'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 253621 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148279 Feb 6, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Obama Makes Republican Heads Explode As He Shatters Their Lies At Prayer Breakfast
President Obama made Republican heads explode today at the National Prayer breakfast as he debunked with years worth of lies that have been uttered about him and his presidency.
Video:
Transcript:
THE PRESIDENT: Our faith teaches us that in the face of suffering, we can’t stand idly by and that we must be that Good Samaritan. In Isaiah, we’re told “to do right. Seek justice. Defend the oppressed.” The Torah commands:“Know the feelings of the stranger, having yourselves been strangers in the land of Egypt.” The Koran instructs:“Stand out firmly for justice.” So history shows that nations that uphold the rights of their people — including the freedom of religion — are ultimately more just and more peaceful and more successful. Nations that do not uphold these rights sow the bitter seeds of instability and violence and extremism. So freedom of religion matters to our national security.(Applause.)
As I’ve said before, there are times when we work with governments that don’t always meet our highest standards, but they’re working with us on core interests such as the security of the American people. At the same time, we also deeply believe that it’s in our interest, even with our partners, sometimes with our friends, to stand up for universal human rights. So promoting religious freedom is a key objective of U.S. foreign policy. And I’m proud that no nation on Earth does more to stand up for the freedom of religion around the world than the United States of America.(Applause.)
It is not always comfortable to do, but it is right. When I meet with Chinese leaders — and we do a lot of business with the Chinese, and that relationship is extraordinarily important not just to our two countries but to the world — but I stress that realizing China’s potential rests on upholding universal rights, including for Christians, and Tibetan Buddhists, and Uighur Muslims.(Applause.)
When I meet with the President of Burma, a country that is trying to emerge out of a long darkness into the light of a representative government, I’ve said that Burma’s return to the international community depends on respecting basic freedoms, including for Christians and Muslims. I’ve pledged our support to the people of Nigeria, who deserve to worship in their churches and mosques in peace, free from terror. I’ve put the weight of my office behind the efforts to protect the people of Sudan and South Sudan, including religious minorities.
As we support Israelis and Palestinians as they engage in direct talks, we’ve made clear that lasting peace will require freedom of worship and access to holy sites for all faiths. I want to take this opportunity to thank Secretary Kerry for his extraordinary passion and principled diplomacy that he’s brought to the cause of peace in the Middle East. Thank you, John.(Applause.)
More broadly, I’ve made the case that no society can truly succeed unless it guarantees the rights of all its peoples, including religious minorities, whether they’re Ahmadiyya Muslims in Pakistan, or Baha’i in Iran, or Coptic Christians in Egypt. And in Syria, it means ensuring a place for all people — Alawites and Sunni, Shia and Christian.
CONtinued:
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
He would be better off working on shattering his own lies.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148280 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
Obama is guilty of the simple concept of failure. Nothing more, nothing less.
Blah blah blah

It's funny to watch posters like this who are obviously republican, yet are trying to be something they're not.

You can't go on and on about being independent yet, it's all Obama's fault?

Republican Logic at its best. Lol

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148281 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are. And you have video of Bigfoot too.
Blah blah blah
Yes, I am aware of the collusion of both parties together with Obama and company and so are millions.
Why is it when I hit upon the raw truth of the matter, I get bombarded with a whole bunch of obamabots?
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148282 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
We see that here daily, Benghazi, IRS, ACA, anything to stop people from noticing the Party of NO are doing nothing but stopping progress.
Did you notice that Jay posted this long list of bills republicans claimed that democrats have stopped and are causing problems with our country?
I asked o Jay to give me just ONE of those bills that he/she stands behind and has actually read and agrees with. And, as usual, they just ignore it. They just blindly devour that koolaid without researching a single thing them when called on it, ignore it, or do what son of stupid does, just claim he's right, no matter what.(Which again, makes me question his mental stability)
The small republican mind.... It's just sad.
Like the jobs bill Injudgement proves to them over and over.....CRICKETS. hahaha

They all need to sign up for OBAMAcare and take advantage of that mental health coverage. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

lI
Uncle Tab

United States

#148283 Feb 6, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:

Going forward, we will keep standing for religious freedom around the world. And that includes, by the way, opposing blasphemy and defamation of religion measures, which are promoted sometimes as an expression of religion, but, in fact, all too often can be used to suppress religious minorities.(Applause.) We continue to stand for the rights of all people to practice their faiths in peace and in freedom. And we will continue to stand against the ugly tide of anti-Semitism that rears it’s ugly head all too often.

The right wants you to believe that President Obama is out to destroy religious freedom, but this speech demonstrates that is not the case. This president is committed to protecting religious freedom at home and around the world. The difference between the president and the Republicans is in their definitions of religious freedom. Republicans have concocted a definition of religious freedom that is based around social issues. They have made same sex marriage and contraception issues of religious freedom, when these social questions have nothing to do with the freedom to practice a religion. Obama’s definition is centered around the freedom each of us has to practice, or not practice a religion.

Many Republicans also believe that Obama is not a Christian. Well, the president once again put a stake in the heart of that one with his remarks today. Everyone should know that Barack Obama is a Christian, but the myth that he is some sort of secret Muslim continues to thrive in right wing circles.

The final Republican talking point that Obama wiped out is their claim that he hates Israel. The president not only mentioned the ongoing peace talks, but specifically mentioned standing up against anti-Semitism. All of the major dirty little faith based smears that Republicans use to motivate the religious right, and attack this president were dealt with today.

Obama showed Republican hypocrites a thing or two about real faith. If they were capable of actual growth as human beings, they would listen closely and learn something from this president.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/06/presid...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
It's funny to watch these imbeciles continuously claim he is Muslim. I have to laugh every time one if these idiots brings it up.

It plainly proves how racist and bigoted they are.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148284 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He would be better off working on shattering his own lies.
Still trolling sites to up your numbers I see and still don't have nothing to say. What lies? Name them.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148285 Feb 6, 2014
Both parties are the model of ineptitude.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148286 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He would be better off working on shattering his own lies.
We're more worried about Criste's lies and deception.

The REAL not made up scandal.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148287 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah
It's funny to watch posters like this who are obviously republican, yet are trying to be something they're not.
You can't go on and on about being independent yet, it's all Obama's fault?
Republican Logic at its best. Lol
laughing about and Ignoring any logic is ignorance.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148288 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am aware of the collusion of both parties together with Obama and company and so are millions.
Why is it when I hit upon the raw truth of the matter, I get bombarded with a whole bunch of obamabots?
You're just shot down with the truth. And that bugs the shit out of your drones.

How's that Bigfoot sighting going?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148289 Feb 6, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trolling sites to up your numbers I see and still don't have nothing to say. What lies? Name them.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Just knowing that I am doing so means you are doing the same and spreading disinformation.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148290 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
Both parties are the model of ineptitude.
List, in detail, the republican ineptitude. All you seem to talk about is Obama, yet claim you are independent.

We'll be waiting on that list. Don't let us down lmao
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148291 Feb 6, 2014
7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan

“Happy birthday to Ronald Reagan!” Senator Rand Paul (R-TX) tweeted on Thursday, swiftly followed by his Tea Party compatriot Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). While praise from this sort of Republican on what would have been President Reagan’s 103rd birthday isn’t surprising, it is somewhat ironic. Though Reagan was extremely conservative (often terribly so), he bucked the sort of hardline conservative line the Tea Party has become synonymous with repeatedly throughout his career in politics. Here are 7 Reagan moves that may well have led to his excommunication from today’s Republican Party if he were alive today:

1. Paved the way for Obamacare
Reagan’s health policy previewed Obamacare in three major ways. First, Reagan signed Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), the law barring hospitals from turning away patients on grounds of their insurance or citizenship — a preview of Obamacare’s ban on insurance discrimination against individuals with preexisting conditions. Second, Reagan doubled the size of Medicaid over the course of his presidency to pay for all of those new uninsured patients — a huge Obamacare-style Medicaid expansion. Third, Reagan pushed something called Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs), which essentially had the government set the prices Medicare was willing to pay for each Medicare admission rather than pay for reimburse doctors per cost. DRGs cut Medicare costs by $49 billion by 1986, proving a promising trial for the sorts of Medicare payment reform policies you can find in Obamacare.

2. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants
In 1986, Reagan signed the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, a bipartisan immigration reform bill that created a pathway to citizenship for 3 million undocumented immigrants. Simpson-Mazzoli is now referred to by some conservatives as the “Reagan amnesty,” and came up during both the 2007 and 2013 immigration reform debates.

3. SuccBefore the National Rifle Association became what it was today, Reagan worked with them to ban guns. Specifically, automatic weapons: civilians were legally allowed to own fully automatic rifles until 1986, when Reagan signed the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act banning them. After his Presidency, Reagan backed the Brady gun law establishing many of the major restrictions on gun purchases today. His support for the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban pushed the ban to its two vote margin of victory — according to two of the Congressmen who made the difference.

4. Grew the federal government, big timeessfully pushed for an assault weapons ban
Reagan’s record belies his reputation as a huge foe of government. Reagan built a progressive tax system to fund Social Security, and funded the creation of a new federal department (the Department of Veterans’ Affairs). Much of Reagan’s spending, including his defense buildup, was funded by deficit spending. If Obama spent like Reagan, the deficit would be much, much higher.

5. Dealt with Russia to build a world free of nuclear weapons
Back when there was an actual Soviet Union, Reagan kicked off negotiations aimed at reducing the nuclear threat — negotiations that eventually morphed into the START treaty. In his memoir, Reagan wrote that “[m]y dream…a world free of nuclear weapons.” After START expired in 2009, its replacement (NEW START) was ratified over the bitter objections of a majority of Senate Republicans.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148292 Feb 6, 2014
CONtinued:

6. Wanted to make millionaires pay more in taxes
Reagan despised tax loopholes that allowed millionaires to skate around their tax obligations.“Tax loopholes,” according to the Gipper,“sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy.” It’s crazy, he said, because the “truly wealthy” were avoiding “paying their fair share.”

7. Passed environmental regulations that are now being used to fight climate change
Make no mistake — Reagan bears significant responsibility for the climate emergency. But he also negotiated the Montreal Protocol, an international agreement got the whole world to clamp down on pollution that was tearing holes in the ozone layer. Today, the Montreal Protocol is being used to clamp down on the technology that replaced the ozone-depleting kind, which turned out to be a fairly significant contributor to climate change.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/02/06/...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148293 Feb 6, 2014
At Least 26 Children Or Teens Died In Florida Stand Your Ground Cases

Michael Dunn stands trial this week for the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Jordan Davis after Dunn complained that Davis was playing loud music. Dunn is expected to raise the defense that gained notoriety after the death of Trayvon Martin, Stand Your Ground.(If Martin were still alive, he would turn 19 Wednesday.)

Martin and Dunn are two of at least 26 children and teens who have died in Florida Stand Your Ground cases. Stand Your Ground laws that have proliferated in at least 20 states are associated with vigilantism, authorizing violence by individuals who perceive a “reasonable” imminent threat to their life, without any duty to attempt retreat. But they have also taken the lives of a dramatic number of young victims. Out of 134 fatal Florida cases analyzed by the Tampa Bay Times in which the Stand Your Ground defense was raised or played a role, 19 percent saw the deaths of children or teens. Another 14 involved victims were 20 or 21. And another 8 teens were injured in nonfatal cases. The Tampa Bay Times last updated its database last year, and there have likely been more such deaths since.

Here are some of the young Florida victims: SEE ARTICLE

Some of these defendants were granted immunity; others were not. But the Stand Your Ground law can come into play in a number of ways. First, law enforcement officers sometimes use the Stand Your Ground law as a basis for not charging the shooter to begin with. That was initially the position of police who cited the law in not arresting Martin’s killer, George Zimmerman, for more than a month. Second, many defendants who are charged request a special Stand Your Ground hearing and may be granted immunity by a judge before even going to trial. Third, defendants may raise the Stand Your Ground defense during the trial as a basis for acquittal. And fourth, as evidenced by the George Zimmerman case, the language of the Stand Your Ground law may be incorporated into the jury instructions and factor into the jury’s decision, even where the defense is not explicitly raised by the defendant.

In the latest high-profile case, Michael Dunn is expected to use Stand Your Ground language during trial to claim he shot Jordan Davis in self-defense. The case of an older white man shooting a young black teen after a loud music dispute became even more racially charged when letters from Dunn released by the State Attorney’s office this week revealed blatant animus towards African Americans.

In part because Stand Your Ground has had a particular impact on the young, mothers have been among the loudest voices to call for repeal of these laws. During a legislative hearing to repeal Florida’s law, Davis’ mother Lucia McBath said,“My grief is unbearable at times. I’m here as a face of the countless victims of gun violence.” The legislative committee nonetheless voted down a repeal bill, and instead advanced another bill to expand it. McBath is the spokeswoman for a gun reform group formed after the Sandy Hook Massacre called Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

The group’s founder, Shannon Watts, pointed out that cases like Davis’— involving a dispute over loud music — show how Stand Your Ground laws attempt to “normalize behavior that isn’t normal.”

“A teen who was playing loud music, which is what my teens do. That is sort of the attitude of the teenager,” Watts told ThinkProgress.“You don’t have the right to kill an innocent unarmed teen.”

Jury selection continued in Dunn’s case on Tuesday.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/02/05/3...

Stand your Ground
if you get your ass kicked in a fight that you started , you oughta be able to shoot the other guy.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#148294 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Just knowing that I am doing so means you are doing the same and spreading disinformation.
You seem alot like that assclown DeLay that used to do nothing but post ignorant shit to get high numbers on a post count.

If this is what you need to feel important, you're just a sad little person.

Be all that you can be LMAO
Uncle Tab

United States

#148295 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>laughing about and Ignoring any logic is ignorance.
Posting endless BS to get a high post count is about as ignorant as you can get

Still waiting on a list of republican issue that concern you.

I thought you were on top of these issues??

Guess not. Idiot!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148296 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
List, in detail, the republican ineptitude. All you seem to talk about is Obama, yet claim you are independent.
We'll be waiting on that list. Don't let us down lmao
Three words......MALFEASANCE through COLLUSION.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148297 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny to watch these imbeciles continuously claim he is Muslim. I have to laugh every time one if these idiots brings it up.
It plainly proves how racist and bigoted they are.
It is hilarious to see them continue to beat those drums 5 years into his presidency. If all else fails....BIRTHER BIRTHER BIRTHER claims. Hilarious.

They are shameful racists and bigots. Just look at all the fallout from their side over the Super Bowl commercials. Now they will boycott Cheerios and Coke. What lowlifes they are. Voters won't forget.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#148298 Feb 6, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem alot like that assclown DeLay that used to do nothing but post ignorant shit to get high numbers on a post count.
If this is what you need to feel important, you're just a sad little person.
Be all that you can be LMAO
I seem a lot of things to everybody. My most important thing is my voice and my right to use it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Donrick Blevins OK? 2 min Cant believe people 13
Mikey Bruner 1 hr Hahathatsfunny 35
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,619
Are you people really Adults? 1 hr Meh 3
Reward!!! For turning in drug dealers. (Jan '11) 1 hr Pfft 207
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 2 hr Curious 8
Knox Schools 4 hr Luther 8
Listen up people 9 hr humm 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages