'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134710 Nov 15, 2013
Stupid Is As Stupid Does: KKK Goes Recruiting In Mostly Black Neighborhood

KKK actually targets a black neighborhood for recruiting.

You might think you are reading something from The Onion, but you’re not. Residents of a predominantly African- American neighborhood in New Smyrna Beach, Florida actually found recruiting fliers that read “our race is our nation” from a North Carolina Ku Klux Klan group. Apparently, they were trying to recruit new members.

Resident Tim Washington told KFTV that he was on his way to work when something stopped him dead. He said:

(I) saw that it was a piece of paper on the ground and it had hate stuff on it.

The group responsible for the fliers was seen during an August cross- burning. Hundreds of the leaflets were dropped throughout this neighborhood by this chapter of the KKK. Officials say that the North Carolina chapter, seeking new members, sent the fliers to a Florida chapter, who dropped them under cover of night, in the New Smyrna Beach neighborhood.

Well, of course the cowards dropped the hateful fliers under cover of night. They’d never be brave enough to do something like this during the day time.

Of course, many residents found fliers, just like Washington did. Three others, like Washington, called the police to report them.

Channel 9′s Ryan Hughes confronted the KKK leader’s claim that this was a recruiting effort. Hughes said:

You say this was a recruiting effort; however, your group targeted a predominately black neighborhood.

KKK leader Robert Jones replied:

Well, we don’t have no way of judging where we’re putting the fliers at.

Well! That right there is some real good English you’re speakin,’ sir! I’ve read all I need to from these clowns, myself.

I like resident Erica Blount’s message better:

Stay away from our neighborhood. We live together here. All different races.

Watch the news report on the incident here:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/15/kkk-r...

Typical coward CONS spreading hate in the darkness proving where they want to take our country BACK to. Disgusting losers

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Alec Baldwin

Beckley, WV

#134711 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Stupid Is As Stupid Does: KKK Goes Recruiting In Mostly Black Neighborhood
KKK actually targets a black neighborhood for recruiting.
You might think you are reading something from The Onion, but you’re not. Residents of a predominantly African- American neighborhood in New Smyrna Beach, Florida actually found recruiting fliers that read “our race is our nation” from a North Carolina Ku Klux Klan group. Apparently, they were trying to recruit new members.
Resident Tim Washington told KFTV that he was on his way to work when something stopped him dead. He said:
(I) saw that it was a piece of paper on the ground and it had hate stuff on it.
The group responsible for the fliers was seen during an August cross- burning. Hundreds of the leaflets were dropped throughout this neighborhood by this chapter of the KKK. Officials say that the North Carolina chapter, seeking new members, sent the fliers to a Florida chapter, who dropped them under cover of night, in the New Smyrna Beach neighborhood.
Well, of course the cowards dropped the hateful fliers under cover of night. They’d never be brave enough to do something like this during the day time.
Of course, many residents found fliers, just like Washington did. Three others, like Washington, called the police to report them.
Channel 9′s Ryan Hughes confronted the KKK leader’s claim that this was a recruiting effort. Hughes said:
You say this was a recruiting effort; however, your group targeted a predominately black neighborhood.
KKK leader Robert Jones replied:
Well, we don’t have no way of judging where we’re putting the fliers at.
Well! That right there is some real good English you’re speakin,’ sir! I’ve read all I need to from these clowns, myself.
I like resident Erica Blount’s message better:
Stay away from our neighborhood. We live together here. All different races.
Watch the news report on the incident here:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/15/kkk-r...
Typical coward CONS spreading hate in the darkness proving where they want to take our country BACK to. Disgusting losers
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Hey, dont forget the hate filled leftwingnuts like me, and proud of it.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134712 Nov 15, 2013
Tea Party Group Raises Millions To Unseat GOP, Then Exposed As Scam

The Tea Party assault on the Republican Party is in full swing… or is it? Earlier this month, the Tea Party Leadership Fund ran an ad attacking the GOP, calling them ‘traitors.’ Following this, they put up this webpage, which is pictured below.

But, in study of the group and its activities, one finds that while they have raised millions, they spent only $52,000 on candidates in the last election cycle, and only $154,172 in total for political activity. Yet, almost all of the money they have raised, has been spent.

Where has the Tea Party Leadership Fund spent all of its money?

Going over the groups federal filings, the group spends most of its money on other organizations, such as DB Capitol Strategies, PLLC, run by Dan Backer. Dan Backer, it turns out, is the Treasurer of the Tea Party Leadership Fund. Over, and over again, the fund is issuing payments to organizations run by the members who run it. In other words, the whole fund is a money making scam put together by con artists exploiting the dim witted.

People are being scammed by those seeking to exploit their rage. The money donated goes into the pockets of those who merely see them as tools, something to be exploited. The people behind the Tea Party Leadership Fund are using what Think Progress has called a “gimmick” to pad their own fortunes. It would almost be ironic if it were not so tragic.

A get-rich scam targeting the impotent rage created by right-wing media.

The money being raised by the Tea Party Leadership Fund will likely never create any impact in the 2014 mid-term races. They will spend a token amount to claim that they have supported some candidates, but the lions share (over 90% based on past expenditures) will go into the pockets of those running the organization.

The organization tapped into the right-wing hysteria generated by organizations such as Fox News. Their message is carefully crafted to ensure maximum impact on the easily misled. They tap into misinformation and deceit, and use that to divorce the gullible from their money.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/15/tea-p...

Dimwits for sure.

Teabaggers vs. CONS...PRICELESS

LOVE it when they eat their own and expose their ignorance. Carry on losers, more votes for the DEMS.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

stomp those icons whiny boy. You changed them for your repukes and still cry. hahahaha Loser lemmings
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134714 Nov 15, 2013
Ted Cruz Says He Really Didn’t Want a Government Shutdown, Audience Laughs (Video)

I honestly and truly believe Ted Cruz is insane.

Maybe not “padded room” insane, but something is clearly not right in his head. Either he’s the biggest sellout this country has ever seen and will do anything to pander to the tea party, or he’s just completely oblivious to the facts and reality that are all around him.

It’s still unbelievable how this guy goes around trying to act as if he didn’t want the government shutdown. The guy staged a fake 21-hour filibuster where all he did was advocate for a government shutdown.

Hell, he campaigned behind the scenes to House Republicans to specifically block the vote on the Senate’s resolution that would have kept the government open.

Yet he still continues to insist that he never wanted to shut down the government. What the hell is wrong with him? I guess it’s a good thing tea party Republicans (basically the only people who like him) often lack the ability to think for themselves or use common sense—otherwise he’d be screwed.

Which is why I snickered when during an interview with Chris Wallace, the audience mockingly laughed at Cruz when he said he never wanted the government shutdown.

Cruz said,“I didn’t want a shutdown. Throughout the whole thing, I said we shouldn’t have a shutdown.”

Which then triggered laughter throughout the audience. Here’s the video of the interview, which took place at The Atlantic’s Washington Ideas Forum yesterday:

No, he didn’t “want” the shutdown — he just pushed for demands that Democrats and President Obama said were non-negotiable. It’s like a child saying,“I’m not touching you!” while they hold their finger a centimeter from someone’s face. Sure, they’re not technically touching them — but they’re still meaning to annoy the hell out of somebody.

And that’s what his whole defense is — childish. He claims he never wanted the shutdown, yet he demanded things that he knew he stood zero chance at getting, which then brought about the shutdown.

What Cruz does do well is represent the kind of mentality the tea party has. It’s a “movement” built by people who simply don’t have a real grasp of reality and seem to lack all signs of common sense. Cruz constantly acts as if he’s “speaking for all Americans,” while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Americans (even many Republicans) strongly oppose what he stands for.

Which is why audiences like this one will continue to laugh at the man when he makes asinine statements like he made to Chris Wallace. Because while Cruz might like to deny reality, most Americans are well aware of who was responsible for the pointless government shutdown last month.

That’s the funny thing about reality; it’s real whether Ted Cruz wants to believe in it or not.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/ted-cruz-s...

Typical LYING teabagger CON. Canadian crazed cruz is LAUGHABLE. By 2016 he won't even be a choice. Line them up repukes. You are still one clown shy of a circus. How about the quitter nutjob Sarah? hahahahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

stomp,stomp,stomp little whiny crybabies..I love it.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134715 Nov 15, 2013
Alec Baldwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dont forget the hate filled leftwingnuts like me, and proud of it.
A teabagger CON masquerading as a winged nut LEFT behind by the KKK. hahahaha YOU repukes own RACISM.

They know it’s “bad” to be a racist, and so they will deny the white hood while hiding under the deflection that Democrats wore it first way back in the late 1860s when it was founded by six veterans of the Confederate Army. Yes, Democrats were a big part of the original KKK over 150 years ago. But Democrats were on the other side in 1948 with the addition of civil rights as a campaign plank and on into the fights for Civil Rights in the 60s, losing Southern white voters to the Republican Party. But really, what matters when you are voting is where each party stands TODAY.(The KKK had a resurgence in the 20s by white protestants angry at industrialization and immigration and high on Prohibition and the Bible, and a third big incarnation in reaction to the Civil Rights movement.)

These poor people were fed one tidbit of information and they don’t even know that they are making fools of themselves by repeating it, as repeating it admits that it’s wrong to be wearing the metaphorical white hood and reveals that said conservative has no idea that many of those same people left the Democratic Party over the issue of Civil Rights and joined the modern day White Hood party; aka the Republican Party. This is not a matter of “opinion” or rhetoric. It’s history.

This brings us back to my original point, because the KKK still exists, and it aligns with the Republican party issues-wise, even if its membership is somewhat pathetic compared to its glory days. Well, it seems the two organizations have that in common as well. To put this in terms and using logic Republicans can understand, you can’t spell KKK without the letters G-O-P.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/15/klan-m...

Maybe you can hook up with the old teabagger "whie" hair and borrow a sheet. He can take you to a rally with him.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134716 Nov 15, 2013
Bill O’Reilly Might Have Just Made the Dumbest Statement About Liberals I’ve Ever Seen Him Make

As a liberal, it goes without saying I rarely agree with anything Bill O’Reilly says. In fact, I think he’s a giant blowhard who doesn’t even believe half the crap he says. While he champions his show to be “spin free,” anyone with half a brain knows that line is complete garbage.

An obviously biased host, hosting a show geared toward conservatives on a news network that’s blatantly conservative—that’s the definition of “spin.” But then again this is the network with the slogan “Fair and Balanced,” while being neither.

Over the years I’ve seen O’Reilly make plenty of asinine comments, but one of his most recent might just take the cake.

See, O’Reilly is claiming that liberals can’t say “Obamacare” has flaws or is bad, because if we did — we’d have to admit “liberalism” is a failure.

He said:

“To admit that it is not good for the county would be to admit that big government is not good therefore liberalism is not good.”

Seriously?

Let’s just point out the obvious. If “Obamacare” is the be all end all of “liberalism,” then what the hell do the Bush Tax Cuts say about Republican economic ideology and trickle-down economics?

Remember, these tax cuts were sold to the American people on the promise that they would balance the budget within ten years and bring us great economic prosperity. Instead we ended up massively growing our deficits, doubling our national debt and our economy faced the worst recession in nearly a century.

If the glitches “Obamacare” has experienced “prove” liberalism is a failure, then the Bush Tax Cuts undoubtedly prove that trickle-down economics (and therefore the entire Republican economic ideology) is an epic disaster.

Oh, and let’s also not forget that “Obamacare” is actually a Republican idea. That’s right. What liberals really want is a single-payer system.

The reason why “Obamacare” is built how it is stems from the conservative opposition to real socialized health care. In the 90&#8242;s when Clinton tried to get real universal health care passed, Republicans proposed an individual mandate to purchase insurance as opposed to a single-payer full-blown universal health care system.

Then, in 2006, a Republican governor by the name of Mitt Romney actually passed “Romneycare,” of which the Affordable Care Act is nearly a clone.

Basically what I’m saying is, Bill O’Reilly is completely full of crap.

Most people are well aware that the Affordable Care Act isn’t flawless. Hell, President Obama has admitted it isn’t. But it’s a starting place to push forward. As problems arise, we find ways to fix those issues.

That’s just called common sense. If we used Republican “logic” toward another issue — the iPhone, for instance — Apple should have just scrapped the iPhone 4 the moment “Antennagate” was discovered. Because trust me, when that issue arose, it was a huge deal. Instead Apple fixed the issue, and the phone went on to be one of the most popular phones ever sold.

Besides,“Obamacare” isn’t “government-controlled” health care. Medicare would be government-controlled health care. You know, a program that’s very popular with seniors.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134717 Nov 15, 2013
CONtinued:

“Obamacare” is simply a law that states insurance companies must provide certain types of coverages and Americans must purchase some kind of health insurance plan. The “flaws” really lie with insurance companies and their handling of the law. It’s their greed that’s caused premiums to be artificially inflated. It’s their greed that’s caused them to drop many Americans from their current plans.

Greed, as in a for-profit health care system, is what’s wrong with “Obamacare.”

If liberals got what we really wanted, the issues with “Obamacare” wouldn’t exist. The problem is, President Obama based his health care law around a Republican plan. And the truth is, that was his real mistake with the Affordable Care Act.

Something you won’t see fools like Bill O’Reilly ever admit to.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/bill-oreil...

Bill is a blowhard fool, like these idiots here. hahaha

GOP - Greed Over People

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134719 Nov 15, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>You get a government check each month and you have a government insurance plan. Exactly why are you bitching about anything?
They don't want anyone else to have it. GREED breeds teabagger CONS.

Still can't get them to reveal their "jobs" plan eh? hahaha It's like their healthcare plan....NO PLAN.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
wellwellwell

Butler, KY

#134720 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:
24/7 365

Fawking loser!! Ha-ha-ha!!

Told ya so! Better whip up a damage control post quick!

ta ta!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#134721 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Must Watch! Five Presidents, Rachel Maddow, And Taylor Swift (?) Read The Gettysburg Address (VIDEO)
The Gettysburg Address was given 150 years ago by President Abraham Lincoln.
Stupid Abraham Lincoln was a stupid republiCON!!!!

Go Democrats Go Obama!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134722 Nov 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Did NOT read thru 'your' SPAM
Just the last part of it!
nutter jr SAID: Born in KENTUCKY, a great man and PRESIDENT. In today's world he would be a DEMOCRAT.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
AL says:
Abraham Lincoln would NEVER be a dim!
He WAS TOO HONEST!
There's NO 'honesty' in ... a libTARDED Dem!
)8~D>
American President Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
Facts at a Glance
Term 16th President of the United States (1861–1865)
With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan...
March 4, 1865
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln
* A Life in Brief
* Fighting for Unity and Freedom
* Personal Tragedies and Triumphs
etc...
MORE:
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln/ess...
"A House Divided" Speech (June 16, 1858)
Abraham Lincoln
Mr. PRESIDENT[James Buchanan] and Gentlemen of the Convention.
If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.
We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation.
Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented.
In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached and passed.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free.
I do not expect the Union to be dissolved--I do not expect the house to fall--but I do expect it will cease to be divided.
It will become all one thing, or all the other.
Definitely MORE here:
http://millercenter.org/scripps/archive/speec...
Yeah right crazy loon, you repukes read every bit of it and cannot help responding to it or using all that energy stomping the icon until you turn them all negative. I LOVE that about you nutjobs.

SPAM....stick to reading your own spam then, or jboy's. I've told your circus clown socks over and over...I don't post them for you losers. Glad that you read them though.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand." best statement in your babbling....describes the teabagger CONS eating their own.

PRICELESS

SPAM away lush loon. Looks like you passed out early last night and you have some catching up to do.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134723 Nov 15, 2013
wellwellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
24/7 365
Fawking loser!! Ha-ha-ha!!
Told ya so! Better whip up a damage control post quick!
ta ta!
Doubt I am here (let alone all the threads you clowns troll) longer than you and your circus clown socks.

Now run along arisockisadumbass, chase the loon to the president bashing site etc...you are a tag team right? hahaha

Loser lemming circus sock. You just wait in the shadows for me, don't you stalker pervert freak?

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
fellershellers

Lawrenceville, GA

#134724 Nov 15, 2013
Wow, this thread was started the years ago, and people who sit on their rumps still arguing politics. Looks like you all should meet up at a nearest McDonalds, get a coffee, with a tray of course, sit your rumps down and talk about it. Cause, isn't that what all you old farts do all morning anyhow? Talk about what needs to change, make yourselves sound real interesting, cause the actual public can care less. We sit on or rumps too. Take you teeth out the glass, stick them back in your mouth, and eat a giant bowl of rhino dong.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134725 Nov 15, 2013
Obama never lied about your plan

Terminated policies were introduced after ACA's passing -- often with insurers' knowledge they'd be scrapped

President Obama has been getting a lot of grief in the last few weeks over his pledge that with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in place, people would be able to keep their insurance if they like it. The media have been filled with stories about people across the country who are having their insurance policies terminated, ostensibly because they did not meet the requirements of the ACA. While this has led many to say that Obama was lying, there is much less here than meets the eye.

First, it is important to note that the ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted. This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA.

The plans being terminated because they don’t meet the minimal standards were all plans that insurers introduced after the passage of the ACA. Insurers introduced these plans knowing that they would not meet the standards that would come into effect in 2014. Insurers may not have informed their clients at the time they sold these plans that they would not be available after 2014 because they had designed a plan that did not comply with the ACA.

However if the insurers didn’t tell their clients that the new plans would only be available for a short period of time, the blame would seem to rest with the insurance companies, not the ACA. After all, President Obama did not promise people that he would keep insurers from developing new plans that will not comply with the provisions of the ACA.

In addition to the new plans that were created that did not comply with the terms of the ACA, there have been complaints that the grandfathering was too strict. For example, insurers can only raise their premiums or deductibles by a small amount above the rate of medical inflation. As a result, many of the plans in existence at the time of the ACA are losing their grandfathered status.

In this case also it is wrong to view the insurers as passive actors who are being forced to stop offering plans because of the ACA. The price increases charged by insurers are not events outside of the control of insurers. If an insurer offers a plan which has many committed buyers, then presumably it would be able to structure its changes in ways that are consistent with the ACA. If it decides not to do so, this is presumably because the insurer has decided that it is not interested in continuing to offer the plan.

As a practical matter, there are many plans that insurers will opt to drop for market reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the ACA. It’s hard to see how this could be viewed as a violation of President Obama’s pledge. After all, insurers change and drop plans all the time. Did people who heard Obama’s pledge understand it to mean that insurers would no longer have this option once the ACA passed?

If Obama’s pledge was understood as ensuring that every plan that was in existence in 2010 would remain in existence, then it would imply a complete federal takeover of the insurance industry. This would require the government to tell insurers that they must continue to offer plans even if they are losing money on them and even if the plans had lost most of their customers. This would at the least be a strange policy. It would be surprising if many people thought this was the meaning of President Obama’s pledge.

Finally, there will be many plans that insurers will stop offering in large part because of the changed market conditions created by the ACA. For example, last week the Washington Post highlighted a plan for the “hardest to insure” that was being cancelled by Pathmark Blue Cross of Pennsylvania.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134726 Nov 15, 2013
CONtinued:

This plan is likely being cancelled because it is unable to compete with the insurance being offered through the exchanges. The exchanges charge everyone the same rate regardless of their pre-existing health conditions. A plan that is especially designed for people who have serious health conditions would almost certainly charge a far higher rate. If these high-priced plans no longer exist because they cannot compete with the exchanges would this mean that President Obama had broken his pledge?

On closer inspection, the claim that President Obama lied in saying that people could keep their insurance looks like another Fox News special. In the only way that the pledge could be interpreted as being meaningful, the pledge is true. The ACA does not eliminate plans that were in existence at the time the bill was approved.

If we want to play Fox News, President Obama also promised people they could keep their doctor. Since 2010 tens of thousands of doctors have retired or even died. Guess the pledge that people could keep their doctor was yet another lie from the Obama administration.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/15/no_obama_didn...

BUT keep spinning it repukes..it WILL succeed just in time for the elections. Watch for it. Calvin explained it to you. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134727 Nov 15, 2013
fellershellers wrote:
Wow, this thread was started the years ago, and people who sit on their rumps still arguing politics. Looks like you all should meet up at a nearest McDonalds, get a coffee, with a tray of course, sit your rumps down and talk about it. Cause, isn't that what all you old farts do all morning anyhow? Talk about what needs to change, make yourselves sound real interesting, cause the actual public can care less. We sit on or rumps too. Take you teeth out the glass, stick them back in your mouth, and eat a giant bowl of rhino dong.
Knock yourself out there arisockisadumbass. Sounds like your pathetic life. Loser lemming tool.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
wellwellwell

Butler, KY

#134728 Nov 15, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>

You just wait in the shadows for me, don't you
See you in a couple of weeks...I'll bust you out again. Enjoy Thanksgiving spewing hate on here!

ta ta!
mofo

Mount Sterling, KY

#134729 Nov 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Did NOT read thru 'your' SPAM
Just the last part of it!
nutter jr SAID: Born in KENTUCKY, a great man and PRESIDENT. In today's world he would be a DEMOCRAT.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
AL says:
Abraham Lincoln would NEVER be a dim!
He WAS TOO HONEST!
There's NO 'honesty' in ... a libTARDED Dem!
)8~D>
American President Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
Facts at a Glance
Term 16th President of the United States (1861–1865)
With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan...
March 4, 1865
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln
* A Life in Brief
* Fighting for Unity and Freedom
* Personal Tragedies and Triumphs
etc...
MORE:
http://millercenter.org/president/lincoln/ess...
"A House Divided" Speech (June 16, 1858)
Abraham Lincoln
Mr. PRESIDENT[James Buchanan] and Gentlemen of the Convention.
If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.
We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation.
Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented.
In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached and passed.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free.
I do not expect the Union to be dissolved--I do not expect the house to fall--but I do expect it will cease to be divided.
It will become all one thing, or all the other.
Definitely MORE here:
http://millercenter.org/scripps/archive/speec...
it was truly a great address at a time when this country needed a great leader. it still gives me goosebumps when I read it. it wasn't a republican or democratic speech. it was an American speech. how dare any degrade such a great man by slandering him because of the party he belonged to. if we had more people like him helping guide this country i would definitely have something to be proud of in government. but instead we have too many people who listen to a man not because of the truth and meaning in his words but because of the party he belongs to. the greatest accomplishments in our history are shared by the great leadership of democrats and republicans alike.as well as the tragedies. when people start thinking of themselves of americans instead of parties a big step will be made to to build on to the foundations that men like Abraham Lincoln strengthened with his pride appreciation of America and it's people.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#134730 Nov 15, 2013
Obobin Hood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Abraham Lincoln was a stupid republiCON!!!!
Go Democrats Go Obama!!!
Hi Ari.
When'd you go liberal??
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#134731 Nov 15, 2013
Sarah Palin, Richard Cohen and today’s sad, sad GOP

On their planet, it's not racist to compare the national debt to slavery, or "gag" at seeing an interracial couple

I’m getting a lot of attention, even outside the wingnut blogosphere, for explaining on MSNBC that Sarah Palin’s equating the national debt with slavery is another example of “the white grievance industry” manufacturing and peddling new widgets of rage to the GOP base. I’m not sure what’s noteworthy there. Palin is indeed part of a vast white right-wing anger machine mostly run out of Fox News, though its unrivaled leader is Rush Limbaugh. It’s powered by the paranoia among too many Republicans that white people are somehow oppressed by our first black president.

You’re forgiven if Palin is on your ignore list. In case you missed it, the half-term former Alaska governor riled up an Iowa crowd this weekend by declaring what she was about to say “isn’t racist,” then immediately complaining that liberals (presumably) would “try anyway” to make it seem racist, and then making her ignorant comparison between the national debt and chattel slavery, which is at best deeply dismissive of slavery’s cruel and persistent legacy in American society, if not actually racist.

As I said on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation,”“white privilege” can be a tough term to define precisely, but I’d say Palin ran a clinic on it in Iowa. White privilege consists of either being so ignorant about slavery that you can compare it to the national debt, or so entitled that you know it’s an absolutely bogus and invidious comparison but you go ahead and make it anyway because … free speech! Or something.

But this is the main political capital that the Republican Party seems to have today: the anger and grievance of older white voters, most of them male, at the multiracial country that’s emerging in their lifetimes, as personified by President Obama. The mainstream media, though, is having a very hard time deciding how big a deal that is, and so they highlight someone – in this case, me – calling it a big deal, in order to suggest, well, liberals are going a little too far on this race stuff, too. Aren’t they? No, we’re not.

The Washington Post’s self-destructive columnist Richard Cohen showed the trouble many pundits are having reckoning with this new world, in a column about why New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will have a hard time with the very Iowa voters Palin pandered to last weekend. The problem is that in describing the attitudes of those voters, Cohen, sadly, seemed to share them. He’s mainly in trouble for this paragraph (also, to be fair, for a lot of his past creepy writing about race):

The problem with what Cohen wrote is that he seems to share the “gag reflex” of those “conventional” voters.(And is “conventional” really a synonym for “backward” and “racist” at the Washington Post? Is that in the stylebook?) Cohen also manages to compare these Tea Party devotees to the Dixiecrats who bolted the Democratic Party over civil rights legislation – but then he says Harry Belafonte was wrong to call them “racist.” OK.

Richard Cohen is an absolutely terrible columnist, but his Op-Ed today, along with the Mediaite and Real Clear Politics posts about my Palin remarks, shows the trouble journalists are having reckoning with the racism of many (not all) Tea Party voters and their leaders like Palin. Clearly, anyone who demands the right to use the word “slavery” to describe the national debt is verbally challenged and/or probably racist, given this nation’s awful history. It shouldn’t be controversial to describe the sense of white grievance animating today’s GOP, but apparently it is.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/12/sarah_palin_r...

Racist teabagger GOP....they OWN it.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

You repuke circus clown socks have fun. Stomp away. I have to go spend some of that retirement check you losers wish you had. Leave some laughs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 1 hr owner 14
Loretta Gray, Manager of the Projects (Jan '10) 3 hr yep 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr learn your history 134,310
Megan 6 hr Sam 7
I have a decision to make. 7 hr Princess Hey 9
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 630
Kim Helton in jail!! (Dec '13) 8 hr No way 21
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at March 01 at 4:54PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 am PST

NBC Sports 9:17AM
Michael Roos announces retirement