'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 287826 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142752 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
Ocean currents distribute heat around the Earth. The Gulf Stream current current directs warm water to northern Europe from the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf Stream makes temperatures in Great Britain and the rest of northwestern Europe warmer than they otherwise would be. As global temperatures rise, Arctic ice melts and massive amounts of fresh water pour into the North Atlantic and slow the Gulf Stream down. By slowing or stopping this ocean current, global warming actually would cool Europe down dramatically. If other ocean currents were disrupted, the entire planet could experience the same cooling effect and cause an ice age.
left wing propaganda, everybody knows that paying someone (al gore) for carbon credits will stop all of this from happening,

baaaaaaaaa
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142753 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>you know NASA is scared of Obama...He's half alien reptile
.....and half black
and one big black hole,

LOLOLOL, ROTFL, LOLOLOL,
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142754 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
which is first, the lawsuit or the divorce?
And is either before, or after the impeachment?
who cares, as long as they both happen, keeping an unqualified marxist traitor in the w.h. just because he is black is no way to run a country,

baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Since: Oct 09

#142755 Jan 3, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares, as long as they both happen, keeping an unqualified marxist traitor in the w.h. just because he is black is no way to run a country,
baaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'll bet he does "personal favors" for carbon credits....he's such a believer (in liberal mythology). Barney Frank would be so jealous!

#142756 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never lost an argument with Ari. Never, never will.
You think calling it liberal mythology will keep the ocean currents warm?
No, Gayto, only prayers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster will do that.
Can Congress overturn a Supreme Court decision?
remember how you pussed out on that one, huh, Gayto?
Wanna hear 5 more you pussed out on?
We had this discussion before; as I said then, judicial review is not in the United States Constitution. Marbury v Madison was the decision Marshal authored to be a gift to himself! Marshal said "it is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is. Congress has the constitutional authority to limit or even undo this extra-constitutional power practiced by the federal judiciary.

Article III, Sections 1 and 2 of the Constitution state:
Section 1.

“The judicial power of the States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish…”

Section 2.

“…In all cases affecting Ambassadors, other Pubic Ministers and Consuls and those in which a State shall be Party, the Supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all other cases the Supreme Court shall have Appellate Jurisdiction both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make…”

So...if Congress may eliminate the appellate courts and thus eliminate judicial review!
“To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.” Thomas Jefferson

In closing I will say then in todays political climate where the public has less trust in Congress than the Supreme Court of the United States that move is "unlikely" even though fully within the powers of congress.
Don't believe me, research it for yourself (not via Huff and Blow Post).

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#142757 Jan 3, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
left wing propaganda, everybody knows that paying someone (al gore) for carbon credits will stop all of this from happening,
baaaaaaaaa
ice cools warm water
air blowing across the surface of cold water is colder than air blowing across the surface of warm water
cold air lowers temperatures

tell me if I need to break that down, or just baaaa if I'm right.

#142758 Jan 3, 2014
-"with such Exceptions and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make…”
That's the bottom line for you

:b

“Free Bananas and Ophones ”

Since: Aug 11

KFC Wi-Fi

#142759 Jan 3, 2014
Hello

“ Trumpanzees...”

#142760 Jan 3, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
baaaaaaaaaaaaa
a lawsuit or impeachment, or both, will not remove a President from office.
Neither will divorce.

“ Trumpanzees...”

#142761 Jan 3, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
-"with such Exceptions and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make…”
That's the bottom line for you

“ Trumpanzees...”

#142762 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Like always, pussed out.

#142763 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
By Constitutional Amendment...YES!
Your reading comprehension skills are quite deficient, you should stick to the John Stewart show.

"Occasionally, the Court itself invites Congress to overturn a decision by suggesting in an opinion that its reading of a statute requires it to reach an unfortunate result. In Westfall v. Irwin (1988), for instance, the Court limited the immunity of federal employees from lawsuits. Justice Thurgood Marshall's opinion for a unanimous Court strongly suggested that Congress rewrite the law, and within a year a new statute was adopted to supersede the Westfall decision."

Oxford Companion to the US Supreme Court:
Reversals of Court Decisions By Congress

#142764 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Like always, pussed out.
I suppose one might say "you are what you eat...eh DICK"

ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142765 Jan 3, 2014
This is uncalled for! This has got to stop! I demand that al gore spread the carbon credits around so all these people don't have to freeze!

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Think it's cold now? 140M in U.S. will shiver at 0 degrees -- or lower

By Tom Watkins, CNN

(CNN)-- If you thought the snow was bad, just wait for the cold and ice.
Between Friday and next Wednesday, nearly 140 million Americans -- nearly half the nation -- will experience temperatures dipping to 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below, according to a CNN calculation.

That may include lows in the -20s Fahrenheit across North Dakota and Minnesota, with wind chills approaching -50, the weather service said.

#142766 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Deaf, dumb and blind, you just keep on pretending.
Deaf? not a problem.
Blind? not a problem.
Dumb? If in some altered reality I were...I'd still be Plato as compared to you.

ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142767 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
ice cools warm water
air blowing across the surface of cold water is colder than air blowing across the surface of warm water
cold air lowers temperatures
tell me if I need to break that down, or just baaaa if I'm right.
so is it global warming, global cooling, global climate change, or carbon credits? come on, which one is it, this socialized education is just way to confusing,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142768 Jan 3, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
a lawsuit or impeachment, or both, will not remove a President from office.
Neither will divorce.
ROTFL, LOLOLOL, where is al gore when we need him? LOLOLOL,

Rescue ship sent to retrieve stranded Antarctic voyagers now stuck in ice

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03...
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142769 Jan 3, 2014
Didn't Dennis Rodman go to N. Korea a couple of times, and isn't Rodman a libtard? man, the company these libtards keep,

baaaaaaaaaaa,

Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#142770 Jan 3, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
This is uncalled for! This has got to stop! I demand that al gore spread the carbon credits around so all these people don't have to freeze!
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Think it's cold now? 140M in U.S. will shiver at 0 degrees -- or lower
By Tom Watkins, CNN
(CNN)-- If you thought the snow was bad, just wait for the cold and ice.
Between Friday and next Wednesday, nearly 140 million Americans -- nearly half the nation -- will experience temperatures dipping to 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below, according to a CNN calculation.
That may include lows in the -20s Fahrenheit across North Dakota and Minnesota, with wind chills approaching -50, the weather service said.
pretty normal winter for us...what's the big deal?

“ Trumpanzees...”

#142771 Jan 3, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
By Constitutional Amendment...YES!
Your reading comprehension skills are quite deficient, you should stick to the John Stewart show.
"Occasionally, the Court itself invites Congress to overturn a decision by suggesting in an opinion that its reading of a statute requires it to reach an unfortunate result. In Westfall v. Irwin (1988), for instance, the Court limited the immunity of federal employees from lawsuits. Justice Thurgood Marshall's opinion for a unanimous Court strongly suggested that Congress rewrite the law, and within a year a new statute was adopted to supersede the Westfall decision."
Oxford Companion to the US Supreme Court:
Reversals of Court Decisions By Congress
So, when the Court tells Congress to amend the Constitution
...hardly counts as overruling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min USA 166,443
Rodney Bullock 25 min mindy lou 10
Today Eclipse 36 min MEH 4
Unfaithful 1 hr Chris_Jarvis 12
anthony castle 1 hr sidechick 7
Jobeth hobeth 1 hr Prez 4
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 2 hr pity tha fools 20

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance