'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Uncle Tab

United States

#149789 Feb 15, 2014
Jay wrote:
You've probably been over this already, but here goes:

Tennessee Volkswagen Workers Reject UAW Representation

Saturday, 15 Feb 2014 08:24 AM

By Todd Beamon and Cathy Burke

In a stunning defeat that could accelerate the decades-long decline of the United Auto Workers, employees voted against union representation at Volkswagen's Chattanooga, Tenn., plant — a factory seen as organized labor's best chance to expand in the South.

An official overseeing the vote, retired Tennessee Circuit Court Judge Sam Payne, said that a majority had voted against UAW representation by 712 to 626 — 53 percent to 47 percent.

"Needless to say, I am thrilled for the employees at Volkswagen and for our community and its future," Republican Sen. Bob Corker, who had been vociferous in opposition to unionization at the plant, said in a statement on his website.

Frank Fischer, the CEO of Volkswagen Chattanooga said, "They have spoken, and Volkswagen will respect the decision of the majority.

http://www.newsmax.com :80/Newsfront/Chattanooga-UAW- reject-workers/2014/02/14/id/5 52958?ns_mail_uid=4931408& ns_mail_job=1556258_02152014 &promo_code=167C7-1
Yes, we saw it.

Turns out some republican fear was pushed pretty heavy here. And weak minded republican voting base got scared. Cowards!

https://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/15/labor...

When the company doesn't fight it, and elected republicans jump in and make threats.... We know who's scared, don't we?
Uncle Tab

United States

#149790 Feb 15, 2014
One other fun fact about unions.... Unions are voted in. Majority wins. Simple.

Unions can also be voted out. Again, majority wins.

The reason elected republicans jumped in with threats about not letting VW expand if a union was voted in (mighty friendly to business huh?) they knew that once a union gets in, the employees know that everything they've been told is a lie. And they would never vote the union out.

I know none of you understand what research is, but try to expand your brain and see how many union shops voted to UNunionize. If they're so bad, why haven't hardly any ever done that?

Again..... It's the common sense things that make you republicans look so stupid in these conversations. You just gulp that koolaid that's flavored either Stupid or Gullible, and suck it down like there's no tomorrow. All the while, big business gets richer, and you get poorer.

Amazingly ignorant.
Jay

Paris, TN

#149791 Feb 15, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we saw it.
Turns out some republican fear was pushed pretty heavy here. And weak minded republican voting base got scared. Cowards!
When the company doesn't fight it, and elected republicans jump in and make threats.... We know who's scared, don't we?

I'll ask my son, he works for a union (place). Not saying where.

But I think the men who work at this plant are well aware of what the deal is. To say they are not informed is ridiculous. When my son's (place) went union, there were plenty of meetings with workers. All were well informed.

No threats, just information.

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#149792 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you don't get it. Social Security is a PAYROLL TAX the funds collected go into the General Fund and is spent on EVERYTHING the Government buys. It is a welfare program run like a ponzi scheme. There is not account out there with your name on it with retirement funds set aside for you and your family.
We are being skrewed royally by this program. Quit drinking the Koolaid and educate yourself about what is going on with the finances in our country.
you seem to think you're educated about it, so how are you going to fix it? Posting on Topix?
Uncle Tab

United States

#149793 Feb 15, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>**********

But I think the men who work at this plant are well aware of what the deal is. To say they are not informed is ridiculous. When my son's (place) went union, there were plenty of meetings with workers. All were well informed.

He dislikes the union, yet still works there? That's very interesting.

He should show his support of big business and quit! That'll show Em!

:-D

#149797 Feb 15, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a smidgen of brain between those ears!
Like two giant rocks, with an empty cavern between them,
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, if you ever possessed one...are you wasted already?
"Like two giant rocks, with an empty cavern between them"
a cavern is a large underground chamber; to describe it an being 'between two rocks" is nonsensical. Absurd, really. So there's that.
Uncle Tab

United States

#149799 Feb 15, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>**********

And if they are well informed and there's still a union there, they like it.

Just a fact!

But thanks for proving my point.
Jay

Paris, TN

#149801 Feb 15, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
He dislikes the union, yet still works there? That's very interesting.
He should show his support of big business and quit! That'll show Em!

You need to go back and read what I said. Where did I say he dislikes the union? I don't recall saying either way. I said the (place) went union during his years there. I recall him talking about it, saying they were having plenty of meetings, discussions and so on. There were no threats and I'd say when the majority voted to go union, all were well informed.

Stop putting your words into my post!

Since: Oct 09

#149802 Feb 15, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we saw it.
You post so much BULL$#IT it's often difficult to find time to dispute all of it.
ANY organizing campaign by any union is protected by the NLRB.
Even though NLRB attorneys are unionized they are very impartial and consummate professionals. If there are any threats form either side or an outsider, there are very serious legal consequences. Those employees are presented with many meetings and many are even at the expense of the company, on company property.
NO ONE is allowed to promise a raise for either outcome, many see that as "no guarantee" and a company CAN SAY that union dues will DECREASE your take home pay.
I voted for the UAW at my plant, others (including working supervisors), voted it down!
When you lump all Conservatives together, you look foolish.

When you have a genuine concern or question ask an authority you can trust.

https://www.nlrb.gov/resources/faq/poster

My poster (I made and displayed on the back of my 6ft tall tool box), said "Knowledge is Power, EMPOWER yourself!" When I clocked out company flunkies would simply place something in front of my poster, or turn it around. I made a complaint with the NLRB.
I met with the NLRB attorney at a restaurant near my employer at noon on a workday (so I would also have protection from the company if they tried to fire me for filing charges.

#149803 Feb 15, 2014
>form< [from]

#149804 Feb 15, 2014
This is funny wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my last post concerning you, I do not debate any point with "my lessor". I have three college degrees and am working on a forth, and I make more money, and have more money than you will ever see! You are a piece of shit, nothing more!
...and another 20th grader throws in the towel. Just hop on the pile of dead meat on the right.
"I do not debate..."
"I have three..."
"I make more..."
...last post concerning Unc? Too easy.

#149805 Feb 15, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go back and read what I said. Where did I say he dislikes the union? I don't recall saying either way. I said the (place) went union during his years there. I recall him talking about it, saying they were having plenty of meetings, discussions and so on. There were no threats and I'd say when the majority voted to go union, all were well informed.
Stop putting your words into my post!
Any union is only as good as the employees that make it .
If they don't keep up with meetings and stay informed, they risk loosing their true voice of representation. Garbage in, garbage out...and your dues will be paid either way (unless it's an "open shop").

#149806 Feb 15, 2014
>loosing< [losing].

#149807 Feb 15, 2014
putuporshutup wrote:
No. I mean a MIT professor. Yea, that's the ticket
I know that's true. Aren't you the MIT Professor who saw Morgan Fairchild naked?
Uncle Tab

United States

#149808 Feb 15, 2014
<quoted text>You post so much BULL$#IT it's often difficult to find time to dispute all of it.
Even though NLRB attorneys are unionized they are very impartial and consummate professionals. If there are any threats form either side or an outsider, there are very serious legal consequences. Those employees are presented with many meetings and many are even at the expense of the company, on company property.
NO ONE is allowed to promise a raise for either outcome, many see that as "no guarantee" and a company CAN SAY that union dues will DECREASE your take home pay.
I voted for the UAW at my plant, others (including working supervisors), voted it down!

My poster (I made and displayed on the back of my 6ft tall tool box), said "Knowledge is Power, EMPOWER yourself!" When I clocked out company flunkies would simply place something in front of my poster, or turn it around. I made a complaint with the NLRB.
I met with the NLRB attorney at a restaurant near my employer at noon on a workday (so I would also have protection from the company if they tried to fire me for filing charges.
.....and the state posted billboards talking about how bad unions are.

Well, wealthy donors..... Same difference.

Which your reply has nothing to do with what I was talking about lol

Your big tool box? I would have never thought you would anything but a big tool box.

You're the best of everything....... on the Internet :-D
Uncle Tab

United States

#149809 Feb 15, 2014
<quoted text>You post so much BULL$#IT it's often difficult to find time to dispute all of it.

One other thing..... If the company has rules about no personal signs on the floor, the NLRB is powerless to do anything about it.

Work distraction/safety issues and all.

But go ahead and tell us all how you being you, won that as well! We all know that's what happened lmao

btw.... Shop Stewart would have been the first required step. The NLRB would have told you that. You have to give the company the opportunity to address it before the NLRB would even meet you.

Just pointing out the obvious holes in your endless bullshit.

Carry on.:-D

#149810 Feb 15, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
...and another 20th grader throws in the towel. Just hop on the pile of dead meat on the right.
"I do not debate..."
"I have three..."
"I make more..."
...last post concerning Unc? Too easy.
It's just some words on a screen, many don't care enough (about these issues) to put up with your mindless dribble. I enjoy forging words into hammers, and then beating you up side your empty head(s).

I think you try to bully others here with your profane language and personal attacks, I can't stand bullies. The preponderance of ignorance contained in your posts speaks volumes about your lack of character, and failure to form a real intelligent argument.

That's ok, you can has DUNCE HAT though...you earned it!
http://bleedingedge.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/imag...
Uncle Tab

United States

#149811 Feb 15, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>I am making the same offer to you that I made to infagment, if you will have a psychiatric evaluation and post the results, I will personally pay for it, you don't even have to post your name, just where you had it and the results, because you are the stupidest of all the retard libtards on here, the union was not voted in and it was the repubs fault! LOLOLOLOL,

ROTFL, obamawan has taught you well,

LOLOLOL,

a great big baaaaaaaaaaaaaa for you,
It's kinda obvious who has the mental issues...... Kinda snapped a lil bit there, didn't ya?

Jay

Paris, TN

#149812 Feb 15, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
"Like two giant rocks, with an empty cavern between them"
a cavern is a large underground chamber; to describe it an being 'between two rocks" is nonsensical. Absurd, really. So there's that.

Well, here's this......

Apparently you have never traveled and toured the western states. There are plenty of giant rocks with a cavern between them. And no, a cavern is not necessarily underground.

The Grand Canyon is advertised as only one of them.

You know not for that which you speak! Duh!

#149813 Feb 15, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and the state posted billboards talking about how bad unions are.
Well, wealthy donors..... Same difference.
Which your reply has nothing to do with what I was talking about lol
Your big tool box? I would have never thought you would anything but a big tool box.
You're the best of everything....... on the Internet :-D
Yes I "had" a big tool box, I never paid thousands for it...I did pay thousands for the tools I kept in it. Fluke, B&K, Brown and Sharpe, Snap On, etc.
Many people have vast experience in a multitude of trades/ occupations. Not everyone is as lame as you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min get outta my busi... 131,051
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 30 min Knox co 22
knox board of ed raising taxes 36 min Knox co 89
A Rat In Knox County 40 min True Anon 14
Just hearing 50 min lisa 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Commietator 5,222
Salon perfection 3 hr bobber 1
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••