'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 262096 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Commietator

Madisonville, KY

#158024 Mar 22, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>Rand Paul is looking very Presidential, who will his running mate be? Dr. Carson or Allen West?
I'd make it West. He's a commie hunter.
Fed Up Again

Shelbyville, KY

#158025 Mar 22, 2014
freelancehobo wrote:
<quoted text>
You were doing ok till the end. then you sounded racist.
You must be one of dead people I see, all meat and no brain.

Since: Oct 09

#158026 Mar 22, 2014
RayOne wrote:
More than is known about B.H.Obama who was elected twice by an AmericanIdol vote.
(BigMistake)
<quoted text>
We are on the same page.
literally and figuratively!
Commietator

Madisonville, KY

#158027 Mar 22, 2014
Reaganomics: Start a billion dollar business from your parents garage.
Obamanomics: Blame Bush that you still live in your parents garage.

Perspective may change your point of view!
Hire 15 year old girls in China at..30/ hr to make you a billionaire after closing your American factory.
Want mean a thing to a Repub. They call it capitalism.

#158028 Mar 22, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd make it West. He's a commie hunter.
Yes Sheldon, I understand sarcasm. Did you know he is also a racist and an Imperial Wizard in the Kommie Kluber Klan?

#158030 Mar 22, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
Hire 15 year old girls in China at..30/ hr to make you a billionaire after closing your American factory.
Want mean a thing to a Repub. They call it capitalism.
You do know that Mexican /United States Border thing works both ways right?
Why is it all the homies that go across from our side come back to become even more CAPITALISTIC? ask Tofy what I mean.

FGO

United States

#158031 Mar 22, 2014
Amazing
Commietator

Madisonville, KY

#158035 Mar 22, 2014
American Lady wrote:
Capitalism ....

What the lil girl TRYING to sell mistletoe to buy something with ...

BUT
Couldn't ... Wasn't "allowed"

~~~~~~Tyranny~~~~~~
----------

YET ... beside where she was set up, was someone BEGGING ...
Freeloaders! She COULD HAVE done that!

Was "allowed" ...
What the hell? Too many meds or not enough?

#158036 Mar 22, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Y-e-a-h ...
'tofy' would be loving this ...
Too bad he doesn't live near there ...
~~~~~~~~~~
Plane carrying marijuana crashes near San Diego
The Associated Press March 22, 2014
SAN DIEGO Authorities say an ultralight aircraft carrying about 250 pounds of marijuana has crashed in the mountains east of San Diego, but there's no sign of the pilot.
The downed plane was discovered Friday morning by U.S. Customs and Border Protection during a routine air patrol.
http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/03/22/3837161/p...
;~)
Looks like he tried to land and missed it........>..........< by that much!

republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158037 Mar 22, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>If I live in a country based on liberty and freedom, why can't I discriminate against other people? Discrimination is the act of choice. If I choose to associate or not to associate with a person I am exercising my right of free association. If leftists such as yourself really believed in freedom and liberty, they would respect free association rights which includes the right to associate or not associate. My right to discriminate is based on my free association rights. If you really respected liberty and free association, you should tolerate associations or non -ssociations that you find offensive as much as those associations you support.
WELL it's like this, I live in the same country and believe you have the choice to be a racist and bigoted if you choose. I also believe YOU should OBEY THE LAW.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#158038 Mar 22, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL it's like this, I live in the same country and believe you have the choice to be a racist and bigoted if you choose. I also believe YOU should OBEY THE LAW.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Why don't you think illegals should obey the law?
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158042 Mar 22, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven FACT
We have the lowest job participation rate since Jimmy Carter in 1978
Prove it sockboy. Post us the statistics. We know the DEMS create more jobs, we do know there aren't many for the soldiers done with the TWO WAtRS, we do know repukes send their jobs overseas to avoid paying decent wages, let alone benefits, we know baby boomersare leaving the workplace and repukes are cutting those positions...so why do YOU think that is a so called fact? Please post sources not your opinion which doesn't mean shit.

Injudgement"quoted:

Republicans

Richard Nixon: Increase of 7.1 million jobs
Gerald Ford: Increase of 1.3 million jobs
Ronald Reagan: Increase of 14.7 million jobs
George H.W. Bush: Increase of 1.5 million jobs
George W. Bush: Decline of 646,000 jobs
Total: Increase of 23.9 million jobs under Republican presidents

Democrats

John F. Kennedy: Increase of 2.7 million jobs
Lyndon B. Johnson: Increase of 9.5 million jobs
Jimmy Carter: Increase of 9.0 million jobs
Bill Clinton: Increase of 20.8 million jobs
Barack Obama: Increase of 1.2 million jobs
Total: Increase of 43.2 million jobs.
Total: Increase of 43.2 million jobs under Democrat Presidents
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost ....
http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/ ...

Keep trying loser lemming sock troll.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158043 Mar 22, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you think illegals should obey the law?
Never said they shouldn't. Everyone should obey the US laws if they are here. PERIOD.

Why didn't your repukes take care of the illegals?

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#158044 Mar 22, 2014
American Lady wrote:
Plus:
Secret Agent Man and the one with Ben Gazzara ...
Me too! Watching MacGyver season 1 reruns on a split screen now!

#158045 Mar 22, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said they shouldn't. Everyone should obey the US laws if they are here. PERIOD.
Why didn't your repukes take care of the illegals?
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
How do you rectify the DNC trying to push voting laws with no photo ID so illegals can vote?
(if you think everyone should obey the law?)
Shouldn't we round them up when hundreds gather to protest Immigration/Deportation legislation?
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158046 Mar 22, 2014
<quoted text>
It's NOT who created or who was running the NSA...
****@@@@IT'S how it WAS andIS BEING USED@@@@****
BIG F#@$&ing difference!
***@@@BUSH administration and agencies used it to spy on possible TERRORIST'S!@@@***
*@@@OBAMA and Holder use it to spy on ALL AMERICANS who OPPOSE HIM!@@@*
THEY even ease drop on foreign heads of state and ambassadors!
NO ONE CAN DEFEND HOW OBAMA IS and HAS ABUSED HIS POWERS!
YOU must have some serious gangrene / Meningococcemia !
That would make you a "Dead Head"!
Maybe that was a result of your goat$#it accident skull fracture and resulting bacterial infection?
Damn sockboy, ya been been drinking or sucking chemtrail fog like your circus clowns dead heads? Stomping keys in anger? hahaha You are so full of goatshit, Obama hasn't done anything those three sneaky bastards..bush/cheney/rumsfiel d did. Bet GW did worse.

Bush-Cheney began illegal NSA spying before 9/11, says telcom CEO

The Bush administration bypassed the law requiring such actions to be authorized by FISA court warrants, the body set up in the Seventies to oversee Executive Branch spying powers after abuses by Richard Nixon. Former QWest CEO John Nacchios said that at a meeting with the NSA on February 27, 2001, he and other QWest officials declined to participate. AT&T, Verizon and Bellsouth all agreed to shunt customer communications records to an NSA database.

In 2007 the Denver Post reported:

"Nacchio suggested that the NSA sought phone, Internet and other customer records from Qwest in early 2001. When he refused to hand over the information, the agency retaliated by not granting lucrative contracts to the Denver-based company, he claimed."

Other sources corroborate the former CEO's allegations, which were made in the course of his legal defense against insider trading charges. Both Slate.com and National Journal have published reports in which sources are quoted which support the former CEO's claims.
The Bush-Cheney administration fought fiercely to pass legislation which granted
telecommunications companies immunity from prosecution for violating Americans' Fourth Amendment rights under the Constitution. The legislation was passed in 2008. UK Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald argued that the unprecedented "retroactive" immunity would also give the Bush administration immunity as well, by preventing lawsuits from moving forward into the discovery phase, where wrongdoing was likely to be uncovered.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/352455#ixzz...

You may be a republiCON fauxbox pundit or Partisan Hack:

Hannity under Bush"

"Our techniques are working. We've got the NSA Program here, we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know...it's staggering to me that we are even debating the use of these techniques in country even at this time."

Hannity under Obama:
"Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone"
"These actions by the Obama Administration are clear, very clear violation of the Fourth Amendment.'

Where was your outrage then dumbass?

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158047 Mar 22, 2014
Bush says he signed NSA wiretap order

Adds he OK'd program more than 30 times, will continue to do so

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In acknowledging the message was true, President Bush took aim at the messenger Saturday, saying that a newspaper jeopardized national security by revealing that he authorized wiretaps on U.S. citizens after September 11.
After The New York Times reported, and CNN confirmed, a claim that Bush gave the National Security Agency license to eavesdrop on Americans communicating with people overseas, the president said that his actions were permissible, but that leaking the revelation to the media was illegal.

During an unusual live, on-camera version of his weekly radio address, Bush said such authorization is "fully consistent" with his "constitutional responsibilities and authorities." (Watch Bush explain why he 'authorized the National Security Agency ... to intercept'-- 4:29)
Bush added: "Yesterday the existence of this secret program was revealed in media reports, after being improperly provided to news organizations. As a result, our enemies have learned information they should not have, and the unauthorized disclosure of this effort damages our national security and puts our citizens at risk."
He acknowledged during the address that he allowed the NSA "to intercept the international communications of people with known links to al Qaeda and related terrorist organizations."

The highly classified program was crucial to national security and designed "to detect and prevent terrorist attacks," he added.(Transcript)

The NSA eavesdrops on billions of communications worldwide. Although the NSA is barred from domestic spying, it can get warrants issued with the permission of a special court called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Court.

The court is set up specifically to issue warrants allowing wiretapping on domestic soil.

'Sad day'

After hearing Bush's response, Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wisconsin, said there was no law allowing the president's actions and that "it's a sad day."

"He's trying to claim somehow that the authorization for the Afghanistan attack after 9/11 permitted this, and that's just absurd," Feingold said. "There's not a single senator or member of Congress who thought we were authorizing wiretaps."

He added that the law clearly lays out how to obtain permission for wiretaps.

"If he needs a wiretap, the authority is already there -- the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act," Feingold said. "They can ask for a warrant to do that, and even if there's an emergency situation, they can go for 72 hours as long as they give notice at the end of 72 hours."
Bush defended signing the order by saying that two of the September 11 hijackers who flew the plane into the Pentagon -- Khalid Almihdhar and Nawaf Alhazmi -- "communicated while they were in the United States to other members of al Qaeda who were overseas, but we didn't know they were here until it was too late."

He said the authorizations have made it "more likely that killers like these 9/11 hijackers will be identified and located in time, and the activities conducted under this authorization have helped detect and prevent possible terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad."

Re-authorized 30 times

Sources with knowledge of the program told CNN on Friday that Bush signed the secret order in 2002. The sources refused to be identified because the program is classified.

Bush, however, said he authorized the program on several occasions since the September 11 attacks and that he plans on doing it again.
"I have re-authorized this program more than 30 times," he said. "I intend to do so for as long as our nation faces a continuing threat from al Qaeda and related groups."

CONtinued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158048 Mar 22, 2014
The New York Times had not responded to Bush's allegations that the paper endangered national security as of Saturday afternoon.

But in a Friday statement, Executive Editor Bill Keller said the newspaper postponed publication of the article for a year at the White House's request, while editors pondered the national security issues surrounding the release of the information.

But after considering the legal and civil liberties aspects, and determining that the story could be written without jeopardizing intelligence operations, the paper ran the story, Keller said, emphasizing that information about many NSA eavesdropping operations is public record.

CNN has not confirmed the exact wording of the president's order.
The political ramifications of the newspaper's report were felt even before Bush acknowledged the report's veracity.

Senators contemplating a vote Friday on whether to renew some controversial portions of the Patriot Act used The New York Times' report as evidence that the government could not be trusted with the broad powers laid out in the act.(Read about the Patriot Act vote)
In particular, Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pennsylvania, said such behavior by the executive branch "can't be condoned," and Sen. Charles Schumer, D-New York, said the report swayed his decision on the Patriot Act proposal.

"Today's revelation that the government listened in on thousands of phone conversations without getting a warrant is shocking and has greatly influenced my vote," Schumer said. "Today's revelation makes it very clear that we have to be very careful -- very careful."
Specter, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, added Friday that his committee would immediately begin investigating the matter.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/17/bush.n...

Repuke HYPOCRITES

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Well

Hyden, KY

#158050 Mar 22, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I disagree with laws that force property owners to have associations with other people whom they do not wish to associate. If a property owner refused me service at his restaurant, declined to rent an apartment to me, or refused to cater a wedding for me, for any reason or no particular reason, my rights have not been violated. I find it far more offensive that he be made to deal with me under threat of government pain and punishment than his being racist or bigoted toward me. So, how can a person have a choice to be a racist or a bigot when exercising that choice with respect to his property will land him in jail? If I were ever to sit on a jury case where a property owner is being prosecuted for discrimination that comes as a result of his exercise of property and free association rights, I would view the person as not guilty of a crime that violated the property rights of another person and would vote to acquit.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158051 Mar 22, 2014
<quoted text>
How do you rectify the DNC trying to push voting laws with no photo ID so illegals can vote?
(if you think everyone should obey the law?)
Shouldn't we round them up when hundreds gather to protest Immigration/Deportation legislation?
Actually I think EVERYone should show photo ID when voting. I have to show mine while they scan down the line of names until they see mine, they turn it around and I have to sign on the line before getting my ballot or using the machine. How's that a surprise for you ariscock?

Round them up like cattle and give them and their America children a ride to the border? We know that is what repukes want. You didn't answer my question as usual, why didn't the repukes take care of the illegals the 8 years they had the chance? Yeah, you got NOTHING.

I don't agree with EVERYthing the DEMS do, but I do most of the time.

I would rather be a liberal than a teabagger CON.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Strel 161,062
Looking For A Big Beautiful Woman 26 min TrueDat 34
I need to know something 57 min Need some happy 5
Lindsey Lancaster 1 hr Terry vaughn 2
Preachers That Allow Drug Users In the Pulpit 1 hr Ethan 7
what are they building 1 hr duh 9
Fwb 2 hr ThatsTheTruth 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages