Why was the Sabbath changed from Sat....

Why was the Sabbath changed from Sat. to Sun.?

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Pageup

Ellijay, GA

#1 Dec 27, 2010
God said the 7th day was the Sabbath, that would be Fri. evening to Sat. evening according to biblical times. Just wandering who had the power to change God's law and why churches do not honor the Sabbath as God said?

“Echoes of Insanity ”

Since: Dec 09

THE OFFICE.

#2 Dec 27, 2010
Pageup wrote:
God said the 7th day was the Sabbath, that would be Fri. evening to Sat. evening according to biblical times. Just wandering who had the power to change God's law and why churches do not honor the Sabbath as God said?
When Christ was crucified, he became our Sabbath. So, in other word's to a Christian, everyday is the Sabbath. Not some day of the week.
Pageup

Ellijay, GA

#3 Dec 28, 2010
The Specialist wrote:
<quoted text>When Christ was crucified, he became our Sabbath. So, in other word's to a Christian, everyday is the Sabbath. Not some day of the week.
Trying to understand the bible and finding it very complicated , through much research, it appears the Roman Catholic Church changed Sat. worship to Sun..
I cant's find anything in the bible that says Christ is the reason for Sun. worship.
I wanted to get others opinion as I am new to bible study even though I was raised by strong baptist grandparents, but did not practice nor study same most of my life, as I said I am a new Christian and want to understand the what the truth really is, if possible.
Here is a link I found a few weeks ago and still researching.
http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php...
What do you think?
Thank you for your input.
Bob

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 28, 2010
Emporer Constantine changed the Sabbath. It had nothing to do with Christs' resurrection. The power was "given" to him by the sitting pope. For every genuine article God has, there is a counterfeit.God NEVER changed the Sabbath. In fact, Jeus even said He came to fulfill the law. Jesus himself kept the original Sabbath. The Sunday Sabbath is man-made.
Bob

Lexington, KY

#5 Dec 28, 2010
Left an "s" out of His name, sorry.
Clueless

Somerset, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2010
Pageup wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to understand the bible and finding it very complicated , through much research, it appears the Roman Catholic Church changed Sat. worship to Sun..
I cant's find anything in the bible that says Christ is the reason for Sun. worship.
I wanted to get others opinion as I am new to bible study even though I was raised by strong baptist grandparents, but did not practice nor study same most of my life, as I said I am a new Christian and want to understand the what the truth really is, if possible.
Here is a link I found a few weeks ago and still researching.
http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php...
What do you think?
Thank you for your input.
Lord knows you're fixing to be more confused than could have thought humanly possible now....you watch.

He'll pull shit so far and deep out of his ass, even Albert Einstein himself couldn't decipher it.
Pageup

Ellijay, GA

#7 Dec 28, 2010
Bob wrote:
Emporer Constantine changed the Sabbath. It had nothing to do with Christs' resurrection. The power was "given" to him by the sitting pope. For every genuine article God has, there is a counterfeit.God NEVER changed the Sabbath. In fact, Jeus even said He came to fulfill the law. Jesus himself kept the original Sabbath. The Sunday Sabbath is man-made.
Thanks Bob for your input, very strange our preachers never talk about God's commandment for the Sabbath being changed by man.
Two texts of the Ten Commandments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
Found this on wikipedia.
Jesus

Washington, DC

#8 Apr 13, 2012
The Specialist wrote:
<quoted text>When Christ was crucified, he became our Sabbath. So, in other word's to a Christian, everyday is the Sabbath. Not some day of the week.
u sound like a brainwashed complete ass..

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#9 Apr 13, 2012
Because it was to hard for the Catholics to get up that early on Sat after the Friday Night wine.... Gave them an extra day to sober up ....

“Echoes of Insanity ”

Since: Dec 09

THE OFFICE.

#10 Apr 13, 2012
Jesus wrote:
<quoted text> u sound like a brainwashed complete ass..
I was brainwashed with Religious beliefs as a child. How about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stinking creek 3 min Holla 5
Looking for Kenny Saunders (Aug '16) 5 min Gulf Side 22
Gays and trans sinners 21 min bible 27
Trans Gender's in the Military? 31 min TOASTup 2
News Kentucky man hospitalized after officer-involve... 1 hr Lisa Gambrel 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Trump To Resign 818
Satan is the true God. 2 hr The Specialist 8

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages