'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 252776 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#141356 Dec 24, 2013
Patriot wrote:
The Republican Party says Poor Folks and Working Class Folks are Moochers and don't deserve to live..
Republicans abolish Social Security
Tea Party Leader: We Should Abolish Social Security
www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/31/tea-party-l... ...
May 31, 2010 · A Tea Party leader acknowledged she supports abolishing Social Security in an appearance this week on "Larry King Live." St. Louis Tea Party co …
Tea party leaders say they would 'absolutely' abolish Social ...
thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/03/30/89337/t...
Mar 30, 2010 · "Tea party leaders say they would ‘absolutely’ abolish Social Security."
Tea Party Abolish Social Security - World News
wn.com/Tea_Party__Abolish_Social_Security Coburn: Medicare and Social Security 'Are Things We Don't Absolutely Need'
GOP and Tea Party Agree: Abolish Social Security - Blog For ...
www.blogforarizona.com/...tea-party-agree-abo...
Mo Udall says, "I have learned the difference between a cactus and a caucus. On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside." Donate to BlogForArizona to help us keep an ...
tell the entire story here libtard, only demotards don't need social security or medicare, they have welfare and oblamercare, people who vote for communism should not enjoy the same benefits as those who support their country,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#141357 Dec 24, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Great info Patriot. Merry Christmas.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
great info, from left wing anti-American websites! LOLOLOL, ROTFL,

man are you owned,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#141358 Dec 24, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
and why are vets using foodstamps? because of a country that does not respect them, uses them as political fodder, strips their benefits to fund tax funded abortions, sex change operations, mooshell vacations and funding out enemies, hussein oblamer and his sheepletards only care about themselves and will even turn on each other when the winds change,
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That is what the Republitards wanted dip was. So enjoy it Stupid.
moron

Livingston, TN

#141359 Dec 24, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>That is what the Republitards wanted dip was. So enjoy it Stupid.
could say alot but one word will do M O R O N
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#141361 Dec 24, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>not sure exactly what a sugar plum is, but whatever they were, they were dancing
HAHA Here you go Calvin. Papaw would know.

" While visions of sugar plums danc'd in their heads"

Twas The Night Before Christmas Poem: Original Lyrics (TEXT)

One of the oldest and most popular Christmas poems ever, commonly referred to as "Twas The Night Before Christmas," was written in the early 19th century.

Though its author is disputed, with the poem being attributed to both Clement Clarke Moore and Henry Livingston Jr. over the years, it was definitely first published on Dec. 23, 1823 in the Troy Sentinel newspaper in upstate New York.

It is also referred to as "A Visit From St. Nicholas" or "The Night Before Christmas."

Below are the original lyrics to the poem (see how the poem looked in the Troy Sentinel here):

1'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' the house,
2 Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
3 The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
4 In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
5 The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
6 While visions of sugar plums danc'd in their heads,
7 And Mama in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
8 Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap-
9 When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
10 I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
11 Away to the window I flew like a flash,
12 Tore open the shutters, and threw up the sash.
13 The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow,
14 Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below;
15 When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
16 But a minature sleigh, and eight tiny rein-deer,
17 With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
18 I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.
19 More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
20 And he whistled, and shouted, and call'd them by name:
21 "Now! Dasher, now! Dancer, now! Prancer, and Vixen,
22 "On! Comet, on! Cupid, on! Dunder and Blixem;
23 "To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
24 "Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
25 As dry leaves before the wild hurricane fly,
26 When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky;
27 So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
28 With the sleigh full of Toys - and St. Nicholas too:
29 And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
30 The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
31 As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
32 Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound:
33 He was dress'd all in fur, from his head to his foot,
34 And his clothes were all tarnish'd with ashes and soot;
35 A bundle of toys was flung on his back,
36 And he look'd like a peddler just opening his pack:
37 His eyes - how they twinkled! his dimples how merry,
38 His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry;
39 His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
40 And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;
41 The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
42 And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
43 He had a broad face, and a little round belly
44 That shook when he laugh'd, like a bowl full of jelly:
45 He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
46 And I laugh'd when I saw him in spite of myself;
47 A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
48 Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
49 He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
50 And fill'd all the stockings; then turn'd with a jerk,
51 And laying his finger aside of his nose
52 And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.
53 He sprung to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
54 And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle:
55 But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight-
56 Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/25/twas...

Out to celebrate.

Merry Christmas to you and my fellow libs.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#141362 Dec 24, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
and why are vets using foodstamps? because of a country that does not respect them, uses them as political fodder, strips their benefits to fund tax funded abortions, sex change operations, mooshell vacations and funding out enemies, hussein oblamer and his sheepletards only care about themselves and will even turn on each other when the winds change,
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Senate Republicans stopped the veterans jobs bill Wednesday by forcing a budget point of order vote.
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (R-Ill.) requested a motion to waive the budget point of order, which was raised by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). Democrats needed 60 votes, but got only 58.
The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.
Your mouth runs like diarrhea and is about as useful.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#141363 Dec 24, 2013
Calvin:

Sugar plum

A sugar plum is a piece of dragée candy that is made of dried fruits and shaped in a small round or oval shape. "Plum" in the name of this confection does not mean plum in the sense of the fruit of the same name. At one time, "plum" was used to denote any dried fruit. "Sugar plums" may be made from any combination of dried plums (aka prunes), dried figs, dried apricots, dried dates, and dried cherries, but traditional sugar plums may contain none of these. In one recipe, the dried fruit is chopped fine and combined with chopped almonds, honey, and aromatic spices, such as anise seed, fennel seed, caraway seeds, and cardamom. This mixture would then be rolled into balls, often then coated in sugar or shredded coconut..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_plum

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

stomp away sissyboys, lush loon, Ari GOAT and socks hahaha Santa has sticks and coal for you loser lemming tools/fools. lol

Location hidden

#141364 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
The worthless underclass are trying to take over this nation. They will vote in blocks for every single social welfare program that will support their worthless lifestyle. And every single Democrat out there will gladly feed these people for a vote.
You do have a point. Since the Rich and the Repub protectors of the Rich have created the largest income gap between the poor and top that has ever been found in America.
Repub plan for America is: you got the money live if not die. Screw everyone, you're on your own.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#141365 Dec 24, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
now this is funny, a lone contractor making a fool of hussein oblamer,
LOLOLOOLOL,
Snowden:'I already won'
Snowden:'Mission's already accomplished'
http://news.msn.com/us/snowden-missions-alrea...

Location hidden

#141366 Dec 24, 2013
Repubs or Dems can talk all the crap they wish to all day long but it is actions that will always speak louder than words. Look at the actions of what Repubs in DC have done to Americans:
Senate Republicans stopped the veterans jobs bill Wednesday by forcing a budget point of order vote.
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (R-Ill.) requested a motion to waive the budget point of order, which was raised by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). Democrats needed 60 votes, but got only 58.

The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
The Senate Republicans shot down another piece of President Obama’s $447 billion jobs bill, as a stalemated Congress goes through the motions of attempting legislation to spur economic growth largely as a mechanism to allow each party to blame the other for the failure to act.

The chamber failed to advance a measure to spend $50 billion on highway, rail, transit and airport improvements and another $10 billion as seed money for an infrastructure bank designed to spark private investment in construction. The vote was 51 to 49 in favor, but the measure needed 60 votes to proceed to a full debate.

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#141368 Dec 24, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Calvin:
Sugar plum
A sugar plum is a piece of dragée candy that is made of dried fruits and shaped in a small round or oval shape. "Plum" in the name of this confection does not mean plum in the sense of the fruit of the same name. At one time, "plum" was used to denote any dried fruit. "Sugar plums" may be made from any combination of dried plums (aka prunes), dried figs, dried apricots, dried dates, and dried cherries, but traditional sugar plums may contain none of these. In one recipe, the dried fruit is chopped fine and combined with chopped almonds, honey, and aromatic spices, such as anise seed, fennel seed, caraway seeds, and cardamom. This mixture would then be rolled into balls, often then coated in sugar or shredded coconut..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_plum
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
stomp away sissyboys, lush loon, Ari GOAT and socks hahaha Santa has sticks and coal for you loser lemming tools/fools. lol
awe...that's why the old lady down the road calls me 'sugar plum'...I'm sweet and sticky.

seriously, they sound very tasty.

Location hidden

#141370 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with rich people?
Did you know the "gap" became much much wider under President Obama's term?
Inequalities exist because people do not WORK. The underclass do not WORK therefore they are poor.
Not that complicated
Really? In the past 30 years the top has gained an increase of income nearing 400%. The WORKING middle class has gained 28%.
30 years ago the average CEO made 23 times more than the worker. Today they are paid an average of 384 times more.
Yes the gap is wider under Obama. The gap has NEVER decreased from the time RayGun announced we would give more to the rich and trickle down on everyone else. How's that Repub plan working for America?
Top Dog

West Liberty, KY

#141371 Dec 24, 2013
Armslist is giving away an AR-15 in this contest. Just click on here and check it out. Thanks. http://www.armslist.com/contests...

Since: Oct 11

Mayfield, KY

#141373 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with rich people?
Did you know the "gap" became much much wider under President Obama's term?
Inequalities exist because people do not WORK. The underclass do not WORK therefore they are poor.
Not that complicated
Are you serious? The worthless underclass. For once i wish people would inform themselves before shooting off their mouth.
First let's say we take away all the public assistance.The first to cry would be the corporations like Walmart and Kroger where the worthless spend what little money the receive and the banks who get paid with every swipe of the food stamp card...you didn't think all those debits were free now did you?
So now without housing and food assistance refugee camps would spring up seemingly over night tent cities and make shift tin houses along river banks and railroad tracks everywhere. Then you could complain about the filth and trash being dumped into our rivers.
Red cross would be making food drops and people would do without clean water. Soon disease, malnutrition,dysentery and death tolls would be enormous.
And your worthless underclass would perish,but I suppose you would find delight in the WORTHLESS UNDERCLASSES misery?
Good Grief!
PEACE
tofy
Patriot

Fredericksburg, VA

#141375 Dec 24, 2013
Libertarians are Republican TeaBaggers by a Different Name.

A Real Republican speaks to teabaggers, from heaven!- YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch...

By MARKETEX ·
1 min ·
814 views ·
Added Aug 26, 2011

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance,... 4:33 Bill O'Reilly Smacks Down Tea Party Idiot by Secular Talk ...

With unemployed drowning, Congress hands them an anchor ...

wyofile.com/kerrydrake/unemployed-drowning...... hours ago

Dec 24, 2013 ·“I do support unemployment benefits for the 26 weeks that they ... Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, Republicans, Tea Party, unemployment....(get rid of titles ...

Should we abolish FEMA?| The Libertarian Republic
thelibertarianrepublic.com/should-we-abolish-...
Is extending unemployment benefits doing a "disservice" to the unemployed?... Should we abolish FEMA?...*VIDEO* IRS targeting Tea Party groups ...

The Eisenhower Republican Party vs. Today’s Tea Party ...

www.sanders.senate.gov › Newsroom › Press Releases
Today’s Tea Party ... the Republican Party boasted that under Eisenhower “the protection of unemployment insurance ... the Texas Republican Party wants to abolish ...

Top Six Established Laws That Tea Partiers Claim Are ...

talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/top-six-established-... ...

We know the Tea Party has a ... Unemployment Benefits.... Extending Unemployment Insurance and the Mini-Budget Deal 17 posts

Mayfield, KY

#141376 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text> What do you call someone who is perfectly capable of getting out there to work but instead lives there entire life off Government Assistance, deals in petty drugs to make some extra money, has multiple children with multiple mates but never gets married,
What do you call a person in Prison?
What do you call a drug user?
THE Worthless Underclass
BTW I could care less what they do as long as they are not sucking off the American Working Taxpayer.
LOCK THAT UP
There is not one worthless soul among us sir nor anyone beyond redemption.
Even an ill willed person of your nature is worth a chance at being loved!
BTW I CALL THEM PEOPLE! as should you.
PEACE
tofy

Mayfield, KY

#141378 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are People. And the type of people I am referring to (and you know who I mean) need what is called Tough Love. They absolutely can turn their lives around and the first step is for them to get off the Public Dole and get a job, any job, and gain some dignity and respect and personal responsibility.
Merry Christmas Mister Scrooge
Give it up Seven T you have no argument. Tough Love means going without food? Not even you would deny a hungry child!
And since you use the phrase type of people I can clearly see you consider yourself a tad better than everyone else.I DETECT A HINT OF ARROGANCE! So pat yourself on the back instead of thanking God you have a little more than others. Also i believe you have the Mister Scrooge reversed!
PEACE
tofy
TOUGH LOVE GOOD GRIEF!

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#141380 Dec 24, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text> That hungry person can stop by my Church and they will give him food and assistance.
Let's say this hungry soul comes to your church. Let's say he brings his family. While he humbles himself to ask for help to feed, clothe and house his family, will you call him and his family "Worthless Underclass" to their faces? Will you berate him for being lazy? Will you accuse him of dealing drugs? Will you question the paternity of the children? Will you begrudge him the assistance of the church coffers because it's money you donated and in your mind you are *such* a vastly superior person than he and his family? Oh, you'll help the needy, but you make sure they're completely stripped of dignity in the process, don't you?

One can only hope that the rest of the parishioners in your church are nothing like you.

There is egregious abuse in the system, to be sure, but to condemn all those seeking help the way you have is beyond despicable. You are a hateful, condescending pitiful excuse for a human being, with not one whit of compassion in your miserable soul. Ebenezer Scrooge experienced an epiphany and changed his wretched ways. You should be so lucky.

Mayfield, KY

#141381 Dec 24, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say this hungry soul comes to your church. Let's say he brings his family. While he humbles himself to ask for help to feed, clothe and house his family, will you call him and his family "Worthless Underclass" to their faces? Will you berate him for being lazy? Will you accuse him of dealing drugs? Will you question the paternity of the children? Will you begrudge him the assistance of the church coffers because it's money you donated and in your mind you are *such* a vastly superior person than he and his family? Oh, you'll help the needy, but you make sure they're completely stripped of dignity in the process, don't you?
One can only hope that the rest of the parishioners in your church are nothing like you.
There is egregious abuse in the system, to be sure, but to condemn all those seeking help the way you have is beyond despicable. You are a hateful, condescending pitiful excuse for a human being, with not one whit of compassion in your miserable soul. Ebenezer Scrooge experienced an epiphany and changed his wretched ways. You should be so lucky.
Thank you Crow! Very well stated. Eloquent as always.
Merry Christmas
Your friend tofy

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#141382 Dec 24, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Crow! Very well stated. Eloquent as always.
Merry Christmas
Your friend tofy
Thanks, tofy. I was encouraged and heartened by your responses to this poster.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min kelly 156,425
Knox Street Liquor 1 hr Wow 19
Grays Pallet Store Drug Dealing ? 1 hr In the know 7
Knox County woman 1 hr Sad 5
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 4 hr KnowVote 1
what was wrong at the chinese restaurant 4 hr BayerCo 5
Hail trump 5 hr citzen 9

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages