'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
130,441 - 130,460 of 147,051 Comments Last updated 44 min ago

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Smaller government less spending is the Repubs talking point for years. Now that it's here you all bitch about it.
Why should America keep spending 20% of all its wealth on military? Why must America spend more than the next 10 nations combined on military? Do you think Canada is not a safe nation? They spend 3% of what the US spends. Don't hear an outcry from their citizens to spend more. May be why all their citizens have free healthcare and the US does not.

As far as "slashes" to benefits that is just one more Repub talking point. It is the COLA 1.3% for those that retire between the ages of 45 to 62. No benefits are cut, they simply do not receive as much raise during those years.
The one meaningful item in the constitution is to protect our nation and it's boarders. Our last two and current presidents have not obeyed their oath of office.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Cheney...."I got 5 Deferments from the Draft and never did report to the Army as required by Law"

Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Obama has a bogus selective service card.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Bush broke the Law, he committed Murder.
Sure pookie, when's the trial. Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Why did Fox News lie about Benghazi more than 85 Times?

Why did Fox News report live Sunday Feb. 23, 2014 that Jimmie Johnson had won the Daytona 500?

Why did Fox News Report dozens of times that Romney would win the 2012 POTUS Election by a huge Landslide?

Keep watching Fox tard boy.
In more important news. Obama continues to lie about sign ups, even after receiving four PINOCCHIO's

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm NOT the 'jail house queen'
BUT
I'll KEEP QUOTING WND.com
One of the BEST places to get the TRUTH on the net!
Whether 'you'
like it
or NOT ...!!!
;~)
Also try english.pravda.ru ...
Another 'good' place ...
You mean like when WND made the breaking news about Obama being born in Kenya? They feed the fools like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Still quoting World Nut Daily you Jail House Queen.
They are right on Obama's fraudulent COLB.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure pookie, when's the trial. Lol
Actually there are arrest warrants for Bush in different nations on the charges of War Crimes.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

You can tell when a bush is running for office when an ex President comes out of hiding to reach out to the Veterans from TWO WARS he started.

George Bush DARES to Claim He’s ‘In There With Them’ About Soldiers Fighting in Wars He Started (Video)

George W. Bush is taking a break from painting his feet to participate in one of his favorite pastimes: pretending to care about the troops. Despite that he was willing to use a national tragedy to engage America’s servicemen and women in an illegal war, Bush claims that he is saddened by the circumstances our veterans face as a result of his administration’s policies.
In a rare public appearance at a Military Service Initiative Summit Wednesday, Bush showed he cared for the troops by offering a solution to troop unemployment: Drop the ‘D” from “PTSD.” Since it would, according to Bush, then be classified as a treatable condition employers would be less likely to discriminate against those who suffer from it every day!

Problem solved!

He says that the George Bush Institute has launched an initiative to help veterans who are transitioning into civilian life after returning from his wars by encouraging them to stay in school and convincing employers to give veterans a chance with bold new initiatives like dropping a letter from an acronym.

In an interview that aired on ABC Monday, Martha Raddatz asked former President Bush if the new initiative helped him cope with the 6,800 American soldiers killed and 51,000 injured in his war. Unsurprisingly, he feels this helps make things even.“No question it helps,” Bush actually said.“I have a duty.”

As if his sudden opinion that he has a duty to those whose lives he has personally affected was not enough, Bush added,“I obviously get slightly emotional talking about our vets because I’m in there with them.”

He praised the attitude of veterans who maintain a positive attitude despite the damage his administration’s actions have caused.“But my spirit is also uplifted when I visit with vets. As I say, there is no self-pity… They don’t say,‘Woe is me.’ They say,‘What can I do to continue to serve?’”

http://aattp.org/george-bush-dares-to-claim-h...

Sad he waits for 12 years to shed a tear and be "there with them". Too little, too late. What a hypocrite. Watch lil bro make his 2016 announcement. hahaha Like the MAJORITY would vote another bush in office. Delusional repukes.

Bush actually said.“I have a duty.” hahaha, he just forgot about it I guess....hahaha He should stick to painting.

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagel calls for shrinking Army to pre-WWII size
Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, warned that the cuts would hurt military readiness. And he said the country is only in this position because the
Obama administration and Congress will not seriously take on cuts to entitlements.
"It's all being sacrificed ... on the altar of entitlements.
This president cannot take on mandatory spending, so all we've done in the Congress -- and this president -- is basically cut discretionary spending," he told Fox News.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/24/ha...
That's one thing I agree with Repubs on, less spending on needless programs. I say cut the military in by 75%. The US will still be spending more on military than any nation on earth even with this 75% cut. Canada seems perfectly safe and they spend 3% of what the US spends. Should they be afraid and just don't know it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The one meaningful item in the constitution is to protect our nation and it's boarders. Our last two and current presidents have not obeyed their oath of office.
But you have to give Obama credit (unless you're a hypocrite) for having increased the number of deportations of illegals more than any President EVER in US history (70% more than Bush). Also two thumbs up for his doubling the number of Boarder Agents from Bush levels.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>That's one thing I agree with Repubs on, less spending on needless programs. I say cut the military in by 75%. The US will still be spending more on military than any nation on earth even with this 75% cut. Canada seems perfectly safe and they spend 3% of what the US spends. Should they be afraid and just don't know it?
I agree. The Pentagon has told those dumbass repuke CONgress they didn't need a big budget as the military unwinds TWO BUSH WARS and with our modern technology (drones, etc) less soldiers are needed. They will still continue to cut their benefits to save their bush tax cuts. Not to mention the food stamps they continue to cut for their families.

Military Families Are Using Food Stamps More Than Ever ...

Military families used about $5 million more worth of food stamps last year than in 2012. Their use of this government assistance, formally known as the Supplemental ...

www.defenseone.com/.../02/military...using-fo...

Nearly 1 Million Vets Face Food Stamps Cut | Military.com

Oct 29, 2013 · In addition to the 900,000 veterans, the cut in SNAP benefits would impact about 5,000 military families that currently receive food stamps, mostly from ...
www.military.com › News

The repukes care what war monger cheney has to say? hahaha Guess his HALIBURTON won't receive anymore "no bid" contracts? hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

After Killing Your Job and Your Healthcare Republicans Are Now Targeting the Air You Breathe

It is glaringly apparent that there is no end to the ways Republicans are attempting to kill Americans and there is little doubt that even the dirty energy industry knows clean air and water regulations are critical to protect the lives of Americans. In fact, the CEO of Exxon recently joined a lawsuit detailing the deadly consequences of fracking in close proximity to his home in Texas at the same time he complained about EPA environmental oversight. When the EPA attempted to fulfill their mandate and oversight in drilling operations he said “This type of dysfunctional regulation is holding back the American economic recovery, growth, and global competitiveness. There are important questions about the things that people worry about, and we have an obligation to address them, and we devote a tremendous amount of effort in addressing those. But as long as we as an industry follow good engineering practices and standards, these risks are entirely manageable. It’s all just a matter of perspective.” True, it is a matter of perspective until him and his family’s life is endangered by the unregulated dirty energy industry and then his perspective changes to join a lawsuit to keep the poison away from his home.

The GOP’s barbaric killing spree is only matched by their method of killing off Americans slowly at the hands of the energy industry whose concern is killing the EPA, regulations, and Americans. At least the Republicans’ embrace of the NRA’s gun proliferation scheme for regular street shootouts means a quick death whereas starvation, ill-health and disease, or carcinogen-laden air and water is a slow painful demise that no animal deserves. Republicans have proven time and time again there is nothing Americans need that they will not kill whether it is jobs, unemployment benefits, good wages, regulations, the economy, and poor working Americans who are barely surviving.

Killing the EPA is a new standard because all Americans, rich and poor, are dependent on clean air and water Republicans will kill by toxins. It is unclear if Republicans will ever end their killing spree, and the danger to Americans is they are in a veritable killing frenzy like ravenous sharks in a feeding frenzy, and with ALEC, the Koch brothers, the oil and coal industry providing unending campaign cash as an incentive to continue, no American is safe.

Read entire article:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/24/killin...

Anything to keep their big donor CORPS polluting water and the air and the $$$$$$ coming their way. Like I say:

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA, and $$$$$$$$$$

DEMS =PEOPLE

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Follow up on the sick repuke who wants to be senator..hahaha

Kansas GOP Candidate Gives The Worst Apology Ever For Posting Dead People Internet Pics

Tea party Republican Senate challenger Milton Wolf offered the worst apology ever for posting pictures of dead people on the Internet.
According to The Topeka Capital-Journal,

U.S. Senate challenger Milton Wolf sought forgiveness Sunday from anyone offended by his posting to Facebook of gory medical images of dead and injured people, and attacked primary rival Republican Sen. Pat Roberts for allegedly engaging in character assassination.

“Several years ago, I made some comments about these images that were insensitive to the seriousness of what the images revealed,” Wolf said.“Soon thereafter, I removed those images. However, my mistakes are my own and I take full responsibility for them.”

The Republican candidate also held a “political adversary”— Roberts — responsible for igniting controversy about the images. He said Roberts “wants to attack me as a doctor rather than giving Kansans a reason to vote for him.”

Um, no, this isn’t a political smear tactic. Wolf doesn’t get that what he did was beyond wrong. That kind of behavior might be just socially unacceptable for somebody who is trolling the Internet and looking to get a rise out of people, but nobody wants a candidate for the United States Senate posting x-rays of dead people and making jokes about them.

Republicans are infamous for their non-apology apologies, but this one takes the cake. There was no apology in his remarks. He doesn’t bother to pretend that he is sorry. This is just a conspiracy by establishment Republicans to convince the voters of Kansas not to vote for him in the Republican primary.

Sen. Roberts doesn’t have to anything. Milton Wolf has already done plenty to convince voters not to support him. If Wolf would by any chance win the Republican nomination, this would be a sure pick up for the Democrats because nobody wants the creepy guy who posts images of dead people on the Internet representing them in the Senate.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/24/kansas...

You repukes are WARPED.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

How Conservatives Can Develop A Better Class Of Political Celebrities Than Donald Trump And Ted Nugent

Writing in the Daily Caller, Matt K. Lewis ponders why conservative advocates and journalists are so quick to get excited–or at minimum, come to the defense of–conservative celebrities, even when those famous people are less-than-articulate, or downright counterproductive advocates for conservative causes.“Like the girl who always falls for the guy who’s bad for her, conservatives keep trusting the wrong people and making the same mistakes. One such mistake goes like this: The enemy of my enemy is my friend,” he writes, going on to discuss in particular, reality star and perpetual potential political candidate Donald Trump and actor and anti-gun regulation advocate Ted Nugent.

The perception of a celebrity gap between liberals and conservatives has long been vexing for many on the right, frustrated by the roster of entertainers who hit the campaign trail for Democrats, turn out for left-leaning causes, the perception (which I’d contest) that entertainment better reflects liberal values than conservative ones, and the grumblings that conservative figures in Hollywood are stuck in some sort of closet. As a result, when a celebrity is willing to advocate for conservative candidates and issues, no matter how poorly they might articulate those messages, or whatever Pigpen-like cloud might surround them, I think some on the right have a tendency to feel that they have to take what they can get. But if conservatives want famous advocates who won’t call the President of the United States a “subhuman mongrel” or throw temper tantrums when they get actual media coverage, they need to start acting more like liberals. Here are three ways to start:

1. Don’t Get Starstruck: The whole point of putting an extremely famous person on stage with a politician, or out in the field with campaign workers or advocates, is to get the folks who will have contact with that celebrity excited, and to draw media coverage to the politician or program that person is associated with. But just because you’re trying to elicit a giddy reaction from your audience doesn’t mean that you should let yourself get starstruck. Sure, it’s exciting when an artist of Clint Eastwood’s stature says he’s willing to speak at your nominating convention. But if you’re a strategist, think clearly about whether it’s a wise move, empty chair or no empty chair. And if you’re watching and commenting, be clear-eyed about whether the celebrity in question is actually doing a good job (or making sense). Defending silliness, ugliness, or incomprehensibility is a quick route to damaging the public perception of your own taste–and it makes it harder in the future to turn down wannabe celebrity endorsers who aren’t cut out to comment on public policy or elections.

2. Help Them Build Political Bonafides: One thing my colleagues at the Enough Project have done well, I think, is to get celebrities, most notably George Clooney, out into the field. When Clooney writes South Sudan, he does so from the position of someone who’s actually been to the country. Actress Martha Plimpton wears pro-choice symbols on the red carpet, but she’s an articulate advocate in part because she does actual advocacy work. Rosario Dawson spends a lot of time working on Latino participation in politics. This sort of experience often has an inoculating effect: rather than hitting the trail with platitudes, or pandering to audiences by saying the most extreme things possible, entertainers can speak in specific terms about their work. And because they’ll have seen what it takes to do the work, they’re more likely to have some sense of strategy, and to avoid imperiling a cause or a candidacy by grandstanding.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

CONtinued:

3. Demand Message Control: There’s no point in recruiting a celebrity spokesman if you’re going to end up constantly apologizing for horrible things they say. Ted Nugent may have a constituency–there’s a reason he remains on the National Rifle Association’s board–but he makes many more headlines for racial remarks about President Obama than for articulate arguments against gun regulation that convince mass audiences. If what you want from celebrities is an opportunity to double down on the worldview your constituents already share, that’s one thing. But if you want to use their public profile to draw in people who aren’t already acquainted with your message, then for goodness sakes, don’t be afraid to talk about what the most effective version of that message might look like! It’s important to remember that the entertainment industry gets just as much out of appearing engaged in politics and policy as politicians and policymakers do from recruiting them. So in keeping with my first piece of advice, it’s smart for conservatives who are dealing with celebrities to remember that they have messaging expertise and policy knowledge that’s genuinely valuable to their more-famous soon-to-be mouthpieces.

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2014/02/21/33...

Keep those clowns coming. DEMS have better celebrities. You can keep your senile nutjobs that talks to chairs. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
slowchain

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Hi!

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...we can't beat the black guy....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

lafraud cry-a-thon:

1 year 111 days...

^^^^...there's a roof for your sheethouse of misery. bwahahahahahahahaha
too much

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
You can tell when a bush is running for office when an ex President comes out of hiding to reach out to the Veterans from TWO WARS he started.
George Bush DARES to Claim He’s ‘In There With Them’ About Soldiers Fighting in Wars He Started (Video)
George W. Bush is taking a break from painting his feet to participate in one of his favorite pastimes: pretending to care about the troops. Despite that he was willing to use a national tragedy to engage America’s servicemen and women in an illegal war, Bush claims that he is saddened by the circumstances our veterans face as a result of his administration’s policies.
In a rare public appearance at a Military Service Initiative Summit Wednesday, Bush showed he cared for the troops by offering a solution to troop unemployment: Drop the ‘D” from “PTSD.” Since it would, according to Bush, then be classified as a treatable condition employers would be less likely to discriminate against those who suffer from it every day!
Problem solved!
He says that the George Bush Institute has launched an initiative to help veterans who are transitioning into civilian life after returning from his wars by encouraging them to stay in school and convincing employers to give veterans a chance with bold new initiatives like dropping a letter from an acronym.
In an interview that aired on ABC Monday, Martha Raddatz asked former President Bush if the new initiative helped him cope with the 6,800 American soldiers killed and 51,000 injured in his war. Unsurprisingly, he feels this helps make things even.“No question it helps,” Bush actually said.“I have a duty.”
As if his sudden opinion that he has a duty to those whose lives he has personally affected was not enough, Bush added,“I obviously get slightly emotional talking about our vets because I’m in there with them.”
He praised the attitude of veterans who maintain a positive attitude despite the damage his administration’s actions have caused.“But my spirit is also uplifted when I visit with vets. As I say, there is no self-pity… They don’t say,‘Woe is me.’ They say,‘What can I do to continue to serve?’”
http://aattp.org/george-bush-dares-to-claim-h...
Sad he waits for 12 years to shed a tear and be "there with them". Too little, too late. What a hypocrite. Watch lil bro make his 2016 announcement. hahaha Like the MAJORITY would vote another bush in office. Delusional repukes.
Bush actually said.“I have a duty.” hahaha, he just forgot about it I guess....hahaha He should stick to painting.
RIP GOP
HILLARY 2016
ALISON 2014
DITCH MITCH
Oh what a sad life you live.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Former Bush Official Compares Conservative Anti-LGBT Laws to Terrorists Using Islam

It’s rare that I come across a Republican actually using common sense, especially as it relates to gay rights. But that’s exactly what former George W. Bush campaign director Matthew Dowd did when he spoke about his belief that Arizona Governor Jan Brewer will veto the new anti-LGBT bill that was just passed.

On This Week With George Stephanopoulos, Dowd said:

“I think in the end Governor Brewer is going to veto this. It’s an easy veto to do because of the things going in the business economy there. This is one of those problems where people use religion as a way to enforce discriminatory practices. People used religion back in the 1860s, when they used religion to defend slavery. We’ve used religion to go to war. People criticize Islam because they use religion to fight and kill people. This is the problem. I think she vetoes it, because there’s no way this can survive.”

Yes, that was a Republican who said that. Trust me, I’m as shocked as you are.

He’s said some of the same things I’ve said about our history and how people have been using the same arguments to justify ignorance.

People used religion to justify slavery. They used religion to justify segregation. They used religion to justify banning interracial marriage. Now they’re using religion to justify their intolerance of the LGBT community.

It’s shocking that here we are in 2014 and there are actually Republican state legislatures trying to pass laws which would legalize discrimination. Laws which would stand absolutely no chance at being Constitutionally upheld in the long run.

And I’m sure these states would claim “states’ rights.” Another defense often used by the ignorant.

But I particularly like how he brought up a point I’ve also mentioned by comparing radical right-wing conservatives using religion much in the same way Islamic radicals use Islam. Religion is an easy tool with which to manipulate people. Islamic radicals use Islam to justify their ignorance and hate. Right-wing radicals use religion to justify theirs as well.

Now I’m not saying conservatives take it to the extremes like Islamic radicals do with violent terrorism. But the way in which they use religion to justify ignorance is very similar.

And that’s a point Mr. Dowd was making here. History, and reality, shows us that ignorant people often use religion as a means to justify their hate and ignorance.

It’s just a shame that we rarely see common sense being used by a Republican.

But I hope he’s right. Though, when it comes to ignorance and the state of Arizona, nothing would really surprise me.

I guess we’ll soon find out.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/former-bus...

It’s just a shame that we rarely see common sense being used by a Republican.

Yes, no common sense. Don't like or want to be gay DON'T. They have a right to live their lives anyway they choose. It's AMERICA, Land of the FREE. Get over it. I don't condone it, I don't condemn it. Only GOD can judge, you bunch of homophobia perverted dumbasses.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stivers Center fixes 17 min gator 62
1 Blessing From God 30 min Stephen Levi 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr NewsHeadlines 129,000
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 1 hr Bob 6
Barbourville online and Windstream 1 hr andy 17
Knox County = Stupid 1 hr Charles 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr Buck Ofama 16,131
john sowders 7 hr stephanie 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••