London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

since oxygen is flameable by itself.What keep it from exploding everyday in the air we breath?The other accelerant was the makeup or the cigarette obviously.Smoking is bad for you
cannot sit by

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

What is the chemical equation for Oxygen burning? O2 + O2 = O4 ?
Maybe O2 + O2 + O2 = 2O3 The ozone people would like that, go set some Oxygen on fire and save the earth!
google it people

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

educate yourselves, 02 is an oxidizer not flameable, those dont look like 3rd degree burns to me. and if this happened late last week then how does her family have pics of her clearly out of the hosp over the weekend if she spent serveral days in the burn unit? not trying to be unsympathetic just doesnt make sense, i mean how much is several to dickerson? did they send her as a precaution for her airway or did she really have 3rd degree burns. if so 3rd degree would mean there would be no pain right? into the nerves? and when did they start doing brain surg in knox county? maybe u meant artery not lobe? i think a lot of people get the general misconception that when you are transfered to a higher level of care that you are critical, this is not always the case. probably move of a precaution or cover the ass move. never the less hope she will be ok and heal quickly and not suffer any permanant damage. and hope this doesnt close a critical access hosp that probably actucal saves many lives, but you'll never read that on topix
chan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

So many rumors! I've known this Woman all my life. She went in for a miner eye surgery. Something the doctor used sparked a fire from the oxegen tank. She don't wear make up! lol
chan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Clara doesn't smoke either.
Phyllis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow! All I can say is watch the news and read the newspapers covering the story. Don't take my word for it. I'll not argue the point. I explained what happened. That's all I can do. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes from the reasonable people on here. The rest, frankly I don't have time for you.
get over yourself

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

google it people wrote:
educate yourselves, 02 is an oxidizer not flameable, those dont look like 3rd degree burns to me. and if this happened late last week then how does her family have pics of her clearly out of the hosp over the weekend if she spent serveral days in the burn unit? not trying to be unsympathetic just doesnt make sense, i mean how much is several to dickerson? did they send her as a precaution for her airway or did she really have 3rd degree burns. if so 3rd degree would mean there would be no pain right? into the nerves? and when did they start doing brain surg in knox county? maybe u meant artery not lobe? i think a lot of people get the general misconception that when you are transfered to a higher level of care that you are critical, this is not always the case. probably move of a precaution or cover the ass move. never the less hope she will be ok and heal quickly and not suffer any permanant damage. and hope this doesnt close a critical access hosp that probably actucal saves many lives, but you'll never read that on topix
I believe you're the one that needs educating. Oxygen is indeed flammable. Highly flammable. They don't look like 3rd degree burns to you? So you're an expert on burns and
the level of pain that comes with them? I think not.
curious

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text> I believe you're the one that needs educating. Oxygen is indeed flammable. Highly flammable. They don't look like 3rd degree burns to you? So you're an expert on burns and
the level of pain that comes with them? I think not.
really you are a f@@@ing idiot.OXYGEN IS NOT FLAMMABLE.Show us where it says oxygen is!Post it on here i would love to see it.
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>really you are a f@@@ing idiot.OXYGEN IS NOT FLAMMABLE.Show us where it says oxygen is!Post it on here i would love to see it.
Oxygen IS FLAMMABLE..

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxygen IS FLAMMABLE..
Oxygen is Not Flammable... Oxygen is a Oxidizer and allows what it is in the presence of to Burn... Just as Methane, Hydrogen, and Gasoline are not Flammable by themselves... You must have an oxidizer and a Fuel for Flames.... You can take a container filled with Any of those in Pure Form and fire a electrical spark in them and they will not burn... On Titan (A moon of Saturn) there are lakes of Liquid Methane and lighting, but no Oxygen ...
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Oxygen is Not Flammable... Oxygen is a Oxidizer and allows what it is in the presence of to Burn... Just as Methane, Hydrogen, and Gasoline are not Flammable by themselves... You must have an oxidizer and a Fuel for Flames.... You can take a container filled with Any of those in Pure Form and fire a electrical spark in them and they will not burn... On Titan (A moon of Saturn) there are lakes of Liquid Methane and lighting, but no Oxygen ...
Ok I understand that but why can't you smoke or light a flame when oxygen is in use?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I understand that but why can't you smoke or light a flame when oxygen is in use?
Because the surrounding stuff, like the Cig, Your Cloths, plants, dust, paper, your face... Oxidize in the presence of O2 and go either Boom or up in flames.... A Bic lighter in a high O2 area becomes a blow torch... A cig in a high O2 atmosphere can actually Explode like gun powder... It's not the O2 that's the hazard, it's whats in the area of O2 that can go boom.... Including the Human Body... You can power a Rocket with a hunk of Salami if you add pure O2....
AliAnne

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Fires in the operating room happen from time to time.

http://www.steinergraphics.com/surgical/005_1...

Anesthesia gases contain carbon and are thus flammable in the
right situation, especially ether.

Google 'operating room explosions'. Lots to read.

Best wishes to the lady that was burned.

No Smoking

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

surgery wrote:
she went in for surgery and right before she was knocked out she wanted to smoke.I guess someone attempted to light her cig while on operating table.Apparently she had flameable makeup on.Hell of an explosion it was.Shook houses 3 blocks away.Women be careful with the makeup you use.lol
Haha, so it's the hospital's fault for not having a No Smoking sign in the operating room.

OMG!!
surgery

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

yes its about 50/50.Part her fault for letting her smoking addiction get her face on fire and part hospital fault for letting her smoke.Smoking is bad for you kids.Just look what it will do for you!!!
Well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

surgery wrote:
yes its about 50/50.Part her fault for letting her smoking addiction get her face on fire and part hospital fault for letting her smoke.Smoking is bad for you kids.Just look what it will do for you!!!

It's my understanding from the news site it was a tool they use in surgery that sparked and caused the fire...NOT SMOKING!
surgery

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

the hospital has it filmed.You can clearly see she smoking what looked to be a bugler cig.She took it out and rolled it.A couple of the nurses and dr took a hit also.I guess there going to have to start enforcing the no smoking policy
Curious

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

This is stupid I don't believe Dr.Kumar would lite a cig.When the hospital is a nonsmoking facitly.Even ppl that work there they smoke way across the road.
amazed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

surgery wrote:
the hospital has it filmed.You can clearly see she smoking what looked to be a bugler cig.She took it out and rolled it.A couple of the nurses and dr took a hit also.I guess there going to have to start enforcing the no smoking policy
Clearly, you are a dumbass. I'll bet someone had to help you type this. Your stupidity truly amazes me
amazed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

surgery wrote:
The only thing that you say that makes sense is that smoking is bad for you. Everything else is idiotic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 146,307
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min get real 128,685
SEC Network 25 min Hopeful 5
New "Dollar Daze" Store in Barbourville 1 hr ok yeah 36
Step Chid after divorce 2 hr stephanie 4
Stivers Center fixes 2 hr houses 52
i miss my amy 3 hr sarah 2
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters