'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 186079 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“I am the 99%”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#168918 Jul 4, 2014
DemocRATS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is 'absurd'...when one country you're entering, has laws, you have to respect laws of that country. Country didn't have borders ages ago, now they all do...US is overcrowded and that's why you have to go through an IMMIGRATION PROCESS, at least I did and if I have to come to US today, I would love the same process again. It was wonderful and now I'm an AMERICAN citizen and proud. So don't tell me anything.
If Mexico don't listen, answer to your earlier question, stop all help, start massive deportation, see how fast they would listen. Besides that Scud, that tells you how much Mexico has respect for US and everyone else around the world.
Those illegal minor children, you send them back one way ticket to their country of origin. You call those countries and tell them ahead what you're doing and stop aid to those countries.
Btw, Reagan in 1986 gave an amnesty, to 3 million illegals and said that was worst mistake he ever did...he thought it was around 1.5 million...
That's why we have 20+ million illegals. America is country of laws. Respect it...
LMAO Overcrowded?
Most of our country is empty space!
Here is an interesting fact for you. You can fit the ENTIRE WORLDS population in Texas and you would wind up with a population density less than that of New York city.
Once again, if you have a problem with people coming here illegally why not just make it easier for them to come legally?

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168919 Jul 4, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you agree Obama did not secure a SOFA
Uhm wasn't his responsibility to get one. It was the Iraqi governments responsibility to give us one.
They didn't and we left as agreed by Bush.
Well

Hyden, KY

#168921 Jul 4, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
It is like current laws. Only what is written in the law itself matters, not what the writers may or may not have meant.
There are always debates on who said what and if they meant the same in the constitution.
Doesnt matter, the courts interpretation is the correct one, ALWAYS. They will often refer to writings of the framers and such ,but it is totally up to them to accept or reject the ideas put forth in these writings.
You and I can disagree all we want but the way the court rules is the way it is.
Like I said, "they are constitutionally infallible".
Want your opinion to matter on this? Buddy up to a President and have him (or her :P) appoint you to the SCOTUS (No qualifications necessary) when a vacancy arises.
Most of the Founders never intended the Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of the Constitution. After all, the Supreme Court is part of the federal government which most of the Founders wanted to strictly limit to a few and defined powers. It would be like the federal government itself determining the limits of it's own powers with few constraining mechanisms. Here is what Jefferson had to say:“To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.” Jefferson and James Madison, in 1798 and 1799 in the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, said, "Resolved, That the several States composing, the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their general government ... and whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." Clearly Madison and Jefferson believed the Court was not the only arbiter of the Constitution. The Court assumed that mantle for itself with the aid of Hamilton who wanted the broadest interpretation of the General welfare Clause to make his case for corporate welfare. The Court is not constitutionally infallible and if we accept that notion we stand a far greater chance of living under tyranny than liberty although any state today which did as Kentucky did in 1798 would have federal troops on its borders within a week.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#168922 Jul 4, 2014
Hillary embarrasses herself in Britain

If a prominent Republican in contention for the presidency had suffered a brain injury and subsequently started making the sort of gaffes Hillary Clinton has been spouting, we’d be seeing front page stories on the New York Times analyzing brain function and the likelihood of permanent impairment, complete with charts and solemn pronouncements from academic experts. But this is the Great Female Hope of the Democratic Establishment, so nary a peep from mainstream media. Still and all, it is disturbing.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/h...
DemocRATS

United States

#168923 Jul 4, 2014
*going* downhill ...

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168925 Jul 4, 2014
DemocRATS wrote:
I just don't have patience anymore for uninformed and stupid questions.
Liberals know their country is getting downhill and doing absolutely nothing to stop it. To them everything is funny and if they have no answer, plain conspiracy.
Violent crime rate in the decline for well over a decade.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
The inflation rate is at a healthy 2.1%
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflatio...
Unemployment has been dropping consistently since 2009
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
and deficit spending is the lowest it has been since 2008
What are you whining about?
Yes it could be better if the Republican congress would pass a bill to rebuild our failing infrastructure but that's on your side :P
ind

Hyden, KY

#168926 Jul 4, 2014
scirocco wrote:
If a prominent Republican in contention for the presidency had suffered a brain injury and subsequently started making the sort of gaffes Hillary Clinton has been spouting, we’d be seeing front page stories on the New York Times analyzing brain function and the likelihood of permanent impairment, complete with charts and solemn pronouncements from academic experts. But this is the Great Female Hope of the Democratic Establishment, so nary a peep from mainstream media. Still and all, it is disturbing.
so she will still be your next president you just as well get use to it. peon..

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168927 Jul 4, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Shit happens.
Name a politician who hasn't been mistaken.
With the world listening to your every word there is bound to be a blunder or two.
Try not to be too hard on her. After all you will be calling her Madam President in a couple years :P
DemocRATS

United States

#168928 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO Overcrowded?
Most of our country is empty space!
Here is an interesting fact for you. You can fit the ENTIRE WORLDS population in Texas and you would wind up with a population density less than that of New York city.
Once again, if you have a problem with people coming here illegally why not just make it easier for them to come legally?
How old are you...? Don't answer that ... don't really care...OVERCROWDED, I meant we have long unemployment line, 46 million on food stamps, we have our own homeless, veterans, we have to help our own...I was not talking about land...
Are you for real, Scud?
DemocRATS

United States

#168929 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Violent crime rate in the decline for well over a decade.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
The inflation rate is at a healthy 2.1%
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflatio...
Unemployment has been dropping consistently since 2009
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
and deficit spending is the lowest it has been since 2008
What are you whining about?
Yes it could be better if the Republican congress would pass a bill to rebuild our failing infrastructure but that's on your side :P
Talk to Dirty Harry Reid ...he would do anything to make Republicans look bad, but you believe what you want ... ask Nancy dumb Pelosi ...

'Let's pass so we can see what's in it'...

'The most transparent administration in US history'...

Who are you kidding ...???????

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#168930 Jul 4, 2014
DemocRATS wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Dirty Harry Reid ...he would do anything to make Republicans look bad, but you believe what you want ... ask Nancy dumb Pelosi ...
The Republican's Don't need any help when it come's to looking bad.!!!

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168931 Jul 4, 2014
DemocRATS wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you...? Don't answer that ... don't really care...OVERCROWDED, I meant we have long unemployment line, 46 million on food stamps, we have our own homeless, veterans, we have to help our own...I was not talking about land...
Are you for real, Scud?
Old enough to know that not one of those things means, nor are they commonly referred to as "overcrowding".
Exactly how will immigrants exasperate those problems?
Here is a fun fact for you while you ponder an answer: Most people on food stamps work full time. Raising the minimum wage would help with that :)
Jay

Paris, TN

#168932 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Laredo Texas count?
Also spent time in LA when primarily black gangs were a big problem. Do we deport the blacks because of it? I also remember a time when the Hell's Angels were a problem LOL Uh OH, there goes the whites.
Once again. despite the current situation, MOST illegals came here legally. ALL THE BORDER SECURITY IN THE WORLD wouldn't eliminate the problem.

Chicago, Illinois count?

And it’s suburbs, where many Latino have relocated. The overcrowding caused taxes to go up every two years on a referendum. Old folks who lived in the same house for 40/50 years were being taxed out of a house they paid for many years previous. When overcrowding became a concern with the high school I graduated from, we lost what was called the Little Theatre where drama classes were held. Next, the kids were placed in some hallways and vacant rooms. The Latino community caused the overflow, and the school had to be added on to. Guess who paid for that? It was not them because they were not home owners. Then long after my graduation and that of our two older kids, taxes went up to the point where most inner city folks moved on or moved out .

About five years ago, the city fought with local gangs to a point where it was almost non stop. 19 Latino kids died that year due to gang rivalry issues. Women were not safe at the Mall at night, and cops warned them to always walk out in a group and watch all around you. Most of those Malls were patrolled by cops but they couldn’t be everywhere. Today, the city I am from is 76% percent Latino. The majority are on state aid, free school lunches, free clinics and I could go on and on. But you get the point. This is what is going to happen everywhere, and you will not be exempt.

And how can an “Illegal” come here legally?

As for blacks as you mentioned above. That’s a whole *nuther story. Where would you like to deport blacks to? They are Americans in spite of their gangish ways.

And Hell’s Angels? Don’t make me laugh. Your comparison is null and void!

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168933 Jul 4, 2014
DemocRATS wrote:
<quoted text>
And here comes the Rhetoric :D
DemocRATS

United States

#168934 Jul 4, 2014
Someone asked me the other night if I was back on a MOBILE again ...??

I was always posting on a cell phone ...I have computer but my relative is working for a cell phone company and part of a company benefits, we have among us 3 cell phones with all features and a internet for a $38.00 a month (all 3)...

To change your 'name' you don't have to 'jump' from device to device. You simply go to NAME (appears on your post) and change your name any time you want to...

I have a computer but have to attach my phone to it to use the computer and it's too much hassle. This way it's easier.

I hope I answered 'your' question.

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168935 Jul 4, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago, Illinois count?
And it’s suburbs, where many Latino have relocated. The overcrowding caused taxes to go up every two years on a referendum. Old folks who lived in the same house for 40/50 years were being taxed out of a house they paid for many years previous. When overcrowding became a concern with the high school I graduated from, we lost what was called the Little Theatre where drama classes were held. Next, the kids were placed in some hallways and vacant rooms. The Latino community caused the overflow, and the school had to be added on to. Guess who paid for that? It was not them because they were not home owners. Then long after my graduation and that of our two older kids, taxes went up to the point where most inner city folks moved on or moved out .
About five years ago, the city fought with local gangs to a point where it was almost non stop. 19 Latino kids died that year due to gang rivalry issues. Women were not safe at the Mall at night, and cops warned them to always walk out in a group and watch all around you. Most of those Malls were patrolled by cops but they couldn’t be everywhere. Today, the city I am from is 76% percent Latino. The majority are on state aid, free school lunches, free clinics and I could go on and on. But you get the point. This is what is going to happen everywhere, and you will not be exempt.
And how can an “Illegal” come here legally?
As for blacks as you mentioned above. That’s a whole *nuther story. Where would you like to deport blacks to? They are Americans in spite of their gangish ways.
And Hell’s Angels? Don’t make me laugh. Your comparison is null and void!
Sounds like some big city issues from a racist point of view.with some Anecdotal Evidence evidence thrown in for good luck.:P
http://www.livescience.com/4872-immigration-r...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/immi...
http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0...
http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs...
http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/a...

"How can an illegal come here legally?"
Simple. They board a plane. ride in their car, or walk here with the proper visa's, passport and/or documentation, and stay longer than legally allowed.
Jay

Paris, TN

#168936 Jul 4, 2014
<quoted text>
So less than a billion total.
How is it funded? What is the money used for? How is it dispersed?
Important questions to answer before cutting the funds.
I may just agree with you if you can convince me that cutting the funds will help fix the problem and not just make a bad situation worse.

You have a problem with doing your own research? Stop for a minute and get your head out of the sand. You are oblivious to the fact that gang related issues are rampant in Arizona - for example? Do you not listen to Sheriff Joe or Governor Jan Brewer tell you how bad the situation is? How she has been begging Obama to do something to stop the mess out there. Can you people ever get past the liberal news propaganda and see what's really happening to our cities with this over extended population of illegal foreigners?

Guess not!
DemocRATS

United States

#168937 Jul 4, 2014
Enjoy the FIREWORKS ...!!!!!

GOD
BLESS
AMERICA
MY
HOME
SWEET
HOME ...!!

Good Night *PATRIOTS* <3 !!!

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168938 Jul 4, 2014
LOL its late and I got a bit of a 4th of July buzz ,
Im repeating myself:P
"Anecdotal Evidence evidence"

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#168939 Jul 4, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with doing your own research? Stop for a minute and get your head out of the sand. You are oblivious to the fact that gang related issues are rampant in Arizona - for example? Do you not listen to Sheriff Joe or Governor Jan Brewer tell you how bad the situation is? How she has been begging Obama to do something to stop the mess out there. Can you people ever get past the liberal news propaganda and see what's really happening to our cities with this over extended population of illegal foreigners?
Guess not!
"You have a problem with doing your own research?"
Not at all, even for YOUR contentions :P
My problem is that I am reaching different conclusions. I thought perhaps YOUR research could clear up the issue for me .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min Malcolm 141,345
Is the Knox co courthouse still performing marr... 1 hr Right 8
is someone missing a phone from waterpark lastweek 1 hr U moron 2
Yard Sale 1 hr I no 2
support unite (Sep '08) 1 hr Neighbor 78
Things to do in Barbourville 1 hr Johnny mills 20
parkway pharmacy 2 hr wandering 1
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 4 hr TJust Saying 35
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages