'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 265565 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Feb 14

#174436 Aug 14, 2014
BTW...RETARD, "Hillbillies" are from West Virginia. Briar Hoppers are from Kentucky, how about that $#IT!
Are you geographically challenged as well as RETARDED?
for Reality realzy

United States

#174437 Aug 14, 2014
Jay wrote:
Why is it that Americans flying from state to state are stripped down, Xrayed and patted down, but scum like this flies in and out and nobody notices?
Within hours of U.S. military jets and drones conducting a strike on ISIS artillery that had been used against Kurdish forces defending Irbil, ISIS supporters called for retaliatory attacks against the United States.
"It is a clear message that the war is against Islam and the mujahideen. The mujahideen must strive and seek to execute proactive operations in their own home, America, to discipline America and its criminal soldiers," Abu al-Ayna al-Khorasani, an administrator of Shumukh al-Islam, the top-tier forum for ISIS propaganda, wrote on his account Friday, according to a translation by the SITE Intelligence group.
Other ISIS supporters railed against the United States using the Twitter handle #AmessagefromISIStoUS, posting images of the wreckage of the twin towers. "Don't forget 11 Sept .. Maybe US citizens want more like that," one extremist tweeted. In June after ISIS captured Mosul, its supporters had warned against strikes in a Twitter campaign #CalamityWillBefallUS.
One major concern is homegrown U.S. fighters currently overseas in Syria of Iraq coming back home on U.S. passports to carry out attacks. Just two weeks ago we saw American Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha of Florida carry out a suicide attack in Syria after first returning home to the U.S. for a visit. Before executing his suicide mission overseas, he directly threatened the U.S. and said, "We are coming for you."
I'm sure our great prez, whenhe's not hangin at the Hamptons or hangin' with Clooney and other tree huggers and sicko peace mongers he'll take care of it.

“Take me to your leader”

Since: Aug 11

Smacking Down Stupidity

#174438 Aug 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps when they stop eating the bull$#it being fed to them by propaganda from lame stream media! Or...when Hillary freezes over!
Ha Ha Ha!
How many major university studies do you need to convince you?
How many government studies?
How many independent studies?
How many scientists?
This is no political game. Your ignorance may be the demise of our very existence.
Change is happening. It will be bad. The only question left is "how bad?".

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#174439 Aug 14, 2014
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What is it now,18 years there hasn't been any new signs of globull warming?
Just about the time incompetent liberals started ratcheting up the "weather with a tax" scam.
Their crowning achievement,to date,has to be this past summer in the Antarctica when the buffoon warming activists got stuck in the pack ice while attempting to showcase how much of the ice had disappeared in the East Antarctic.
LOL
Typical hypocrite liberals burning tens of thousands of gallons of fuel and adding more CO2 to the atmosphere than an industrial city does in a year.
LOL
Or Al Gore adding 12.5 metric tons of CO2 jetting around the world in his private gulf stream to scold Asians and Europeans at globull warming summits for their carbon footprints.
LOL
What a bunch of maroons.
LOL
"What is it now,18 years there hasn't been any new signs of globull warming?"
Are you f**king nuts? What planet are you living on?
How many record breaking storms? How many record breaking hot periods?
Here have some facts:
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Try educating yourself instead of playing the "If we yell it isn't so loud enough, it isn't so" game.
Only an uncaring idiot would ignore the evidence.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174440 Aug 14, 2014
Still lmao at this repuked clown candidate..haha Like those glasses make him believable now. hahaha Line those clowns up..

“You’re welcome. I’m awesome!” Rick Perry’s rebranding is full of self-delusion

Texas governor's trying hard to convince people that he's going to run a serious presidential campaign. What a tool VIDEO

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/14/youre_welcome...

Like these loser lemming tools.

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174441 Aug 14, 2014
Sarah Palin Embarrasses Herself By Ranting About the ‘Government’s Zombie Apocalypse Plan’

you would have to be quite possibly one of the most gullible people on the planet to really believe that the government was spending taxpayer dollars to prepare for a fictional attack by zombies.

Yet Sarah Palin, the tea party icon and the person many of them want to run for president, actually believed this nonsense was real and succeeded in convincing many of her followers. Just when you think this woman’s stupidity can’t get any more laughable – all you need to do is just wait for the next time she says or does anything.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/sarah-pali...

She is an embarrassment period, but please put her on a ticket with that other nutjob crazy eyes michelle. Line those clowns up.

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174442 Aug 14, 2014
Tea Party Racist Steve King: No Racial Profiling Because Ferguson Protestors Are All Black!(Video)

Ferguson, which is about 65% African-American, is a city in which black people make up about 93% of arrests after traffic stops, 92% of searches, and 80% of all traffic stops. All but five of Ferguson’s 53 commissioned police officers are white, as is the Mayor and the majority of the city council. One officer was recently caught on tape calling the predominantly African-American protesters “f*cking animals.”

None of that matters, however, to Steve King. According to him, racial profiling is not a concern because the protesters appear to be of a single “continental origin.”

“This idea of no racial profiling,” King said,“I’ve seen the video. It looks to me like you don’t need to bother with that particular factor because they all appear to be of a single, you know, of a single origin, I should say, a continental origin might be the way to phrase that.”

http://aattp.org/tea-party-racist-steve-king-...

Typical teahadist CON mentality....that's how far BACK they want to take the country....prove it every day.

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174443 Aug 14, 2014
KKK Raising ‘Reward’ Money for Ferguson Cop Who Killed ‘Low-IQ Negro’ Michael Brown

The Ku Klux Klan, like the rest of us, wants to know the identity of the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, an unarmed African-American teen, on Saturday–but for different reasons: they want to shake his hand and offer some reward money!

Is anyone actually surprised that the KKK would seek to reward the officer? After all, the GOP did pretty much the same thing after George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin, didn’t they?

http://aattp.org/kkk-raising-reward-money-for...

Pathetic and worthless human beings.

Educating Republicans: Why You Can’t Spell KKK Without the Letters G-O-P
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/15/klan-m...

GOP owns racism now.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#174444 Aug 14, 2014
Ari-the-Invincible wrote:
<quoted text>
WSJ is not Fox News DUMB@$$!
Furthermore; http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/...
The "consensus" is on the side of SKEPTICISM!
LMAO Peer reviewed and REJECTED!
http://scholarsandrogues.com/2013/02/18/heart...
Here are real facts for you;

James L. Powell, a former member of the National Science Board and current executive director of the National Physical Science Consortium, analyzed published research on global warming and climate change between 1991 and 2012 and found that of the 13,950 articles in peer-reviewed journals, only 24 rejected anthropogenic global warming. A follow-up analysis looking at 2,258 peer-reviewed climate articles with 9,136 authors published between November 2012 and December 2013 revealed that only one of the 9,136 authors rejected anthropogenic global warming.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174445 Aug 14, 2014
Grimes responds to Chao's role on board

LOUISVILLE, Ky.— Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has some explaining for his wife's role as a board member of an organization that has spent $50 million to close coal-fired power plants, his Democratic challenger, Alison Lundergan Grimes, said Thursday.

Grimes declined to say, however, whether she thinks McConnell's wife, former U.S. labor secretary Elaine Chao, should resign from the board of Bloomberg Philanthropies, a charity founded by former New York City mayor and media mogul Michael Bloomberg.

"I think it's very disappointing news, and it raises serious questions that Sen. McConnell is going to have to answer," Grimes said after a Kentucky State Fair event, her first public comments about the matter.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/grimes-responds-to-chao-s...

Let's see if he will debate her. She challenged him to at least 3 upcoming events. He has too much to answer for, especially his voting record which is a matter of record for anyone to see. He keeps bringing the President up and he is running against Alison, not Obama. He will be gone in 2 years. Let the women fix this mess. haha

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Take me to your leader”

Smacking Down Stupidity

#174446 Aug 14, 2014
Ari-the-Invincible wrote:
BTW...RETARD, "Hillbillies" are from West Virginia. Briar Hoppers are from Kentucky, how about that $#IT!
Are you geographically challenged as well as RETARDED?
"Hillbilly Days is an annual festival held in mid-April in Pikeville, Kentucky celebrating the best of Appalachian culture. The event began by local Shriners as a fundraiser to support the Shriners Children's Hospital. It has grown since its beginning in 1976 and now is the second largest festival held in the state of Kentucky. Artists and craftspeople showcase their talents and sell their works on display. Nationally renowned musicians as well as the best of the regional mountain musicians share six different stages located throughout the downtown area of Pikeville. Want-to-be hillbillies from across the nation compete to come up with the wildest Hillbilly outfit. The event has earned its name as the Mardi Gras of the Mountains. Fans of "mountain music" come from around the United States to hear this annual concentrated gathering of talent. Some refer to this event as the equivalent of a "Woodstock" for mountain music".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillbilly

You really shouldn't call others "RETARD". It can come back to bite you on the a$$.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174447 Aug 14, 2014
haha, love how turtleman justifies his wife

McConnell has said his wife will not resign from the board. He has said the organization does good things, but said his wife does not approve of its coal-related efforts.

The UMWA has said the spouse of a Kentucky politician should be expected to "choose more carefully" when taking a role with an organization that has "invested in the destruction of the American coal industry."

Meanwhile, Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear said Thursday that Chao's role with the organization is a legitimate campaign issue and suggested that McConnell's self-portrayal as a champion of Kentucky coal interests had taken a hit.

"Arguing that you're the champion of coal and then being together with groups ... that are anti-coal doesn't seem very consistent to me," Beshear said after the same state fair event that Grimes attended. "But the people of Kentucky will figure that out."

Read more at http://www.wral.com/grimes-responds-to-chao-s...

McConnell protects COAL COMPANIES, not COAL MINERS

"A trade group representing Kentucky's coal industry has defended McConnell, while the United Mine Workers of America — which backs Grimes — has criticized Chao's board membership."

Pretty evident there, don't ya think? haha

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#174448 Aug 14, 2014
1 Timothy 2:12
DO NOT LET WOMEN TEACH MEN OR HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THEM...WOMEN SHOULD REMAIN SILENT. Take it up with God!!!!!!!!!!

Ditch Mitch is the reason God created this commandment.

Since: Oct 09

#174449 Aug 14, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
How many major university studies do you need to convince you?
How many government studies?
How many independent studies?
How many scientists?
This is no political game. Your ignorance may be the demise of our very existence.
Change is happening. It will be bad. The only question left is "how bad?".
That's a heaping helping of horse$#it! You are free to swallow it if you so choose!
The concerted effort to manipulate public opinion has been exposed, it's junk science!
You don't believe in God, but you believe in Al Gore Jr?
He invented "carbon credits", not the ARPANET!
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174450 Aug 14, 2014
Grimes Counts on Clinton Magic for a Kentucky Win

Alison Lundergan Grimes, the would-be Democratic successor to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), has a clever way of dismissing her rival’s efforts to link her to an unpopular President Obama.

As the Democrats’ unofficial campaigner in chief, Bill Clinton helped Grimes raise more than $600,000 at a fundraiser in Louisville last February. He was back again a week ago at two high-profile campaign events in Kentucky’s horse country and eastern coalfields.

Eastern Kentucky has lost more than 7,000 coal-mining jobs since mid-2011 as the state has struggled to recover from the recession. Grimes and Clinton both slammed McConnell for being an “out-of-touch Washington insider” who failed to create or save coal industry jobs, according to The Courier-Journal.

Amid cheers and hoisted placards declaring “Ditch Mitch,” Grimes vowed at an appearance in the city of Hazard to serve as a “Clinton Democrat” who would support higher wages, increased mine safety and robust health care coverage for Kentuckians. Grimes’s unyielding opposition to the Obama administration’s restrictive emission standards for coal-fired power plants has earned an endorsement from the United Mine Workers of America.
Grimes and Clinton blamed McConnell and the GOP for political gridlock in Washington that has thwarted efforts to raise the minimum wage, extend unemployment insurance and address income inequality. Clinton sought to contrast the youthful Grimes with McConnell, 72, a senator for three decades who, said Clinton,“believes a senator has no business trying to create jobs.”

“Nobody can tell me it’s not a senator’s job, especially one with 30 years of experience,” Clinton said. Grimes chimed in,“I believe Kentucky is ready for a United States senator whose vocabulary goes beyond the word ‘no.’”

Although McConnell has moved ahead of Grimes for the first time in two recent polls, the race is still a toss-up and could be one of the costliest Senate races in history. Some even predict it could go as high as $100 million.

The typically dour McConnell isn’t that much more popular than Obama, with just 37 percent of likely voters approving of his performance and 54 percent disapproving

Read more:
https://news.yahoo.com/grimes-counts-clinton-...

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174451 Aug 14, 2014
Senator Mitch McConnell, Tell Us About Your Military Service Or Non Service Please!!

Kentucky Kernel Article, dated November 1, 1996.
Senator’s Discharge Questioned
By Chris Padgett
News Editor

A letter found in the UK Library Department of Special Collections of a request from a former U.S. Senator to the then commanding general of Fort Knox created conflicting stories Thursday about the military record of Republican U. S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.

The letter was found in the personal letters of U. S. Sen. John Sherman Cooper, a Republican from Kentucky. it was written to Maj. Gen. A. D. Surles, commanding general of Fort Knox. McConnell served as an intern in Coopers Washington, DC. office in summer of 1964. He was in boot camp at Ft. Knox and a member of the 100th Division of the U.S. Army Reserve.

The letter was dated August 10, 1967, during a time when U.S. troops were being sent to Vietnam for combat duty.

In the letter, Cooper advises the major general that ‘Mitchell anxious to clear post in order to enroll NYU. Please advise when final action can he expected.”

According to the Registrar’s Office at New York University, no record exists that McConnell ever applied or enrolled for classes at that university. McConnell attended UK and earned a law degree in 1967 before he enlisted in the Army reserve.

Representatives from McConnell’s office offered two differing statements regarding McConnell’s discharge.

“Senator McConnell had polio as a child and he never served in armed services.” said Robert Steurer, press secretary for McConnell in Washington.“I am not aware of him ever serving.”

Kyle Simmons, McConnell’s campaign manager in Louisville, offered a different story about the senator’s military record during a phone conversation yesterday.

According to Simmons, McConnell enlisted for four months of active duty with the Army reserve at Fort Knox.

Simmons said that McConnell failed his physical examination as a result of a doctor’s diagnosis of McConnell having the medical condition of optic neuritis.

According to UK Chandler Medical Center Public Affairs, optic neuritis is an inflammation of the optic nerve. The condition causes blurred vision and color sensitivity. Optic neuritis usually affects only one eye at a time. The condition is a symptom of multiple sclerosis.

Dr. Mike Minx, with the department of ophthalmology at the UK Med Center, explained that optic neuritis usually affects individuals I 5-45 years of age.

According to Minx, the condition can usually be treated with steroids.“Within three-four weeks of having the condition, individuals will usually have their eyesight return to 20-20 vision or normal vision."

This same type of treatment would have been prescribed in 1967, although advancements have been made in the treatment of this eye condition, he said.

Dr. Timothy Allen is the chief medical officer with the U. S. Military and is stationed in Louisville, Kentucky.

According to Allen, optic neuritis by itself is not a reason for an individual to be discharged from the military. McConnell, who also held a position in the UK College of Law in 1994, would not be interviewed and would not comment on Cooper’s letter or his discharge.

“Senator McConnell will not be available to discuss this,” Simmons said.“We have not and will not release Senator McConnell’s medical records.”
http://www.hillbillyreport.com/blog/2007/02/s...

I guess since they covered up his story he made sure he rewarded those involved. Let someone ask him about his service to the country. Wish Alison would get as nasty as he and his repukes did with the "Swift Boat" slam against Kerry.

Or go find Mr. Alan and ask him about the discharge. Wonder if he is still kicking.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#174452 Aug 14, 2014
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
The official story for McConnell's discharge--in spite of "apparently" not having an actual physical exam--is a diagnosis of optic neuritis, a condition easily cured by steroids in 1967.
According to Allen, optic neuritis by itself is not a reason for an individual to be discharged from the military. McConnell, who also held a position in the UK College of Law in 1994, would not be interviewed and would not comment on Cooper’s letter or his discharge.
“Senator McConnell will not be available to discuss this,” Simmons said.“We have not and will not release Senator McConnell’s medical records.”
And now for the possibly sordid part, sourced here:
The missing part of the story-?
Alan Lynch, a Lexington Postal Clerk, served in the 100th Army Reserve Unit, Louisville, Kentucky. He was in another unit in 1964 but the Army did a consolidation of units and he was transferred to the 100th in 1965 or 1966. He performed several duties while he served in the military as a postal clerk and personnel officer. Mr. Lynch has a remarkable story about the summer of 1967.
The summary of the story is as follows:
In the summer of 1967 Lynch reported for his summer active duty in the 100th Training Unit Army Reserve. The Unit did their summer active duty at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina. Lynch worked for S-1, the administrative arm of any army unit. Lynch worked for a Major, who was the assistant Adjutant and new to the unit. During his active duty in August of 1967 Lynch remembers coming into the office and noticed that the Major was upset. He asked him what was going on and the Major told him the following:
A new member of the 100th Army Reserve Unit in Basic Training at Ft. Knox was arrested in the barracks for sodomy. The guy is getting out of the military and the excuse will be due to an illness, an eye disorder. The Major then told a joke about it saying, "I guess the guy couldn't see the difference between guys and girls."
Lynch asked him how this guy could accomplish this and get a release from the army. The Major told him that the soldier had served as an intern to Senator John Sherman Cooper and Senator Cooper called the Commanding General of Ft. Knox to arrange the discharge.
At the time the Major told Lynch the name of the soldier but the name didn't stick to his brain. Lynch said frankly it was not important at the time because the name McConnell meant nothing to him. It was not until the issue was raised in McConnell's senate race of 1990 that he remembered the incident. Lynch provided the information to reporters with the Courier Journal and Herald Leader but they did nothing with it because they didn't have any real evidence. They only have the story of Lynch.
McConnell has been able to brush this whole thing off as a tempest in a teapot.
Thanks for the reminder. I had heard that about 20 years ago on Knox.

This site has the telegram etc....half way down the page...

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/cgi-bin/mt-comm...

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

United States

#174453 Aug 14, 2014
RIP GOP
HILLARY 2016
ALISON 2014
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

United States

#174454 Aug 14, 2014
Hey btches! I have become #1 in all copy/paste retoric! Yes, us tree huggers and peace mongers (only when it benfits us) don't have original thoughts. I just want you to know I'll never stop! Now "You mad bro?!" (wigger talk) and trolling will stop. Long live our Donkey (Jackas#ed)mascot and our party of fruits forever! Copy and paste away! Join me! Now where was i? Oh yea, not having a life and scouring the internet for more thoughts to steal!
RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

#174455 Aug 14, 2014
Hillary said:

“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” Clinton said.

Obama called it:

“Horseshit!”

That’s how Democratic members of Congress report that President Barack Obama expressed his view of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whom he appointed, calling him out on his policy toward Syria.

What happened to the buddy team?

Their differences will start to manifest, watch for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min ThomasSMonson 163,706
knox county social services (Apr '14) 1 hr Jennifer Brunner 22
Bridget Trent Hembree 2 hr Johnny 3
bth 2 hr Susie 3
Drug dealing 2 hr Ratted 4
Jw collins 3 hr Jenny 2
Tyra smith 6 hr Just for comments 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages