'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 228598 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172552 Aug 1, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitch McConnell is Working his Butt Off and Sticking His Neck Out For Billionaires in his Bid to take Overtime Pay and the 40 Hour Work Week Away From Working Class People Across the Entire USA......
Knock Mitch Out, Kentucky Working People....get him...send him down the road kicking rocks..........Show Mitch McConnell that Working People Have More Votes Than Greedy Billionaires.........
http://www.littler.com/dc-employment-law-upda...
Great post!

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#172553 Aug 1, 2014
Out on the Golf Course, they have these things called "Ball Washers."

There are Republican Politicians in Washington, DC who perform basically the same task for Billionaires, Mitch McConnell would be one of those..

http://www.wage-hour.net/category/Overtime.as...
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172554 Aug 1, 2014
Presidents on....watch out repukes

Job news GREAT....hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#172555 Aug 1, 2014
The Apostle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you ain't got a problem with Obama adding more to the national debt than any president in American history. And, you've got no problem sending Grimes to DC to help him spend even more. Especially more money in the hands of the billion dollar abortion industry. We know Grimes will owe them a huge debt because they're the big money behind her campaign.
The country had 848 billion dollars in stimulus money to spend on infrastructure. The liberals had complete control of the money. Where did the money go?
You atheists can go file a lawsuit or put up a billboard and pretend it's all about the separation of church and state when in fact it's just evil pretenders doing their fathers work.
Telling us, again, about the cost of Bush's phony Iraq war. Biblebangin' christians might as well have stolen it out of the collection plate, as they turn a blind eye to it. Instead, they stole from taxpayers and laid the cost off on the grandchildren, they now posture about, being burdened with debt. LOL!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#172556 Aug 1, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitch McConnell is Working his Butt Off and Sticking His Neck Out For Billionaires in his Bid to take Overtime Pay and the 40 Hour Work Week Away From Working Class People Across the Entire USA......
Knock Mitch Out, Kentucky Working People....get him...send him down the road kicking rocks..........Show Mitch McConnell that Working People Have More Votes Than Greedy Billionaires.........
http://www.littler.com/dc-employment-law-upda...
Nancy Pelosi is more wealthy than McConnell and works to aid herself and billionaires also. Are you OK with that or do you just choose to ignore it?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#172557 Aug 1, 2014
Straw Grasping Teabaggers wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling us, again, about the cost of Bush's phony Iraq war. Biblebangin' christians might as well have stolen it out of the collection plate, as they turn a blind eye to it. Instead, they stole from taxpayers and laid the cost off on the grandchildren, they now posture about, being burdened with debt. LOL!
Tell me again of all the Libtards that voted for the war.
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#172558 Aug 1, 2014
ANY Working Person Who Would Not Only Put Up With This, But, Turn Around and Vote To Send These Republicans Back To Congress Is As Dumb As, A Chicken Voting For Colonel Sanders........

U.S. House of Representatives Votes Unanimously To Axe The 40 Hour Work Week..........

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php...
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#172559 Aug 1, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy Pelosi is more wealthy than McConnell and works to aid herself and billionaires also. Are you OK with that or do you just choose to ignore it?
What does that have to do with Mitch McConnell Trying to End Overtime Pay, the 40 Hour Work Week, Weekends and Holidays Off Work?????.....I don't care if either one of them, or both of them has a Trillion Dollars in the Bank..........Nancy Pelosi Voted AGAINST This H.R. 1406 Bill, McConnell Loves it and he Introduced it to the Senate.

I am talking about WHAT they Do, NOT How Much Money They Have.... Try harder to understand, maybe you will get it.......
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172560 Aug 1, 2014
BURN.....hear that sizzle.....repukes? haha

CONgress should stop standing in the way of PROgress for our country.

Economy getting better....despite the deny of you teabagger CONS

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#172561 Aug 1, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Of course its hard not to notice you cant specifically refute a single line she posts from those rags.
I m fairly certain those blisters on your hands stem from something else.
Why would I waste my time refuting BS from the Soros rags? I've posted links from credible websites. Both conservative and liberal. You just don't like the fact you clowns are getting your asses handed to you.

All you little Soros clowns together can't handle me.
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172563 Aug 1, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Dang, that exposure to the 86 degrees in the yard must of gave me some energy and wind.... corrected long winded sentence. People's hateful, lying, ignorant comments from loser lemming trolls get me going sometime. Most I quit responding to for that very reason. This one is one I need to add to the list.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
Mark Twain
<quoted text>
Get trolling loser lemming troll, stomp away and spin those proxies and slip into the "grey box". hahaha
Lame
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172565 Aug 1, 2014
Alison Lundergan Grimes Shames Mitch McConnell Over His Vote Against Veterans

On Thursday, the Mitch McConnell-led Senate Republicans blocked a bill that would have improved veterans benefits. It was truly a “shameful display of partisan obstruction”, just as Jason Easley called it.

Since there are nearly 340,000 veterans in Kentucky, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate Alison Lundergan Grimes called out her opponent, Republican Mitch McConnell, for his vote to kill the veterans benefits bill with a cowardly procedural vote.

In a statement, Ms. Grimes took McConnell to task,“Mitch McConnell’s voting record against Kentucky’s veterans and military families is inexcusable.” She continued,“It is not enough to simply offer words and empty rhetoric — we must follow through with action in support of our veterans.”

The Democrat shamed McConnell for failing to live up to our promises to our veterans,“My opponent clearly disagrees. Whether they fought in Korea or Afghanistan, we must keep our promises to our returned service men and women and deliver on our responsibility to them just as they have for each of us. They deserve to share in the economic opportunity they bravely fought to protect.”

Grimes also supports renewing the VOW to Hire Heroes Act.

Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) introduced the bill Republicans killed in a tricky procedural move similar to a filibuster. Sanders is the chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, so the fact that the bill touts “the most comprehensive legislation for veterans to come before the Senate in decades” should not come as a surprise.

Mitch McConnell’s disdain for our veterans isn’t new. In 2012, he led forty Republican members of the Senate to betray veterans by killing a jobs bill for veterans. The Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments.

Again in 2012, Republican leadership in the Senate quietly condoned the actions of a single coward who put a hold on a cost of living increase for disabled veterans, just so they could play petty partisan politics with Obama and deny him a “win”.

Republicans were shocked during their 2012 fiscal cliff disaster when President Obama fought with Republicans, insisting that benefits for disabled people and veterans not be cut.

Doesn’t it just make you want to wave a flag while failing to live up to our promises to our wounded warriors?

And then there is the Republican sequester (they are on record as championing it and pushing for it and gloating about getting it on Fox News — it’s only when confronted with the results that they deny any knowledge of it and blame Democrats). In June 2013, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported that Fort Knox would lose 3,300 troops in the next six years because of defense spending reductions.

The list of Republican perfidy on veterans issues is too long to innumerate here in anything remotely resembling its entirety. But one thing is for sure — Mitch McConnell has met his match, because Alison Lundergan Grimes isn’t going to be quiet about his hypocrisy.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/28/alison...

Mitch McCONnell votes against Veterans

Check out how he votes ON EVERYTHING, bill, date, yay/nay...quite interesting....you can see how partisan he has become and who owns him.

Mitch McConnell's Voting Records

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/5329...

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Providence, UT

#172566 Aug 1, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me again of all the Libtards that voted for the war.
Once again, diversion from Bush, who had the final say....after he cleared it with Cheney. Backbone and responsibility were never conservative traits.
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#172567 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Bush's phony war? How so? You liberals sure can summon up amnesia when you need to.

There would have been no war without 9/11...

Here's you some quotes from you lyingr liberal hero's..

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

You see little lib... Your liberal lying bullshit doesn't work on me.
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#172568 Aug 1, 2014
Oh really? You just changed my mind and I'm going to switch parties after hearing that......said no person EVER! You stupid people need to get a life and stop all the stupid rhetoric you spit
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#172569 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Once again, diversion from Bush, who had the final say....after he cleared it with Cheney. Backbone and responsibility were never conservative traits.
You got Bush confused with Obama. Congress has the final say... They voted YES!

We wouldn't be having this conversation if Clinton would have done his DAMN JOB! Knob polishing comes before national security I guess.

Providence, UT

#172570 Aug 1, 2014
Low-life Republican Senators against Veterans:

The three senators who voted against the bill were Tom Coburn, R-Okla., Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#172572 Aug 1, 2014
Why we are in debt:

US Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq to Cost $6 trillion

The decade-long American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would end up costing as much as $6 trillion, the equivalent of $75,000 for every American household, calculates the prestigious Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.

Remember, when President George Bush’s National Economic Council Director, Lawrence Lindsey, had told the country’s largest newspaper “The Wall Street Journal” that the war would cost between $100 billion and $200 billion, he had found himself under intense fire from his colleagues in the administration who claimed that this was a gross overestimation.

Consequently, Lawrence Lindsey was forced to resign. It is also imperative to recall that the Bush administration had claimed at the very outset that the Iraq war would finance itself out of Iraqi oil revenues, but Washington DC had instead ended up borrowing some $2 trillion to finance the two wars, the bulk of it from foreign lenders.

According to the Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government 2013 report, this accounted for roughly 20 per cent of the total amount added to the US national debt between 2001 and 2012.

According to the report, the US “has already paid $260 billion in interest on the war debt,” and future interest payments would amount to trillions of dollars. This Harvard University report has also been carried on its website by the Centre for Research on Globalization, which is a widely-quoted Montreal-based independent research and media organization.

In its report, the 377-year old Harvard University has viewed that these afore-mentioned wars had not only left the United States heavily indebted, but would also have a profound impact on the federal government’s fiscal and budgetary crises over a protracted period.

The authors of this report have warned that the legacy of decisions taken during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars would dominate future federal budgets for decades to come.

According to the Harvard University report, some 1.56 million US troops—56 per cent of all Afghanistan and Iraq veterans—were receiving medical treatment at Veterans Administration facilities and would be granted benefits for the rest of their lives.

It reveals:

“One out of every two veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan has already applied for permanent disability benefits. The official figure of 50,000 American troops “wounded in action” vastly underestimates the real human costs of the two US wars. One-third of returning veterans are being diagnosed with mental health issues—suffering from anxiety, depression, and/or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).”

It maintains:

“Overall, the Veterans Administration’s budget has more than doubled over the past decade, from $61.4 billion in 2001 to $140.3 billion in 2013. As a share of the total US budget it has grown from 2.5 percent to 3.5 percent over the same period. Soaring medical costs for veterans is attributable to several factors. Among them is that, thanks to advancements in medical technology and rapid treatment, soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan have survived wounds that would have cost their lives in earlier conflicts.”

In its conclusion, the report not only seeks to dispel illusions that ending full-scale wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would produce any kind of “peace dividend” that could help ameliorate conditions of poverty, unemployment and declining living standards for working people in the US itself, but makes it clear that the legacy of decisions made during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts would impose significant long-term costs on the federal government for many years to come.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-wars-in-afgha...

Just read this civil suit::
Dick Cheney And Other Bush Administration Officials May Finally Go To Trial
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/dick-chene ...

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
The Apostle

Wooton, KY

#172573 Aug 1, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Alison Lundergan Grimes Shames Mitch McConnell Over His Vote Against Veterans
On Thursday, the Mitch McConnell-led Senate Republicans blocked a bill that would have improved veterans benefits. It was truly a “shameful display of partisan obstruction”, just as Jason Easley called it.
Since there are nearly 340,000 veterans in Kentucky, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate Alison Lundergan Grimes called out her opponent, Republican Mitch McConnell, for his vote to kill the veterans benefits bill with a cowardly procedural vote.
In a statement, Ms. Grimes took McConnell to task,“Mitch McConnell’s voting record against Kentucky’s veterans and military families is inexcusable.” She continued,“It is not enough to simply offer words and empty rhetoric — we must follow through with action in support of our veterans.”
The Democrat shamed McConnell for failing to live up to our promises to our veterans,“My opponent clearly disagrees. Whether they fought in Korea or Afghanistan, we must keep our promises to our returned service men and women and deliver on our responsibility to them just as they have for each of us. They deserve to share in the economic opportunity they bravely fought to protect.”
Grimes also supports renewing the VOW to Hire Heroes Act.
Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) introduced the bill Republicans killed in a tricky procedural move similar to a filibuster. Sanders is the chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, so the fact that the bill touts “the most comprehensive legislation for veterans to come before the Senate in decades” should not come as a surprise.
Mitch McConnell’s disdain for our veterans isn’t new. In 2012, he led forty Republican members of the Senate to betray veterans by killing a jobs bill for veterans. The Veterans Job Corps Act of 2012 would have spent $1 billion over five years to put veterans to work tending to federal lands, and in the nation’s police and fire departments.
Again in 2012, Republican leadership in the Senate quietly condoned the actions of a single coward who put a hold on a cost of living increase for disabled veterans, just so they could play petty partisan politics with Obama and deny him a “win”.
Republicans were shocked during their 2012 fiscal cliff disaster when President Obama fought with Republicans, insisting that benefits for disabled people and veterans not be cut.
Doesn’t it just make you want to wave a flag while failing to live up to our promises to our wounded warriors?
And then there is the Republican sequester (they are on record as championing it and pushing for it and gloating about getting it on Fox News — it’s only when confronted with the results that they deny any knowledge of it and blame Democrats). In June 2013, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported that Fort Knox would lose 3,300 troops in the next six years because of defense spending reductions.
The list of Republican perfidy on veterans issues is too long to innumerate here in anything remotely resembling its entirety. But one thing is for sure — Mitch McConnell has met his match, because Alison Lundergan Grimes isn’t going to be quiet about his hypocrisy.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/28/alison...
Mitch McCONnell votes against Veterans
Check out how he votes ON EVERYTHING, bill, date, yay/nay...quite interesting....you can see how partisan he has become and who owns him.
Mitch McConnell's Voting Records
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/5329...
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
More BS from the liberal rags. McConnell wanted to attach sanctions against Iran and of course Sanders being a communist wouldn't allow it.

Anything else I can help you with.

No? Then remind your candidate to stop the war against women by starting in the mothers womb. After all, little girls grow up to be women. Surely she can raise money from the veterans? Instead of the abortion industry.

Providence, UT

#172574 Aug 1, 2014
The Apostle wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's phony war? How so? You liberals sure can summon up amnesia when you need to.
There would have been no war without 9/11...
Here's you some quotes from you lyingr liberal hero's..
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998
You see little lib... Your liberal lying bullshit doesn't work on me.
Donald Rumsfeld, US Defense Secretary 28 May, 2003

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Dick Cheney
Speech to VFW National Convention
August 26, 2002
Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

George "aWol" Bush
Speech to UN General Assembly
September 12, 2002
If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

Ari Fleischer
Press Briefing
December 2, 2002
We know for a fact that there are weapons there.

Ari Fleischer
Press Briefing
January 9, 2003
"25,000 liters of anthrax ... 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin ... materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent ... upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents ... several mobile biological weapons labs ... thousands of Iraqi security personnel ... at work hiding documents and materials from the U.N. inspectors."

George "aWol" Bush
State of the Union Address
January 28, 2003
We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.

Colin Powell
Remarks to UN Security Council
February 5, 2003
We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have.

Colin Powell
Remarks to UN Security Council
March 7, 2003
Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Abdhul 148,946
Three liquor stores in bville 15 min john 7
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 16 min Yea 8
Dog Missing from Cumberland Avenue 46 min Help please 2
What has east bville church pastor done ??? 1 hr omg 2
RiChArD PiCkEtT (Jan '13) 8 hr Blah 2
I love you 9 hr Facts 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages