'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 186081 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143506 Jan 7, 2014
Emanuel Cleaver pens song for Rand Paul

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver says he has a song he’s working on for Sen. Rand Paul and others who oppose extending unemployment benefits to sing.

“In 1966, your former boss, Rev, wrote a song called,‘Say it loud, I’m black and I’m proud,’” Cleaver told host the Rev. Al Sharpton on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation” on Monday night.“I’m writing on a song now that I hope Sen. Paul and others will sing. It’s called,‘Say it loud, I’m stingy and I’m stuck,’ because I think that that’s exactly what is going on here.”

The Missouri Democrat was responding to comments from Paul that extended unemployment benefits act as a “disincentive” for unemployed people to look for work. He said that was untrue of his constituents that are receiving unemployment insurance.

“It is frustrating for many of them to receive aid, because they are people who have been working on jobs. And many of them are struggling,” Cleaver said.“Most of those people are embarrassed and are wanting to do something.”

Cleaver said the Kentucky Republican senator should know that.
“Sen. Paul knows better than that. He’s from Kentucky, a very poor state.”

The Senate is scheduled to vote Tuesday morning on a proposal to extend for three months unemployment benefits, which expired in late December. Ahead of the vote, the margin appeared to be very close. If it passes the Senate, the bill also faces an uphill climb in the House.
Cleaver said he hopes the bill will get a vote in the House and that Republicans join with Democrats to pass the extension.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/emanuel...

hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: May 11

UK

#143507 Jan 7, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
How many terrorist attacks have been accomplished on Obama's watch? Remember you can't count the Ft. Hood terrorist attack because the Obama administration classified it as "workplace violence" and you can't count the Little Rock terrorist attack because this administration classified that as a "drive-by shooting" and you can't count the terrorists involvement in Benghazi because Hitlary and her news media buddies still claim it was the youtube video that sparked outrage or was it a demonstration that just got out of hand or...oh, what the hell does it matter at this point except that it not be classified as what it really is, a terrorist attack on United States soil, so the unimportant details won't hamper Hitlary's run for president. What about Brian Terry's murder? If the drug cartel aren't terrorists then I don't know who would qualify as such! You hypocrites went on and on about Bush not getting up and running out of the room and scaring the hell out of the young children in the classroom he was visiting when he first heard the news about the 9/11 attack. Yet Obama went on to bed after being informed about the real-time terrorist attack on Americans in Benghazi and then flew to Vegas to party with Hollywood's richest 1%er couple and new best friends of the Obama's...Jay Z and Beyonce. Money, money, money, campaign, campaign, campaign!
Why is it that you hypocrites conveniently forget ALL the DETAILS and FACTS when discussing issues? Enjoy your fun facts of the day! You're welcome!
I’d like to hear your opinion and your OUTRAGE regarding the attack on the US Embassy in India in 2002 where five people lost their lives?

Or the Embassy in Karachi in 2002 where twelve people were killed and fifty one injured?

Or the attack on the Denpasar mission in Indonesia where consular offices were bombed(no deaths this time).

Or yet another attack on US consular property in Pakistan in 2003 killing two?

Or the 2003 attack in Riyadh where thirty six people are killed?

Or the 2004 attack in the Uzbek capital of Tashkent killing two?

Or the 2004 attack on the US consulate in Jeddah killing nine?

Or the 2006 attack AGAIN in Karachi in 2006 which killed four people? The THIRD ATTACK IN PAKISTAN IN FOUR YEARS!

Or the attack in Damascus in 2006 killing four and wounding thirteen?

Or the attack in Athens in 2007(no fatalities or injuries this time)?

Or the 2008 attack in Yemen killing two?

Or the 2008 attack in Istanbul killing six?

Or yet another attack in 2008 on the consulate in Yemen, the second attack on the same embassy in seven months where sixteen people die?

Thats a whole lot of ‘Bengazi’s’ which I’m pretty sure you’ve never even heard of, and why is that?

Well let me tell you, all these attacks happened before the 30th of January 2009(Inauguration day of the 44th President of The United States, Mr Barrack Hussein Obama, JD), so it doesn’t spin well when the republicans actually had more ‘Bengazi’s’ than the democrats.

The only people who fall for this nonsense are the teabaggers with their mouths stuffed with ball sacks of Republican spin, which doesn’t actually hold water to anyone with more than a secondary school education.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143509 Jan 7, 2014
Jon Stewart Hammers Ridiculous Fox News Claims on Climate Change During Cold Spell

As a political commentator, I’m usually open to discussing almost anything political. It’s my job, why wouldn’t I? But not only that, I’ve always been interested in how other people think and behave. The inner workings of the mind and how we process information is really a fascinating process.

That being said, there are some topics I simply won’t discuss because they’re simply too ridiculous to even debate. For example, I refuse to engage “birthers.” If you’re that blind to facts, and that paranoid, why even bother wasting my time? People who deny climate change are another group of individuals I simply refuse to even bother with. Sure, I’ll write about the subject, but I refuse to engage in any back and forth with these idiots.

And yes, I use the word “idiots” because that’s what you have to be to really believe climate change is some kind of global liberal hoax.
Has there been science behind the phenomenon that’s been exaggerated? Of course. Hell, I can even find PhD scientists who say there’s no such thing as climate change.

But guess what? These people represent the extreme minority of the scientific community which supports climate change as a whole. And it’s not as if only 60-70% of the world’s scientists believe in climate change — the overwhelming majority of them (usually listed around 95-97% of them) believe wholeheartedly in man-made climate change.
So, when Jon Stewart sees the clowns on Fox News using a weekend cold spell to “discredit” countless hours of scientific data proving climate change is real, it’s understandable that his head nearly exploded.

Stewart went on to slam the usual Fox News anti-climate change rhetoric by saying that just because something is “your f*cking opinion” doesn’t make it scientific fact. He then went on to mock Eric Bolling who claimed that climate scientists are embarking on exotic arctic vacations on lavish ships. Stewart used the term “thousandaires” to describe the fact that most scientists aren’t anything close to rich, unlike the millionaires/billionaires who stand to profit heavily off the belief that climate change is a hoax.

He then went on to take several jabs at Donald Trump’s assertion that this cold weather proves climate change is fake. Because, you know, if Donald Trump says it – it must be true.

Let me go ahead and break down the Fox News “expertise” behind climate change being a hoax: If you stick your head out of a window and it’s cold, that proves climate change is a hoax.
That’s about it.

But I love how when massive heat waves and droughts are gripping this country (and world for that matter) like they have for the last several years, Fox News doesn’t say a single word.

It’s just amazing how tens of millions of people actually believe this Fox News nonsense.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/jon-stewar...

The Global Warming Hoax

Global warming alarmists continue pushing their radical position amid frigid winter conditions.(03:42)
http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Hope you caught Jon and Colbert last night Calvin, they were hilarious as usual.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143510 Jan 7, 2014
large mouth wrote:
<quoted text> this idiot just mumbles off the wall crap and calls it fact. Typical of all liberals.
AND we know why you are a largemouth, don't we sockboy? hahaha

I will post it all for you again dumbass like I have for the whitehair teabagger. Not that you circus clown socks could comprehend the truth. It's that fauxbox teabagger mentality you loser lemmings suffer from. Glad you idiots are the minority. lmao@you sockboy

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143511 Jan 7, 2014
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I’d like to hear your opinion and your OUTRAGE regarding the attack on the US Embassy in India in 2002 where five people lost their lives?
Or the Embassy in Karachi in 2002 where twelve people were killed and fifty one injured?
Or the attack on the Denpasar mission in Indonesia where consular offices were bombed(no deaths this time).
Or yet another attack on US consular property in Pakistan in 2003 killing two?
Or the 2003 attack in Riyadh where thirty six people are killed?
Or the 2004 attack in the Uzbek capital of Tashkent killing two?
Or the 2004 attack on the US consulate in Jeddah killing nine?
Or the 2006 attack AGAIN in Karachi in 2006 which killed four people? The THIRD ATTACK IN PAKISTAN IN FOUR YEARS!
Or the attack in Damascus in 2006 killing four and wounding thirteen?
Or the attack in Athens in 2007(no fatalities or injuries this time)?
Or the 2008 attack in Yemen killing two?
Or the 2008 attack in Istanbul killing six?
Or yet another attack in 2008 on the consulate in Yemen, the second attack on the same embassy in seven months where sixteen people die?
Thats a whole lot of ‘Bengazi’s’ which I’m pretty sure you’ve never even heard of, and why is that?
Well let me tell you, all these attacks happened before the 30th of January 2009(Inauguration day of the 44th President of The United States, Mr Barrack Hussein Obama, JD), so it doesn’t spin well when the republicans actually had more ‘Bengazi’s’ than the democrats.
The only people who fall for this nonsense are the teabaggers with their mouths stuffed with ball sacks of Republican spin, which doesn’t actually hold water to anyone with more than a secondary school education.
Love it. Thanks for posting. They are pathetic fauxbox brainwashed circus clown socks aren't they. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143512 Jan 7, 2014
Just for giggles..

whitehair
Eminence, KY
|#113506 PAGE 5026
Monday Aug 5
You have really sucked in to the false news of the Party.. One bad thing to do. Clinton trained the Pilots. Bush just got there in time to take the blow. He failed no one. You fail to look at the whole picture . Dark Glass is not easy to see thru. Keep trying, maybe squint a little!
Monday Aug 5
Talk about false news party...you teabagging republiCONS lead in that department. Clinton trained pilots? hahaha Please show me one mention of Clinton doing that. Let me remind you what a failure he was on 9/11. Find your bifocals and take YOUR blind dark glasses off. Do you squint when you see the truth? You do know that it was 9/11 2001 right? Your failed President Bush was in the White House. Let me educate you on the truth and feel free to research it yourself:

9/11 Flashback
In the Sept. 11 attacks, 19 foreign nationals hijacked four commercial airliners and used the planes as weapons to hit the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in the nation's capital. Several of the hijackers attended more than a dozen American flight schools in the weeks before the attacks to learn how to fly the jets.
http://news.yahoo.com/9-11-flashback-us-fligh ...

Here try reviewing the many 9/11 videos of people dying, jumping out of windows, firefighter running into a jet fuel burning building and tell me why you repukes will dwell on a terrorist attack with little warning killing 4 Americans in a hostile terrorist filled country and not the 3000+ Bush had months and months of warnings about? Can't answer can you old man.

September 11 2001 Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143513 Jan 7, 2014
|#113625 page 5031
Monday Aug 5
Here you go old whitehair: Dispute this?

While America Slept: The True Story of 9/11

The big stories in the news were about shark attacks, wildfires and a missing Congressional intern named Chandra. A teenage baseball player became a hero, and then a villain, after he pitched a perfect game at the Little League World Series. There were also inklings that something might be amiss at an energy company called Enron. By the summer of 2001, Americans had become all too familiar with "hanging chads," but few had ever heard of al Qaeda or Osama bin Laden.
While the nation drifted through the dog days, however, a group of terrorists was in the final stages of planning a series of attacks that would kill 3,000 people on September 11. Much of the federal government seemed to have been in a summer daze as well, missing the warning signs of what would become the deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil. While some in the intelligence community raised red flags, the White House had brushed off warnings of an impending attack and the CIA was failing to share information with the FBI about the terrorists' travels.

We also watch as CIA analysts and FBI agents try to sound the alarm about the rising threat, and are ignored.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ten-years-ago-t ...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143514 Jan 7, 2014
#113625 page 5031
Monday Aug 5
Here you go old whitehair: Dispute this?

While America Slept: The True Story of 9/11

The big stories in the news were about shark attacks, wildfires and a missing Congressional intern named Chandra. A teenage baseball player became a hero, and then a villain, after he pitched a perfect game at the Little League World Series. There were also inklings that something might be amiss at an energy company called Enron. By the summer of 2001, Americans had become all too familiar with "hanging chads," but few had ever heard of al Qaeda or Osama bin Laden.
While the nation drifted through the dog days, however, a group of terrorists was in the final stages of planning a series of attacks that would kill 3,000 people on September 11. Much of the federal government seemed to have been in a summer daze as well, missing the warning signs of what would become the deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil. While some in the intelligence community raised red flags, the White House had brushed off warnings of an impending attack and the CIA was failing to share information with the FBI about the terrorists' travels.

We also watch as CIA analysts and FBI agents try to sound the alarm about the rising threat, and are ignored.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143516 Jan 7, 2014
September 4, 2001

Another Warning About Moussaoui
Senior security officials at the Federal Aviation Administration are finally told by the FBI that a suspected terrorist by the name of Zacarias Moussaoui may have been training to hijack a 747 aircraft at Kennedy airport in New York. The FAA does not issue any additional security alerts.

Rice and Clarke Discuss Al Qaeda
After requesting an immediate meeting months earlier, Richard Clarke finally meets with National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice and other administration officials to discuss the al Qaeda threat against the United States. That same day, Clarke issues a memo urging officials to imagine hundreds dying because of the government's reluctance to pursue al Qaeda.

September 5, 2001

The French Warn the U.S. About Al Qaeda
In Paris, FBI and CIA officials attend an emergency session at the French Ministry of the Interior. The Americans are given information on the bin Laden ties of Zacarias Moussaoui, but his case remains on the FBI back burner.

September 10, 2001

'Tomorrow Is Zero Day'
Outside Washington at the headquarters of the National Security Agency, electronic intercepts pick up conversations between two suspected Al Qaeda leaders. One reads, "The match begins tomorrow"; the other, "Tomorrow is zero day." The conversations will not be translated and transcribed until September 12th.

It's a 30 day event calendar with their daily stock up on supplies, tickets, clothes, hotels...feel free to read how they freely roamed our country plotting to kill thousands if not millions. But beat Benghazi in the ground because Congress defunded them.

The result was a national tragedy that left nearly 3,000 dead.

President Bush has said repeatedly that he would have done everything in his power to thwart the terror attacks had he known that they were coming.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new -...

Two Months Before 9/11, an Urgent Warning to Rice
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ ...

Bush ignored 9/11 warnings
http://www.salon.com/2012/09/11/bush_missed_9 ...

Bush Warned of Hijackings Before 9-11 - ABC News
abcnews.go.com › U.S.

New book points damning finger at Bush administration saying they were warned about 9/11 earlier than first thought classified documents and other sources, reported that the CIA first sounded the alarm on May 1 that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new -...

BUSH WAS WARNED BIN LADEN WANTED TO HIJACK …
www.nytimes.com

CNN.com - Bush briefed on hijacking threat before September 11 ...
< www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/15/bush.sept.11/index .... ;

10 Warnings About 9/11 Attacks that Pres. George W. Bush …
voices.yahoo.com/10-warnings-9-11-attacks-pre ...

Apr 27, 2010 · It is a sad, tragic truth that the attacks of 9/11 could have been avoided. The Bush administration has tried to pretend they had no prior knowledge.

The Bush White House Was Deaf To 9/11 Warnings
< www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/bush-white -... ;

Bush Received More Warnings About 9/11 Than We Realized -…
< www.businessinsider.com/...warnings...by-the -... ;

< www.truth-out.org/...that-george-w-bush-was-a ... ;
Remembering that George W. Bush Was Amply Warned Before 9/11 and Did Nothing, Absolutely Nothing!

As the 9/11 Commission noted, "There were more than 40 intelligence articles in the PDBS [Presidential Daily Briefings] from January 21 to September 11

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#143518 Jan 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Call when the charges are filed.
Same for your impeachment fantasy, rube. LMAO.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143519 Jan 7, 2014
If you politicized Benghazi for months, then cheered when the sequester cut $79 million more from the Embassy Security budget.

All while dismissing the failure of a President that let 3,000 people die and start 2 Wars for more to die without catching the leader of the terrorist.....you might be a REPUBLICON.

and the next day teabagging old man whitehair totally ignored it and when on to sling other shit.

|#113915 page 5045
Wednesday Aug 7

OH, yeah whitehair, where is your response to the bullshit on 9/11 you said. You know "Clinton trained the terrorists to be pilots" and "Bush wasn't a failure on 9/11. I posted plenty to prove you were full of it. Chirp, chirp....

Didn't think so, you repukes run and ignore the truth everytime you are proven wrong. Show me different. Bush WAS a failure.

Wednesday Aug 7

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we were not told just what it was Bush had Congress approve. Sort of like we were not told till now it is coming out , just what Obama Care would do to all of us.
However, you must be aware Obama has just improved and magnified on what Bush started??This is keeping Americans safer???
And all you jerks can think of is it was Bush`s fault???
Now who is the moron??

YOU are, moron. Where's the response to all the lies I disputed for your ignorant comments about Clinton teaching the terrorist to fly and bush not being a 9/11 failure? huh? Don't have anything but some more lies like that. You are a moron. Your Obamacare bullshit has been disputed over and over, just ask the weeper of the house about his tweet to Ohio constituents. No wonder you lemming tools lose elections. haha RIP GOP

You are a pathetic, delusional, fauxbox, lemming tool old man.

|#113992 page 5048
Wednesday Aug 7
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about false news party...you teabagging republiCONS lead in that department. Clinton trained pilots? hahaha Please show me one mention of Clinton doing that. Let me remind you what a failure he was on 9/11. Find your bifocals and take YOUR blind dark glasses off. Do you squint when you see the truth? You do know that it was 9/11 2001 right? Your failed President Bush was in the White House. Let me educate you on the truth and feel free to research it yourself:

whitehair wrote:
Again you flaunt the idea you have made up. It is not so that the Repubs are interested in closing the gov`t down. They simply want to defund Obama Care. If Obama will not agree, it is Obama that will close down the Gov`t and even then the Repubs indicate they will fund the necessary functions.
Been listening to you people too much. And your Party line is lying to us all!!!

Aww, no comments on the lies you spewed about 9/11? Sore subject for you losers eh? Like the Nixon era wire taps eh? As well as all the repuke/teabagging articles of REAL NEWS with them saying they will while fighting with the GOP about not shutting down gov't. You obviously don't acknowledge the 60 million dollars of tax payer money used to repeal a law upheld by the Supreme Court (MOST handpicked by your bush). Keep spinning the truth old man, I will still post my rebuttals, while you pull shit out of your ass as the gospel truth. And you wonder why you clowns lose elections. Get use to it. The MAJORITY is watching. YOU people define deception in party politics. Keep dreaming.

ONLY the GOP (a few, NOT all) and all the teabaggers want to shut gov't down for the repeal of The Affordable Care Act. Keep trying, it ain't gonna happen. Deal with it teabagger.

By the way dumbass, I didn't write all those articles YOU are so determined to dispute. Where's your's?

Still denying to this day...

THERE you go LARGEMOUTH sockboy. Choke on those facts for awhile. Sucker

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143520 Jan 7, 2014
There you go LARGEMOUTH. Suck on those facts sockboy.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#143521 Jan 7, 2014
MUST SEE! This ‘Tea Party Anthem’ Is Hilarious… And Depressingly True (Video)

David Ippolito, better known as “That Guitar Man From Central Park,” has been entertained hundreds of thousands of people with his music for more than a generation.“That Guitar Man” regularly covers hits from Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Tom Petty, and more–but his original music is what is truly impressive.

Ippolito’s subject matter varies, but he often delves into important political topics with tunes like “Resolution,” which demands investigation into U.S. officials that approved torture. Of course, he likes to have a little fun, too! In a performance at Merkin Concert Hall in New York City,” David regaled the crowd with a tune that explained the Tea Party’s mentality so perfectly and so hilariously that we absolutely had to make sure that you had the chance to enjoy it for yourselves!

Ippolito’s “Tea Party Anthem (I Want My Country Back)” provides a frighteningly hilarious look into the dangerous minds of the American Taliban. Enjoy the song for yourself below!

- See more at: http://aattp.org/must-see-this-tea-party-anth...

Disgusting teabagger mentality.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

UK

#143522 Jan 7, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I noticed all of the leading providers of the canard were left wing loon sites.[...]

[nonsense redacted for brevity]

link to post: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...

[...]"cheap political exploitation and finger-pointing at its basest."
The Daily Mail is a left wing loon site? You'd love it, The Mail adored Adolph Hitler and the blackshirts. LMAO

The New York Times is a left wing loon site?

The Daily Telegraph is a left wing loon site?

There were 7 briefings and if I recall the 9/11 commission report correctly the term used was "the system was flashing red". The Pentagon which was now staffed by idiot neocons decided that the CIA had 'been fooled' and that iraq was the target even though the Chechen islamics were pissing their pants with excitement over the upcoming attacks in New York.

It seems the only people who don't know this are you lot of poor incompetents who are still reciting the mantra, "Bush kept us safe, Bush kept us safe, Bush kept us safe" he lost the twin towers and all of the persons killed in his little expedition into the middle east and the hindu cush which has killed 4 times more(non muslim) people than the twin towers attacks and created a new generation of Islamic terrorists who didn't exist before. How safe is that?

So Yay! Yay for Bush, a true American hero....Mission Accomplished....but all the while he, truly was "not that concerned about Osama Bin Laden"...go figure. LOL
Grand Old Tea Party

Gardner, MA

#143523 Jan 7, 2014
whitehair wrote:
Global warming? The temperature in Louisvile, ky. is (0). That is zero !!! North is below zero. as on the Eastern States. Where is the global warming?? We would like some of it shipped in here!!!
God you people are idiots, weather is not climate douche! Events are not indicitive of TRENDS.

Oh WTF am I thinking, you have zero intrest in knowing reality, your noise machine echo chamber tells you to gripe every winter about warming, cause you're f-ing stupid! Here you are on que, predictable, easily lead and stupid!

"Brad Plumer added that temperatures in the United States do not necessarily reflect temperatures on the entire planet. While many Americans had to bundle up in December 2013, preliminary data suggests last month “was tied for the 2nd-hottest December on record since 1979, the beginning of satellite measurements,” and global average temperatures for all of 2013 “are expected to be among the 10 highest since 1850.”

"Every year, much of the world experiences a phenomenon known as “seasons.” For many Americans, this means higher temperatures in the summer and lower temperatures in the winter. What does this have to do with global climate change? Not a whole lot.

But just as one season leads to another, the transition from fall to winter brings out the worst in too many conservatives. Indeed, in seems every winter, like clockwork, far-right yahoos start arguing,“It’s cold in winter, therefore global warming can’t be real.” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), playing his usual role, insisted yesterday that freezing temperatures in much of the country is obviously proof that climate science itself is “laughable.”

Something in this debate is laughable, but I’m afraid it isn’t the science.

Inhofe is hardly alone. As Chris Mooney noted the other day, plenty of notable figures on the right – Rush Limbaugh, Rep. John Fleming (R-La.), Donald Trump, Drudge, Erick Erickson, et al – pushed the same argument. Fox Business’ Stuart Varney went so far as to say,“[W]e’re looking at global cooling, forget this global warming.”

And so we are forced once more to remind conservatives that cold winter weather in our part of the planet does not disprove global warming. Mooney patiently explained:

1. Statements about climate trends must be based on, er, trends. Not individual events or occurrences. Weather is not climate, and anecdotes are not statistics.

2. Global warming is actually expected to increase “heavy precipitation in winter storms,” and for the Northern Hemisphere, there is evidence that these storms are already more frequent and intense, according to the draft U.S. National Climate Assessment.

3. Antarctica is a very cold place. But global warming is affecting it as predicted: Antarctica is losing ice overall, according to the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. However, sea ice is a different matter than land-based or glacial ice. Antarctic sea ice is increasing, and moreover, the reason for this may be climate change!(For more, read here.)

Brad Plumer added that temperatures in the United States do not necessarily reflect temperatures on the entire planet. While many Americans had to bundle up in December 2013, preliminary data suggests last month “was tied for the 2nd-hottest December on record since 1979, the beginning of satellite measurements,” and global average temperatures for all of 2013 “are expected to be among the 10 highest since 1850.”

You will no doubt receive an all-caps email soon from your wacky uncle who watches Fox News all day, perhaps with a picture of icicles attached, intended to serve as proof that climate change is a hoax. Gently remind him that winter weather in one country in January isn’t evidence of much, and if he’s interested in relying on evidence as part of the debate, there’s voluminous scientific data for him to check out that goes beyond looking out a window."

UK

#143524 Jan 7, 2014
So I heard that the Orange Mormon was being sued in Federal Court for Racketeering....that's new and different LMFAO.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#143525 Jan 7, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
How many terrorist attacks have been accomplished on Obama's watch? Remember you can't count the Ft. Hood terrorist attack because the Obama administration classified it as "workplace violence" and you can't count the Little Rock terrorist attack because this administration classified that as a "drive-by shooting" and you can't count the terrorists involvement in Benghazi because Hitlary and her news media buddies still claim it was the youtube video that sparked outrage or was it a demonstration that just got out of hand or...oh, what the hell does it matter at this point except that it not be classified as what it really is, a terrorist attack on United States soil, so the unimportant details won't hamper Hitlary's run for president. What about Brian Terry's murder? If the drug cartel aren't terrorists then I don't know who would qualify as such! You hypocrites went on and on about Bush not getting up and running out of the room and scaring the hell out of the young children in the classroom he was visiting when he first heard the news about the 9/11 attack. Yet Obama went on to bed after being informed about the real-time terrorist attack on Americans in Benghazi and then flew to Vegas to party with Hollywood's richest 1%er couple and new best friends of the Obama's...Jay Z and Beyonce. Money, money, money, campaign, campaign, campaign!
Why is it that you hypocrites conveniently forget ALL the DETAILS and FACTS when discussing issues? Enjoy your fun facts of the day! You're welcome!
Starting with Reagan in 1983 every President except Bush41 has had MORE non-military Americans killed by Islamic terrorist than Obama. Under Obama there have been 2 more killed than under Bush41. You Repubs are the most hypocritical bastards on the planet. Bush had 3000 dead Americans on American soil but yet you bitch daily about 4 in a terrorist nation that got killed.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#143527 Jan 7, 2014
Oh, and by the way the reason you have to start with Reagan as the beginning of Islamic Terrorist killing Americans is because before Reagan had them trained by the CIA there were no Islamic Terrorist killing Americans.

UK

#143528 Jan 7, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Starting with Reagan in 1983 every President except Bush41 has had MORE non-military Americans killed by Islamic terrorist than Obama. Under Obama there have been 2 more killed than under Bush41. You Repubs are the most hypocritical bastards on the planet. Bush had 3000 dead Americans on American soil but yet you bitch daily about 4 in a terrorist nation that got killed.
13 embassy attacks under Bush...not a peep out of them. Sometimes on the same embassy within months...not a peep out of them.

One word from O'Really, Sean Hilarity or St. Limburger of Viagra and you can just wind them up and watch them go. LOL
Grand Old Tea Party

Gardner, MA

#143529 Jan 7, 2014
Grand Old Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
God you people are idiots, weather is not climate douche! Events are not indicitive of TRENDS.
Oh WTF am I thinking, you have zero intrest in knowing reality, your noise machine echo chamber tells you to gripe every winter about warming, cause you're f-ing stupid! Here you are on que, predictable, easily lead and stupid!
"Brad Plumer added that temperatures in the United States do not necessarily reflect temperatures on the entire planet. While many Americans had to bundle up in December 2013, preliminary data suggests last month “was tied for the 2nd-hottest December on record since 1979, the beginning of satellite measurements,” and global average temperatures for all of 2013 “are expected to be among the 10 highest since 1850.”
"Every year, much of the world experiences a phenomenon known as “seasons.” For many Americans, this means higher temperatures in the summer and lower temperatures in the winter. What does this have to do with global climate change? Not a whole lot.
But just as one season leads to another, the transition from fall to winter brings out the worst in too many conservatives. Indeed, in seems every winter, like clockwork, far-right yahoos start arguing,“It’s cold in winter, therefore global warming can’t be real.” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), playing his usual role, insisted yesterday that freezing temperatures in much of the country is obviously proof that climate science itself is “laughable.”
Something in this debate is laughable, but I’m afraid it isn’t the science.
Inhofe is hardly alone. As Chris Mooney noted the other day, plenty of notable figures on the right – Rush Limbaugh, Rep. John Fleming (R-La.), Donald Trump, Drudge, Erick Erickson, et al – pushed the same argument. Fox Business’ Stuart Varney went so far as to say,“[W]e’re looking at global cooling, forget this global warming.”
And so we are forced once more to remind conservatives that cold winter weather in our part of the planet does not disprove global warming. Mooney patiently explained:
1. Statements about climate trends must be based on, er, trends. Not individual events or occurrences. Weather is not climate, and anecdotes are not statistics.
2. Global warming is actually expected to increase “heavy precipitation in winter storms,” and for the Northern Hemisphere, there is evidence that these storms are already more frequent and intense, according to the draft U.S. National Climate Assessment.
3. Antarctica is a very cold place. But global warming is affecting it as predicted: Antarctica is losing ice overall, according to the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. However, sea ice is a different matter than land-based or glacial ice. Antarctic sea ice is increasing, and moreover, the reason for this may be climate change!(For more, read here.)
Brad Plumer added that temperatures in the United States do not necessarily reflect temperatures on the entire planet. While many Americans had to bundle up in December 2013, preliminary data suggests last month “was tied for the 2nd-hottest December on record since 1979, the beginning of satellite measurements,” and global average temperatures for all of 2013 “are expected to be among the 10 highest since 1850.”
You will no doubt receive an all-caps email soon from your wacky uncle who watches Fox News all day, perhaps with a picture of icicles attached, intended to serve as proof that climate change is a hoax. Gently remind him that winter weather in one country in January isn’t evidence of much, and if he’s interested in relying on evidence as part of the debate, there’s voluminous scientific data for him to check out that goes beyond looking out a window."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Um, Yes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 25 min want to know 673
Best place to get your car fixed? 39 min creeker 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min Wes250 141,346
Is the Knox co courthouse still performing marr... 1 hr Right 8
is someone missing a phone from waterpark lastweek 1 hr U moron 2
Yard Sale 2 hr I no 2
support unite (Sep '08) 2 hr Neighbor 78
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 5 hr TJust Saying 35
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages