'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 5,746)

Showing posts 114,901 - 114,920 of144,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

BN Lady wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info. It would have been cheaper all around if the insurance companies offered new programs and the government was not involved.More costs and nothing resolved. Plans going up and being dropped. Government involved in our insurance, a money pit as well as farce.
Guess you don't understand how big business works.

It's not about doing a service, it's about profitability.

That was a free lesson.

You're welcome.
Dale

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
Senator Elizabeth Warren:“Sick of Debating These Social Issues Like it’s 1913, Not 2013.”
Where has Elizabeth Warren been all my life? In her short time in the Senate I’ve absolutely fallen in love with her. While newly elected senators like Ted Cruz have made national fools of themselves, Elizabeth Warren has made a name as someone who seems to say what a lot of Americans are thinking.
“Americans” being the keyword in that. Cruz might say he’s “listening to the American people,” but he’s really only listening to a small fraction of Americans represented by the tea party.
Well, Senator Warren decided to weigh in on the Virginia gubernatorial race where she lashed out at Republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli’s stance against women’s rights. The Massachusetts Senator didn’t mince words, calling Cuccinelli’s beliefs “backward-looking ideologies.”
She also went on to say in her email that she’s,“sick of debating these social issues like it’s 1913, not 2013.”
Which is something many liberals have been saying for quite some time.
It’s honestly unbelievable that it’s 2013 and we’re still having discussions over basic rights for Americans. Whether it’s religious freedoms, women’s rights or gay rights, Republicans often act as if they want to take us back a century in our nation’s evolution.
But are they really acting? I really believe that’s exactly what many of them are trying to do. Republicans often talk about “getting back to traditional American values,” but when were those, exactly? For most, they’d probably cite the 1950s. Which, sure, that was a great time to be an American…
As long as you were a straight, white Christian male. For everyone else things weren’t that spectacular.
You’d think that with evolution we wouldn’t still be debating basic human rights like health care or someone’s right to marry who they love. And for many of us we have evolved on these issues. Yet, even in 2013, there still remains millions of Americans (mostly conservatives) who cling to these outdated ideological beliefs that resemble something from a century ago.
And with the emergence of the tea party, these backwards ideological pushes have become more prevalent than ever. The tea party seems determined to drive this country backwards about 60 (or more) years and revert us back to the days of segregation, women being subservient to men and homosexuals being outcast from society.
There’s a reason why the “good ol’ days” are no more. While they were great for some, they were terrible for others. And as a society evolves, so should its ideological stances on key social issues.
But then that’s really the problem. Many Republicans don’t believe in evolution of any kind. They still cling to some warped biblical set of beliefs that even their own religion can’t agree upon.
But thankfully as a society we are evolving, whether Republicans want to believe that or not.
Women are pushing forward closer to true equal rights, homosexuality is more accepted than ever before and liberalism is sweeping across the nation while conservatism seems to be creeping into obscurity, only popular in the most rural and uneducated parts of our nation.
And while the demise of conservatism won’t happen overnight, it is happening. In the meantime, liberals across this nation have to continue to keep fighting to expedite it’s downfall.
However, until then, I feel there will be many times where we all experience moments just like Senator Warren expressed. Times where you just get sick and tired of debating these issues like we’re living in a society that existed a century ago instead of present day.
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/senator-el...
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
LMAO!!! "Dances with Lies", Elizabeth Warren!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
talking about repeating ...
Mother HAG...
KISS KISS MY SERBIANS ASS YOU UGLY FACE...
KISS KISS MITCH YOU OBSESSED {B}ITCH...
Piss off you liberal COW...you like to attack others just because they think different. I don't answer back to you unless you attack me first. I fight back.
NO, just ignorant chemtrail mail order serb brides like you or your )8~D> batshit crazy loon.

Better ease up on the stomping caps lunatic before you have a stroke. Keep trying. loser lemming loon

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
SYL

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
talking about repeating ...
Mother HAG...
KISS KISS MY SERBIANS ASS YOU UGLY FACE...
KISS KISS MITCH YOU OBSESSED {B}ITCH...
Piss off you liberal COW...you like to attack others just because they think different. I don't answer back to you unless you attack me first. I fight back.
Sometimes you just can't pay any attention to them.They seem to be in a rather fowl mood right now. They got their asses nailed to the wall and painted red this week.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't do research because someone [my own son} works there everyday, told me so.Now I will say this. He told this week[Wednesday night] He found out a week before he told my husband about it.He was on vacation in Minn all week. So I don't know what happened during the time he was gone for a week. But like I said, I will find out. If you knew my son,which you don't, you would know he wouldn't make something like this up.There had to be some basis for it.
It never hurts me to apologize when I'm wrong.
You posted what you believed to be true.
No biggie.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
<quoted text> http://apps.washingtonpost.com/politics/capit... . This guy is working his butt off for KY! NOT!, LOL
Holy Shit!!!! 27 million. And that's a few years ago.

And he has holdings in 'health' so we all know getting rid of the ACA helps him keep his big money making scheme in healthcare.

Great info! Thanks!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! "Dances with Lies", Elizabeth Warren!!!
That's the repukes' new "re-inventing themselves" motto. She is right. You should have to keep fighting over and over for civil rights, women's rights, worker's rights etc..but I wouldn't expect a clueless loser CON to admit to that. You idiots eat your own and cut off your nose to spite your face. You are just too stupid to realize it.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>Really ...I have 3 generations born in U.S. and not on welfare. I worked for years in the U.S. and deserve my way in and didn't get anything for free. Why don't you talk about this millions illegals
in U.S.... but of course you have to know difference between

LEGAL IMMIGRANTS
and
ILLEGAL ALIENS ...

I came the right way with documents and have right to work and reside in U.S. so, I was NOT Illegal
I was an Immigrant.

This millions that you have in U.S. what you call them
UNDOCUMENTED, they're ILLEGAL ALIENS.

You still don't know and don't understand.

Remember, your land is my land.
Your government is my government.
Your country is my country.
I have same rights you do, only I can't be president,
I have all the same rights you have. My passport is blue same as yours..........

And nothing you can do about that. Get over it !!
Nah!

You're a freeloader on goverment assistance.

No need to lie. We all already know lol

And no, you're not the same as me in any way. I'm all for EVERYONE'S rights here, not just who agrees with me.

Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
R.I.P LOU REED

thisonesforyou
http://youtu.be/4p_cXfdz8Hw

PEACE
tofy
I saw that today.

What a shame! A loss of a true talent! Shame!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Rick Santorum: Ted Cruz 'Did More Harm' Than Good With Government Shutdown

Former senator and Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) criticized Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for the partial government shutdown, admitting Cruz "did more harm" than good with his attempt to defund President Barack Obama's health care law.

"I would say that in the end he did more harm," Santorum said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. "I think it was not his objective. I think his objective was a laudable one."

Prior to the shutdown, which left hundreds of thousands of federal workers furloughed without pay for over two weeks and cost the U.S. economy an estimated $24 billion, Santorum voiced support for Cruz's plan to tie anti-Obamacare measures to the government funding bill.

"It’s too soon to tell whether the strategy has worked or not, will it move the debate this way? But I think that’s really ultimately, what I think Ted’s is trying to accomplish and I think he’s certainly is pulling out all the bullets to get it done," Santorum told CNN in September.

However, on Sunday, Santorum said Cruz's plan failed in its execution.

"I think he didn't do a very good job in pointing [his objective] out," Santorum said. "It's one thing to have a goal, and another thing to have a plan to get you to that goal, and he didn't figure that out."

While Cruz has faced backlash from both sides of the aisle in the aftermath of the 16-day shutdown, he maintains that his efforts were worthwhile.

"One of the things we accomplished in the fight over Obamacare is we elevated the national debate over what a disaster, what a train wreck, how much Obamacare is hurting millions of Americans across this country," Cruz said Friday at a GOP dinner in Iowa.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/27/rick...

Love it when they eat their own. hahaha All while they are still campaigning. We won't forget that 24 billion he cost the taxpayers either.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Copy/Pasted
FROM a
*Patriot*
frend

;~)

INTERESTING OBSERVATION
1. The sport of choice for the urban poor is BASKETBALL.

2. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is BOWLING.

3. The sport of choice for front-line workers is FOOTBALL.

4. The sport of choice for supervisors is BASEBALL.

5. The sport of choice for middle management is TENNIS.
And...

6. The sport of choice for corporate executives and officers is GOLF.

THE AMAZING CONCLUSION:

The higher you go in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become. There must be a boat load of people in Washington playing
marbles.
==========

You know you WILL PASS THIS ONE ON!
OZombies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah!
And no, you're not the same as me in any way. I'm all for EVERYONE'S rights here, not just who agrees with me.
Really, "I'M ALL FOR EVERYONE'S RIGHTS HERE"...
except those that disagree with you...right...?????
I'm U.S. citizen and according to you I don't have rights here because I think different ...but millions of
ILLEGAL ALIENS have rights because Democrats think so, but who cares, that they are illegally here, they're criminals.

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it help if I tell you ...
I'M an IMMIGRANT, but I was never ILLEGAL...!!!!!
you were illegal in Serbia, that's why you ran, right?
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah!
....and we could run for PRESIDENT. haha

She sure is trying to convince someone she isn't illegal, huh? and how much she loves our country while slandering our President and DEMS wanting to take care of people. haha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went back to read your post. I apologize for my misstatement. I had not heard the latest. Fed X apparently had a change of mind because they told the employees that last week.
No one is happier than me. I will try to find out what happened and if I do I will post it i here.
I don't post lies if I'm not reasonably sure they are true. Just for reasons like this.[I still don't like you]
Liar
your son is a Liar, too.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>you were illegal in Serbia, that's why you ran, right?
Hi Calvin. Hope you had a great weekend. I did. I think she is a Serbian mail order bride who probably sucks off the gov't more than the ones she complains about that are illegal. Watch her tonight, she skipped her meds or got an overdose of the cali chemtrail fog. haha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Dale

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the repukes' new "re-inventing themselves" motto. She is right. You should have to keep fighting over and over for civil rights, women's rights, worker's rights etc..but I wouldn't expect a clueless loser CON to admit to that. You idiots eat your own and cut off your nose to spite your face. You are just too stupid to realize it.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
LMAO!!! Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo!!! Got anything else to say? Your Civil Rights are plainly stated in the 14th amendment and if that ain't good enough, you might want to checkout the Civil Rights Act of 1866!!! Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Do aliens lose their citizenship and allegiance to their country of origin while in the US? If not then their children born here are citizens of their father's country.
Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.
[T]he provision is, that 'all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.' That means 'subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.' What do we mean by 'complete jurisdiction thereof?' Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means.
Like I have always said, violations of the US Constitution does not make law.
stuck in your spin cycle, heh Dic?
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes you just can't pay any attention to them.They seem to be in a rather fowl mood right now. They got their asses nailed to the wall and painted red this week.
This cowardly liberal monkeys, wouldn't call million of illegal Mexicans, criminals ...most of them are Mexicans, that would be racist right? But, go after my nationality. They don't understand I have same rights they do, and I'm not going anywhere. That's what bothers them ...!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha ha ha ...
WHERE IS 'a' LIE
in THAT post ???
o 'smart' one
;~)
what post? lololololololol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 114,901 - 114,920 of144,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hobby Lobby ruling!! 5 min bam 12
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 17 min Fillus 382
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min Religion What A Crock 127,934
Richard and Sarah hicks 1 hr seriously 20
Richard hicks and Becky Abner 1 hr Truth 1
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr Whatever 54
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Anne 52 81,549
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••