'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
117,921 - 117,940 of 151,265 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#135509 Nov 19, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, yep, great analysis, now that everybody is laughing at him,
ROTFL,
Hear this BS about all the other nations in the world laughing at Obama. Could you post just ONE link to that? Maybe a short video of it or a quote of hahaha in the press from a foreign leader?
MrC

UK

#135510 Nov 19, 2013
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
Art 2. s.1 cl.c of the US constitution does not require an oath for the president.
should read "cl.8".

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#135511 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I've 'replied' to THIS once ...
Evidently 'they' "did not like it" ...
BUT
Here it IS again!
Kind of the same.
You are 'correct' in what the 'constitution' says.
BUT ...
They DO have to TAKE an OATH!
What do "you" think an *oath* consists of?
Looks like with all your Bible verses you post it seems you missed reading this one:
James 5:12
But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#135512 Nov 19, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like with all your Bible verses you post it seems you missed reading this one:
But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
LOL I think AL is having a bad day on Topix today :P
Mr C

UK

#135513 Nov 19, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like with all your Bible verses you post it seems you missed reading this one:
...she doesn't read the bible...she reads "The Message" where all the errors and inconsistancies are removed.

It's the cosy bible for those who like their scripture...'dumbed down'.
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#135517 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Right-Wing Noise Machine Fabricates Gettysburg Address Omission To Attack Obama"
"Obama's recitation was not 'curious,' it was accurate -- Burns requested that President Obama read the 'Nicolay Version' of the Address, which was Lincoln's first draft of the Address and does not contain the phrase "under God."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/19/right...
NEXT.
The problem is, you're thinking facts and reality matter to Teabaggers, they don't. Misdirection, new rabbit holes, new conspiracies, new attack lines, pivot to something irrelevant is what we will always get for one reason.

They cannot admit to any basic starting point of reality!

For authoritarian followers, it's a sign of weakness to admit you're wrong, there is no possibility of reasonable discussion with a Teabagger.

But thanks, it's been fun to watch you destroy the local Teabot!
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#135520 Nov 19, 2013
TeabotTroll I should say wow!
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#135522 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
can
XXXX can out!
Sorry!
~~~~~~~~~~
Obama delivers Gettysburg Address on YouTube, leaves out ‘under God’
10:52 AM 11/19/2013
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/19/obama-deliv...
It’s not exactly a secret that President Obama looks to Abraham Lincoln as a political hero. When Obama was inaugurated, he used Lincoln’s Bible, and when it came time to place items of significance in the Oval Office, Obama chose a Lincoln bust and the Emancipation Proclamation.

With this in mind, on the anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, the right has chosen an odd story to complain about.

Fox News is manufacturing outrage over Obama’s decision not to attend the commemoration ceremony for the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address and baselessly speculating that Obama’s resentment over the nation’s unfinished business “in bringing the country and its races together” may be the cause.[…]

Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade discussed with Wall Street Journal columnist Daniel Henninger whether it is “inappropriate for our president to bypass” the commemoration ceremony of the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address during the November 19 edition of Fox & Friends. At one point Kilmeade asked whether Henninger thought Obama was refusing to attend because “after that address and after the Civil War we still weren’t a perfect union? We still had to wait for the Civil Rights Act and so many – the integration of schools, Brown vs. the Board of Education?” Henninger replied,“I think probably that President Obama does think the unfinished business remains unfinished in bringing the country and its races together.”

It’s worth noting that Fox isn’t the only one raising a fuss – conservative outlets have been complaining about Obama “snubbing” Gettysburg for months.

There are, however, some angles to this the right has overlooked. First, there have been 28 presidents since Lincoln, and 27 of them did not commemorate the anniversaries of the Gettysburg Address – and this includes Reagan, who did nothing on the 125th anniversary, and never visited Gettysburg as president.(The exception was William Howard Taft.) Obama, in other words, is doing largely what nearly all of his predecessors have done without controversy.

Second, I’m trying to imagine the uproar from some of these same conservative critics if Obama did go to Gettysburg to mark the occasion today. We can all probably imagine the predictable rhetoric: Obama thinks he’s Lincoln! The arrogance! Why is he trying to politicize a cemetery? This must have something to do with distracting us from the health care website! And maybe Benghazi!

Making matters slight worse is, well, this.

President Obama’s recitation of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address is sparking hysteria from the right-wing media who slammed the president for omitting the phrase “under God.”

The right’s apoplexy on this was extremely broad – National Review, Breitbart, Daily Caller, Drudge, and others ran furious pieces expressing outrage that Obama had the nerve to omit the phrase “under God” from his recent recitation of the Gettysburg Address. Rush Limbaugh speculated that the president did this on purpose to “get a rise out of conservatives.”

The truth is less provocative. Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns had a variety of prominent figures – including all five living presidents – to read portions of the Address for a video. Burns relied on the text of the first draft of the speech – which did not include the words “under God.”

In other words, the right became apoplectic about Obama not using a phrase Lincoln didn’t write.

Conservative media has struggled badly of late, with a list of ignominious failures too long to list. Today does little to improve its reputation.
Steve Benen

You sure are an obedient little TeaBotTroll!
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#135524 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Brilliant!
I bet you think driving a tricycle and a formula one racer are the same too :P
yes,brilliant, that you criticze me for something a die hard obama lover stated, LOL, scraping the bottom of the barrel there? LOL

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135525 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!
I "also"
PUT THIS on here ...
American Lady
Danville, KY
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#210602
~~~~~*~The Gettysburg Address~*~~~~~
"Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.
It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract.
The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.
It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us
--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion
--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation *under God* shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/getty...
PLUS:
The U.S Constitution
THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
We the People
http://constitutionus.com/
~~~~~~~~~~
ADDING THIS:
Gettysburg Address, world-famous speech delivered by President Abraham Lincoln at the dedication (Nov. 19, 1863) of the National Cemetery at Gettysburg, Pa., the site of one of the decisive battles of the American Civil War (July 1–3, 1863).
Autograph of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address.
The Granger Collection, New York[Image]
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation,*under God*, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/232...
Show me the words to the Nicolay Version' of the Address. The one from which he was asked to read from.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/19/right...

LOL you are on a good run at making yourself look stupid today. Perhaps you should give it up and go back to bed.
Mr C

UK

#135526 Nov 19, 2013
"Did you know there are five versions of the Gettysburg Address? We asked President Obama to read the Nicolay Version"

LEARN MORE

from the website of Ken Burns www.learntheaddress.org

LMAO...the tealiban are totally pathetic.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135527 Nov 19, 2013
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
yes,brilliant, that you criticze me for something a die hard obama lover stated, LOL, scraping the bottom of the barrel there? LOL
Idiocy is idiocy irregardless of of which side it comes from.
LaTish

Russell, KY

#135528 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
He read from the document Lincoln is actually thought to have read from (which didn't contain the word "GOD").
Is it yours or anyone's business what his faith is?
I'ts is my business,if he's Muslim.We aren't suppose to live under Islam.This is America.
LaTish

Russell, KY

#135531 Nov 19, 2013
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>Islamist Muslims believe in God.
Yes, Allah.The God of Hades

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135532 Nov 19, 2013
LaTish wrote:
<quoted text>
I'ts is my business,if he's Muslim.We aren't suppose to live under Islam.This is America.
How is the two connected?
The President cannot change the constitution no matter what his religion.
We aren't supposed to live under any religion.
Mr C

UK

#135534 Nov 19, 2013
LaTish wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the god of all the Abrahamic faiths, Christians, Muslims and Jews.

You all wear the same decoder rings and worship the same adult santa.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#135535 Nov 19, 2013
It is very important that president Obama apologizes to the Afghan government for going after the people that blew up the World Trade Center because we went into their country uninvited and that's not very nice and we always need to be nice even if it's to someone that killed 3,000 innocent civilians so I am glad he is going to apologize!!!!!

Go Obama, go democrats!!!!!!!!!!
Mr C

UK

#135536 Nov 19, 2013
LaTish wrote:
<quoted text>
Hades is one of the Helenic gods...not a place.
MrC

UK

#135537 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I "do not" care what the "Nicolay Version" says!
...even though it's the version he was asked to read by the film maker.

Case closed, you're a loon.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135538 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
The WHOLE World is under God.
The United States IS a Christian Nation ...
Whether anyone wants to 'believe' it or NOT!
Was for a loooooong time, anyway.
Won't say that now to be FACT!
Because there ARE a lot of "ungodly" actions going on!
From TOP to bottom!
I STILL *believe* IT to BE!
The Bible and Government
Biblical Principles: Basis for America's Laws
PRINCIPLE ...
Sovereign authority of God, not sovereignty of the state, or sovereignty of man
LEGAL DOCUMENT ...
Mayflower Compact, Declaration, Constitution, currency, oaths, mention of God in all 50 state constitutions, Pledge of Allegiance
BIBLE ...
Ex. 18:16, 20:3, Dt. 10:20, 2 Chron. 7:14, Ps. 83:18, 91:2, Isa. 9:6-7, Dan. 4:32, Jn. 19:11, Acts 5:29, Rom. 13:1, Col. 1:15-20, 1 Tim. 6:15
http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-cult...
<3
Ok, show just one of our countries official historic documents that mention Jesus. Constitution? Declaration Of Independence?
Show any laws upholding Christian principles or beliefs?
How exactly are we a "Christian Nation"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min 62656sss 1,475
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 46 min Ancient Wolf 81,599
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Yes and Amen 130,542
Slush pup 2 hr I just wonder 2
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 2 hr RobertB 120
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 2 hr curious 30
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 7 hr turtle chin 4
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 18 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••