hey

Barbourville, KY

#41 Apr 23, 2013
haha wrote:
she came in inhaling gold paint.Her skin was sensitive to it and it melted it off.Thats what happened
Why be so cruel?How would you feel if this happened to you and it were you being made fun of?Grow up and show some compassion for someone!
flintstoned

Hazard, KY

#42 Apr 23, 2013
what a bunch of idiots.give me a break freedom of speech and my opinion is thiers a bunch of idiots on here.

“Power to Devour”

Since: Mar 13

DARK CAVERNS

#43 Apr 23, 2013
flintstoned wrote:
what a bunch of idiots.give me a break freedom of speech and my opinion is thiers a bunch of idiots on here.
By "idiot's"...do you mean those who would spell there's, thiers?
Lord help her

Madisonville, KY

#44 Apr 23, 2013
For your information wrote:
YES THIS IS TRUE!!! It WAS DR. KUMAR!!!! Clara's FACE WAS BURNT VERY BAD!!!! It happen while they where doing a diopsy. They had her on OZEGEN & The equipment caused a SPARK causing the OZ TO CATCH FIRE!! SO TO ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT THINK THIS IS FUNNY U NEED TO GO TO FACEBOOK AND LOOK AT THIS LADIES FACE!!!! This was totally uncalled for and I myself hopes this woman seues the crap

out of KUMAR & The HOSPITAL!!
If this happened this lady needs to tell that social service people
well spoken

Barbourville, KY

#45 Apr 23, 2013
Lord help her wrote:
<quoted text>If this happened this lady needs to tell that social service people
It was just on wlex tv channel 18. It's true they showed her face. Awful! The 11:09 news
yes

Barbourville, KY

#46 Apr 23, 2013
Here's the link for you people that say it didn't happen! TOLD YA SO!!http://www.lex18.com/mobil e2/news/knox-county-family-say s-hospital-patient-s-face-set- on-fire-during-surgery/

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#47 Apr 23, 2013
Hmmmmmm

United States

#48 Apr 23, 2013
I just read that link from lex18. They were cauterizing the area of the biopsy and a spark may have ignited oxygen that was in use. The article said that she is home, recovering, but is in danger of infection. She is 55 y/o and the article gives her name.
haha

London, KY

#49 Apr 24, 2013
I told yall it was gold paint!
cannot sit by

Williamsburg, KY

#50 Apr 24, 2013
Hmmmmmm wrote:
I just read that link from lex18. They were cauterizing the area of the biopsy and a spark may have ignited oxygen that was in use. The article said that she is home, recovering, but is in danger of infection. She is 55 y/o and the article gives her name.
Oxygen doesn't burn! Another substance combining with Oxygen is burning! What was the other substance? An alcohol based skin prep?
cannot sit by

Williamsburg, KY

#51 Apr 24, 2013
The news story says she had a temporal lobe biopsy! That's brain surgery! The writer of the news piece isn't very well educated. How much other misinformation is the media promoting? Topix is about as accurate.
hey

Barbourville, KY

#52 Apr 24, 2013
Topix is never accurate!She was having eye surgery and has went through a horrible experierence!How these idiots on here can try to make jokes is rediculous.Some of the most heartless people ever on here.
curious

London, KY

#53 Apr 24, 2013
Was she smoking a cigarette or a cigar when her makeup exploded.Because if it was a cig then my friends are going to quit smoking around me.I cant take a chance of getting burned by makeup
Phyllis

United States

#54 Apr 24, 2013
I am her niece that did the interview. The facts are as follows. Clara was having a biopsy on her temple. To stop the bleeding, the area was being cauterized. Oxygen is very flamable. Her face had a drape over it trapping the oxygen under the drape. A spark from the cauterizing tool caused the oxygen to catch fire. Since her face was draped, her face caught fire. She was transported to UK Hospital where she spent several days in the Burn Unit ICU. There was a possibility that her airway was damaged by inhaling fire so the Trauma Team admitted her. The Plastic Surgery department were also watching her closely and treating her. She is home now and has to go back in a few days so they can make sure she is healing properly. She has been in severe pain, as you can imagine. There is still danger of infection so she's not out of the woods yet. Our family appreciates your prayers and concern. Some of these statements on here are ridiculous. My aunt doesn't wear makeup and she was most certainly wasn't smoking in surgery. Again, we appreciate the prayers and concerns of her supporters.
Phyllis Jackson Dickerson
cannot sit by

Williamsburg, KY

#55 Apr 24, 2013
Oxygen is not flammable.
From ehow "If you use a portable oxygen breathing machine, you have probably been told not to bring the oxygen within at least 5 feet of an open flame. Why is this dangerous? The answer is not because oxygen is flammable, but because oxygen is an accelerant. This means that in order for a substance to burn, it needs oxygen (or some other strong oxidizing agent), but the oxygen itself is not what goes up in flames. Rather, oxygen combines with fuel at the right temperature and initiates a chain reaction that we call fire."
Something else was burning. It would be nice to know to prevent further incidents.
seen it

London, KY

#56 Apr 24, 2013
she had oxygen on and went outside to smoke, it was her fault, she couldn't wait for a cigarette.
excuse me

Pineville, KY

#57 Apr 24, 2013
Since oxygen isn't flammable tell me what causes it to.explode it is very flammable and prayer for fast healing of the lady !
yes

Nancy, KY

#58 Apr 24, 2013
cannot sit by wrote:
Oxygen is not flammable.
From ehow "If you use a portable oxygen breathing machine, you have probably been told not to bring the oxygen within at least 5 feet of an open flame. Why is this dangerous? The answer is not because oxygen is flammable, but because oxygen is an accelerant. This means that in order for a substance to burn, it needs oxygen (or some other strong oxidizing agent), but the oxygen itself is not what goes up in flames. Rather, oxygen combines with fuel at the right temperature and initiates a chain reaction that we call fire."
Something else was burning. It would be nice to know to prevent further incidents.
Well when you cauterize something what do you think that is? It's a burning thing and yes o2 is flammable!! If its not then why do big trucks hauling it have to be plaqued FLAMMABLE? It ignites and burns. Ever seen a person that smoked while using o2? I have and it wasn't pretty!
got caught

London, KY

#59 Apr 24, 2013
I heard she went outside to smoke after the surgery and guess what her family doesn't know she smoke, they do now. No smoking after surgerg. Dr Kumar is a great doctor and wouldn't not let no one smoke in the hospital. Its a Non smoking Hospital. So how did this happen. She went outside after surgery and got blow up. You can tell she is still swollen on channel 18 news shows it. Kids she is a smoker.
yes

Barbourville, KY

#60 Apr 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 7 min lol 13
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 8 min TOASTup 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 17 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,566
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 19 min Woe 42
Amy Grubb (Mar '12) 21 min Wandering 25
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 22 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,846
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 25 min Hatti_Hollerand 304
Family Court Judge 7 hr old school 45
our little oligarchy town of barbourville 21 hr Good read 9
Barbourville Dating