First Prev
of 5
Next Last
amazed

United States

#81 May 1, 2013
AliAnne wrote:
Fires in the operating room happen from time to time.
http://www.steinergraphics.com/surgical/005_1...
Anesthesia gases contain carbon and are thus flammable in the
right situation, especially ether.
Google 'operating room explosions'. Lots to read.
Best wshes to the lady that was burned.
Thank you so much for posting this. There are so many crazy rumors posted on here..hope some of these fools read this and realize it does happen.
amazed

United States

#82 May 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the surrounding stuff, like the Cig, Your Cloths, plants, dust, paper, your face... Oxidize in the presence of O2 and go either Boom or up in flames.... A Bic lighter in a high O2 area becomes a blow torch... A cig in a high O2 atmosphere can actually Explode like gun powder... It's not the O2 that's the hazard, it's whats in the area of O2 that can go boom.... Including the Human Body... You can power a Rocket with a hunk of Salami if you add pure O2....
So you're inferring that the woman was smoking during surgery. Lol And here I was thinking you were intelligent..for a minute anyway. Lol
amazed

United States

#83 May 1, 2013
surgery wrote:
she went in for surgery and right before she was knocked out she wanted to smoke.I guess someone attempted to light her cig while on operating table.Apparently she had flameable makeup on.Hell of an explosion it was.Shook houses 3 blocks away.Women be careful with the makeup you use.lol
Your name must be tweedle dumb. If its not, it should be.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#84 May 1, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> So you're inferring that the woman was smoking during surgery. Lol And here I was thinking you were intelligent..for a minute anyway. Lol
No I wasn't and how you get that from my post says more about you than I....

The woman was under going surgery using a laser scalpel while on a pure O2 nose clip... I would venture that the O2 feed was a bit fast and was supplying more than she could inhale... Human Flesh + O2 + Laser = flames...
amazed

United States

#85 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't and how you get that from my post says more about you than I....
The woman was under going surgery using a laser scalpel while on a pure O2 nose clip... I would venture that the O2 feed was a bit fast and was supplying more than she could inhale... Human Flesh + O2 + Laser = flames...
And I quote from your earlier post first sentence, "the surrounding stuff, like the cig... Ha!

#86 May 2, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> And I quote from your earlier post first sentence, "the surrounding stuff, like the cig... Ha!
It must be must have been difficult for you in reading fundamentals class...... The Reply was to a Question.... Had nothing what so ever to do with the face fire thingy.....

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ok I understand that but why can't you smoke or light a flame when oxygen is in use?"

I answered...

"Because the surrounding stuff, like the Cig, Your Cloths, plants, dust, paper, your face... Oxidize in the presence of O2 and go either Boom or up in flames.... A Bic lighter in a high O2 area becomes a blow torch... A cig in a high O2 atmosphere can actually Explode like gun powder... It's not the O2 that's the hazard, it's whats in the area of O2 that can go boom.... Including the Human Body... You can power a Rocket with a hunk of Salami if you add pure O2.... "

See how that works, Someone asks a question, someone answers the question... Then there is you not understanding the words written and making up stuff about what you think was said.... Geezzz... Bless it's little heart...
amazed

United States

#87 May 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be must have been difficult for you in reading fundamentals class...... The Reply was to a Question.... Had nothing what so ever to do with the face fire thingy.....
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ok I understand that but why can't you smoke or light a flame when oxygen is in use?"
I answered...
"Because the surrounding stuff, like the Cig, Your Cloths, plants, dust, paper, your face... Oxidize in the presence of O2 and go either Boom or up in flames.... A Bic lighter in a high O2 area becomes a blow torch... A cig in a high O2 atmosphere can actually Explode like gun powder... It's not the O2 that's the hazard, it's whats in the area of O2 that can go boom.... Including the Human Body... You can power a Rocket with a hunk of Salami if you add pure O2.... "
See how that works, Someone asks a question, someone answers the question... Then there is you not understanding the words written and making up stuff about what you think was said.... Geezzz... Bless it's little heart...
Actually I was always at the top of my class. And unlike you, I never felt the need to be a condescending
rude person looking down my nose at others. It says a lot about you.

#88 May 3, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I was always at the top of my class. And unlike you, I never felt the need to be a condescending
rude person looking down my nose at others. It says a lot about you.
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>"So you're inferring that the woman was smoking during surgery. Lol And here I was thinking you were intelligent..for a minute anyway. Lol "
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> "Your name must be tweedle dumb. If its not, it should be. "
Then don't reply with snotty ass attack mode comments and I would have no reason to be condescending or look down on you... I always treat people nice and friendly until some nitwit makes an uncalled for derogatory post... If your posts are any guide you are head of the short bus class and lie alot on top of it with the "I never felt the need to be a condescending rude person" comment...
crazy

Barbourville, KY

#89 May 3, 2013
Ok, so this woman's face caught on fire because of a spark from the cauterize gun...exactly how is that Dr. Kumar's fault. He was using the instrument but had no way of knowing it would malfunction and do this. The hospital is to blame for faulty equipment. I have had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Kumar and he did great. No problems what so ever. I do think he should be working somewhere else besides Barbourville hospital. He is a great surgeon. But that is my opinion and I am sure others have a different one just because of where he works.
amazed

United States

#90 May 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then don't reply with snotty ass attack mode comments and I would have no reason to be condescending or look down on you... I always treat people nice and friendly until some nitwit makes an uncalled for derogatory post... If your posts are any guide you are head of the short bus class and lie alot on top of it with the "I never felt the need to be a condescending rude person" comment...
Well aren't you the pot calling the kettle black..exactly what rude remark did Travis the computer repairman make to you that you felt the need to break in to grammer police mode on him. AND you told him people would think his work was sloppy because his grammer was. And you called him out BY NAME. And you say you're nice until someone is snippy with you? Well what did Travis say to you that was snippy?

#91 May 3, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> Well aren't you the pot calling the kettle black..exactly what rude remark did Travis the computer repairman make to you that you felt the need to break in to grammer police mode on him. AND you told him people would think his work was sloppy because his grammer was. And you called him out BY NAME. And you say you're nice until someone is snippy with you? Well what did Travis say to you that was snippy?
I have No Freaking idea what you are talking about and Travis uses his name in his posts so if i address his post I would say Travis... Travis is a good guy and if I said anything it would have been that he should spell check his posts because he posts on here to do Biz and if you do Biz you should get your spelling and grammar correct because it will people will relate your writing skills to your biz... But that has nothing to do with you posting rude and idiotic attack mode in this thread from the start, then can't take what you attempted to dish out... If Travis has a problem he can drop me a note anytime but I'm absolutely Sure he don't need you speaking for him...
amazed

United States

#92 May 3, 2013
Quantumnist, I spelled grammar wrong so you could take me to task for my spelling atrocities. People with vastly superior intellects, like you, love to play grammar police. Lol And I know you've been waiting with bated bresthe to stir the pot with me, so I know you'll see this soon
yes it is

United States

#93 May 3, 2013
Oxygen will catch fire! Everybody knows that. Has anybody heard how that woman is doing? Is she going to be ok?
amazed

United States

#94 May 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have No Freaking idea what you are talking about and Travis uses his name in his posts so if i address his post I would say Travis... Travis is a good guy and if I said anything it would have been that he should spell check his posts because he posts on here to do Biz and if you do Biz you should get your spelling and grammar correct because it will people will relate your writing skills to your biz... But that has nothing to do with you posting rude and idiotic attack mode in this thread from the start, then can't take what you attempted to dish out... If Travis has a problem
he can drop me a note anytime but I'm absolutely Sure he don't need you speaking for him...
I JOKINGLY said " and I thought you sounded intelligent..for a minute" because what you said didn't make sense to me. And now you're talking about me "being at the head of the short bus". I think your comment was meant to be harsh. And bringing "dim caps" into it is even harsher. But as long as you get to feel superior, I guess that's all that matters. If you really liked Travis, you would have shared your thoughts with him PRIVATELY. That's what a respectful person would have done. Its obvious that you aren't. Have a good night.

#95 May 3, 2013
amazed wrote:
<quoted text> I JOKINGLY said " and I thought you sounded intelligent..for a minute" because what you said didn't make sense to me. And now you're talking about me "being at the head of the short bus". I think your comment was meant to be harsh. And bringing "dim caps" into it is even harsher. But as long as you get to feel superior, I guess that's all that matters. If you really liked Travis, you would have shared your thoughts with him PRIVATELY. That's what a respectful person would have done. Its obvious that you aren't. Have a good night.
Respect is Earned... Never Given... respect given without being earned is worthless...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 20 min jason 11
who will you vote for as jailer 38 min Baker fan 62
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 2 hr Quantummist 1
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 4 hr Twilight Ebola 10
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 6 hr Well well 9
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 6 hr remember the teller 41
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 7 hr fixthis 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? 10 hr gator 6
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 13 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating