'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239627 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

MrC

London, UK

#135547 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on the IMAGE ... dumchit!
*Lincolns Handwriting!*
The point which you're now trying hoplessly to evade is that the version which President Obama was asked to read does not mention god.

No one is disputing that Lincoln wrote it; simply that the version in question...once again, the version President Obama was asked to read does not mention god.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#135548 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
CLICK that link
OR
TYPE it in your browser ...
Maybe the SCALES will fall off your EYES!
Doubtful tho!
They're on pretty dang THICK!
:)
I did. Not one mention of Jesus.
Many religions believe in the god of the Hebrew bible, not just Christians.
What pray tell makes you think this is a "Christian Nation"?
I needn't even go into the historically inaccurate BS of your link.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135549 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on the IMAGE ... dumchit!
*Lincolns Handwriting!*
ALL FIVE documents are in Lincolns handwriting. What's your point?
MrC

London, UK

#135551 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL FIVE documents are in Lincolns handwriting. What's your point?
...it's trying to find one to escape on. LOL
MrC

London, UK

#135552 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Enuf of this BS ...
No 'debating' with you morons ...
There's no way you can DO IT without degrading comments ...
I'll DO this!
A Devastating Poll on Obama -- and Obamacare
There's one other interesting result from Quinnipiac. Has the Obama administration “been competent in running the government”? Overall, 53 percent said no and only 43 percent said yes. Young voters (47 percent said yes, 46 percent said no) and Hispanics (51 percent said yes, 46 percent said no) were only slightly more positive.
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/21732
Ahhh, your surrender is noted.

""As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries".

This is an International Treaty, it is the LAW of the United States, ratified UNANIMOUSLY by the US Senate and signed into law by John Adams on June the 7th, 1797.

...breathe deeply and count to 10.

Go to your happy place, it's not the end of the world.

This is what happens when you play with the big kids....

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135553 Nov 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Enuf of this BS ...
No 'debating' with you morons ...
There's no way you can DO IT without degrading comments ...
I'll DO this!
A Devastating Poll on Obama -- and Obamacare
There's one other interesting result from Quinnipiac. Has the Obama administration “been competent in running the government”? Overall, 53 percent said no and only 43 percent said yes. Young voters (47 percent said yes, 46 percent said no) and Hispanics (51 percent said yes, 46 percent said no) were only slightly more positive.
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/21732
Degrading comments?
Havn't called you "dumchit" once :P
LMAO You are just like a little kid. Can't win your current argument, start a new one!

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#135554 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I think AL is having a bad day on Topix today :P
S/he's having about the same luck as s/he had today going door to door, soliciting funds for Zimmerman's latest defense fund. Besides, s/he's never had a good day on Topix.

At least we now know Jethro's latest incarnation - ROTFL (Rantings Of The F'ing Lunatic).

Kudos to you, Mr. C and Limbertwig on your excellent posts!
Mr C

London, UK

#135559 Nov 19, 2013
Jack Wright wrote:
They have had charges out on Obamas half-brother Malik Obama who lives in Kenya for a while now for funding a terrorist organization. Old new man I mean just look at the Obama admin all Muslims connected to the Muslim brotherhood and they want to destroy America. They hate us and what we stand for. Don't believe me here is the Names of the guys on the Obama admin Google them for yourself.
Arif Alikhan – Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Mohammed Elibiary – Homeland Security Adviser
Rashad Hussain – Special Envoy to the (OIC) Organization of the Islamic Conference
Salam al-Marayati – Obama Adviser – founder Muslim Public Affairs Council and its current executive director
Imam Mohamed Magid – Obama’s Sharia Czar – Islamic Society of North America
Eboo Patel – Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships
So...he hired some muslims to combat potential attacks by muslim torrorists...Sounds bloody smart to me...goodnes knows we had enough Irish people in special branch and the SAS.

So he hires muslims who are naturally well versed in muslim tradition and protocol to liase with muslim organisations throughout the US and internationally....again...not really seeing your point.
MrC

London, UK

#135560 Nov 19, 2013
LOL I see the cognitive dissonance is in full effect.

Someone has completely wiped the last half hour from their memory using doublethink and a few minutes of mantra-meditation LMFAO.
Fiveyardpenalty4 BS

United States

#135561 Nov 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the two connected?
The President cannot change the constitution no matter what his religion.
We aren't supposed to live under any religion.
BULLSHIT!
This is AMERICA therefore we have the Constitution which GUARANTEES our freedom to worship any religion (or none) freely!
U.S. Supreme Court decision cites "separation of church and state" to safeguard those freedoms that shall not be usurped by any government on any level...not ban religion.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#135562 Nov 19, 2013
Obobin Hood wrote:
It is very important that president Obama apologizes to the Afghan government for going after the people that blew up the World Trade Center because we went into their country uninvited and that's not very nice and we always need to be nice even if it's to someone that killed 3,000 innocent civilians so I am glad he is going to apologize!!!!!
Go Obama, go democrats!!!!!!!!!!
Actually 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi and none were from Afghanistan. Strange Bush never mentioned that fact.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#135564 Nov 19, 2013
Jack Wright wrote:
They have had charges out on Obamas half-brother Malik Obama who lives in Kenya for a while now for funding a terrorist organization. Old new man I mean just look at the Obama admin all Muslims connected to the Muslim brotherhood and they want to destroy America. They hate us and what we stand for. Don't believe me here is the Names of the guys on the Obama admin Google them for yourself.
Arif Alikhan – Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Mohammed Elibiary – Homeland Security Adviser
Rashad Hussain – Special Envoy to the (OIC) Organization of the Islamic Conference
Salam al-Marayati – Obama Adviser – founder Muslim Public Affairs Council and its current executive director
Imam Mohamed Magid – Obama’s Sharia Czar – Islamic Society of North America
Eboo Patel – Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships
WOW!~!!!!!!!! Obama appointed a Muslim to work with Muslim Public Affairs. We need a Repub Congress hearing on this shit.
Repubs are so funny.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#135565 Nov 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
S/he's having about the same luck as s/he had today going door to door, soliciting funds for Zimmerman's latest defense fund. Besides, s/he's never had a good day on Topix.
At least we now know Jethro's latest incarnation - ROTFL (Rantings Of The F'ing Lunatic).
Kudos to you, Mr. C and Limbertwig on your excellent posts!
haha GOOD ONE Crow. lmao at the judge its and the wit flowing for the last couple days. I was too tired last night to even open the laptop. Calvin and the guys were killing it.

I see the )8~D> batshit crazy loon is whining about her posts being removed. hahaha Just too funny.

Hope you had a great day.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#135567 Nov 19, 2013
hahaha, add another nut to the circus...love it when they eat their own.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Hints at 2016 Presidential Run by Throwing Republicans Under the Bus

I think it’s safe to say the 2016 Republican presidential primary is going to be one crowded field. It seems that almost every Republican with any kind of national name recognition is planning a run at the White House.

Personally, I can’t wait. Looking back on the 2012 GOP presidential primary, the seemingly endless display of right-wing ignorance was astonishing. No amount of well-crafted articulation by any liberal writer could even come close to displaying the sheer stupidity of the Republican party that the GOP primary put on the front page every single day.

And 2016 should be even better.

Well, Scott “I hate unions, teachers and poor people” Walker is someone who’s had his named mentioned quite a few times as a possible candidate in 2016. And if you listen to his “advice” for who should run, it seems to hint that’s exactly what he plans on doing.

Walker said:
“I think it’s got to be an outsider. I think both the presidential and the vice presidential nominees should either be a former or current governor, people who have done successful things in their states, who’ve taken on big reforms, who are ready to move America forward.”

Funny how he defines “outsider” as being a governor. As if being a governor precludes a politician from taking massive kickbacks, shady campaign contributions and pandering to lobbyist groups.

Hell, Scott Walker has been a Koch brother stooge since day one.

But what his comments basically did was throw every Republican in Congress under the bus by implying that ‘Congressional Republicans are part of the problem, while people like me are the solution.’

I live in Texas, home of Rick Perry. Quite possibly one of the most corrupt individuals I’ve ever encountered. Even Republicans in Texas don’t really like him, they just vote for him because he’s a Republican.

But isn’t it just a big coincidence that Governor Walker would describe a position that he’s currently in as the one where the next GOP candidate for president should come from?

It’s just more of the tired rhetoric many of these tea party favorite Republicans use about being an “outsider.” Being a tea party candidate only makes you someone who lives on the outside of reality. These tea party Republicans sell their souls to pander to the big money donors bankrolling the tea party movement.

Just look at Wyoming where the issue of same-sex marriage looks to be ripping the Cheney family apart. Liz Cheney is so desperately trying to pander to the tea party within that state, she’s basically turned on her own sister who happens to be gay.

Scott Walker can try to paint himself as some kind of “Washington outsider” because he’s never served in Congress, but that doesn’t make him anything special when it comes to being a politician. He’s no different than the rest of these right-wing radical Republicans who’ll say and do anything to pander to whoever they feel gives them the best shot at getting what they want.

So while Walker technically isn’t a “Washington insider”—his track record as Governor of Wisconsin proves he damn sure knows how to play the same kinds of games that go on in D.C.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/wisconsin-...

..."These tea party Republicans sell their souls to pander to the big money donors bankrolling the tea party movement." THAT THEY DO!!!

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#135571 Nov 19, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Actually 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi and none were from Afghanistan. Strange Bush never mentioned that fact.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

That's why we should apologize to them too!!!!

Perhaps he could just write out a form letter apologizing to whomever and that way we could just roll it out on the regular whenever we owed one!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Taliban,
We are sorry for being so mean, awful, despicable, lowdown, conniving and basically uncivilized and coming into your peaceful & funloving country and killing so many faithful patriots. We promise we will be more careful in the future when we are hunting down murdering terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden that took cover in your country while you aided them in every possible way.
Signed
President Obama

How I love that man!!!!!!!!!!

Vote Democrat!!!!!!!!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#135573 Nov 19, 2013
Creepy Right Wing Comment Of The Day: Jesus Was A Man’s Man And He Smelled Bad (VIDEO)

One of the funniest things about religious conservatives is how much they claim to worship Jesus while doing the exact opposite of what he preached. Jesus preached tolerance. The religious right preaches hate. Jesus preached of kindness to the poor. The religious right preaches disgust. Jesus preached compassion towards the sick. The religious right preaches greed and selfishness. Jesus preached love for thy neighbor. The religious right preaches, ironically, social darwinism.

Jesus was about peace and love and nonviolence. So what’s a good conservative Christian to do? They’re obsessed with guns and violence and machismo and money and pretty much everything Christ stood against. The obvious solution is to rewrite Jesus, of course.

Jesus Christ! What a stud!

And here comes (thankfully) retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, lately of the virulently homophobic Family Research Council to tell us was Jesus really was! He wasn’t no darn wimp! He was manly! He was ripped! He had bulging arms! And a thin waist! Wait, what? Seriously, for a group that despises homosexuals, this rant comes off as more than a little homoerotic:

Oh wow. Jesus smelled bad because real men don’t bother with girly personal hygiene! Seriously, I can’t think of anything more pathetic than trying to retroactively turn Jesus from a pacifist into a macho stud. That makes about as much sense as turning Ghandi into an action hero. Oh wait…

At least that was a parody. The religious right isn’t joking. They want their Jesus to be rough and tough! He’s here to kick ass or chew gum! And he’s all out of gum. All this to justify the culture of misogyny and homophobia the religious right uses to keep their flock of deeply insecure sheep in line.

What’s sad about this is that, for the most part, Boykin’s right; Christ probably would have been physically fit. He also would have been one of the brown skinned Persians that Boykin despises so much. Just don’t tell him that! He might lose his man crush on Jesus.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/19/jesus...

Bunch of idiots get nuttier every day.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#135574 Nov 19, 2013
Fiveyardpenalty4BS wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT!
This is AMERICA therefore we have the Constitution which GUARANTEES our freedom to worship any religion (or none) freely!
U.S. Supreme Court decision cites "separation of church and state" to safeguard those freedoms that shall not be usurped by any government on any level...not ban religion.
Isn't that kind of what I said?

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#135575 Nov 19, 2013
Obobin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
That's why we should apologize to them too!!!!
Perhaps he could just write out a form letter apologizing to whomever and that way we could just roll it out on the regular whenever we owed one!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Taliban,
We are sorry for being so mean, awful, despicable, lowdown, conniving and basically uncivilized and coming into your peaceful & funloving country and killing so many faithful patriots. We promise we will be more careful in the future when we are hunting down murdering terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden that took cover in your country while you aided them in every possible way.
Signed
President Obama
How I love that man!!!!!!!!!!
Vote Democrat!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to tell you this but CNN reported Obama will not be apologizing to Afghanistan.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#135576 Nov 19, 2013
Oops! Chris Christie Admits Obama’s Economic Policies Have Worked, Economy Has Improved

I love the two sided argument state-level Republicans (particularly governors) use when talking about our economy. When speaking about President Obama and his policies, they’ll undoubtedly say his policies are failing and have hurt our economy. Yet, when they’re trying to champion their own political successes, often the first numbers they cite are jobs numbers.

It’s always funny. When a state’s jobs numbers are good, that state’s governor takes credit. But when they’re bad, it’s because of the federal government. Well, at least in the world of Republican “logic.”

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie made a statement recently where he touted the jobs success New Jersey has experienced, claiming that since 2010 the state has created 143,000 private-sector jobs.

A number the fact-checking website Politifact rated as “True.”

The time frame they used for their findings was from February 2010 (Christie’s first full month in office) until August 2013 (the last month we have finalized jobs data). And it’s true — in that time frame, the state of New Jersey did create 143,000 private-sector jobs.

Oh, but what also happened in February 2010? Well, that would be the first month of the ongoing 44 consecutive months that the United States has experienced private-sector job growth.

So, let’s see. Chris Christie is claiming that his “leadership” has resulted in 143,000 private-sector jobs (a “True” statement) starting the very first full month he assumed office. You know, when his policies had absolutely no impact on New Jersey’s economy.

But that was when the country as a whole experienced its first month (first of what would be 44 consecutive months — and counting) of private-sector job growth. You know, when President Obama’s economic policies began to show their true impact following the worst economic crash our country had seen in nearly a century.

Now, if Christie had just taken office (meaning it was impossible his policies had any chance at having an impact on New Jersey’s economy as of yet) and private-sector job growth was already established (and continues to grow to this day) it’s clear that his leadership wasn’t the triggering point for that job growth.

In other words, either the private-sector job growth is due in part to his predecessor — or the successful economic policies of the Obama administration triggered it.

Oh, and so much for that “job-killing Obamacare,” huh?

So the way I look at it is, Christie must believe President Obama’s policies have been a massive success. Not only has “Obamacare” not destroyed job creation (since he’s bragging about the job growth over the last three years since the Affordable Care Act was passed), but he clearly believes that the economic policies pushed by President Obama have been highly successful. Especially considering the job growth which he’s bragging about began during his first month in office—when his policies would have had absolutely no impact.

But President Obama’s clearly did, considering Christie’s first full month in office was the beginning of our current 44 consecutive months of private-sector job creation. So yes, congrats on those 143,000 jobs, governor. I hope to see the number continue to rise.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/oops-chris...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#135577 Nov 19, 2013
Republican Congressman arrested for cocaine possession.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Fredrick mills Clark 2 hr Jessica 22
Who is this guy? Saw him in court back in 2012/13 5 hr Wondering 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Patriot 151,618
Why was Jason lake fired ? 6 hr Lol 11
save alot 6 hr tire guy 15
Anyone lose a blue tick puppy? 6 hr I want it 2
New Hires at KC 6 hr Woweee 58
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? Mon History lesson 35

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages