'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 233372 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Oct 09

#148096 Feb 5, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>So the nations debt at $17 trillion has nothing to do with Obama, it's all the Repub Congress? I mean if you cannot give Obama ANY credit for spending reductions than can you give him blame for debt increase?
Mr. Bass meet Mr. Ackwards...

hint (he's glaring at you...in your mirror.

:b
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148097 Feb 5, 2014
Why Thomas Jefferson Favored Profit Sharing

resident Obama's State of the Union speech last week focused on America's severe and growing inequality, but he stopped short of repeating the Founding Fathers' many warnings that this condition could doom American democracy.

The founders, despite decades of rancorous disagreements about almost every other aspect of their grand experiment, agreed that America would survive and thrive only if there was widespread ownership of land and businesses.

George Washington, nine months before his inauguration as the first president, predicted that America "will be the most favorable country of any kind in the world for persons of industry and frugality, possessed of moderate capital, to inhabit." And, he continued, "it will not be less advantageous to the happiness of the lowest class of people, because of the equal distribution of property."

The second president, John Adams, feared "monopolies of land" would destroy the nation and that a business aristocracy born of inequality would manipulate voters, creating "a system of subordination to all... The capricious will of one or a very few" dominating the rest. Unless constrained, Adams wrote, "the rich and the proud" would wield economic and political power that "will destroy all the equality and liberty, with the consent and acclamations of the people themselves."

James Madison, the Constitution's main author, described inequality as an evil, saying government should prevent "an immoderate, and especially unmerited, accumulation of riches." He favored "the silent operation of laws which, without violating the rights of property, reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity, and raise extreme indigents towards a state of comfort."

Alexander Hamilton, who championed manufacturing and banking as the first Treasury secretary, also argued for widespread ownership of assets, warning in 1782 that, "whenever a discretionary power is lodged in any set of men over the property of their neighbors, they will abuse it."

Late in life, Adams, pessimistic about whether the republic would endure, wrote that the goal of the democratic government was not to help the wealthy and powerful but to achieve "the greatest happiness for the greatest number."

Professor Joseph R. Blasi and Douglas L. Kruse of Rutgers and Richard B. Freeman of Harvard gathered many of the founders' writings on this topic for their new book, The Citizen's Share: Putting Ownership Back into Democracy. Copies are currently circulating among congressional staffers in both parties as politicians brace themselves to face what polls show is a rapidly rising concern among voters over economic gains concentrating at the top.

Since 1993, almost a quarter of all income growth in the U.S. has gone to the top 1 percent of the 1 percent, about 16,000 households. At the same time, the bottom 90 percent, more than 280 million people, reported less total real income in 2012 than in 1993.

Years of digging through 18th century records fleshed out the story, showing the founders' sustained interest in promoting yeoman farmers who owned their land. Research commissioned by Thomas Jefferson found that, when fishermen bargained for their pay in advance and shared in the profits, the operations were highly efficient.(My research assistants at Syracuse University College of Law have for years dug into colonial era and late 18th century American business records, and they have made similar findings.)

Washington and Jefferson recommended giving sharesmen five eighths of the subsidy, with the rest to ship owners. Owners who paid a fixed wage got nothing. It was a government carrot promoting both bargaining power for workers and more profitable enterprises.

Read entire article:
http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/02/07/why-thomas...

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA, and $$$$$$$$

DEMS = PEOPLE

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#148098 Feb 5, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Go fix you some "tea" old whitehead. You beat those scandal drums all you want. Voters know, the MAJORITY certainly does. Spin all you want and watch this better version of Jon taking fauxbox to task. haha
Jon Stewart Rips ‘Spite-Driven Anger Machine’ Fox for Endless Scandal Mongering
The Daily Show's Jon Stewart once again gives the haters over at Faux "news" the treatment they deserve.
The Daily Show's Jon Stewart took a well deserved swipe at Fox "news" following Bill O'Reilly's interview with President Obama prior to the Super Bowl, which was just the latest example of their endless scandal mongering over the IRS, DOJ, NSA and Benghazi.
As Stewart noted, the talking heads over there can't even decide which of their so-called scandals is supposed to be distracting from the other fake scandals. It doesn't matter though. Stewart summed up what Fox does right out of the box after showing President Obama calling out Bill-O for their scandal mongering this Sunday:
STEWART: That is quite an accusation... that Fox News unfairly promotes and in some cases creates scandals, for the sole purpose of undermining this president. Although, in Obama's defense, this is true. That is exactly what Fox does every day, with the exception of the one hour every two weeks, where John Stossel exposes how homeless people are scamming the system.
Naturally, the wingnuts over at Faux "news" didn't respond well. Bravo again to Jon Stewart for giving the haters over at the "spite-driven anger machine" the treatment they deserve.
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/02/jon-stewart...
Keep spinning your teabagging fauxbox bullshit. It won't matter anymore than it did in 2008 or 2012. hahaha Watch for it.
HILLARY 2016
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Stomp away loser lemmings. haha Spin those poxies.
"spite-driven anger machine" ?

compared to "tail wagging lap dog machines"

So there is only "ONE" Fox News...

How many tail wagging lap dogs?

How many Chris Matthews', Dan Rathers', Rachel Madows', remain in those ranks sewing the seeds of misinformation, race baiting, progressive propaganda?
How many against one cable news network...and still Fox remains NUMBER 1.

#148099 Feb 5, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>So the nations debt at $17 trillion has nothing to do with Obama, it's all the Repub Congress? I mean if you cannot give Obama ANY credit for spending reductions than can you give him blame for debt increase?
Although G.W. spent "like a liberal" two wrongs do not make a right!

Quit griping about the facts that bite you in the @$$!
Obama is a failure!

The big stimulus simply prolonged a real recovery, printing money isn't working and very soon the economy will get even worse!
Look at the cities, counties all over America going broke...does that happen in a "recovery"?
What has Obama done for "his people"? Why is the (black) unemployment rate higher than when he took office?

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#148100 Feb 5, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Even The GOP Women Are Getting Tired Of The GOP’s Attitude Toward Women

Conservative and liberal alike, the women in this country are fed up with the GOP’s callous lack of regard for their rights and the rights and well-being of children. But there is one little detail that the whole GOP lot seems to have forgotten: women vote.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/even-gop-w...

Mitch McCONnell voted against the Violence Against Women Act and
voted against the Equal Pay For Women (passed anyway)

Women won't forget.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Yawn, republican women don't fall for liberal fertilizer.

#148101 Feb 5, 2014
Come on Judge, tell me why?

"Here are the facts: In November 2008, the black unemployment rate was 11.1 percent. By June 2012, the number had risen to 14.4 percent. In the same period the overall unemployment rate increased from 6.5 percent to 7.4 percent."

and today? Is it better (11.1 versus 11.6).

" In addition, labor department statistics released in December, show that while the overall unemployment rate has decreased from 7.0 percent to 6.7 percent, the joblessness rate for African-Americans hovers at 11.6 percent, and 32.2 percent for blacks between the ages of 16 and 19."

http://www.acton.org/pub/commentary/2012/07/1...

http://washingtoninformer.com/news/2014/feb/0...

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#148102 Feb 5, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Only problem with your theory of the Tea Party growing is there is NOT one source of information in the entire US that does NOT show a decline in both the Tea Party and the Republican Party numbers.
Reading brings the world to your door. Open it and learn.
Positronium

Gloversville, NY

#148103 Feb 5, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Only problem with your theory of the Tea Party growing is there is NOT one source of information in the entire US that does NOT show a decline in both the Tea Party and the Republican Party numbers.
Link? Nobody knows the true numbers. period.
For each member that is active there are a thousand that aren't and we see the 2- party collusion.
Positronium

Gloversville, NY

#148104 Feb 5, 2014
Reading Everything, and I mean everything, brings the world to your door.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#148105 Feb 5, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading brings the world to your door. Open it and learn.
Help me out since I cannot find one piece of evidence that the Tea Party or the Republican Party has increased in numbers or support over the past two years. All anyone on here needs to do to prove me a liar is just post information that contradicts my post.
putuporshutup

Cub Run, KY

#148106 Feb 5, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Without the Givernment you would starve you little nit wit.
Don't you dare sell Ari short!
He is a TREMENDOUS nitwit!

Location hidden

#148107 Feb 5, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Although G.W. spent "like a liberal" two wrongs do not make a right!
Quit griping about the facts that bite you in the @$$!
Obama is a failure!
The big stimulus simply prolonged a real recovery, printing money isn't working and very soon the economy will get even worse!
Look at the cities, counties all over America going broke...does that happen in a "recovery"?
What has Obama done for "his people"? Why is the (black) unemployment rate higher than when he took office?
You did hear about the US and world economic collapse of 2008? I'm still contemplating how you give no credit to Obama for spending reductions but blame him for the Debt.
The Debt problem is quit simple to understand. If someone hands you a credit card with $5.5 Trillion on it PLUS monthly bills that are $1.7 Trillion per year than you have income. Of course the credit card Debt will go up. As matter of fact by 2020 it will be around $22 Trillion no matter who's President unless we get those death panels started for all you old people eating up 46% of the Budget.
The US may succumb to the Repub healthcare Plan. Got the money live if not die.

“You gotta love me!”

Since: Sep 12

I walk amongst thee

#148108 Feb 5, 2014
Positronium wrote:
Reading Everything, and I mean everything, brings the world to your door.
truism #?
Jay

Springville, TN

#148109 Feb 5, 2014
Stuck In The Senate by Harry Reid:

Bills Passed by the House

No wonder they can't get anything done.

http://majorityleader.gov/bill-tracker/

#148110 Feb 5, 2014
putuporshutup wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you dare sell Ari short!
He is a TREMENDOUS nitwit!
I have a fan club!

How many liberals (socks and all) does it take to debate one opposing view?

...as many as you have, bring it on sheeple!

Location hidden

#148111 Feb 5, 2014
Jay wrote:
Stuck In The Senate by Harry Reid:
Bills Passed by the House
No wonder they can't get anything done.
http://majorityleader.gov/bill-tracker/
We know 43 out of the 170 have repeal, delay or defund Obamacare. So that's a waste of time. And here again is what Repubs do to Bills that 90% of Americans would have wanted:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#148112 Feb 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha, I am the "ANARCHIST", you may be close...but Monica took the last cigar!
...literally!
It's 152 not 180, that was by your FUBAR scale.
Whatever test applies you end up on the bottom...scratch that...YOU LOSE!
you're a little schizo, too.

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#148113 Feb 5, 2014
>too< [to]
...not enough coffee yet.
;/
152? snicker...
Uncle Tab

United States

#148114 Feb 5, 2014
<quoted text>Then you can post the decision they issued which overrides the bill of rights and upholds Executive Order # 13603?
Please provide that link?
The one that invalidates the 3rd,4th, and 10 amendments?
Getting desperate I see.

The SC hasn't even set a conference on it. That EO isn't ANYWHERE on the SCOTUS's website.

If it were, and you knew how to operate the Internet, you would have posted it.

But you ignorant fools drink that fear Koolaid by the 55 Gallon drum.

It's very pathetic, after your ignorant ass has been proven wrong over and over and over, to ask the person that owned you in the debate to prove your point. I proved MY point. You can't prove yours. That's why you continuously dance an prance around thinking you can simple 'say' something is Unconstitutional.

Your mental issues and lack of understanding reality, how a debates works, and facts, make you look amazingly STUPID every single day.

Why can't you back up the BS you out here?? If you're not lying, POST THE LINK!

You can't.
Uncle Tab

United States

#148115 Feb 5, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Debt Up $6.666 Trillion Under Obama...
ObamaCare job loss report turbocharges Twitter; Sen. Roberts asks ‘Were the books cooked?’
Link?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Guys at union that go by yk 1 hr Whitey800 2
Black tj Johnson on drugs 1 hr Whitey800 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminalsForever 149,858
Natasha brown 2 hr Mack 1
Hedrick cemetery 4 hr Linnie 2
outlaws 4 hr xxx 12
electronic harassment 4 hr DroneWool 22

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages