'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
136,161 - 136,180 of 147,081 Comments Last updated 59 min ago

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

I'm sorry to slander your captain, but Rand Paul has got to do something with the hair.....yikes!

tofy

“J' accuse”

Since: Oct 07

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
prospects even grimmer than before.
Revolution on the Horizon
By the late 1780s, it was becoming increasingly clear that the system in place under the Old Regime in France simply could not last. It was too irresponsible and oppressed too many people. Furthermore, as the result of the Enlightenment, secularism was spreading in France, religious thought was becoming divided, and the religious justifications for rule—divine right and absolutism—were losing credibility. The aristocracy and royalty, however, ignored these progressive trends in French thought and society. Rather, the royals and nobles adhered even more firmly to tradition and archaic law. As it would turn out, their intractability would cost them everything that they were trying to preserve.
The Bourgeoisie
Although many accounts of the French Revolution focus on the French peasantry’s grievances—rising food prices, disadvantageous feudal contracts, and general mistreatment at the hands of the aristocracy—these factors actually played a limited role in inciting the Revolution. For all of the hardships that they endured, it wasn’t the peasants who jump-started the Revolution. Rather, it was the wealthy commoners—the bourgeoisie—who objected most vocally to the subpar treatment they were receiving. The bourgeoisie were generally hardworking, educated men who were well versed in the enlightened thought of the time. Although many of the wealthier members of the bourgeoisie had more money than some of the French nobles, they lacked elite titles and thus were subjected to the same treatment and taxation as even the poorest peasants. It was the bourgeoisie that would really act as a catalyst for the Revolution, and once they started to act, the peasants were soon to follow.
http://www.sparknotes.com/history/european/fr...
These Bourgeoisie people are like todays middleclass and working poor. I take it they got tired of carrying the load while their 1% lived like royalty.
You are seriously confused, if we have a revolution it will be to throw the liberal elitists bums out once and for all. No rich person is keeping any of these welfare slugs down, they're free to succeed as far as their talent, initiative, drive, hard work, etc. will take them.

What you and all libs expect is for someone else to give you a great paying job you don't deserve. I've been poor, I started very poor, I didn't like it and i did something about it.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
easy as fetus juggling...but it's bedtime
good night all
Ron Paul 2012
Good night Calvin.

Here is the fallout from turtleman not checking his political ads and making a big ass of himself:

University of Kentucky Sends Cease and Desist Letter to Mitch McConnell

The University of Kentucky has released a statement concerning Senator Mitch McConnell using footage of Julius Randle in an advertisement.

McConnell’s campaign replaced the Duke footage that was mistakenly put into an ad with the above Randle picture.

The University of Kentucky consulted with the NCAA earlier today regarding footage of Julius Randle in a Mitch McConnell advertisement. Although the use of the student-athlete’s image in the advertisement is not permissible, because it was done without the knowledge or permission of the university or the student-athlete, it is not an NCAA violation. The University of Kentucky has sent a cease and desist letter and will continue to take appropriate measures to ensure improper usage of a student-athlete’s name, image or likeness is prevented.

http://www.nationofblue.com/university-of-ken...

So much for that UL law degree. He also went to UK.

Pretty bad when he offends blacks, Hispanics, women, Veterans and the BIG BLUE NATION.

hahaha UK Fanatics won't forget. haha

GO CATS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Perhaps I'm always the optimist, I see a "Big Blue Marble" you see a cold @$$ rock...
I see Capitalism and you see robber barrons, I see Appachia, you see dirt floor poor.
I say less government and you say More, more, MORE!
Hey Jude...don't carry the world upon you shoulder...don't you know it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
grow some little rock balls, naked man man...how old is the Earth?

Appachia???
barrons???

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
By the late 1780s, it was becoming increasingly clear that the system in place under the Old Regime in France simply could not last. It was too irresponsible and oppressed too many people. Furthermore, as the result of the Enlightenment, secularism was spreading in France, religious thought was becoming divided, and the religious justifications for rule—divine right and absolutism—were losing credibility. The aristocracy and royalty, however, ignored these progressive trends in French thought and society. Rather, the royals and nobles adhered even more firmly to tradition and archaic law. As it would turn out, their intractability would cost them everything that they were trying to preserve.
The Bourgeoisie
Although many accounts of the French Revolution focus on the French peasantry’s grievances—rising food prices, disadvantageous feudal contracts, and general mistreatment at the hands of the aristocracy—these factors actually played a limited role in inciting the Revolution. For all of the hardships that they endured, it wasn’t the peasants who jump-started the Revolution. Rather, it was the wealthy commoners—the bourgeoisie—who objected most vocally to the subpar treatment they were receiving. The bourgeoisie were generally hardworking, educated men who were well versed in the enlightened thought of the time. Although many of the wealthier members of the bourgeoisie had more money than some of the French nobles, they lacked elite titles and thus were subjected to the same treatment and taxation as even the poorest peasants. It was the bourgeoisie that would really act as a catalyst for the Revolution, and once they started to act, the peasants were soon to follow.
These Bourgeoisie people are like todays middleclass and working poor. I take it they got tired of carrying the load while their 1% lived like royalty.
What you and other ignorant libs want has already happened, it happened in the USSR, in Cuba, in N. Korea, in China. In fact it happened in Venezuela, is happening now and venezuela is a disaster, try getting ALL the news, I suggest Fox.

Shortages of food, of toilet paper, the basic necessities, that's what YOUR revolution would get us, complete collapse of the economy. In a oil rich nation.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of the French revolution, you just proved it. For starters we have no kings, dukes, etc. What we do have now is a president and a Senate leader who have done absolutely nothing to increase employment. In fact, they stifle job creation at every turn.
Economics doesn't change based on the form of Government. The French economy of 1789 was very similar to ours and for the same reasons......Educate yourself.....

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
The Bourgeoisie
Now that you're an "expert" on France, I suggest you make yourself an expert on Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.
Commietator

Hanson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>No resemblance what so ever, this one item proves you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.

WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...

allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:

• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.

Collected taxes :$794 billion

The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!

The above data was provided by Turbo

Whether you like it or not, the rich, the productive, the innovators, etc. are responsible for the luxurious lifestyle you live.
There you go again. Why does your dumbass think the top pays most of the taxes? They get most of the money Dumbdumb. The top 1% gets 19% of all income. The top 10% gets 50% of all income. The top 20% get 80% of all income each year. So would do you want paying the taxes? The 20% getting 80% of all the income or the 80% of wage earners getting the left over 20% of income
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text> Is it sacrilege to say thank God it's Friday?
When Sunday is the day of rest?
baba black sheep!
You're about as smart as a turnip!
tofy
Good evening tofy. Love this posts as well as the others. Hope you are having a peaceful night.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you I will cast my vote when the time comes.
In the meantime you could at least accept some reality, Il Douche, Reid and the dems have failed us massively. If not for the demorat authored mortgage meltdown this empty suit could never have been elected.

They have given us trillion dollar deficits, no jobs and the rich getting even richer.

The one thing that Il Douche could do to create some actual jobs he refuse to do.

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Hola preciosa!

ysp tofy

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
No resemblance what so ever, this one item proves you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion
The bottom 50% of American taxpayers paid only 7.89 % of all Federal taxes collected !!
The above data was provided by Turbo
Whether you like it or not, the rich, the productive, the innovators, etc. are responsible for the luxurious lifestyle you live.
The French system was basically the same as ours. Read a History Book.

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening tofy. Love this posts as well as the others. Hope you are having a peaceful night.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Thanks R!
I've seen enough turnips to know one.....lol
PEACE to you my friend
tofy

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
In addition, the eighteenth century saw the intrusion of capitalism into everyday life. Thanks to a large expansion of overseas trade and a longer-term development of domestic trade, the money economy experienced continued growth. Although self-sufficiency or local exchange remained the preponderant way of economic life, these incursions of capitalism began drawing everyone into some form of regional and even international exchange
http://chnm.gmu.edu/revolution/chap1a.html
I would have never guessed capitalism to be one of the causes of the French Revolution.
For most of our existence, 90% of us lived on small farms, barely having enough to eat, never venturing further than 10 miles from the place of our birth, the industrial revolution and capitalism changed all of that. They enabled you and I to live in the virtual paradise many of us live in, Even our poor are rich by the standards of billions of others on this planet.

If you're going to study history, you should study all of it.

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously confused, if we have a revolution it will be to throw the liberal elitists bums out once and for all. No rich person is keeping any of these welfare slugs down, they're free to succeed as far as their talent, initiative, drive, hard work, etc. will take them.
What you and all libs expect is for someone else to give you a great paying job you don't deserve. I've been poor, I started very poor, I didn't like it and i did something about it.
When our Economy collapses you'll be doing the same as everybody else. Without.

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>You cant see the comparison?
Sorry, old timer, there's nothing to see. Our founders would be disgusted by the policies of today's demorats.

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm reading the tea leaves right my clueless topix friend its only going to get worse much, much worse.
With Il Douche in power, you're right, I have very high hopes for November however. The demorats have NOTHING to run on.

What can they brag about?

The anemic economy?

The lack of jobs?

The high cost of food and gas?

Our "success" in the mideast?
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Ms R...I saw it,
I loved the Colbert, Carter interview.
you got here just in time, I spanked them and sent them to bed without their suppers, but Teahad has a poopy diaper.....sorry
Yes you did. Quite witty. Thanks for the laughs. I thought I would stop in and show what an ignorant fool our career politician turtleman is. Still laughing. Plan on being in my big comfy bed they obsess about and watching Comedy Central.

I especially liked what President Carter said about women and the Bible.

That teahadist Dorothy is full of goatshit. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
For most of our existence, 90% of us lived on small farms, barely having enough to eat, never venturing further than 10 miles from the place of our birth, the industrial revolution and capitalism changed all of that. They enabled you and I to live in the virtual paradise many of us live in, Even our poor are rich by the standards of billions of others on this planet.
If you're going to study history, you should study all of it.
Explains your ignorance.

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Judged:

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>When our Economy collapses you'll be doing the same as everybody else. Without.
It may collapse and you can thank the dems and Il Douche for it. The stock market is a house of cards, propped up by the Feds hundreds of billions and Il Douche's trillion dollar deficits.
Somehow I've always managed, on my own, I might add.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillip Roark & Amy 48 min concerned 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr justice_- 129,005
dizzyone1313 2 hr I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 2 hr my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 2 hr my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 3 hr Jason 3
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 3 hr blind one 10
john sowders 4 hr truth be told 5