'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
117,321 - 117,340 of 147,385 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Sarah Palin, Richard Cohen and today’s sad, sad GOP

On their planet, it's not racist to compare the national debt to slavery, or "gag" at seeing an interracial couple

I’m getting a lot of attention, even outside the wingnut blogosphere, for explaining on MSNBC that Sarah Palin’s equating the national debt with slavery is another example of “the white grievance industry” manufacturing and peddling new widgets of rage to the GOP base. I’m not sure what’s noteworthy there. Palin is indeed part of a vast white right-wing anger machine mostly run out of Fox News, though its unrivaled leader is Rush Limbaugh. It’s powered by the paranoia among too many Republicans that white people are somehow oppressed by our first black president.

You’re forgiven if Palin is on your ignore list. In case you missed it, the half-term former Alaska governor riled up an Iowa crowd this weekend by declaring what she was about to say “isn’t racist,” then immediately complaining that liberals (presumably) would “try anyway” to make it seem racist, and then making her ignorant comparison between the national debt and chattel slavery, which is at best deeply dismissive of slavery’s cruel and persistent legacy in American society, if not actually racist.

As I said on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation,”“white privilege” can be a tough term to define precisely, but I’d say Palin ran a clinic on it in Iowa. White privilege consists of either being so ignorant about slavery that you can compare it to the national debt, or so entitled that you know it’s an absolutely bogus and invidious comparison but you go ahead and make it anyway because … free speech! Or something.

But this is the main political capital that the Republican Party seems to have today: the anger and grievance of older white voters, most of them male, at the multiracial country that’s emerging in their lifetimes, as personified by President Obama. The mainstream media, though, is having a very hard time deciding how big a deal that is, and so they highlight someone – in this case, me – calling it a big deal, in order to suggest, well, liberals are going a little too far on this race stuff, too. Aren’t they? No, we’re not.

The Washington Post’s self-destructive columnist Richard Cohen showed the trouble many pundits are having reckoning with this new world, in a column about why New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will have a hard time with the very Iowa voters Palin pandered to last weekend. The problem is that in describing the attitudes of those voters, Cohen, sadly, seemed to share them. He’s mainly in trouble for this paragraph (also, to be fair, for a lot of his past creepy writing about race):

The problem with what Cohen wrote is that he seems to share the “gag reflex” of those “conventional” voters.(And is “conventional” really a synonym for “backward” and “racist” at the Washington Post? Is that in the stylebook?) Cohen also manages to compare these Tea Party devotees to the Dixiecrats who bolted the Democratic Party over civil rights legislation – but then he says Harry Belafonte was wrong to call them “racist.” OK.

Richard Cohen is an absolutely terrible columnist, but his Op-Ed today, along with the Mediaite and Real Clear Politics posts about my Palin remarks, shows the trouble journalists are having reckoning with the racism of many (not all) Tea Party voters and their leaders like Palin. Clearly, anyone who demands the right to use the word “slavery” to describe the national debt is verbally challenged and/or probably racist, given this nation’s awful history. It shouldn’t be controversial to describe the sense of white grievance animating today’s GOP, but apparently it is.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/12/sarah_palin_r...

Racist teabagger GOP....they OWN it.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

You repuke circus clown socks have fun. Stomp away. I have to go spend some of that retirement check you losers wish you had. Leave some laughs.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
See you in a couple of weeks...I'll bust you out again. Enjoy Thanksgiving spewing hate on here!
ta ta!
Just a couple week? Good riddance, arisockisadumbass. Pull another sock out and carry on you loser freak. I will enjoy Thanksgiving. I am most thankful for my family, friends, and that I am NOT a lying, racist, teabagger CON.

btw, you only "bust" yourself out with every sock. Nice try. Carry on. Best political poster child for the racist teabagger CONS.

ta ta your ass loser lemming sock. fo

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ari.
When'd you go liberal??
Couldn't sign off until I said hello. Hope you have a great day. That arisockisadumbass will try anything to get someone to talk to his pathetic ass. I called him out on it a couple days ago but like usual, divert, ignore and change the subject. That's what those ignorant circus clown socks do best. I guess you noticed the batshit crazy loon is back after her topix forced time out. hahaha

Have fun with the lunatics. I am off to shop before everyone gets off work or out of school. Hope you have a great weekend. I will. BBL

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
fellershellers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Republicons, when and where would you like to meet?
President Paul

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Don't worry Rand Paul will get it all straightened out in 2016 when he is elected President.
obamaisadumbASS

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple week? Good riddance, arisockisadumbass. Pull another sock out and carry on you loser freak. I will enjoy Thanksgiving. I am most thankful for my family, friends, and that I am NOT a lying, racist, teabagger CON.
btw, you only "bust" yourself out with every sock. Nice try. Carry on. Best political poster child for the racist teabagger CONS.
ta ta your ass loser lemming sock. fo
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Yep! You will enjoy Thanksgiveing on the taxpayer, like you do every year, you worthless trash! Maybe we will get lucky and you will choke to death on a bone! Oh, you are not responding to me, and I'm not going anywhere, count on it!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

I love Obama and everything he does!!!!!!

I hope he raises the minimum wage to $20/Hr!!!!

Vote Democrat and see the progress!!!!
mofo

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Obobin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Abraham Lincoln was a stupid republiCON!!!!
Go Democrats Go Obama!!!
it was great men like Lincoln that provided you with the right to slander such great things such as the Gettysburg address. I bet if a democrat wrote it would be gospel to you. how could you put a republican or democratic label on something that was so vital to the progression of this nation and at the same time act like you care who runs it. Abraham Lincoln was nothing but an American to me and one of the best leaders we ever had. who cares what party he belonged to. he may have been a republican by label but he was an American at heart. you need to quit looking at red and blue and start thinking red, white and blue or else your no different than the people you complain about. our government is divided enough for all of us. a great leader is not a republican or democrat. he is just a great leader.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Pooteye wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone should just get a check from the gubment while we trick the illegals into doing all the work. Why give them citizenship and ruin the fun of slave labor?
Why not?! The government prints its own money so it doesn't cost anything except paper and ink so why not just print enough money to give everybody a bunch every week!!!

I love Obama and everything he does!!!!

Yay democrats!!!!!!
GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

President Paul wrote:
Don't worry Rand Paul will get it all straightened out in 2016 when he is elected President.
Wait, this Rand Paul?

"Sen.Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) pathetic excuses for plagiarizing content in his speeches and book show that either he has no shame, or he has no concept of what plagiarism is and why it is wrong. Either way, it’s a serious problem, and Paul needs to take responsibility for it rather than continuing to attack those who simply reported the truth, as when he called MSNBC host Rachel Maddow a “hater.”

In an interview with Fusion.net shortly after Maddow caught him lifting from the Wikipedia page about the movie Gattaca, Paul said,“I gave credit to the people who wrote the movie.” Missing from his statement is that Paul never gave credit to Wikipedia, from which he took language directly. No one ever accused him of plagiarizing the movie.

It gets worse. Buzzfeed reported (ironically, some would say) that in his book Government Bullies, Paul used the direct wording from a 2003 Heritage Foundation case study, 1,318 words in all, to fill three pages of his book, with only slight modifications. He didn’t put the report’s text inside quotation marks. He didn’t even write,“According to the Heritage Foundation…” He just put an endnote at the end of the book citing the study.
That is not how end notes are supposed to be used. An end note cites information. It doesn’t mean that you can lift the text.

If Paul thinks that is a trivial distinction, he’s going to have another think coming when he runs for president."

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politi...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't sign off until I said hello. Hope you have a great day. That arisockisadumbass will try anything to get someone to talk to his pathetic ass. I called him out on it a couple days ago but like usual, divert, ignore and change the subject. That's what those ignorant circus clown socks do best. I guess you noticed the batshit crazy loon is back after her topix forced time out. hahaha
Have fun with the lunatics. I am off to shop before everyone gets off work or out of school. Hope you have a great weekend. I will. BBL
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Hola RC. I did see the loon, and that she was on a time out. She admitted it herself, then backtracked, then disappeared on a vacation to the Maldives. haha And gone are the days when Ari can disguise himself, no matter the sock. Love it.

I'm attending a Dance Central Tournament at my cousins house tonight, perhaps I'll see you guys after.:)
GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

mofo wrote:
<quoted text>it was great men like Lincoln that provided you with the right to slander such great things such as the Gettysburg address. I bet if a democrat wrote it would be gospel to you. how could you put a republican or democratic label on something that was so vital to the progression of this nation and at the same time act like you care who runs it. Abraham Lincoln was nothing but an American to me and one of the best leaders we ever had. who cares what party he belonged to. he may have been a republican by label but he was an American at heart. you need to quit looking at red and blue and start thinking red, white and blue or else your no different than the people you complain about. our government is divided enough for all of us. a great leader is not a republican or democrat. he is just a great leader.
The post you responded to was a Republicon poster, he's not a Democrat as he fooled you into thinking.

Democrats support President Lincoln and what he's done including the Gettysburg Address!

http://www.learntheaddress.org/
obamaisadumbASS

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Since the only thing you are able to do is copy and paste, why don't you show me where you did all that? Copy and paste the post where you called me out bitch!
GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Wait what, this Rand Paul...

"Even before Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) plagiarism controversies, the senator had developed a disconcerting habit. Whatever else one might think of Paul, and whether folks are concerned with his practice of presenting others’ work as his own, the Kentucky Republican has routinely shared some of his very odd beliefs with the public.

For example, the senator is now worried about doughnuts.

Sen. Rand Paul warned Americans that the federal government is targeting doughnuts, the latest example of the oppressive nanny state in America.

“They’re coming after your doughnuts!” the Kentucky Republican said, referring to the Food and Drug Administration decision to ban trans fats…. Paul’s remarks came during a speech at The Charleston Meeting in South Carolina Monday night.

He went on to argue,“The FDA has banned unilaterally – some unelected bureaucrat has banned trans fats…. If we’re gonna have a nanny state, and everybody’s gotta eat the right thing and you can’t eat a doughnut, maybe we ought to just enforce it on the government workers first.”

In case anyone’s concerned about whether Paul’s argument has substantive merit, let’s set the record straight. As Jon Chait explained,“They are not, in fact, coming after your doughnuts. Trans fats are not essential to make doughnuts or, really, anything. Some restaurants still use trans fats because, even though they’re incredibly bad for you, they’re longer-lasting and slightly cheaper than other oils, and very few customers would ever know the difference. But Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme, and many others have already eliminated trans fats, and customers have detected no difference in taste…. FDA officials are phasing out a dangerous substance at no cost to people’s ability to eat tasty food.”

And while that’s certainly important, the larger context suggests no one should be surprised by Paul’s strange beliefs. We are, after all, talking about a senator who believes the Obama administration is conspiring with the United Nations to “confiscate and destroy all ‘unauthorized’ civilian firearms”; there was a secret gun-running scheme that shipped weapons from Libya to Turkey; gun-toting meteorologists are stockpiling ammunition; and the Obama administration is responsible for problems with Paul’s toilet.

While we’re at it, Chait added,“[I]n the imaginary world in which Rand Paul spends most of his time … the IRS has hired 16,000 new IRS agents to enforce Obamacare, Obama is giving away free phones, Medicaid is bankrupting Kentucky hospitals, and all sorts of other terrible things that aren’t actually happening are happening.”

Given all of this, does it really come as a shock that he’s under the false impression that the FDA is “coming after your doughnuts”?

Cruz/Paul 2016!!!!!!!! Please do!
obamaisadumbASS

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola RC. I did see the loon, and that she was on a time out. She admitted it herself, then backtracked, then disappeared on a vacation to the Maldives. haha And gone are the days when Ari can disguise himself, no matter the sock. Love it.
I'm attending a Dance Central Tournament at my cousins house tonight, perhaps I'll see you guys after.:)
God I hope an i'slime'ic terrorist don't come to your dance tournament, and blow you and your cousins all up, like they do innocent people!
GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, this Rand Paul?
"Sen.Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) pathetic excuses for plagiarizing content in his speeches and book show that either he has no shame, or he has no concept of what plagiarism is and why it is wrong. Either way, it’s a serious problem, and Paul needs to take responsibility for it rather than continuing to attack those who simply reported the truth, as when he called MSNBC host Rachel Maddow a “hater.”
In an interview with Fusion.net shortly after Maddow caught him lifting from the Wikipedia page about the movie Gattaca, Paul said,“I gave credit to the people who wrote the movie.” Missing from his statement is that Paul never gave credit to Wikipedia, from which he took language directly. No one ever accused him of plagiarizing the movie.
It gets worse. Buzzfeed reported (ironically, some would say) that in his book Government Bullies, Paul used the direct wording from a 2003 Heritage Foundation case study, 1,318 words in all, to fill three pages of his book, with only slight modifications. He didn’t put the report’s text inside quotation marks. He didn’t even write,“According to the Heritage Foundation…” He just put an endnote at the end of the book citing the study.
That is not how end notes are supposed to be used. An end note cites information. It doesn’t mean that you can lift the text.
If Paul thinks that is a trivial distinction, he’s going to have another think coming when he runs for president."
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politi...
Judged "Racy", "Disagree" and "Incendiary"...REALL Y?

How Teapublican of you to disavow any knowledge of reality, proven factual information and childish plagiarism! Wow, how disconnected do you have to be to be a Teabagger anyway?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Everything President Obama does is perfect and everything republiCONS do is criminal & wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully all republiCONS will be put in prison for life even if they have to rope off all of Alabama to hold them all!!!!!!!!!!

WooHoo I love democrats because they are always right!!!!!!!!!!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

President Paul wrote:
I'm not worried!
http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politics/2013/10 ...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

obamaisadumbASS wrote:
<quoted text>
God I hope an i'slime'ic terrorist don't come to your dance tournament, and blow you and your cousins all up, like they do innocent people!
Gosh, I sure hope so too!

Thanks for thinking of me, Ari! What a pal.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Obobin Hood wrote:
Everything President Obama does is perfect and everything republiCONS do is criminal & wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully all republiCONS will be put in prison for life even if they have to rope off all of Alabama to hold them all!!!!!!!!!!
WooHoo I love democrats because they are always right!!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time they did an MRI of your head to see if there really is a brain in there?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
danny jordan.woman user 25 min bcc65 1
Teresa Johnson and Rex 37 min wondering 12
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 55 min friend 11
chicken fight felony 1 hr Joe Kerr 11
Our guys.... not the best guy 1 hr plain facts 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Anne52 81,567
Where's Jason cranes 2 hr Jail bird 19
john sowders 5 hr she will 15
New club in Barbourville? 12 hr Bville resident 20