'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239456 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Uncle Tab

United States

#148180 Feb 5, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>Professors are Union members also!
The head of the local Chapter is a Professor!
Please let us all have the phone number and person you spoke with at UofL or UK. And get an extension as well. We don't want this slithering away like all your other lies.

smh you will never learn imbecile..... The ones here who pound your dumbass in the ground every day don't take a word you say serious. We've caught you in so many lies, then make you look even more stupid by doing what I'm doing here.

Everyone knows, both democrat and republican, that you're an uneducated imbecile who just types shit and when questioned, you're ignorant ass makes up excuse after excuse when proven wrong.

We all saw you run like the bitch that you are with the challenge I made earlier, same goes here.... YOU are my bitch!!:-D how you like that assclown??

Since: Oct 09

#148181 Feb 5, 2014
and one more time...because I like this:

http://www.aaup.org/membership/meet-some-memb...
Uncle Tab

United States

#148182 Feb 5, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>Good night Uncle, it's good having you back
Night Cal! Good being back. Easy pickin's as usual.

ZERO debate skills/facts from the opposing party doesn't make it very difficult at all.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148183 Feb 5, 2014
<quoted text>Here is the Bitch Slap you so frequently beg for!

http://www.aaup.org/

^^^American Association of University Professors^^^
Yeah it's a UNION.

You want to by a "Union" T?

"We encourage chapters to buy AAUP T-shirts, pins, stickers, or other merchandise in bulk, which allows you to get lower prices and to buy from a union vendor."
We'll be waiting for a name, extension and all from UofL or UK.

You've got nothing to lose right?

And as everyone knows, since its in the Internet, it has to be true, right?

:-D get back with is as soon as you have the information lil fella. Heh
lemmehelp

Luck, WI

#148185 Feb 5, 2014
Police are seeking a Lexington woman accused of embezzling thousands of dollars from an apartment complex and faking tax returns and bank loans to support a lavish lifestyle on a $40,000 income.

Yarelis Rios is wanted on outstanding arrest warrants, Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said Wednesday. She said she couldn't comment further or detail the charges involved. But a federal affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Lexington states that "there is an active state arrest warrant for Rios regarding her embezzlement of monies ... and she remains a fugitive."

Rios vanished in December, shortly after police and federal agents began an investigation, the affidavit says.

Now, federal prosecutors contend that Rios' home on Rockminster Road "represents proceeds of forged checks, identity theft, wire fraud and money laundering," according to a complaint filed by Assistant U.S. Attorney Wade Napier. Prosecutors are seeking to have the property forfeited to the government.

An affidavit filed by U.S. Secret Service Agent Nevada Gump in support of the complaint describes how Rios allegedly bought a $425,000 home, expensive vehicles, big-screen TVs, home appliances and large quantities of brand-name clothing, jewelry, watches and accessories on a reported annual income of $40,000.

The affidavit says Rios embezzled thousands of dollars from the Thoroughbred Cross apartments on Village Drive, which she managed starting about March 2012. It also alleges that Rios completed fake income tax returns using people's names — apparently without their knowledge — and arranged for $313,000 in tax refunds to go into bank accounts controlled by her and her boyfriend, Artemio Ultrera Pimentel.

In addition, Rios used faked W-2 forms, altered pay stubs and faked bank statements to help secure an $80,000 home loan from Whitaker Bank, the affidavit says.

According to Gump's affidavit, the case began unfolding in early December, when Lexington police Detective Mike Helsby requested federal assistance with an "embezzlement case that had evolved into identity fraud and wire fraud."

Gump's affidavit said Rios had several Thoroughbred Cross tenants make full rent payments in cash, then recorded lesser amounts in the business's ledgers and kept the difference, according to the affidavit.

Rios and Pimentel also allegedly accepted money orders from Thoroughbred Crossing tenants, then forged more money orders and deposited them in bank accounts they controlled. Money from these accounts, plus the $80,000 Whitaker Bank loan, made up an $111,826 down payment on the Rockminster Road home, the affidavit says.

Police searched Rios' home in early December. Inside, they found televisions, clothing, jewelry, watches, thousands of dollars' worth of new tools and a $6,000 riding mower, Gump's affidavit says.

Rios was not home when police arrived. But police found her boyfriend, Pimentel, inside the house. He was taken into custody after officers found that he had a counterfeit U.S. resident alien ID card, Gump's affidavit says. Pimentel later was deported to Mexico after authorities determined that he was a non-immigrant alien with a previous felony conviction, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit says that other items found in Rios' home included altered pay stubs, apparently fraudulent tax returns, and a fraudulent W-2 form indicating Rios made $124,000 in 2012, instead of her actual pay of $40,000.

According to the affidavit, police also found numbers of tax returns with various Hispanics' names and personal information, which had been filed using TurboTax. All but three returns directed that refunds should go to U.S. bank accounts belonging to Rios and Pimentel, the affidavit says.
lemmehelp

Luck, WI

#148186 Feb 5, 2014
Dozens of downed trees and some flooded basements were the remnants Wednesday of the latest winter blast in Lexington after a night of power outages that affected thousands.

City street crews had received more than 50 calls concerning downed trees by Wednesday morning after the overnight ice storm, but streets were generally in good shape, said Rob Allen, acting deputy director of the streets and roads division.

City water-quality crews had received at least 18 calls about flooded basements, Allen said.

Statewide, no deaths or injuries were reported from the storm, said Buddy Rogers, spokesman for Kentucky Emergency Management. Problems mainly were limited to slick roads and power outages, Rogers said.

Allen said, "We have crews out doing trees; we have trucks out working on our priority roads. And water quality is out working, so we're staying busy.

"Fortunately," he said, "it looks like we didn't get the brunt of the ice."

Allen said temperatures rose overnight, helping crews that were clearing streets and roads. But it's expected to get colder during the day Wednesday, and that could pose more problems, he said.

"Mother nature was kind to us, and the warmer temperatures helped get rid of a lot of the snow and ice," Allen said. "But the projected highs the next two days are only in the mid-20s. So we're scrambling to get bus routes scraped and salted.

"The main roads are doing really well."

Meanwhile, about 1,600 homes in various parts of Lexington remained without electricity early Wednesday morning as a result of the storm, Kentucky Utilities said.

One of the affected areas was on Cleveland Road, where a power pole was reported down, KU spokesman Cliff Feltham said. Roughly 180 homes were affected there, he said.

Various parts of Lexington lost power overnight — affecting as many as 8,500 homes in one instance.

Overall, Feltham said, outages occurred overnight in 40 of the 77 counties served by Kentucky Utilities and LG&E.

The outages affected about 71,000 customers as of Wednesday morning, Feltham said. The total included 34,000 KU customers and about 37,000 LG&E customers, he said. KU and LG&E served more than 500,000 customers.

Power was lost in those areas about midnight and was restored about 3 a.m., he said.

"We've been busy overnight, and it hasn't been any large number of outages," Feltham said.

The number of outages kept fluctuating: As power was restored in one area, it went off in another, Feltham said.

"We're gaining some and then losing some," he said.

Repair crews were working on the problems and hoped to have power restored soon. However, Feltham predicted more scattered outages as the day continues.

"We still have ice on tree limbs, and wind speeds are supposed to pick up," he said. "With the ice falling off the lines and the lines snapping back into place and maybe more ice falling, we're going to experience some more outages over the course of today."

The major overnight outage in Lexington affected about 8,500 homes, mainly in the areas of Loudon Avenue west of Winchester Road, and Lakeshore Drive, Feltham said.

Gary Epperson, Clark County's emergency management director, said about 1,600 Clark Energy customers in the county were without power as of about 9 a.m. The county planned to open a shelter later Wednesday for those without power, he said.
Jay

Springville, TN

#148188 Feb 5, 2014
The very thing that will put the republicans back in the senate.

WATCH These Workers’ Faces As They Realize What ObamaCare Does To Them
January 31, 2014 by NewsEditor

A local news station brings viewers inside one Pennsylvania company as the employees there learn about their new health care plans under Obamacare…

http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-worker...

#148189 Feb 5, 2014
Sleep tight y'all!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#148190 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
The very thing that will put the republicans back in the senate.
WATCH These Workers’ Faces As They Realize What ObamaCare Does To Them
January 31, 2014 by NewsEditor
A local news station brings viewers inside one Pennsylvania company as the employees there learn about their new health care plans under Obamacare…
http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-worker...
Do you really think people cant see a set up like this, good try though.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/floyd-brown/

#148191 Feb 5, 2014
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think people cant see a set up like this, good try though.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/floyd-brown/
Dude I posted the original news cast of this yesterday, WTAE is an ABC affiliate station!

ABC not Fox,!

http://www.wtae.com/

© 2014, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WTAE-TV

http://www.wtae.com/#ixzz2sW9rY9gj

http://www.ksbw.com/tv/about

Holy Crap, are Democrats so totally brainwashed by Obama?
They have begun to open their eyes and now you won't even believe the truth from those who supported him...twice!

You will not open your eyes to truth, you must be a 3rd or 4th generation Democrat.

Flat Lick Ky.

#148192 Feb 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Dude I posted the original news cast of this yesterday, WTAE is an ABC affiliate station!
ABC not Fox,!
http://www.wtae.com/
© 2014, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WTAE-TV
http://www.wtae.com/#ixzz2sW9rY9gj
http://www.ksbw.com/tv/about
Holy Crap, are Democrats so totally brainwashed by Obama?
They have begun to open their eyes and now you won't even believe the truth from those who supported him...twice!
You will not open your eyes to truth, you must be a 3rd or 4th generation Democrat.
My family are Republicans, I was raised up in a republican household. Over 95 percent of my total family, cousins, aunts, uncles are all Republicans. Oh, my grandparents were Republicans also. I guess the news crew just happened to be at an employee meeting. Its obvious the whole thing was scripted.
Jay

Springville, TN

#148193 Feb 5, 2014
Oh yeah right. The news station was in cahoots with a fake film, just so they could put Obamacare down.

You are brainwashed, Twig....get with the program, listen to something else beside liberal news and you might learn how this country really feels about Obama's non-affordable care act!

Flat Lick Ky.

#148194 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
Oh yeah right. The news station was in cahoots with a fake film, just so they could put Obamacare down.
You are brainwashed, Twig....get with the program, listen to something else beside liberal news and you might learn how this country really feels about Obama's non-affordable care act!
Actually I'm not brainwashed. You see I watch a lot of CSPAN and lately I've been comparing what I know to be facts to several different news agencies, Fox included. You can believe me or not but CNN is closer to the truth than any of the others.
Booby trap

Louisville, KY

#148195 Feb 5, 2014
cnn yea....
Jay

Springville, TN

#148196 Feb 5, 2014
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
My family are Republicans, I was raised up in a republican household. Over 95 percent of my total family, cousins, aunts, uncles are all Republicans. Oh, my grandparents were Republicans also. I guess the news crew just happened to be at an employee meeting. Its obvious the whole thing was scripted.

It is possible there was more to this meeting than there was time to show it on the news. It is the way people feel about this non-working ACA. Just as an example.....between you and me, because everyone here is gone........my SIL was presented with an insurance form in Nov. His boss said they could pick out whatever plan they wanted, but to get back to him by Nov. 28th. He brings this thing home and asks me to read it. It was not a simple form with all the pays and co-pays depending on the issues involved. The bottom line was,$189 per week, with a $2500. deductible. It would take a lawyer to decipher the additional pays and co-pays, depending on the situation. He did not accept it. Simply would have eaten up a huge portion of his paycheck. He filed for taxes last week and was fined $200 for not having insurance. He said, H & R Block told him next year it would double, the year after it would be over $1000 fine.

Gotta love ACA? This is going to cause the Senate to lose to the republicans when it goes into full implementation this year.

By the way, if your whole family is republican and you were raised republican.....where did you go wrong?

Flat Lick Ky.

#148197 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible there was more to this meeting than there was time to show it on the news. It is the way people feel about this non-working ACA. Just as an example.....between you and me, because everyone here is gone........my SIL was presented with an insurance form in Nov. His boss said they could pick out whatever plan they wanted, but to get back to him by Nov. 28th. He brings this thing home and asks me to read it. It was not a simple form with all the pays and co-pays depending on the issues involved. The bottom line was,$189 per week, with a $2500. deductible. It would take a lawyer to decipher the additional pays and co-pays, depending on the situation. He did not accept it. Simply would have eaten up a huge portion of his paycheck. He filed for taxes last week and was fined $200 for not having insurance. He said, H & R Block told him next year it would double, the year after it would be over $1000 fine.
Gotta love ACA? This is going to cause the Senate to lose to the republicans when it goes into full implementation this year.
By the way, if your whole family is republican and you were raised republican.....where did you go wrong?
What is your son in-laws job title? To answer your question, I woke up and changed parties. My older brother is tea party, he wanted to know what news channel I watch and I said I watch a lot of CSPAN and he said that was the worst of them all if I wanted the truth I needed to watch Fox. That's what I would call brainwashed but what can you expect from a Republican?
Jay

Springville, TN

#148198 Feb 5, 2014
CBO: Obamacare Driving Millions Out of Work Force, Price Tag Tops $2 Trillion
Guy Benson | Feb 04, 2014

The Affordable Care Act will also reduce the number of fulltime workers by more than 2 million in coming years, congressional budget analysts said in the most detailed analysis of the law’s impact on jobs. The CBO said the law’s impact on jobs would be mostly felt starting after 2016. The agency previously estimated that the economy would have 800,000 fewer jobs as a result of the law. The impact is likely to be most felt, the CBO said, among low-wage workers. The agency said that most of the effect would come from Americans deciding not to seek work as a result of the ACA’s impact on the economy. Some workers may forgo employment, while others may reduce hours, for a equivalent of at least 2 million fulltime workers dropping out of the labor force.

Read the comments. These are real people, Twig, with real concerns.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/0...

Flat Lick Ky.

#148199 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
CBO: Obamacare Driving Millions Out of Work Force, Price Tag Tops $2 Trillion
Guy Benson | Feb 04, 2014
The Affordable Care Act will also reduce the number of fulltime workers by more than 2 million in coming years, congressional budget analysts said in the most detailed analysis of the law’s impact on jobs. The CBO said the law’s impact on jobs would be mostly felt starting after 2016. The agency previously estimated that the economy would have 800,000 fewer jobs as a result of the law. The impact is likely to be most felt, the CBO said, among low-wage workers. The agency said that most of the effect would come from Americans deciding not to seek work as a result of the ACA’s impact on the economy. Some workers may forgo employment, while others may reduce hours, for a equivalent of at least 2 million fulltime workers dropping out of the labor force.
Read the comments. These are real people, Twig, with real concerns.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/0...
I'll believe it when it happens and not until. Predictions are just that, predictions.
Jay

Springville, TN

#148201 Feb 5, 2014
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>What is your son in-laws job title? To answer your question, I woke up and changed parties. My older brother is tea party, he wanted to know what news channel I watch and I said I watch a lot of CSPAN and he said that was the worst of them all if I wanted the truth I needed to watch Fox. That's what I would call brainwashed but what can you expect from a Republican?

I can't really give you his job title because it would be too identifiable for a forum like this, but I will say he has a CDL. He works too hard to give that kind of money for health care that barely covers the average healthy young man on basic needs, like regular yearly check-ups, non-emergency-type visits to a doctor for issues that arise unexpectedly, in general. He won't go to the doctor for just anything, but sometimes you need to, and the doc gets $85 for a regular 15 min. office call, not to mention the cost of blood work. I fear many more Americans will be in this boat. They will pay for health care they barely use because of the high cost of deductibles. The only real thing it's good for is emergency medical, surgery perhaps or things of that nature.

By the way, there is a difference many times between a republican and a constitutional conservative.

Flat Lick Ky.

#148202 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't really give you his job title because it would be too identifiable for a forum like this, but I will say he has a CDL. He works too hard to give that kind of money for health care that barely covers the average healthy young man on basic needs, like regular yearly check-ups, non-emergency-type visits to a doctor for issues that arise unexpectedly, in general. He won't go to the doctor for just anything, but sometimes you need to, and the doc gets $85 for a regular 15 min. office call, not to mention the cost of blood work. I fear many more Americans will be in this boat. They will pay for health care they barely use because of the high cost of deductibles. The only real thing it's good for is emergency medical, surgery perhaps or things of that nature.
By the way, there is a difference many times between a republican and a constitutional conservative.
The ACA is not perfect and it has some serious failings that I hope will be corrected but that wont happen soon because the Republicans wont do anything to help fix it. All they are interested in is a repeal of the law to protect the big profits of Doctors, Hospitals, and Drug Companies. The Politicians need their cut of the lobbyists money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min usa 151,858
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 6 min Jason 47
Lay Principal 2 hr Illegal 3
Higher Property Taxes 15 hr taxpayer 17
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 16 hr patient 2
Older men Younger women 19 hr long cool woman 17
No regrets 21 hr Got nobody 8

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance