to school so they can be taught something... When parents are held accountable for making students attend, turn in homework, studying for tests, and keeping grade averages up....might be better results for our county. Teachers should get on here and complain about how sorry the parents of these kids are! Deduct some money out of their gov check for student performance and see how they like it then. Bet our the scores would go up then! My child has had wonderful teachers in Knox County and is doing very well in school! Take time to care about your child's education instead of making excuses. Encourage them to do well in school and tell them bad grades are not exceptable! Meet with the teacher and find out what u can do to help them!
Some parents are just to sorry to get out of bed an get their kids ready for school.An some parents just let their kids tell them what to do.They let them sit up playing games all night an cant get up for school.An some parents sit up all night playing games an cant get up for their kids.An then they blame the teachers an the school system.I think they should get jail time.
oh yea

Somerset, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2013
i think some of the teachers should get in trouble my kid has not missed one day and they dont want to try to help with him iv called every day iv been to the school alot im very concerned about my kids getting a good education im doing every thing i can to help they act like they dont care and its just the county school wen they was in city school the teachers spent more time teaching then they did doing there planeing period my boys had good grades in the city schools and since they have went to the county school they have done horribale in there grades and befor some of you smart azz people start i help them alot when there here at home i thought it was the teachers job to teach them not us thats what they get paid for the home work they send home with him i may as well home school him the county school teachers just worry about a pay check you know this place has went down hill ever since the cry babies got GOD and paddling took out of school when i went to school we started with prayer the pledge of alligance and if we got out of line we got paddled so i think some of these so called teachers shoud lose their jobs if their class dosent meet regulations at the end of the year test each class and if the scores are low fire their rear ends and get a teacher in there that can get the job done
Good grief

United States

#15 Feb 13, 2013
oh yea wrote:
i think some of the teachers should get in trouble my kid has not missed one day and they dont want to try to help with him iv called every day iv been to the school alot im very concerned about my kids getting a good education im doing every thing i can to help they act like they dont care and its just the county school wen they was in city school the teachers spent more time teaching then they did doing there planeing period my boys had good grades in the city schools and since they have went to the county school they have done horribale in there grades and befor some of you smart azz people start i help them alot when there here at home i thought it was the teachers job to teach them not us thats what they get paid for the home work they send home with him i may as well home school him the county school teachers just worry about a pay check you know this place has went down hill ever since the cry babies got GOD and paddling took out of school when i went to school we started with prayer the pledge of alligance and if we got out of line we got paddled so i think some of these so called teachers shoud lose their jobs if their class dosent meet regulations at the end of the year test each class and if the scores are low fire their rear ends and get a teacher in there that can get the job done
Holy run on sentence, Batman! Seriously, is it too much to ask for you to use a punctuation mark or two?
Stopstupid

Tacoma, WA

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy run on sentence, Batman! Seriously, is it too much to ask for you to use a punctuation mark or two?
It's just another one of the parents that don't take responsibility for their lack of parenting skills. Blame it on the system and the Teachers. If they let their kids stay home then they should be teaching them something. The parent that started this topic should go to jail if the kids missed so much school that the court is involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Don Barros Serrano 148,424
KCHS head principal fired? 10 min knox 8
preachers 10 min suzzy 1
can someone tell me y it is so hard to get divo... 1 hr ex-x 8
Prayers Needed 5 hr joe 7
bonita 7 hr bad board member 3
Pam Dexter 16 hr Blacks 1
Motorcycle Accident 20 hr Wondering 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages