'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 5,839)

Showing posts 116,761 - 116,780 of144,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Timothy

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Timothy 3:1-17 ESV / 2 helpful votes

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people....
Matthew7 wrote:
<quoted text>matthew, you left out with just cause. A fool can be the moron or just stupid. There is no where or nothing in the bible tells you not to call them a fool IF there is just cause.
Try Matthew 7:26 Read it.
*What moron would build a house in the sand? Just cause, a fool would do such a stupid thing.
Matthew 23:17. Read it.
*So, all the times Christ calls people fools, hmmm is he liable of hellfire? No! Just cause. Call them what they are. Fools!
Fools voted for this president a second time after it was known how he would lead this country.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you fo for a change you low-life, scuzbag! She does not trash our country. Do you ever bother to read what people say, or do you just spam the name?!!
And I'm not your jboy you idiot! Liar!
We don't like this president's leadership. We have every right in this damn world to say so. If you can't handle that that's your problem!
Now it's your turn to GTH, you loser retard!
You are a LIAR, she does trash our country and our PRESIDENT. YOU need to read thoroughly to see past the rush you get from her trashing our PRESIDENT.

You are right, you are not MY Jboy (maybe the chemtrail serb's or the lunatic lush), YOU aren't anything to me jboy but an ignorant, misinformed, racist, bigoted PIG.

YOU are right, you have every right to sling your trash about the PRESIDENT the MAJORITY elected TWICE and call people names because we are a FREE country, that's why her and all other implants come here. Kiss her ass, she is begging for it if you can get the )8~D> batshit crazy loon to move over.

I didn't like BUSH's leadership or his LYING while thousands died, but I would never disrespect him like you racist repukes and teabaggers have with all your nasty references and teabagger signs. Unlike you repukes I was brought up to RESPECT the COMMANDER IN CHIEF whether I liked him or agreed with his policies. I actually liked ole George and especially his wife. But HE was the one who took our country DOWN. OWN it loser freak.

Oh, and gfy too asshole.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Will the shill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Matthew7 wrote:
<quoted text>Example. Here are the words of a fool.
You didn't have to out yourself, we already knew you're a perfect example.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

On Veterans Day, A Look at the Abysmal Voting Record Republicans Have in Support of our Military

There are millions of conservative Americans in this country who I fully believe have the utmost respect for the brave men and women who’ve served, or are currently serving, in our armed forces.

That being said, the party which they support clearly does not.

Sure, Republicans will talk at great lengths about the endless respect they show for our military and our veterans, but it’s mostly all hollow propaganda.

This is the party whose president lied about the Iraq War, a lie which resulted in over 4,000 men and women being sent to their deaths. A war which produced exactly zero weapons of mass destruction — the whole premise for going to war to begin with. Even after 4,000 American soldiers have been killed and absolutely no weapons of mass destruction were found, George W. Bush still refuses to apologize for his lie that took us to war.

I’m sure many of you remember the GOP presidential primary debate when a gay member of the United States Army was booed by conservatives in the crowd — booing that wasn’t condemned by a single candidate — while he was currently serving in Iraq. These parasites booed a soldier who was currently deployed in Iraq simply because he was gay. That’s bad enough, but then not one single Republican candidate had the courage to condemn the reprehensible response from the crowd.

Then there’s that time when Republicans killed the Veterans’ Job Corps Act that would have provided assistance for the hundreds of thousands of unemployed veterans in the United States.

We also can’t forget the cross the board cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that will reduce the amount of benefits over 900,000 veterans receive. Oh, and Republicans are also pushing for another nearly $40 billion in cuts to the program.

Or last year when a GOP Senator blocked a cost-of-living adjustment for veterans.

Heck, Daily Kos has a nice rundown of 7 bills Republicans have fairly recently rejected in Congress:
&#9726;H.R. 466-Wounded Veteran Job Security Act: A bill that would have prevented employers from terminating veterans who were getting treatment for injuries suffered while fighting for our country.

&#9726;H.R. 1168-Veterans Retraining Act: Would have helped veterans find jobs and provide training for them while they sought employment.

&#9726; H.R. 1171-Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization: Would have helped homeless vets get back on their feet by providing temporary training for employment and programs to help them get off the streets.

&#9726;H.R. 1172: No fancy name, would have just put a section on the VA website of schools currently offering scholarships for veterans.

&#9726;H.R. 1293-Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009: Would have helped those overcoming injuries sustained while fighting for our country improve their living conditions.

&#9726;H.R. 1803-Veterans Business Center Act: This would have set up centers veterans could have visited that would have helped them better plan our future employment and business opportunities.

&#9726;H.R. 2352-Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act: A combination of other bills killed in Congress by Republicans—that was once again killed by Republicans in Congress.

We can’t ignore the Republican-forced shutdown that almost led to the inability of our government to cover disability and pension payments to veterans and surviving spouses, and also will have to halt GI Bill payments for education expenses.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a LIAR, she does trash our country and our PRESIDENT. YOU need to read thoroughly to see past the rush you get from her trashing our PRESIDENT.
You are right, you are not MY Jboy (maybe the chemtrail serb's or the lunatic lush), YOU aren't anything to me jboy but an ignorant, misinformed, racist, bigoted PIG.
YOU are right, you have every right to sling your trash about the PRESIDENT the MAJORITY elected TWICE and call people names because we are a FREE country, that's why her and all other implants come here. Kiss her ass, she is begging for it if you can get the )8~D> batshit crazy loon to move over.
I didn't like BUSH's leadership or his LYING while thousands died, but I would never disrespect him like you racist repukes and teabaggers have with all your nasty references and teabagger signs. Unlike you repukes I was brought up to RESPECT the COMMANDER IN CHIEF whether I liked him or agreed with his policies. I actually liked ole George and especially his wife. But HE was the one who took our country DOWN. OWN it loser freak.
Oh, and gfy too asshole.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH

Ditto, hag!
Timothy3

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Timothy wrote:
Timothy 3:1-17 ESV / 2 helpful votes
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people....
<quoted text>
Exactly. America is overwhelmed with such people. Avoid such people. They are fools.
Timothy3

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Will the shill wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have to out yourself, we already knew you're a perfect example.
John 3:16

Shill with the will of a fool.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, if there ever was a trainwreck it would be this lunatic, queen of the teabaggers.

Train Wreck: Watch Sarah Palin Embarrassingly Try to Explain Her Alternative to “Obamacare”

I know, I know — many of you hate when I write about Sarah Palin. I argue that her being one of the first people that comes to mind when you think of Republicans (more specifically tea party Republicans) is a great thing for liberals. Who better to make the entire Republican party look like complete idiots than Sarah Palin?

Well, in a bizarre interview you really need to see to believe, Matt Lauer asked Sarah Palin what her alternative to “Obamacare” would be. Her answer is pure gold. It took me back to 2008 when Katie Couric asked her which specific newspapers she read and Palin rambled on for quite a while, unable to name a single newspaper.

Palin said:

“The plan is to allow those things that had been proposed over many years to reform a health-care system in America that certainly does need more help so that there’s more competition, there’s less tort reform threat, there’s less trajectory of the cost increases, and those plans have been proposed over and over again.”

Yes, that was really her answer when asked about what alternative her and her fellow Republicans might have to “Obamacare.”

This is a woman who tries to present herself as some kind of an “expert” about the Affordable Care Act, and even in her embarrassing attempt to describe an alternative, she seems unable to cite a single specific part of the healthcare law that she would change.

Oh, but after she babbled on about what her “alternative” would be, she had an answer for what’s preventing those “plans”:

And what thwarts those plans? It’s the far left. It’s President Obama and his supporters who will not allow the Republicans to usher in free market, patient-centered, doctor-patient relationship links to reform health care.”

Interesting. Isn’t what we had before exactly what she just described? A health care system that allowed for discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions, continued rake hikes and a system that wasn’t “patient-centered” but industry-centered. As in, a system built to benefit the profit margins of the health insurance companies and their affiliates.

And didn’t Republicans have a president in the White House for 8 years, and have control of part (if not all) of Congress for most of that time?

If they actually had a plan to fix our very flawed health care system, why didn’t they follow through with it then?

Oh, I’m sure they’ll blame that on Democrats too, right? It’s amazing how powerful Republicans make Democrats and President Obama out to be. When Democrats have power, they’re the cause for everything that’s wrong. When they don’t have power, they’re the cause preventing Republicans from doing anything.

The GOP continues to prove themselves to be the party with no ideas but plenty of excuses.

Here’s the full interview with Palin from the Today Show:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/train-wrec...

Yep GOPnocare by republiCONS, just like those 8 years Bush did nothing about healthcare nor the millions of ILLEGALS that the serb witch is obsessed with. What say you repukes about that? ah, NOTHING. Just like when Injudgement ask you what the repuke JOBS plan is eh? Loser lemming tools.

Typical repukes

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>The President was two years old when his dad left him. How much influence do you think a person can have on a two year old you dumbass immigrant?
What do you know about your president, nothing,
you liberal monkey? What did Obama write in his book "DREAM FROM MY FATHER" if his father didn't have any influence on him, you dumba**??
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

How The Tea Party's Apocalyptic Politics Are Destroying The Republican Party

Tea Party leaders view themselves as modern prophets of the end of times, ratcheting up their rhetoric to prove that Obama is evil and God is on their side.

Leaders of the Tea Party are willing to wreck the Republican Party, the government, and the economy to prove that Obama is evil and God is on their side.

In the aftermath of the great government shutdown of 2013, the Tea Party continues to cause heartburn for establishment Republicans. Consider the results of last week’s elections, which offer clues to the internecine GOP battles that lie ahead. Although it’s much too early to draw hard conclusions, Chris Christie proved that a moderate, common-sense Republican could win in deep blue New Jersey, while in purple Virginia the wild-eyed social reactionary Ken Cuccinelli failed to gain traction outside his uber-conservative Christian-right base.

Yet the Tea Party is willing to defy overwhelming negative public opinion, wreck the government, risk plunging the world economy into chaos and invite political defeat. The driving force behind this destructive strategy is that Tea Party zealots answer to a “higher calling.”

They believe America teeters on the brink of destruction, and hold as an article of faith that liberals, gays, Democrats, atheists and the United Nations are to blame. This “end-times” world-view is a foundational precept of the evangelical movement, from which many of the so-called Tea Party favorites spring. Scholars call it apocalypticism.

Of course, the Tea Party is not just composed of members of the Christian right. Many are genuine libertarians. Some nurse an unreconstructed Confederate grudge, while others harbor a thinly disguised racism. However, the real energy, the animating force for the movement comes from evangelicals, of whom Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin are the most strident. These are the modern-day ”apocalyptic prophets.”

Although the issues are secular, the prophets’ anti-Obamacare rhetoric rings with religious, end-times cadences. So to understand why they invoke chaos, we need to know where their ideas about an “apocalypse” came from.

Most theologians, including the revered Albert Schweitzer, believe John the Baptist and Jesus of Nazareth were Jewish apocalypticists. Simply put, these first-century prophets believed they were living in the “end times” before God would send his representative, the “Son of Man”(taken from a rather obscure passage in the Book of Daniel), to overthrow the forces of evil and establish God’s justice on earth. Apocalypse literally translates as “the revealing” of God’s will. For these early prophets the Kingdom of God was not to be a church, but a military and political kingdom on earth.

Lest this sound far-fetched to modern ears, listen to our modern Tea Party prophets in their own words:

“You know we can’t keep going down this road much longer. We’re nearing the edge of the cliff ... We have only a couple of years to turn this country around or we go off the cliff to oblivion!”- Ted Cruz at the Values Voters Summit, Oct. 11

“... I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s End Times history. Rather than seeing this as a negative ... we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand. And so what we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this, that these days would be as the days of Noah. We are seeing that in our time.”- Michelle Bachmann, Oct. 5, 2013

“And this administration will been [sic] complicit in helping people who wants [sic] to destroy our country.”– Louie Gohmert on the floor of the U.S. House

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

How the Tea Party’s Apocalyptic Politics Are Destroying the Republican Party

Tea Party leaders view themselves as modern prophets of the end of times, ratcheting up their rhetoric to prove that Obama is evil and God is on their side.

Want to know why the Tea Party so eager to grievously wound the Republican Party? The answer is as simple as it is counterintuitive: its leaders view themselves as modern prophets of the apocalypse.

In the aftermath of the great government shutdown of 2013, the Tea Party continues to cause heartburn for establishment Republicans. Consider the results of last week’s elections, which offer clues to the internecine GOP battles that lie ahead. Although it’s much too early to draw hard conclusions, Chris Christie proved that a moderate, common-sense Republican could win in deep blue New Jersey, while in purple Virginia the wild-eyed social reactionary Ken Cuccinelli failed to gain traction outside his uber-conservative Christian-right base.

Yet the Tea Party is willing to defy overwhelming negative public opinion, wreck the government, risk plunging the world economy into chaos and invite political defeat. The driving force behind this destructive strategy is that Tea Party zealots answer to a “higher calling.”

They believe America teeters on the brink of destruction, and hold as an article of faith that liberals, gays, Democrats, atheists and the United Nations are to blame. This “end-times” world-view is a foundational precept of the evangelical movement, from which many of the so-called Tea Party favorites spring. Scholars call it apocalypticism.

Of course, the Tea Party is not just composed of members of the Christian right. Many are genuine libertarians. Some nurse an unreconstructed Confederate grudge, while others harbor a thinly disguised racism. However, the real energy, the animating force for the movement comes from evangelicals, of whom Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin are the most strident. These are the modern-day ”apocalyptic prophets.”

Although the issues are secular, the prophets’ anti-Obamacare rhetoric rings with religious, end-times cadences. So to understand why they invoke chaos, we need to know where their ideas about an “apocalypse” came from.

Most theologians, including the revered Albert Schweitzer, believe John the Baptist and Jesus of Nazareth were Jewish apocalypticists. Simply put, these first-century prophets believed they were living in the “end times” before God would send his representative, the “Son of Man”(taken from a rather obscure passage in the Book of Daniel), to overthrow the forces of evil and establish God’s justice on earth. Apocalypse literally translates as “the revealing” of God’s will. For these early prophets the Kingdom of God was not to be a church, but a military and political kingdom on earth.

Lest this sound far-fetched to modern ears, listen to our modern Tea Party prophets in their own words:

“You know we can’t keep going down this road much longer. We’re nearing the edge of the cliff ... We have only a couple of years to turn this country around or we go off the cliff to oblivion!”- Ted Cruz at the Values Voters Summit, Oct. 11

“... I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s End Times history. Rather than seeing this as a negative ... we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand. And so what we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this, that these days would be as the days of Noah. We are seeing that in our time.”- Michelle Bachmann, Oct. 5, 2013

“And this administration will been [sic] complicit in helping people who wants [sic] to destroy our country.”– Louie Gohmert on the floor of the U.S. House

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

"IMMIGRATING TO THE UNITED STATES TO LIVE HERE PERMANENTLY IS AN IMPORTANT, AND COMPLEX DECISION. THIS SECTION PROVIDES INFORMATION TO HELP FOREIGN CITIZENS DESIRING TO PERMANENTLY IMMIGRATE TO DETERMINE THE VISAS, REQUIREMENTS, AND RELATED MATERIALS THEY WILL NEED TO APPLY TO IMMIGRATE TO THE UNITED STATES".

For those that wants me out, the answers is NO.
This is my country too. I know Socialist system and you can't push me around, bullying me, and you just sound stupid, bunch of crybabies. I can comment, write here, complain, dance, do what ever I want and nothing you can do about that.
I don't trash America, again America is my country too and my home. I don't like this president's policies and this president lies too much and doing everything to destroy this country. I don't trash America, your commander-in-chief does, and that's embarrassing.
And now, you can eat dirt, piss off, fly a kite, run a marathon, drop dead ...do what you want, I don't really care...but you can't push me around.
I know, my English is not perfect, but I also know it's the 'MESSAGE', you don't like. That's too bad, isn't ...!!!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

CONtinued:

“The biggest war being waged right now is against our religious liberties and traditional values.”- Rep. Tim Huelskamp, Values Voters Summit

“The fight for religious freedom starts here at home because we are one nation under God.”- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Values Voters Summit

For these apocalyptic prophets, the issues aren’t even political anymore; they’re existential, with Obamacare serving as the avatar for all evil. In this construct, any compromise whatsoever leads to damnation, and therefore the righteous ends justify any means.

Much of the prophets’ message is couched in populist language. It sounds familiar to us because we’ve heard it all before. Historically whenever our country has experienced economic stress an angry, reactionary vein of populism surfaces. Sometimes called “Jacksonian,” this common thread actually reaches back to the American Revolution, then to Shay’s Rebellion, through Jackson’s “Augean Stables” to William Jennings Bryan’s rants against science in the Scopes “Monkey Trial.” It includes “Know-Nothings,” Anti-Masons and Huey Long’s “Every Man a King.” George Wallace stood in the schoolhouse door and Ross Perot sabotaged George Bush the Elder’s re-election. Except for Andrew Jackson, each burst of populist fervor ended badly.

Our modern prophets are fundamentally different. Their dogma springs from Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, through James Dobson’s Family Research Council, to the eerily omnipresent Fellowship and its C Street house.

Ted Cruz’s father, Raphael was seen in recently uncovered videos calling for America to be ruled by “kings” who will take money from anyone who is not an evangelical Christian and deliver it into the hands of fundamentalist preachers and their acolytes. This is a movement is called “Christian Dominionism,” and it has many adherents the evangelical right. It is also obviously and dangerously anti-democratic. These new apocalyptic prophets, and the demagogues who profit (pun intended) from them, see themselves locked in mortal combat against the Anti-Christ in a fight for America’s soul – and wealth.

Now if you are battling the forces of evil for the very survival of the nation, there can be no retreat, no compromise, and no deals. Like the Jewish zealots at Masada, it’s better to commit glorious suicide than make peace with the devil. There can be no truce with the Tea Party because its apocalyptic zealots can never take “yes” for an answer.

Since the apocalyptists cannot compromise, they must be beaten. President Obama and congressional Democrats seem to have finally grasped this fact, and are learning how to deal with them. By refusing to knuckle under to extortion in the government shutdown drama, Obama exposed their reckless radicalism and won resoundingly.

But Democrats can’t solve this problem alone. To bring any semblance of order back to the American political system and restore a functioning two-party system, the GOP has to find its own equilibrium. Thankfully, this process has already begun.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

CON'd:

Establishment Republicans, corporate CEOs and Wall Street moguls stand appalled at the Tea Party monster they helped to create. Formerly cowed into silence, they are beginning to see the handwriting on the wall and speak out against the self-destructive zealots.

In conservative Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli was largely abandoned by the GOP establishment. Many Republican leaders even went so far as to endorse the Democrat, Terry McAuliffe. Unable to raise significant money from the Republican establishment, Cuccinelli was outspent more than ten-to-one. While Virginians rejected a conservative who believes government’s role is to regulate morality, New Jersey voters chose a conservative Republican who believes government has a constructive, practical role to play.

The contrast is striking – and instructive. Until Republicans slug it out among themselves and decide which kind of party they want to be, we will continue to lurch from crisis to crisis.

This family fight will not be easy or bloodless. The Tea Party represents roughly one-half of the Republican base. They love Cruz, Palin and the chorus of other voices crying in the wilderness. They are unified in their hatred of Obama, and they are organized down to the precinct level. More importantly, they despise the moderate voices in their own party.

Gerrymandered congressional districts guarantee many safe Tea Party seats. Powerful think tanks and advocacy groups like The Heritage Foundation, the Chamber of Commerce, American Enterprise Institute and others, which in years past underpinned the Republican establishment, are now heavily invested in the right-wing agenda and will not be easily co-opted. Deep-pocketed militants like the Koch brothers will keep the cash flowing, and right-wing talk radio-heads will whip up the aggrieved faithful.

It’s almost impossible to predict how this family fight will end, but there are at least two possible outcomes:

First, the pragmatists win. The Grand Old Party could be led out of the wilderness by a charismatic figure a la Chris Christie, who is viewed as a straight-talking, practical problem-solver. Any such leader will have to arise outside Washington. The pragmatists’ backers would include big business, Wall Street, the military-industrial complex, GOP lobbyists and a plethora of wealthy patrons who can’t afford any more Tea Party shenanigans.

They have a strong case. Moderates have won some dramatic conservative victories over the years, delivering massive tax cuts, reforming welfare, de-regulating Wall Street, diluting Roe v. Wade, reviving federalism with block grants and reshaping today’s conservative Supreme Court.

Second, the hard-liners revolt. The party splinters, and out of the wreckage a new center-right “Whig Party” emerges. This is not so far-fetched as it may seem. A recent bi-partisan polling by NBC and Esquire Magazine reveals a wide plurality: 51% of Americans view themselves as centrists, not deeply invested in either party.

Not surprisingly, these moderates have both liberal and conservative views. 64% support gay marriage, 63% support abortion in the first trimester, 52% support legalizing marijuana, and they support a strong social safety net by wide margins. But 81% support offshore drilling, 90% support the death penalty and 57% are against affirmative action. So a new moderate coalition might well attract significant support from the moderate middle, establishment Republicans, Independents and centrist Democrats too.

Unfortunately for the apocalyptic prophets, only 29% of the moderate middle thinks churches or religious organization should have any role at all in politics. So like the prophets of old, they seem fated to join that long sad procession of failed zealots and martyrs who were overwhelmed by hard reality and their own rigid dogma.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/11/tea-...

Teabaggers vs GOP love it when they eat their own

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

"HOPE and CHANGE"...
'HOPE, your insurance wouldn't CHANGE'...!!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Ok, all you brilliant minds, explain this. This is not my insurance company.

He comes in tonight and hands me his BCBC policy which the company he works for handed out today.$168.00 per week. The deductible is $5000. The policy reads like the IRS tax form, this depends of this, that depends on that, co-pays on everything. But the worst, outside the initial weekly premium is the deductible is so high that you have to have a catastrophic illness for it even to kick in a penny. Like I said, every single thing has a co-pay. This is a family plan for two, so before this plan kicks in, they both have to pay for every bit of healthcare they may need in one year to reach the $5000! Who does that!!!! Young people do not have the issues oldster's have and so he may never get to use his plan for regular doctor visits, sore throat, typical regular yearly check-up, basic preventative care. All he will do is pay and pay and unless something catastrophic happens, which by the way he is still liable for 20% of (for example) a major surgery which may cost anywhere between $10,000 and $50,000. Still in the end he is stuck with a huge balance which will take years to pay off.

To top it off, his 50 hour week has been dropped down to less than 40, smaller income to pay for this horrible so-called Affordable Healthcare Plan.

By passing this plan, one thing Obama could not regulate was what the insurance companies could and would charge to cover them. Did he really think he had the power to tell these companies they must be fair to their customers? No, the plan is to force insurance companies out of business so everybody is a ward of the government. Socialism sucks and people will find out before this time next year how badly they've been screwed by this lecher.

Obama has screwed these millions of people, and lied through his teeth about it being "affordable" so everyone has no real healthcare unless they want to go broke trying to pay all the outstanding deductibles and co-pays.

The democrats just lost all the coming years elections! Nice job, Nancy and Harry, you scrounges!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

LMAO@chemtrail zombie serb trying to convince everyone she is a patriotic American while being a terrorist dream for their US jihadist posters. SOS just a different day. Spew on nutjob. I am sure you will have company soon. Please carry on, your type sends voters to the MAJORITY side and that is something you clowns hate the most. It is what it is, your two parties, teabaggers vs Greed Over People will just help get HILLARY elected and once again our country will make history....

FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT.

She is more qualified than all those clowns lining up put together. THANK YOU in advance. Deal with it. It's coming. She will refine OBAMACARE and finish what President Obama started, helping AMERICA dig out of the hole Bush/Cheney/rumsfield and the likes of McConnell repukes put our country into. The MAJORITY will move FORWARD. That is what chaps you CONS ass. Keep it up...line them up, they won't be any better than the clowns of 2012.

Keep trying serb hag, those chemtrail fogs you continue to suck on is bound to get you the rubber room eventually. Maybe you and the )8~D> batshit crazy loon, who obviously got banned for a bit or she would be here, can get the same ward. She may be saving you a spot now. There are no lunatics worse than you two and your foul circus clown socks. Hope you enjoyed the truthful articles about your heroes. All of you can just suck it up and go to hell. Carry on will your faux box rhetoric and propaganda. Won't change the election results. Loser lemming fools.

RIP TEABAGGER CONS

DITCH MITCH

stomp away losers, get use to it. haha

Have a fun night with your loser lemming loons in

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
He comes in tonight and hands me his BCBC policy which the company he works for handed out today.$168.00 per week. The deductible is $5000. The policy reads like the IRS tax form, this depends of this, that depends on that, co-pays on everything. But the worst, outside the initial weekly premium is the deductible is so high that you have to have a catastrophic illness for it even to kick in a penny. Like I said, every single thing has a co-pay. This is a family plan for two, so before this plan kicks in, they both have to pay for every bit of healthcare they may need in one year to reach the $5000! Who does that!!!! Young people do not have the issues oldster's have and so he may never get to use his plan for regular doctor visits, sore throat, typical regular yearly check-up, basic preventative care. All he will do is pay and pay and unless something catastrophic happens, which by the way he is still liable for 20% of (for example) a major surgery which may cost anywhere between $10,000 and $50,000. Still in the end he is stuck with a huge balance which will take years to pay off.
To top it off, his 50 hour week has been dropped down to less than 40, smaller income to pay for this horrible so-called Affordable Healthcare Plan.
By passing this plan, one thing Obama could not regulate was what the insurance companies could and would charge to cover them. Did he really think he had the power to tell these companies they must be fair to their customers? No, the plan is to force insurance companies out of business so everybody is a ward of the government. Socialism sucks and people will find out before this time next year how badly they've been screwed by this lecher.
Obama has screwed these millions of people, and lied through his teeth about it being "affordable" so everyone has no real healthcare unless they want to go broke trying to pay all the outstanding deductibles and co-pays.
The democrats just lost all the coming years elections! Nice job, Nancy and Harry, you scrounges!
I would suggest they shop around and check out Kynect. They are not obligated to accept the companies insurance.
OZombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Nice post Jay...!!
Some uninformed here are not going to believe you unless happenes to them. Dec. 31, so many are going to lose insurance and what this people are going to do January 1st ??
OZombies

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
LMAO@chemtrail zombie serb trying to convince everyone she is a patriotic American while being a terrorist dream for their US jihadist posters. SOS just a different day. Spew on nutjob. I am sure you will have company soon. Please carry on, your type sends voters to the MAJORITY side and that is something you clowns hate the most. It is what it is, your two parties, teabaggers vs Greed Over People will just help get HILLARY elected and once again our country will make history....
FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT.
She is more qualified than all those clowns lining up put together. THANK YOU in advance. Deal with it. It's coming. She will refine OBAMACARE and finish what President Obama started, helping AMERICA dig out of the hole Bush/Cheney/rumsfield and the likes of McConnell repukes put our country into. The MAJORITY will move FORWARD. That is what chaps you CONS ass. Keep it up...line them up, they won't be any better than the clowns of 2012.
Keep trying serb hag, those chemtrail fogs you continue to suck on is bound to get you the rubber room eventually. Maybe you and the )8~D> batshit crazy loon, who obviously got banned for a bit or she would be here, can get the same ward. She may be saving you a spot now. There are no lunatics worse than you two and your foul circus clown socks. Hope you enjoyed the truthful articles about your heroes. All of you can just suck it up and go to hell. Carry on will your faux box rhetoric and propaganda. Won't change the election results. Loser lemming fools.
RIP TEABAGGER CONS
DITCH MITCH
stomp away losers, get use to it. haha
Have a fun night with your loser lemming loons in
Blah blah blah ...stop sucking my Serbian a** you racist bigoted PIG...piss off you liberal monkey...!! I'm not going anywhere, get use to it...!!

DITCH DITCH DITCH
MITCH MITCH MITCH
BITCH BITCH BITCH

It's getting old and boring...!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 116,761 - 116,780 of144,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 12 min BIG_STEVIE 16,110
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Mike Duquette 128,021
verna warren 1 hr would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 3 hr would like to know 1
looking for a mini pot belly pig 3 hr har 1
Huge yard sale 4 hr Tiff 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 16 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters