'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Feb 14

#153053 Mar 3, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction...he is arisock's puppet. Notice when ever we slam him with the truth and proof of his antics he brings out his "foreign" socks like vern etc ...those socks from the past hailed from Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, and his numerous Anonymous Proxy. So obvious. haha He is a pathetic loser lemming tool.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Did your village Witch Doctor tell you that your paranoia may be induced by your recreational drug use?
SCA

Johnson City, TN

#153055 Mar 3, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Rand Paul in crosshairs of tax evasion war
When a bipartisan Senate panel last week lambasted Swiss bank Credit Suisse for helping rich Americans evade billions in taxes, some watching the high-profile hearing couldn’t help but notice an elephant in the room.
That is, Sen. Rand Paul.
The connection? Paul for years has single-handedly blocked an obscure U.S.-Swiss tax treaty that lawmakers, prosecutors, diplomats and banks say makes the difference between U.S. law enforcement rooting out the names of a few hundred fat-cat tax evaders — and many thousands more.
Kentucky’s tea party darling says the treaty infringes on privacy rights. But his critics say Paul’s hold just hamstrings the Justice Department’s tax evasion work.
“Credit Suisse is ready, at this moment, to provide the additional information about Swiss accounts requested by U.S. authorities but has been unable to do so because the U.S. Senate has not yet ratified the protocol,” said Credit Suisse CEO Brady Dougan at a hearing on the topic Wednesday — just after admitting his institution helped Americans evade taxes.
Paul’s hold came to a head on Wednesday as the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations’ leaders, Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), released an inch-thick report chiding the Justice Department for not using all the “tools in the toolbox” to catch Americans eluding the IRS. They called out Credit Suisse as a prime example.
Reasons aside, Paul’s critics say his rationale doesn’t change the fact that his hold has hampered the Justice Department’s efforts to hold tax cheats accountable.
“He’s concerned about protecting tax evaders? I don’t quite understand that,” said Catherine Schultz, vice president of tax policy for the National Foreign Trade Council, a business group lobbying hard to get the tax treaties moving again in the Senate.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/rand-pa...
You might be a republiCON if
You started evading taxes with an offshore account and support cutting veterans' benefits because you are a patriot
RIP GOP
HILLARY 2016
ALISON 2014
DITCH MITCH
So Obama is a Republican? He is a damn big disgrace to our party!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#153056 Mar 3, 2014
Hate to tell you this , but it only makes sense to avoid taxes legally-- if you can!! So moving one`s money to where it is safe , draws income, and pays no taxes is not so bad, or, would it be? Most of the ones there, pay far more taxes because they have money.

Ask Harry Reid, because he lied about Mitt Romney`s taxes.
Uncle Tab

United States

#153057 Mar 3, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Rand Paul in crosshairs of tax evasion war

When a bipartisan Senate panel last week lambasted Swiss bank Credit Suisse for helping rich Americans evade billions in taxes, some watching the high-profile hearing couldnÂ’t help but notice an elephant in the room.

That is, Sen. Rand Paul.

The connection? Paul for years has single-handedly blocked an obscure U.S.-Swiss tax treaty that lawmakers, prosecutors, diplomats and banks say makes the difference between U.S. law enforcement rooting out the names of a few hundred fat-cat tax evaders — and many thousands more.

KentuckyÂ’s tea party darling says the treaty infringes on privacy rights. But his critics say PaulÂ’s hold just hamstrings the Justice DepartmentÂ’s tax evasion work.

“Credit Suisse is ready, at this moment, to provide the additional information about Swiss accounts requested by U.S. authorities but has been unable to do so because the U.S. Senate has not yet ratified the protocol,” said Credit Suisse CEO Brady Dougan at a hearing on the topic Wednesday — just after admitting his institution helped Americans evade taxes.

Paul’s hold came to a head on Wednesday as the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations’ leaders, Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), released an inch-thick report chiding the Justice Department for not using all the “tools in the toolbox” to catch Americans eluding the IRS. They called out Credit Suisse as a prime example.

Reasons aside, PaulÂ’s critics say his rationale doesnÂ’t change the fact that his hold has hampered the Justice DepartmentÂ’s efforts to hold tax cheats accountable.

“He’s concerned about protecting tax evaders? I don’t quite understand that,” said Catherine Schultz, vice president of tax policy for the National Foreign Trade Council, a business group lobbying hard to get the tax treaties moving again in the Senate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/rand-pa...

You might be a republiCON if

You started evading taxes with an offshore account and support cutting veterans' benefits because you are a patriot

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
Can't change those facts.

Great information. And as we already know, since its fact, low IQ GOP voters will run from it.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153059 Mar 3, 2014
Mr_DoctorProfessor152 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your village Witch Doctor tell you that your paranoia may be induced by your recreational drug use?
HAHAHA, Spin those proxies sockboy. Keep up, you didn't have that KY location when you were doing your Feb 14 socks. I don't don't drink or do drugs, you must have me mixed up with the lisa loon booze hound that calls Alex Jones. haha I think you are just naturally demented like your goatshit buddy. You two should get you some OBAMAcare. They don't discriminated now for your pre-existing condition. Your 2013 socks were more creative. Maybe your meds need adjusted.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Spin and stomp away loser lemming sock
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153061 Mar 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:
Hate to tell you this , but it only makes sense to avoid taxes legally-- if you can!! So moving one`s money to where it is safe , draws income, and pays no taxes is not so bad, or, would it be? Most of the ones there, pay far more taxes because they have money.
Yep, glad to see you admit it. You teabagger CONS think it okay to break the law because you are a bunch of crooks and cheats. Tax evasion, treason, racism, bigotry, the list goes on and on. Proven everyday in the news and by your ignorant lemming tools here. Thanks for the votes teabagger.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#153062 Mar 3, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't the world be in a world of shit if we reduced our military to 1939 strength, let the G-6 take care of their problems.
The US could reduce military spend by $515 billion per year and still spend more than any nation on earth. It could cut military spending over $90 Billion and still out spend the next 9 nations combined.
.The number are BILLIONS per year:

1 United States United States 682.0
2 China People's Republic of China 166.0
3 Russia 90.7
4 United Kingdom United Kingdom 60.8
5 Japan Japan 59.3
6 France France 58.9
7 Saudi Arabia Saudi 56.7
8 India India 46.1
9 Germany 45.8
10 Italy 34.0
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153063 Mar 3, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't change those facts.
Great information. And as we already know, since its fact, low IQ GOP voters will run from it.
Old turtleman and romneycare probably showed him the ropes to hide his money too. What a bunch of hypocrites. I bet the Justice Dept trumps what ole GRANDrand thinks. They are working on it.

That's why I always say:

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA, and $$$$$$$$$$

DEM = PEOPLE

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#153064 Mar 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:

This is the republican mindset.

If you don't like what we do in this country, do somewhere else old man.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153065 Mar 3, 2014
Kentucky Baptist churches giving away guns to lure ‘unchurched men’ to Jesus

The Kentucky Baptist Convention is organizing gun giveaways across the state in an effort to help “unchurched men” find Jesus Christ.
Chuck McAlister, a former Outdoor Channel hunting show host who is in charge of the effort, told The Courier-Journal that 1,678 men have already made “professions of faith” at “Second Amendment Celebrations,” where they showed up hoping to get guns as door prizes in the last year.

On Thursday, Lone Oak Baptist Church in Paducah was planning to giveaway another 25 handguns and shotguns. And organizers expected as many as 1,000 people to attend.

“The day of hanging a banner in front of your church and saying you’re having a revival and expecting the community to show up is over,” McAlister explained to the paper.“You have to know the hook that will attract people, and hunting is huge in Kentucky… So we get in there and burp and scratch and talk about the right to bear arms and that stuff.”

The Courier-Journal points to an Internet video of McAlister speaking to Silverdale Baptist Church’s men’s wildlife supper last year in Tennessee last year. The 30 minute talk focuses on hunting and opposition to gun control, but makes little mention of Jesus or religion.
“How many of y’all own guns?” he asks the crowd.

“That is awesome,” McAlister responds to the raised hands.“We’ve got an army right here!”

The paper reported that 103 men made “salvation decisions” to accept Christ as their savior after the meeting.

But not everyone thinks that using guns to sell God is great idea.
“How ironic to use guns to lure men in to hear a message about Jesus, who said,‘Put away the sword,’” Highland Baptist Church pastor Rev. Joe Phelps said, adding that “Giveaways for God” seemed wrong.

“Can you picture Jesus giving away guns, or toasters or raffle tickets?” he asked.“He gave away bread once, but that was as a sign, not a sales pitch.”

New Union Church Pastor Nancy Jo Kemper agreed.

“Churches should not be encouraging people in their communities to arm themselves against their neighbors, but to love their neighbors, as instructed by Jesus,” she observed.“How terrible it would be if one of those guns given away at a church were to cause the death of an innocent victim.”

McAlister, however, defended the tactic, saying that giving away guns is different than giving away cash.

“You have to know the hook that attracts individuals,” he pointed out.“The number of unchurched that will show up at an event will be in direct proportion to the number of guns you give away. And I can almost tell you the number of men that will show up based on the make and model of the gun.”

Watch the video below from The Courier-Journal, broadcast March 3, 2014.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/03/kentuck...

"The Courier-Journal points to an Internet video of McAlister speaking to Silverdale Baptist Church’s men’s wildlife supper last year in Tennessee last year......(Crazy nuts in TN.)

But not everyone thinks that using guns to sell God is great idea
“Can you picture Jesus giving away guns, or toasters or raffle tickets?” he asked.“He gave away bread once, but that was as a sign, not a sales pitch.”" ( I agree)

Wonder if they are snake handlers too. hahaha Dumbasses

Ya think they do background checks? Or those "saved" get their gun and never come back. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153067 Mar 3, 2014
Sulfur reduction in gasoline another EPA rule for right-wingers to bellyache about:

The Environmental Protection Agency on Monday released a rulemaking to lower the amount of sulfur in gasoline and significantly reduce air pollution from automobile emissions.

According to EPA, the rule will slash atmospheric concentrations of smog and soot by requiring refiners to cut back on sulfur concentrations by more than 60 percent in gasoline blends. The standards also set limits on tailpipe emissions from automobiles.

"These standards are a win for public health, a win for our environment, and a win for our pocketbooks," EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said in a statement. "We're continuing to build on the Obama Administration's broader clean fuels and vehicles efforts that cut carbon pollution, clean the air we breathe, and save families money at the pump."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/energy/epa-str...

Glad we have EPA. Repukes don't care about the air, water, or the environment. Just big CORPS,

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153068 Mar 3, 2014
Sarah Palin, Shut Up – No, You Did Not “Predict” that Russia Would Invade Ukraine

How’s that saying go,“Even a broken clock is right twice a day”? Well, I would compare Sarah Palin to a broken clock, but I don’t want to insult the clock.

Since Palin first burst onto the scene in 2008, I pretty much always knew she was a babbling idiot. Sure, she plays well to crowds of imbeciles who fall prey to the “soccer mom” shtick she tries to portray herself as – but the reality is, she’s just not an intelligent person.
I’m sure many of you have heard that Sarah Palin made a “prediction” back in 2008 that if Obama was elected president, considering his stance on the Russian invasion of Georgia, that it would probably tempt Russia to invade Ukraine.

Heck, she even posted about it on her Facebook:

“Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as “an extremely far-fetched scenario” by the “high-brow” Foreign Policy magazine. Here’s what this “stupid”“insipid woman” predicted back in 2008:“After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next.”

Let’s not pretend like she used some intricate knowledge of foreign policies to come up with her “prediction.” All she did was utilize a situation that at the time was a fairly large conflict, then pointed out the next logical country with which Russia might do the same thing.

The situation in Ukraine has nothing to do with Obama being President of the United States. If that’s her stance, did Bush’s policies (and handling of foreign affairs) lead the Russian government to invade Georgia?

Because we can’t gloss over the fact that the Russian invasion of Georgia happened before Obama was elected president. So how could what caused Russia to invade Georgia be the same thing that has now led to Russia sending troops into Ukraine, considering these events happened under two different presidents?

(Side note: I love how she had to say the nation of Georgia. She was probably afraid that millions of conservatives might think Russia had invaded Atlanta – or that she thought the same.)

And let’s not forget that the unrest between eastern Europe and Russia has been going on for decades. This isn’t something that just magically sprung up in the last five years.

Palin’s comments, seemingly trying to take some kind of credit for this “prediction,” only serve the purpose of showcasing how much of a fool she really is. She cherry-picked one comment out of her thousands of absurd claims and is now trying to pass it off like she was some savant who knew exactly what would happen if Obama became president.

But the worst part is the conservative media (and conservative voters) are falling all over themselves to point out Palin’s “intelligence” by getting this “prediction” accurate.

Doesn’t this whole situation tell the story of just how ignorant this woman really is? After 5 years, she’s now basing her argument against her detractors completely on a claim with which she essentially just got lucky. One claim, one “prediction” out of thousands of absurd claims and predictions she made about President Obama.

Though I doubt she, and her millions of loyal followers, are intelligent enough to really understand that.

- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/sarah-pali...

Yes, I could see this one from Alaska,,,,,,hahahaha what a clown. She should run too. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Pooh ten

Marco, Italy

#153069 Mar 3, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction...he is arisock's puppet. Notice when ever we slam him with the truth and proof of his antics he brings out his "foreign" socks like vern etc ...those socks from the past hailed from Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, and his numerous Anonymous Proxy. So obvious. haha He is a pathetic loser lemming tool.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Correction! Cry baby.

Seems that you sniff way too much. Go play at the www.idiotsRyou.com site.

Or, www.Iamabutzsniffer.com that might be the better match for your type.
Pooh ten

Marco, Italy

#153070 Mar 3, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Sarah Palin, Shut Up – No, You Did Not “Predict” that Russia Would Invade Ukraine
How’s that saying go,“Even a broken clock is right twice a day”? Well, I would compare Sarah Palin to a broken clock, but I don’t want to insult the clock.
Since Palin first burst onto the scene in 2008, I pretty much always knew she was a babbling idiot. Sure, she plays well to crowds of imbeciles who fall prey to the “soccer mom” shtick she tries to portray herself as – but the reality is, she’s just not an intelligent person.
I’m sure many of you have heard that Sarah Palin made a “prediction” back in 2008 that if Obama was elected president, considering his stance on the Russian invasion of Georgia, that it would probably tempt Russia to invade Ukraine.
Heck, she even posted about it on her Facebook:
“Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as “an extremely far-fetched scenario” by the “high-brow” Foreign Policy magazine. Here’s what this “stupid”“insipid woman” predicted back in 2008:“After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next.”
Let’s not pretend like she used some intricate knowledge of foreign policies to come up with her “prediction.” All she did was utilize a situation that at the time was a fairly large conflict, then pointed out the next logical country with which Russia might do the same thing.
The situation in Ukraine has nothing to do with Obama being President of the United States. If that’s her stance, did Bush’s policies (and handling of foreign affairs) lead the Russian government to invade Georgia?
Because we can’t gloss over the fact that the Russian invasion of Georgia happened before Obama was elected president. So how could what caused Russia to invade Georgia be the same thing that has now led to Russia sending troops into Ukraine, considering these events happened under two different presidents?
(Side note: I love how she had to say the nation of Georgia. She was probably afraid that millions of conservatives might think Russia had invaded Atlanta – or that she thought the same.)
And let’s not forget that the unrest between eastern Europe and Russia has been going on for decades. This isn’t something that just magically sprung up in the last five years.
Palin’s comments, seemingly trying to take some kind of credit for this “prediction,” only serve the purpose of showcasing how much of a fool she really is. She cherry-picked one comment out of her thousands of absurd claims and is now trying to pass it off like she was some savant who knew exactly what would happen if Obama became president.
But the worst part is the conservative media (and conservative voters) are falling all over themselves to point out Palin’s “intelligence” by getting this “prediction” accurate.
Doesn’t this whole situation tell the story of just how ignorant this woman really is? After 5 years, she’s now basing her argument against her detractors completely on a claim with which she essentially just got lucky. One claim, one “prediction” out of thousands of absurd claims and predictions she made about President Obama.
Though I doubt she, and her millions of loyal followers, are intelligent enough to really understand that.
- See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/sarah-pali...
Yes, I could see this one from Alaska,,,,,,hahahaha what a clown. She should run too. hahaha
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
hahahaha whatta clown, YOU are a broken clock.

You can see Russia from Alaska!
Hilltee Chitoon

Marco, Italy

#153071 Mar 3, 2014
Dale wrote:
Well, guess I have spread enough hate and discontent through the "Evil Empire Party" for the day!!!
Good job Mr. Dale Bob!

Pay us visit again real soon, like soon-soon! It matters.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153072 Mar 3, 2014
Pooh ten wrote:
<quoted text>hahahaha whatta clown, YOU are a broken clock.
You can see Russia from Alaska!
Nah, that would be your dingbat, caribou Barbie quitter palin. Pay attention arivern.

Sarah Palin, Shut Up – No, You Did Not “Predict” that Russia Would Invade UkraineY

She can see Russia from her house...hahahaha

You clowns are hilarious.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153074 Mar 3, 2014
Dale wrote:
Well, guess I have spread enough hate and discontent through the "Evil Empire Party" for the day!!!
HAHA, that is what you teabagger CONS do best. Spread hate and discontent. The "gloom and doom" two parties are the evil party. Figure it out Dorothy.

Don't hurry back on our account with your babbling gibberish. We won't miss you and ari can always knit you a replacement.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153075 Mar 3, 2014
House GOP Votes To Take 'Consumer' Out Of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

WASHINGTON, Feb 27 (Reuters)- The Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill on Thursday to overhaul the U.S. consumer financial watchdog, although the politically charged legislation stands little chance of becoming law.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, or CFPB, was created as part of the 2010 Dodd-Frank law to help protect Americans from financial scams.

Republicans say the agency is unaccountable to lawmakers because its funding comes from the U.S. Federal Reserve, not congressional appropriations. Democrats, on the other hand, staunchly support the agency's independence.

House members voted 232-182 for a bill that would replace the bureau's director with a commission and subject it to the appropriations process.

Full article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/27/hous...

Anything to screw the consumer and protect BIG business. Typical repuke mentality. It will never pass the Senate. Bunch of dumbasses.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#153076 Mar 3, 2014
Guess you are on your own arivern. Have fun playing with yourself. I am out to dinner. Leave me some laughs for later circus clown lemmings.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

#153077 Mar 3, 2014
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

In 1867 U.S. purchased Alaska from RUSSIA for 2.7 million $$$...
Yes, you can see Russia from Alaska...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote Dry send our Money to Corbin !?!?!? 3 hr Interested person 2
New wet vote petition started today please sign... 3 hr Interested person 12
WET vote supported by Artemus church deacon 5 hr I wonder 2
Where to sign WET petition ?"??? 5 hr Dude 3
looking to buy a electric fence charger 6 hr beans 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,399
Keep our town DRY 8 hr Crack Kills 17
dinky phipps 10 hr literally 31
Romeo's Italian Resturant 10 hr Boozer 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News