'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
127,201 - 127,220 of 147,246 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
For something like this I'll leave weighing out the pros and cons of the project to the people in charge of it. If it doesn't bring harm then let them sign it. If it causes harm then it needs to be halted.
Federal case? Am I the one doing petitions and demanding something (the XL section) be done without knowing if it's good or bad? That's the Tea Party's thing. It seems to me the only reason you support the Keystone XL is that you think it's being anti-Obama. That is supporting it for the wrong reason.

Oh really?! And you know that, how, about me?

How 'bout jobs for Americans. Don't you think they are working on all of that and weighing it all out?

Oh well, think what you want, no skin off my nose!

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Every other country in the world has its border secured ...don't care Republicans or Democrats ...
has to be done...
Our government likes to punish employer for hiring illegals but on the other side illegals can call the US government and ask to be paid same as American citizens. Why???
The program is called ...
"FAIR PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS"...
How can illegals file for EARN INCOME CREDIT it they don't have Social Security card...?????
The other nations usually are not rich nations on the border of a very poor country. And too many that do have problems (real or imaginary problems) kill people that try to cross, they shoot them down.

Me, I own part of a company. I'm an employer. I support giving real jail time plus a 'huge' fine, and both be mandatory, to any American employer who knowingly hires someone illegally in the country. Make it not worth the risk of hiring them. No jobs, far less people coming across the broder illegally. We also have to look at the ones already here that have started lives here, including having children. What do we do?

What do you suggest we do to halt it? None of our leaders, Democrat or Republican, or any experts on the issue have come up with anything that's workable.

Since: Oct 09

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
For something like this I'll leave weighing out the pros and cons of the project to the people in charge of it. If it doesn't bring harm then let them sign it. If it causes harm then it needs to be halted.
Federal case? Am I the one doing petitions and demanding something (the XL section) be done without knowing if it's good or bad? That's the Tea Party's thing. It seems to me the only reason you support the Keystone XL is that you think it's being anti-Obama. That is supporting it for the wrong reason.
If you allow someone else to do the "heavy lifting" or "deep thinking" for you...it probably isn't a good idea for you to A. Drive a car. B. Make purchases with money or credit cards. C. Vote in meaningful elections. D. Use a bathroom without help.
Stupid people are very intimidated by everyday decisions.
How many environmental studies do you require before you Mow your lawn, water your lawn, plant a flower or tree? Maybe you need the United States Government to babysit you and make decisions for you...most republicans do not.
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
The other nations usually are not rich nations on the border of a very poor country. And too many that do have problems (real or imaginary problems) kill people that try to cross, they shoot them down.
Me, I own part of a company. I'm an employer. I support giving real jail time plus a 'huge' fine, and both be mandatory, to any American employer who knowingly hires someone illegally in the country. Make it not worth the risk of hiring them. No jobs, far less people coming across the broder illegally. We also have to look at the ones already here that have started lives here, including having children. What do we do?
What do you suggest we do to halt it? None of our leaders, Democrat or Republican, or any experts on the issue have come up with anything that's workable.
Fish stinks from its head...

Our government rewarding illegals ...
"FAIR PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS"... why...?????
"PUSH RED BUTTON and WAIT FOR HELP"...
our government forgot red carpet and a limo...on the border ...you can't send everyone back but alot of them...yes, you can...!!!!! If illegals don't have jobs, any kind of help, they wouldn't be coming in such big numbers. OUR GOVERNMENT IS PROTECTING AND REWARDING ILLEGALS...!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you allow someone else to do the "heavy lifting" or "deep thinking" for you...it probably isn't a good idea for you to A. Drive a car. B. Make purchases with money or credit cards. C. Vote in meaningful elections. D. Use a bathroom without help.
How many environmental studies do you require before you Mow your lawn, water your lawn, plant a flower or tree? Maybe you need the United States Government to babysit you and make decisions for you...most republicans do not.
Really? Then why are you on your computer? Can you write code? Can you tell me how to build a harddrive, or microchips? Do you know what a disk cache is and how it works?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Fish stinks from its head...
Our government rewarding illegals ...
"FAIR PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS"... why...?????
"PUSH RED BUTTON and WAIT FOR HELP"...
our government forgot red carpet and a limo...on the border ...you can't send everyone back but alot of them...yes, you can...!!!!! If illegals don't have jobs, any kind of help, they wouldn't be coming in such big numbers. OUR GOVERNMENT IS PROTECTING AND REWARDING ILLEGALS...!!!!!!
I ask again since you conveniently forgot the question. What do you propose as an answer to halting illegals? It's easy to yell 'why'. But not so easy to say 'how'.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then why are you on your computer? Can you write code? Can you tell me how to build a harddrive, or microchips? Do you know what a disk cache is and how it works?
Actually yes.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who donít.
So what's the point of your question?
>rel no follow< your logic is faulty.
OZombies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask again since you conveniently forgot the question. What do you propose as an answer to halting illegals? It's easy to yell 'why'. But not so easy to say 'how'.
In 1960s people from all over Europe use to go to work to Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, France...
This countries don't have illegal aliens but they have 'WORKING VISA'...when you're finished, you're going home and if any of this countries need you again, they will notify you by mail. If they catch you hiding inside their country, you're going to be deported, and no question asked ...That's how Jenny...

But, why don't you answer my question ...
WHY IS OUR GOVERNMENT PROTECTING AND REWARDING ILLEGALS ...?????
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok, for awhile there I wasn't sure what you did support, whether or not you supported this amnesty they are trying to push - Boehner and Obama, that is.

I was friends all my life with three people of Mexican descent. All good people. As a kid, I didn't know anything about one father who was Mexican, the mother Romanian. My friend was my friend, that was all, and none of that concerned me. Now as I think back, I believe the father was probably not an American citizen, but I can't say he didn't apply either. In those days that kind of thing was far and few in-between. Today we are looking at tens of thousands of people vying for jobs in an economy that can't support that without taking jobs from Americans. It isn't the people who have come here illegally many, many years ago who are the problem, who have children raised in this country and whose children and grand children wouldn't have a clue what Mexico was all about that we need to worry about. It's all that trash coming into this country with operations involved in the drugs and weapons. It's those who are involved in all this trafficking that cause the problems, killings, rapes of women, drive by shootings that we need to separate from the common working man with a family who's been here, worked, paid taxes and raised their kids as American as they could under the circumstances.

I have lived in the environment I speak of. This is why we, our whole family, does not live there anymore. It is where our roots are. But it's not home anymore.

You are right, none of our leaders of either party have come up with anything workable. We have got to seal the border even if it means using our military, then screen those who are here. Any infractions of the law, felonies, problems in the their past - send them back. We have enough crime in this country now, that we don't need to baby-sit those who are not natural citizens who have a shady past. But out and out amnesty - no!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Where you asked about environmental studies. They have to be handled very carefully, done properly, and carefully reviewed. It takes an EA or EIS for each project which could have adverse affects upon people or environment. A friend of my grandfather used a rushed EIS to help shut down all logging on the Daniel Boone Nation Forest for two years. He and the other three people working on the suit also set a new standard (definition) for part of the Endangered Species Act. They brought up six issues and won in Federal court on five of them. He and his friends were even talked about in a meeting in Congress over it.

Let the process run its course. If you don't you may not get your XL. If you leave an opening for a lawsuit it will come. All it takes is someone with intelligence that knows the rules and laws. Having been in Constitutional Law President Obama knows this, Mitch McConnell and the Tea Party either don't or they don't care.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, for awhile there I wasn't sure what you did support, whether or not you supported this amnesty they are trying to push - Boehner and Obama, that is.
I was friends all my life with three people of Mexican descent. All good people. As a kid, I didn't know anything about one father who was Mexican, the mother Romanian. My friend was my friend, that was all, and none of that concerned me. Now as I think back, I believe the father was probably not an American citizen, but I can't say he didn't apply either. In those days that kind of thing was far and few in-between. Today we are looking at tens of thousands of people vying for jobs in an economy that can't support that without taking jobs from Americans. It isn't the people who have come here illegally many, many years ago who are the problem, who have children raised in this country and whose children and grand children wouldn't have a clue what Mexico was all about that we need to worry about. It's all that trash coming into this country with operations involved in the drugs and weapons. It's those who are involved in all this trafficking that cause the problems, killings, rapes of women, drive by shootings that we need to separate from the common working man with a family who's been here, worked, paid taxes and raised their kids as American as they could under the circumstances.
I have lived in the environment I speak of. This is why we, our whole family, does not live there anymore. It is where our roots are. But it's not home anymore.
You are right, none of our leaders of either party have come up with anything workable. We have got to seal the border even if it means using our military, then screen those who are here. Any infractions of the law, felonies, problems in the their past - send them back. We have enough crime in this country now, that we don't need to baby-sit those who are not natural citizens who have a shady past. But out and out amnesty - no!
A problem that I look at is something a lot don't realize. If a business uses illegals at half the wage that other businesses pay the one using illegals can produce a product at lower costs to him and therefore under-price the competition and hurt their business. Also in construction, where you find a large number of illegals, an employer can underbid competitors for contract jobs. I see where both the Republicans and Democrats say giving legal status will change the situation to where the illegals will become legal and therefore pay taxes and earn equal pay to that of the other workers. It leveling the business playing field. But something still would have to be done to reduce the flow across the border, which still will continue. One way is, the people still hiring illegals, totally nail their hides to the wall.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
A problem that I look at is something a lot don't realize. If a business uses illegals at half the wage that other businesses pay the one using illegals can produce a product at lower costs to him and therefore under-price the competition and hurt their business. Also in construction, where you find a large number of illegals, an employer can underbid competitors for contract jobs. I see where both the Republicans and Democrats say giving legal status will change the situation to where the illegals will become legal and therefore pay taxes and earn equal pay to that of the other workers. It leveling the business playing field. But something still would have to be done to reduce the flow across the border, which still will continue. One way is, the people still hiring illegals, totally nail their hides to the wall.

I totally agree with your last sentence. And you are right about construction. If you drive through a new subdivision you will see many non white faces, and I do NOT mean to apply that to blacks. Ok, for clarity: people who appear to be Mexican. The other problem is, that it's all good to level the playing field, but there has to be jobs, and we are at a position where the unemployment rate is way too high. If that's not true, then why is half the country on food stamps?

Jan Brewer, Gov. of Arizona was on TV last night, begging our government to please do something to secure the border. She has been trying to convince Obama for years to help Arizona keep illegals from coming over in droves. She claims that her pleas fall on deaf ears. She has said, Arizona is the gateway to the US, and we absolutely have got to do something down there to shut the gates.

If we spend the money to shut the gates, we won't be spending the money to deal with all the issues we have now due to the rampant flow of illegals infiltrating our cities.......ya think?

god, somebody get some common sense!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Actually yes.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who donít.
.....>grin<.....

Only can come up with a cop-out answer, huh? You brought it up, not me. Go back and read your own post.

Btw, there's a Victorias Secret model that writes code. No joke. She got into modeling as a sideline. Do you have an iPhone or iPad? Part of the apps for them are her apps she wrote. Don't tell me a woman, and an underwear model at that, can blow you out of the water in intelligence? The Tea Party will take your manhood license away.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

<quoted text>
Actually yes.
Oh heck, I'll save you from having to scroll back to look at your statement to me .....
<quoted text>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you asked about environmental studies. They have to be handled very carefully, done properly, and carefully reviewed. It takes an EA or EIS for each project which could have adverse affects upon people or environment. A friend of my grandfather used a rushed EIS to help shut down all logging on the Daniel Boone Nation Forest for two years. He and the other three people working on the suit also set a new standard (definition) for part of the Endangered Species Act. They brought up six issues and won in Federal court on five of them. He and his friends were even talked about in a meeting in Congress over it.
Let the process run its course. If you don't you may not get your XL. If you leave an opening for a lawsuit it will come. All it takes is someone with intelligence that knows the rules and laws. Having been in Constitutional Law President Obama knows this, Mitch McConnell and the Tea Party either don't or they don't care.
I have actually run the laboratory experiments and run the impact analysis models. I also have experience with a bicycle path which was adapted to allow Sistrurus c. catenatus too travel beneath the pathway to make a balance between people and nature. Too often the human factor is tossed away by overzealous; eco-Naz,i global warming, henny penny type people with doctoral degrees and no degree of common sense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
that is really the only way to stop this problem. everyone knows it, the US electorate just doesn't want to do that yet, many give a lot of lip service to solving the problem, but they don't really want to do what we know needs to be done...

until then, it is all useless rhetoric,.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with your last sentence. And you are right about construction. If you drive through a new subdivision you will see many non white faces, and I do NOT mean to apply that to blacks. Ok, for clarity: people who appear to be Mexican. The other problem is, that it's all good to level the playing field, but there has to be jobs, and we are at a position where the unemployment rate is way too high. If that's not true, then why is half the country on food stamps?
Jan Brewer, Gov. of Arizona was on TV last night, begging our government to please do something to secure the border. She has been trying to convince Obama for years to help Arizona keep illegals from coming over in droves. She claims that her pleas fall on deaf ears. She has said, Arizona is the gateway to the US, and we absolutely have got to do something down there to shut the gates.
If we spend the money to shut the gates, we won't be spending the money to deal with all the issues we have now due to the rampant flow of illegals infiltrating our cities.......ya think?
god, somebody get some common sense!
The problem is an almost 2.000 mile long border (not counting access by water (the Gulf and west coast)) and a border fence that two girls climbed in eighteen seconds on their first try. If we did use army then the Tea Party will scream 'use of military on US soil'. You know they will. Look at all the ruckus over FEMA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
.....>grin<.....
Only can come up with a cop-out answer, huh? You brought it up, not me. Go back and read your own post.
Btw, there's a Victorias Secret model that writes code. No joke. She got into modeling as a sideline. Do you have an iPhone or iPad? Part of the apps for them are her apps she wrote. Don't tell me a woman, and an underwear model at that, can blow you out of the water in intelligence? The Tea Party will take your manhood license away.
Wow, since you started writing about things you know...your posts have become more reality based. You have surpassed the mediocre cut and paste exposition. Thank you.
I happen to know some very intelligent women (yes they code) and one is a special investigator...so there's my "cop-out" answer. Another is a meteorologist now, but she used to be very famous in a rock and roll way.

>>grin / chuckle<<
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is an almost 2.000 mile long border (not counting access by water (the Gulf and west coast)) and a border fence that two girls climbed in eighteen seconds on their first try. If we did use army then the Tea Party will scream 'use of military on US soil'. You know they will. Look at all the ruckus over FEMA.

I don't know what the Tea Party will say, but I agree, it is a long way.

Was it not the Tyson plant in Utah that got caught hiring illegals? And about 75 of them were caught and hauled in? Ok, slap a humongous fine on any employer who hires anyone but citizens, even if they (citizens) have to provide a birth certificate, or something similar to prove it.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Good night, Jenny, keep working on it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

<quoted text>
I have actually run the laboratory experiments and run the impact analysis models. I also have experience with a bicycle path which was adapted to allow Sistrurus c. catenatus too travel beneath the pathway to make a balance between people and nature. Too often the human factor is tossed away by overzealous; eco-Naz,i global warming, henny penny type people with doctoral degrees and no degree of common sense.
Then I guess you know that path underpasses aren't too useful pertaining to rattlesnakes. They're token efforts. When the sun starts going down the rattlesnake will still lay on the path to warm itself. They'll also do the same in the morning for the same reason. And I didn't google that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr Bville resident 13
Teresa Johnson and Rex 5 hr wondering 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr spaceship 129,040
john sowders 5 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 5 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Gfm 81,565
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Jack 22
•••
•••