'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 289388 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132413 Oct 31, 2013
The Food Stamp Scandals That Nobody Is Talking About On Either Side

Some $5 billion is about to be cut off from food stamp recipients when some of the original stimulus funding expires. Millions of people — the disabled, children, the elderly, and nearly a million veterans — will now have even less to eat. All of this while the stock market is at a record high. To me, this is not the sign of a great country. You?

Food Stamp Scandals

Nov. 1, 2013 — a date that will live in infamy — will bring a new monthly jobs report proving that the pain of the jobless is continuing unabated, as a cruel cut in the food stamp program is slated to take food off the tables of hungry children, elderly and disabled Americans.

While the Dow Jones industrial average soars to record highs and American elites prepare to celebrate a prosperous holiday season, it is a scandal that the jobless remain jobless, the hungry are becoming more hungry and official Washington is doing nothing.

It is scandalous that the hungriest Americans have been discarded from our public discourse and abandoned as nonpersons in our policy debates. They are treated like the disappeared in Pinochet’s Chile and the tortured in Stalin’s Gulag. They suffer in silence while politicians and the media ignore them.

It is a scandal that despite the real jobless rate of nearly 14 percent that will be announced on Friday, Republicans who caused the government shutdown that destroyed more jobs are continuing to oppose proposals by Democrats to create new jobs.

It is a scandal that despite punishing hunger caused by punishing joblessness, Republicans are attacking programs to feed the hungry with hostility and ferocity. Even conservative Republican Gov. John Kasich of Ohio worries that his party is waging a war against the poor.

The best way to reduce the budget deficit is to create more jobs, not to declare war against hungry children. The best way to lower the cost of the food stamp program is to lift more Americans out of poverty.

The attempt by Republicans in Congress to cut food stamps by almost $40 billion is a sadistic act of moral indecency against hungry children, the elderly and disabled Americans who need this program.

The cut in food stamps that would be imposed Friday is a grotesque attack against the hungry, an outrage the media must not ignore and a scandal that must be reversed.

The attempt by Republicans in Congress to cut food stamps by almost $40 billion is a sadistic act of moral indecency against hungry children, the elderly and disabled Americans who need this program.

The cut in food stamps that would be imposed Friday is a grotesque attack against the hungry, an outrage the media must not ignore and a scandal that must be reversed.

The hungry, the hurting and the jobless are trapped in a no-man’s land between a weird and cruel ideology of the right that blames them for their pain and Democrats who must be far more bold in offering the nation a counter-narrative that puts jobs first and unites with the great faiths to forcefully champion the cause of the needy.

If Edward Kennedy were with us today, the rafters of the Senate would shake with his call to conscience. If Bob Dole were still serving in the Senate, he would be corralling his colleagues to save the hungry from this travesty of pain. Today there is little place in the party of Lincoln for the greatness and decency of Dole. There are too few voices in the party of Roosevelt with the profiles in courage of Kennedy.

If Robert Kennedy were here, he would be fighting with passion for the poor. If Jack Kemp were here, he would be promoting ideas to help the needy in his conservative way. We miss them both enormously.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132414 Oct 31, 2013
CONtinued:

Nov 1, 2013, will be another day of infamy. Despite more news of the jobless, there is no great battle for jobs. Despite the hunger that plagues the land, the voices against the poor grow more loud and the war against the poor grows more ugly.

Pope Francis, the moral beacon of our times and the passionate voice for the poor, sets an example for us all.

Mr. President, will you heed the call of Kennedy and forcefully fight for the poor who need you?

Mr. Speaker, will you heed the prayers of the pope, end this war against the poor and extend your hand to the hungry?

Members of the Congress, will you have eyes that see and ears that hear the pain of those who suffer, and end this harvest of shame?

I love our country. We must do better than taking food from the mouths of hungry children during this holiday season.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/30/rate_shock_th...

I have never begrudge my tax dollars going to help others. This will bite them in the ass too. CONS hurting Americans while feeding the big CORPS.

WWJD

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

United States

#132415 Oct 31, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this made into a movie way back when? I remember one where one of the handsome guys of Hollywood played a part similar to this real life story.The time element was just after WW2.
I think so...whitehair...

My point was, all of those using my nationality or calling me third world country, do not know absolutely anything about my home country, just plain bigots!

My people are not cowards, we fight for what we believe and do not let to be pushed around.

I don't like what is going on here this days...with my country and my home...!!
I love America, proud to be an American and haters can not do anything about that...!!
OZombies

United States

#132416 Oct 31, 2013
http://www.in.com/brad-dexter/biography-31872...

Handsome BRAD DEXTER April 9, 1917- December 12, 2002
(Serbian- Boris Michel Soso) best known for his role as Harry Luck in the MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132417 Oct 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even a good try.
Still a pagan holiday.
The stories in your Christian bible has been told many times in reference to many Gods throughout the centuries by many cultures.
Virgin birth, son of a God, persecution, death, resurrection. All done many times thousands of years before your Christ.
Just another myth stolen by Christians.
Halloween today.

You would have to agree with me that also today Halloween is most definently not a holy evening!! This annual event is far from the harmless, innocent tradition it is promoted to be. Many dread this "holy" evening as they think what could happen to them, their property, and/or their children! Consistent with its historical roots, this evening is charecterized by fear, and frequently arouses dormant fears in many. The fear generated by this event is symbolic of the fear which plagues so many in our moden, morally bankrupt world. It is a gripping fear for an unknown and very threatening future, a fear caused by a gnawing inner emptiness.

An alternative for October 31.

For many in this land, this day stands for the very opposite of fear!! On this day in 1517, a German monk and professor of theology, Dr. Martin Luther, courageously published the simple, straightforward truth of the Bible. God's Word, which he has rediscovered after a long and intense spiritual struggle.

God used the truth of his own Word to give Luther the inner peace he had so desperately longed for. The Bible pointed him the way to God Himself, and when he found God through Jesus Christ, he found this peace which passes all understanding! He himself stated that it was as if he entered Paradise itself.

As a result of his courageous act on October 31, 1517, the Bible came into the hands of the common people again, and many, who as he, were deeply troubled by sin and it’s consequences, found peace with God as well!

It was God himself, Who used Martin Luther to bring His message of deliverance into the hands and hearts of sinners, in order to bring them back to Himself, and give then TRUE peace!!

It is therefore with deep gratitude to God that we wish commemorate October 31, as it reminds us of God's gracious and mighty deeds nearly five centuries ago.

http://www.holybible.com/resources/halloween....

:p
OZombies

United States

#132418 Oct 31, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.in.com/brad-dexter/ biography-318722.html
Handsome BRAD DEXTER April 9, 1917- December 12, 2002
(Serbian- Boris Michel Soso) best known for his role as Harry Luck in the MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
Serbian *birth* name - VELJKO Soso ...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#132419 Oct 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Halloween today.
You would have to agree with me that also today Halloween is most definently not a holy evening!! This annual event is far from the harmless, innocent tradition it is promoted to be. Many dread this "holy" evening as they think what could happen to them, their property, and/or their children! Consistent with its historical roots, this evening is charecterized by fear, and frequently arouses dormant fears in many. The fear generated by this event is symbolic of the fear which plagues so many in our moden, morally bankrupt world. It is a gripping fear for an unknown and very threatening future, a fear caused by a gnawing inner emptiness.
An alternative for October 31.
For many in this land, this day stands for the very opposite of fear!! On this day in 1517, a German monk and professor of theology, Dr. Martin Luther, courageously published the simple, straightforward truth of the Bible. God's Word, which he has rediscovered after a long and intense spiritual struggle.
God used the truth of his own Word to give Luther the inner peace he had so desperately longed for. The Bible pointed him the way to God Himself, and when he found God through Jesus Christ, he found this peace which passes all understanding! He himself stated that it was as if he entered Paradise itself.
As a result of his courageous act on October 31, 1517, the Bible came into the hands of the common people again, and many, who as he, were deeply troubled by sin and it’s consequences, found peace with God as well!
It was God himself, Who used Martin Luther to bring His message of deliverance into the hands and hearts of sinners, in order to bring them back to Himself, and give then TRUE peace!!
It is therefore with deep gratitude to God that we wish commemorate October 31, as it reminds us of God's gracious and mighty deeds nearly five centuries ago.
http://www.holybible.com/resources/halloween....
:p
"This annual event is far from the harmless, innocent tradition it is promoted to be. Many dread this "holy" evening as they think what could happen to them, their property, and/or their children! Consistent with its historical roots, this evening is charecterized by fear, and frequently arouses dormant fears in many. The fear generated by this event is symbolic of the fear which plagues so many in our moden, morally bankrupt world. It is a gripping fear for an unknown and very threatening future, a fear caused by a gnawing inner emptiness."

Run forest run!!!

LMAO holybible.com , Now theres a source we all know wouldn't misconstrue the truth.
Those children really look like they dread Halloween :-P
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132420 Oct 31, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do the Republitards fight it so hard Stupid?
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
FOX NEWS, RATINGS
October 2013 Ratings: Fox News #1 For 142 Consecutive Months
By Merrill Knox on October 29, 2013 3:49 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/october-2...

/
==========
11 YEARS
+
a few MONTHS

;~)

Girls on FOX news

)8~D>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132421 Oct 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"This annual event is far from the harmless, innocent tradition it is promoted to be. Many dread this "holy" evening as they think what could happen to them, their property, and/or their children! Consistent with its historical roots, this evening is charecterized by fear, and frequently arouses dormant fears in many. The fear generated by this event is symbolic of the fear which plagues so many in our moden, morally bankrupt world. It is a gripping fear for an unknown and very threatening future, a fear caused by a gnawing inner emptiness."
Run forest run!!!
LMAO holybible.com , Now theres a source we all know wouldn't misconstrue the truth.
Those children really look like they dread Halloween :-P
Same 'source' bub.
Ya just didn't READ the WHOLE thing!

Skimmer ;~)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#132422 Oct 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX NEWS, RATINGS
October 2013 Ratings: Fox News #1 For 142 Consecutive Months
By Merrill Knox on October 29, 2013 3:49 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/october-2...
/
==========
11 YEARS
+
a few MONTHS
;~)
Girls on FOX news
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vR9C9QrAwAsXX
)8~D>
Yup those Fox "news" nuts have nothing better to do than watch Fox 24/7.
The rest of us have a life and tune into various news sources.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#132423 Oct 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Same 'source' bub.
Ya just didn't READ the WHOLE thing!
Skimmer ;~)
I saw it was the same source.
And you are right about not reading it all. After seeing what was posted I lost interest.
OZombies

San Diego, CA

#132424 Oct 31, 2013
For those saying, people like SS and Medicare ...
SS and Medicare are deducted every month from your paycheck. When you retire you are still paying Medicare every month deducted from your SS check. This year is $114.90 per month and monthly premium for your drug prescription, different for everyone.
See, paying for Medicare after you retire $114.90 each month and SS in average is about $1,000.00 per month it's alot of money.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132425 Oct 31, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
hahaha, you mean the news brief deleted? haha
Toodles is right. Crazy lunatic
American Lady wrote:
News brief was DELETED ...
WHY?
:)
MeTHINKS ME Knows :D
~~~~~~~~~~
American Lady
Danville, KY
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#132244 38 min ago
October 30, 2013
Liberalism = Unhappyism[nutter & ILK to a "T"]
By Derrick Wilburn
A few days ago I had the displeasure of once again listening to MSNBC personality and radio talk show host Ed Schultz go absolutely ballistic on a caller who happened to have the gall to disagree with him. In this instance the caller was a retired 23-year veteran of the United States' armed forces who called into Schultz's show ...
While conservatives basically want to be left alone, believe in individual liberty, personal responsibility, and limited governmental intrusion,
left-wingers want their preferences to become your laws and to impose their belief system on everyone.
Consider these examples: As a conservative, if you don't want to purchase a 40-ounce soda, what do you do? Simple. Not purchase a 40 ounce soda; get a 20 ounce instead.
But if a left-wing liberal doesn't want a 40-ounce soda, what do they do? They seek to pass laws so that nobody can purchase a 40-ounce soda.
If a conservative chooses not to smoke he or she doesn't buy cigarettes, doesn't smoke.
But if a left-winger doesn't want to smoke they pass laws banning it for everybody or at least for as many as possible.
A conservative thinks a clip that holds 20 rounds is too large for her firearm, she buys a 10-round clip.
A left-wing liberal has the same thought and they're standing on the capitol steps waiving signs decrying how NOBODY should be able to purchase and own a 20-round clip.
A conservative doesn't think prayer prior to a high school football game is appropriate (not that a true conservative likely would), he simply withholds his child from the prayer session.
But a liberal with the same thought goes on the war path. "We've got to end that practice! Not my children nor anyone's children should be out there praying!" "...well, not to Jesus, anyway."
And they lawyer up, contact the ACLU, get letters into the local newspapers and do everything in their power to end the practice of praying before games.
And this list goes on and on and on.

They're perpetually not happy with something,
and so seek to pass laws to make their level of unhappiness the rule of the land for EVERYONE, whether everyone else was also unhappy about it or not.

Left-wing liberalism is a perpetual state of "This sucks, we need laws to change it to the way I want it to be!"

And if you don't want things to be the way that I want them to be, well,

then you're an idiot.

Or a racist.

Or a Neanderthal.

Or, most likely, all of the above.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/10/libera...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

American Lady wrote:
The above was a
*News Brief*

NOW ...

Back to your regular scheduled libTARDED Programming

Toodles

She's gone, gone, GONE
[Edited by: AL]
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate me freak, I can go from lady to bitch in 2.5 seconds.
WE know :D
~~~~~~~~~~

Laugh Laugh

)8~D>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132426 Oct 31, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>No the concept of what that verse refers to is above your comprehension skills. It makes what you posted wrong.The Rich pay dollar wise more taxes but the middle class pay more percentage wise. If you could understand what Jesus was trying to teach then you would understand the middle class pays more. i.e. Mitt and what was his 13% tax rate for example.
obamaisadumbASS wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually means what it says! Very clear, very simple! Your take will not help you on judgement day, I have so many things I have to face the same day, I don't care! Who are you to inject your stupidty and politics into it?
That took care of 'it' for me also.
~AL
obamaisadumbASS wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I make you servants of the "Antichrist" mad? I sure as hell hope so! It's not your hero, the Obamachrist, but he is helping! Just not smart enough!
;~)
OZombies

United States

#132428 Oct 31, 2013
OZombies wrote:
For those saying, people like SS and Medicare ...
SS and Medicare are deducted every month from your paycheck. When you retire you are still paying Medicare every month deducted from your SS check. This year is $114.90 per month and monthly premium for your drug prescription, different for everyone.
See, paying for Medicare after you retire $114.90 each month and SS in average is about $1,000.00 per month it's alot of money.
People like ( Injudgement)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132430 Oct 31, 2013
Another by same artist :)

Gary Allan - Promise Broken

I 'never' make promises I don't KEEP!
I 'keep' ALL of them ...!!!

;~)

American Lady

Danville, KY

#132432 Oct 31, 2013
Just a few of the HEADLINES on *Daily Caller*
today :)

* Going 'Nuclear'
Dems threaten to bypass GOP, confirm Obama nominees
POLITICS | ALEXIS LEVINSON
Harry Reid.

* Emails indicate IRS' Lerner illegally sent conservative groups' confidential tax information to FEC
US | CAROLINE MAY
IRS Investigation

* Why Obama lied
POLITICS | MATT K. LEWIS
Hillary Clinton Barack Obama

* Quinnipiac University backs off after claiming students would face discipline process
'A black eye around the world': Rand Paul wants Obama to address Pope spying
POLITICS | ALEX PAPPAS

* Medicare paid MILLIONS to dead people, illegal immigrants
US | CAROLINE MAY
marilyntavennerhearing
'Awarding benefits to the deceased is dead wrong'

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/#ixzz2jL7VXXa5

~-~
OZombies

United States

#132433 Oct 31, 2013
Obamacare - FAULT of ...per this president ...
-Insurance companies
-Republican Governors
b~u~t
"If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance, PERIOD"...!!
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor,
PERIOD"...!!

President has failed us, PERIOD ...!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132434 Oct 31, 2013
Dems resume ‘nuclear option’ threats to bypass GOP, confirm Obama nominees

“I just think we should bite the bullet and change the rules at this point,” Connecticut Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy told reporters [SURE he does! He's ARROGANT & STUPID that way ... You can't CHANGE the rules[Constitution] in the middle of the GAME!~AL]

after the votes.“Sen. Reid has been very clear about his priority to end this gridlock on nominations, and I will continue to follow his lead, but I’m going to advocate for us to actually pull the trigger this time.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/31/dems-resume...
OZombies

United States

#132435 Oct 31, 2013
Why Dirty Harry doesn't want Obamacare for his staff and himself?

Why Obamas and Kathleen Sebelius doesn't want to go on Obamacare?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,641
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 48 min Roger 8
Firewood Wanted 2 hr Firewood 2
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 2 hr WSH 99
Knox Central Cafeteria Food 2 hr some old guy 46
Knox County Jailer?? 3 hr The specalist 30
Whatdidisay 4 hr Salus 3
Iknow who got Ronnie Messer busted!!! (Jan '10) Wed UghWhoIsItThen 56

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages