'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
fellershellers

Lawrenceville, GA

#134724 Nov 15, 2013
Wow, this thread was started the years ago, and people who sit on their rumps still arguing politics. Looks like you all should meet up at a nearest McDonalds, get a coffee, with a tray of course, sit your rumps down and talk about it. Cause, isn't that what all you old farts do all morning anyhow? Talk about what needs to change, make yourselves sound real interesting, cause the actual public can care less. We sit on or rumps too. Take you teeth out the glass, stick them back in your mouth, and eat a giant bowl of rhino dong.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134725 Nov 15, 2013
Obama never lied about your plan

Terminated policies were introduced after ACA's passing -- often with insurers' knowledge they'd be scrapped

President Obama has been getting a lot of grief in the last few weeks over his pledge that with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in place, people would be able to keep their insurance if they like it. The media have been filled with stories about people across the country who are having their insurance policies terminated, ostensibly because they did not meet the requirements of the ACA. While this has led many to say that Obama was lying, there is much less here than meets the eye.

First, it is important to note that the ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted. This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA.

The plans being terminated because they don’t meet the minimal standards were all plans that insurers introduced after the passage of the ACA. Insurers introduced these plans knowing that they would not meet the standards that would come into effect in 2014. Insurers may not have informed their clients at the time they sold these plans that they would not be available after 2014 because they had designed a plan that did not comply with the ACA.

However if the insurers didn’t tell their clients that the new plans would only be available for a short period of time, the blame would seem to rest with the insurance companies, not the ACA. After all, President Obama did not promise people that he would keep insurers from developing new plans that will not comply with the provisions of the ACA.

In addition to the new plans that were created that did not comply with the terms of the ACA, there have been complaints that the grandfathering was too strict. For example, insurers can only raise their premiums or deductibles by a small amount above the rate of medical inflation. As a result, many of the plans in existence at the time of the ACA are losing their grandfathered status.

In this case also it is wrong to view the insurers as passive actors who are being forced to stop offering plans because of the ACA. The price increases charged by insurers are not events outside of the control of insurers. If an insurer offers a plan which has many committed buyers, then presumably it would be able to structure its changes in ways that are consistent with the ACA. If it decides not to do so, this is presumably because the insurer has decided that it is not interested in continuing to offer the plan.

As a practical matter, there are many plans that insurers will opt to drop for market reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the ACA. It’s hard to see how this could be viewed as a violation of President Obama’s pledge. After all, insurers change and drop plans all the time. Did people who heard Obama’s pledge understand it to mean that insurers would no longer have this option once the ACA passed?

If Obama’s pledge was understood as ensuring that every plan that was in existence in 2010 would remain in existence, then it would imply a complete federal takeover of the insurance industry. This would require the government to tell insurers that they must continue to offer plans even if they are losing money on them and even if the plans had lost most of their customers. This would at the least be a strange policy. It would be surprising if many people thought this was the meaning of President Obama’s pledge.

Finally, there will be many plans that insurers will stop offering in large part because of the changed market conditions created by the ACA. For example, last week the Washington Post highlighted a plan for the “hardest to insure” that was being cancelled by Pathmark Blue Cross of Pennsylvania.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134726 Nov 15, 2013
CONtinued:

This plan is likely being cancelled because it is unable to compete with the insurance being offered through the exchanges. The exchanges charge everyone the same rate regardless of their pre-existing health conditions. A plan that is especially designed for people who have serious health conditions would almost certainly charge a far higher rate. If these high-priced plans no longer exist because they cannot compete with the exchanges would this mean that President Obama had broken his pledge?

On closer inspection, the claim that President Obama lied in saying that people could keep their insurance looks like another Fox News special. In the only way that the pledge could be interpreted as being meaningful, the pledge is true. The ACA does not eliminate plans that were in existence at the time the bill was approved.

If we want to play Fox News, President Obama also promised people they could keep their doctor. Since 2010 tens of thousands of doctors have retired or even died. Guess the pledge that people could keep their doctor was yet another lie from the Obama administration.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/15/no_obama_didn...

BUT keep spinning it repukes..it WILL succeed just in time for the elections. Watch for it. Calvin explained it to you. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134727 Nov 15, 2013
fellershellers wrote:
Wow, this thread was started the years ago, and people who sit on their rumps still arguing politics. Looks like you all should meet up at a nearest McDonalds, get a coffee, with a tray of course, sit your rumps down and talk about it. Cause, isn't that what all you old farts do all morning anyhow? Talk about what needs to change, make yourselves sound real interesting, cause the actual public can care less. We sit on or rumps too. Take you teeth out the glass, stick them back in your mouth, and eat a giant bowl of rhino dong.
Knock yourself out there arisockisadumbass. Sounds like your pathetic life. Loser lemming tool.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
wellwellwell

Butler, KY

#134728 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>

You just wait in the shadows for me, don't you
See you in a couple of weeks...I'll bust you out again. Enjoy Thanksgiving spewing hate on here!

ta ta!
mofo

Mount Sterling, KY

#134729 Nov 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Did NOT read thru 'your' SPAM
Just the last part of it!
nutter jr SAID: Born in KENTUCKY, a great man and PRESIDENT. In today's world he would be a DEMOCRAT.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
AL says:
Abraham Lincoln would NEVER be a dim!
He WAS TOO HONEST!
There's NO 'honesty' in ... a libTARDED Dem!
)8~D>
American President Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
Facts at a Glance
Term 16th President of the United States (1861–1865)
With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan...
March 4, 1865
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln
* A Life in Brief
* Fighting for Unity and Freedom
* Personal Tragedies and Triumphs
etc...
MORE:
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln/ess...
"A House Divided" Speech (June 16, 1858)
Abraham Lincoln
Mr. PRESIDENT[James Buchanan] and Gentlemen of the Convention.
If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.
We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation.
Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented.
In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached and passed.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free.
I do not expect the Union to be dissolved--I do not expect the house to fall--but I do expect it will cease to be divided.
It will become all one thing, or all the other.
Definitely MORE here:
http://millercenter.org/scripps/archive/speec...
it was truly a great address at a time when this country needed a great leader. it still gives me goosebumps when I read it. it wasn't a republican or democratic speech. it was an American speech. how dare any degrade such a great man by slandering him because of the party he belonged to. if we had more people like him helping guide this country i would definitely have something to be proud of in government. but instead we have too many people who listen to a man not because of the truth and meaning in his words but because of the party he belongs to. the greatest accomplishments in our history are shared by the great leadership of democrats and republicans alike.as well as the tragedies. when people start thinking of themselves of americans instead of parties a big step will be made to to build on to the foundations that men like Abraham Lincoln strengthened with his pride appreciation of America and it's people.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#134730 Nov 15, 2013
Obobin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Abraham Lincoln was a stupid republiCON!!!!
Go Democrats Go Obama!!!
Hi Ari.
When'd you go liberal??
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134731 Nov 15, 2013
Sarah Palin, Richard Cohen and today’s sad, sad GOP

On their planet, it's not racist to compare the national debt to slavery, or "gag" at seeing an interracial couple

I’m getting a lot of attention, even outside the wingnut blogosphere, for explaining on MSNBC that Sarah Palin’s equating the national debt with slavery is another example of “the white grievance industry” manufacturing and peddling new widgets of rage to the GOP base. I’m not sure what’s noteworthy there. Palin is indeed part of a vast white right-wing anger machine mostly run out of Fox News, though its unrivaled leader is Rush Limbaugh. It’s powered by the paranoia among too many Republicans that white people are somehow oppressed by our first black president.

You’re forgiven if Palin is on your ignore list. In case you missed it, the half-term former Alaska governor riled up an Iowa crowd this weekend by declaring what she was about to say “isn’t racist,” then immediately complaining that liberals (presumably) would “try anyway” to make it seem racist, and then making her ignorant comparison between the national debt and chattel slavery, which is at best deeply dismissive of slavery’s cruel and persistent legacy in American society, if not actually racist.

As I said on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation,”“white privilege” can be a tough term to define precisely, but I’d say Palin ran a clinic on it in Iowa. White privilege consists of either being so ignorant about slavery that you can compare it to the national debt, or so entitled that you know it’s an absolutely bogus and invidious comparison but you go ahead and make it anyway because … free speech! Or something.

But this is the main political capital that the Republican Party seems to have today: the anger and grievance of older white voters, most of them male, at the multiracial country that’s emerging in their lifetimes, as personified by President Obama. The mainstream media, though, is having a very hard time deciding how big a deal that is, and so they highlight someone – in this case, me – calling it a big deal, in order to suggest, well, liberals are going a little too far on this race stuff, too. Aren’t they? No, we’re not.

The Washington Post’s self-destructive columnist Richard Cohen showed the trouble many pundits are having reckoning with this new world, in a column about why New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will have a hard time with the very Iowa voters Palin pandered to last weekend. The problem is that in describing the attitudes of those voters, Cohen, sadly, seemed to share them. He’s mainly in trouble for this paragraph (also, to be fair, for a lot of his past creepy writing about race):

The problem with what Cohen wrote is that he seems to share the “gag reflex” of those “conventional” voters.(And is “conventional” really a synonym for “backward” and “racist” at the Washington Post? Is that in the stylebook?) Cohen also manages to compare these Tea Party devotees to the Dixiecrats who bolted the Democratic Party over civil rights legislation – but then he says Harry Belafonte was wrong to call them “racist.” OK.

Richard Cohen is an absolutely terrible columnist, but his Op-Ed today, along with the Mediaite and Real Clear Politics posts about my Palin remarks, shows the trouble journalists are having reckoning with the racism of many (not all) Tea Party voters and their leaders like Palin. Clearly, anyone who demands the right to use the word “slavery” to describe the national debt is verbally challenged and/or probably racist, given this nation’s awful history. It shouldn’t be controversial to describe the sense of white grievance animating today’s GOP, but apparently it is.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/12/sarah_palin_r...

Racist teabagger GOP....they OWN it.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

You repuke circus clown socks have fun. Stomp away. I have to go spend some of that retirement check you losers wish you had. Leave some laughs.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134732 Nov 15, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
See you in a couple of weeks...I'll bust you out again. Enjoy Thanksgiving spewing hate on here!
ta ta!
Just a couple week? Good riddance, arisockisadumbass. Pull another sock out and carry on you loser freak. I will enjoy Thanksgiving. I am most thankful for my family, friends, and that I am NOT a lying, racist, teabagger CON.

btw, you only "bust" yourself out with every sock. Nice try. Carry on. Best political poster child for the racist teabagger CONS.

ta ta your ass loser lemming sock. fo

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134733 Nov 15, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ari.
When'd you go liberal??
Couldn't sign off until I said hello. Hope you have a great day. That arisockisadumbass will try anything to get someone to talk to his pathetic ass. I called him out on it a couple days ago but like usual, divert, ignore and change the subject. That's what those ignorant circus clown socks do best. I guess you noticed the batshit crazy loon is back after her topix forced time out. hahaha

Have fun with the lunatics. I am off to shop before everyone gets off work or out of school. Hope you have a great weekend. I will. BBL

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
fellershellers

Lawrenceville, GA

#134734 Nov 15, 2013
Republicons, when and where would you like to meet?
President Paul

Campbellsville, KY

#134735 Nov 15, 2013
Don't worry Rand Paul will get it all straightened out in 2016 when he is elected President.
obamaisadumbASS

Johnson City, TN

#134736 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple week? Good riddance, arisockisadumbass. Pull another sock out and carry on you loser freak. I will enjoy Thanksgiving. I am most thankful for my family, friends, and that I am NOT a lying, racist, teabagger CON.
btw, you only "bust" yourself out with every sock. Nice try. Carry on. Best political poster child for the racist teabagger CONS.
ta ta your ass loser lemming sock. fo
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Yep! You will enjoy Thanksgiveing on the taxpayer, like you do every year, you worthless trash! Maybe we will get lucky and you will choke to death on a bone! Oh, you are not responding to me, and I'm not going anywhere, count on it!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#134737 Nov 15, 2013
I love Obama and everything he does!!!!!!

I hope he raises the minimum wage to $20/Hr!!!!

Vote Democrat and see the progress!!!!
mofo

Mount Sterling, KY

#134738 Nov 15, 2013
Obobin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Abraham Lincoln was a stupid republiCON!!!!
Go Democrats Go Obama!!!
it was great men like Lincoln that provided you with the right to slander such great things such as the Gettysburg address. I bet if a democrat wrote it would be gospel to you. how could you put a republican or democratic label on something that was so vital to the progression of this nation and at the same time act like you care who runs it. Abraham Lincoln was nothing but an American to me and one of the best leaders we ever had. who cares what party he belonged to. he may have been a republican by label but he was an American at heart. you need to quit looking at red and blue and start thinking red, white and blue or else your no different than the people you complain about. our government is divided enough for all of us. a great leader is not a republican or democrat. he is just a great leader.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#134739 Nov 15, 2013
Pooteye wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone should just get a check from the gubment while we trick the illegals into doing all the work. Why give them citizenship and ruin the fun of slave labor?
Why not?! The government prints its own money so it doesn't cost anything except paper and ink so why not just print enough money to give everybody a bunch every week!!!

I love Obama and everything he does!!!!

Yay democrats!!!!!!
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#134740 Nov 15, 2013
President Paul wrote:
Don't worry Rand Paul will get it all straightened out in 2016 when he is elected President.
Wait, this Rand Paul?

"Sen.Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) pathetic excuses for plagiarizing content in his speeches and book show that either he has no shame, or he has no concept of what plagiarism is and why it is wrong. Either way, it’s a serious problem, and Paul needs to take responsibility for it rather than continuing to attack those who simply reported the truth, as when he called MSNBC host Rachel Maddow a “hater.”

In an interview with Fusion.net shortly after Maddow caught him lifting from the Wikipedia page about the movie Gattaca, Paul said,“I gave credit to the people who wrote the movie.” Missing from his statement is that Paul never gave credit to Wikipedia, from which he took language directly. No one ever accused him of plagiarizing the movie.

It gets worse. Buzzfeed reported (ironically, some would say) that in his book Government Bullies, Paul used the direct wording from a 2003 Heritage Foundation case study, 1,318 words in all, to fill three pages of his book, with only slight modifications. He didn’t put the report’s text inside quotation marks. He didn’t even write,“According to the Heritage Foundation…” He just put an endnote at the end of the book citing the study.
That is not how end notes are supposed to be used. An end note cites information. It doesn’t mean that you can lift the text.

If Paul thinks that is a trivial distinction, he’s going to have another think coming when he runs for president."

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politi...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#134741 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't sign off until I said hello. Hope you have a great day. That arisockisadumbass will try anything to get someone to talk to his pathetic ass. I called him out on it a couple days ago but like usual, divert, ignore and change the subject. That's what those ignorant circus clown socks do best. I guess you noticed the batshit crazy loon is back after her topix forced time out. hahaha
Have fun with the lunatics. I am off to shop before everyone gets off work or out of school. Hope you have a great weekend. I will. BBL
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Hola RC. I did see the loon, and that she was on a time out. She admitted it herself, then backtracked, then disappeared on a vacation to the Maldives. haha And gone are the days when Ari can disguise himself, no matter the sock. Love it.

I'm attending a Dance Central Tournament at my cousins house tonight, perhaps I'll see you guys after.:)
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#134742 Nov 15, 2013
mofo wrote:
<quoted text>it was great men like Lincoln that provided you with the right to slander such great things such as the Gettysburg address. I bet if a democrat wrote it would be gospel to you. how could you put a republican or democratic label on something that was so vital to the progression of this nation and at the same time act like you care who runs it. Abraham Lincoln was nothing but an American to me and one of the best leaders we ever had. who cares what party he belonged to. he may have been a republican by label but he was an American at heart. you need to quit looking at red and blue and start thinking red, white and blue or else your no different than the people you complain about. our government is divided enough for all of us. a great leader is not a republican or democrat. he is just a great leader.
The post you responded to was a Republicon poster, he's not a Democrat as he fooled you into thinking.

Democrats support President Lincoln and what he's done including the Gettysburg Address!

http://www.learntheaddress.org/
obamaisadumbASS

Johnson City, TN

#134743 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Since the only thing you are able to do is copy and paste, why don't you show me where you did all that? Copy and paste the post where you called me out bitch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 3 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 5 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 6 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 7 hr Curious 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 7 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 7 hr koko 53
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 10 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills Fri Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville