'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 180522 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Barenaked Lady

Louisa, KY

#130530 Oct 20, 2013
Pooteye wrote:
Obama couldn't find a way to run the government without borrowing money, but he silently gave Pakistan $1.6 billion after the credit bump. Imagine that.
Thanks for those facts! My partner operates a small business and taxes have about have increased since Obama has been in the office. They sure haven't decreased. Pretty sad state of affairs when the country keeps sending money to foreigners when we've basically jumped over the cliff with our 17 trillion dollar deficit. To hell with the illegals, freeloaders and foreign countries. This country should be concerned about its own.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#130531 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for those facts! My partner operates a small business and taxes have about have increased since Obama has been in the office. They sure haven't decreased. Pretty sad state of affairs when the country keeps sending money to foreigners when we've basically jumped over the cliff with our 17 trillion dollar deficit. To hell with the illegals, freeloaders and foreign countries. This country should be concerned about its own.
Not true.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Your partner is probably spending money he/she doesnt want you to know about.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#130532 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for those facts! My partner operates a small business and taxes have about have increased since Obama has been in the office. They sure haven't decreased. Pretty sad state of affairs when the country keeps sending money to foreigners when we've basically jumped over the cliff with our 17 trillion dollar deficit. To hell with the illegals, freeloaders and foreign countries. This country should be concerned about its own.
Wow !!! Congrats to your partner. The only Federal Taxes that have increased since 2003 have been on those making more than $250K per year. Congrats to you and yours !!!!!! Only 2% of small businesses make MORE than $250K per year PROFIT in the US. Congrats !!!!!!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#130533 Oct 20, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Your partner is probably spending money he/she doesnt want you to know about.
That tax lie kills me every time it's brought up.

And every republican has a 'friend''partner''knows someone' who is suffering under Obama.... Just like that clown who was on Hannity who was caught in a lie with the ACA.

Why are republicans SO scared of facts?? Nothing backs up what they type here.... NOTHING!

I mentioned it this morning, to make the ACA work, 2.7 million people need to sign up. 500,000 have already signed up. And no matter how successful it is, these republican drones and the elected republican drones in Washington will lie and say its a failure.

If they just did simple research, the lies would stop.

These people are just lazy and ignorant. That alone explains why Bush won 2 elections.
Barenaked Lady

Louisa, KY

#130534 Oct 20, 2013
http://www.american.com/archive/2012/october/...

About 4.8% increase in taxes for 2013. I have access to the accountant's statements. Gross earnings are great. For example, if the business estimating here makes 358k should the owner take home 36 k. There can be no profit made with those kind of figures. I've tried to get partner to cut the accountant; nope, needs her because she know the business. I personally, think the tax rate is too high.Please, no hate.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130535 Oct 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Wow !!! Congrats to your partner. The only Federal Taxes that have increased since 2003 have been on those making more than $250K per year. Congrats to you and yours !!!!!! Only 2% of small businesses make MORE than $250K per year PROFIT in the US. Congrats !!!!!!!!
As I stated.... It was a lie.

Facts get them Every. Single. Time!
Barenaked Lady

Louisa, KY

#130536 Oct 20, 2013
One employee grosses 32k. Now, he was being paid a fair wage. Personally, I don't see how a business can keep operating with such high deficits. It's like the state and federal government, too many obligations such as employee wages and taxes. No profit. No ability to invest because the net revenue is so little. It's either sink or swim. Well, it's a struggle.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130538 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
http://www.american.com/archiv e/2012/october/obamas-big-tax- increases-on-small-business

About 4.8% increase in taxes for 2013. I have access to the accountant's statements. Gross earnings are great. For example, if the business estimating here makes 358k should the owner take home 36 k. There can be no profit made with those kind of figures. I've tried to get partner to cut the accountant; nope, needs her because she know the business. I personally, think the tax rate is too high.Please, no hate.
If he comtinues Bush tax cuts, they are Obamas tax cuts. So 10 tax cuts is a correct statement.

Plus closing loopholes is long over due.

ALL people should be taxed at the same rate. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should have a lower tax rate. That's just stupid and unfair to the working poor.

I agree with him cutting off the Bush Tax Cuts. They were to produce jobs but that money went in big and small business' pocket.

The free ride is over!
Uncle Tab

United States

#130539 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
One employee grosses 32k. Now, he was being paid a fair wage. Personally, I don't see how a business can keep operating with such high deficits. It's like the state and federal government, too many obligations such as employee wages and taxes. No profit. No ability to invest because the net revenue is so little. It's either sink or swim. Well, it's a struggle.
I guess if republicans had ANY sort of jobs plan that didn't include outsourcing jobs to other countries, that business would be more profitable.

That's the evidence you've given.... Vote for someone who will strengthen our economy here and your partners business will become profitable again because more people in our country will be working and can purchase your products.

Simple really.
Barenaked Lady

Louisa, KY

#130541 Oct 20, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit!! I know a business owner who had a $16,000 fireplace installed in his condo because he said he used that as his office for business, he also leased a Lincoln and also wrote that off saying he used it to entertain clients.
Neither was true. So don't try to say its not true, I KNOW it is. I've seen it done many times.
Business will write off everything try can claiming its business related and the majority they write of is for personal use.
I'm not being condescending, I'm being 110% honest and factual.
Well, Mr. Tab, would you consider him an honest business man? Some Folks might let minor charges be applied like the phone bill for instance. I do agree that the write offs do apply. The fact remains not every business venture is a profitable one. Fact. I apologize for the low blow earlier. Irish temper and all, it must be kept in check. Lol.
Good day to you.And good for him living with a conscience.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130542 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Mr. Tab, would you consider him an honest business man? Some Folks might let minor charges be applied like the phone bill for instance. I do agree that the write offs do apply. The fact remains not every business venture is a profitable one. Fact. I apologize for the low blow earlier. Irish temper and all, it must be kept in check. Lol.
Good day to you.And good for him living with a conscience.
No biggie on the low blow.... That's usually the republican MO.

And it applies to all write offs. Every companies do it. It's a fact.

We live in a culture of greed nowadays.
Boom

Belfry, KY

#130544 Oct 20, 2013
Some people

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#130545 Oct 20, 2013
The 'Glitches' of the ObamaCARE rollout could have been fixed if they sent headhunters to Apple, Google, and his other fundraisers. Paying cheap off the street doesn't work, we thought he learned already with ACORN.
'or did he?'

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#130546 Oct 20, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Gay One would love Fox.
Return to the MSM newsreaders, they will make you feel better about yourself.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130548 Oct 20, 2013
RayOne wrote:
The 'Glitches' of the ObamaCARE rollout could have been fixed if they sent headhunters to Apple, Google, and his other fundraisers. Paying cheap off the street doesn't work, we thought he learned already with ACORN.
'or did he?'
Need 2.7 million to sign up to make the ACA work, already have 500,000.

So it's doing very well already it seems.

It's fun watching you beat your head against the wall in this subject.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130549 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
http://www.american.com/archiv e/2012/october/obamas-big-tax- increases-on-small-business
Wrong again.
Doesn't sound like you are smart enough to go through her grade school homework let alone tax records.

Read the article carefully you will notice it counts proposed rates not actual.
Even your proof says he is "proposing" not that he has raised rates.

"he is PROPOSING to increase taxes on small businesses by around $49 billion"
http://www.american.com/archive/2012/october/...

That is why we go by credible sources and not right wing blogs.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130550 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
And yet so many are recording record profits.
Perhaps business is not your partners calling.
Barenaked Lady

Louisa, KY

#130554 Oct 20, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet so many are recording record profits.
Perhaps business is not your partners calling.
Conglomerate of corporations might be seeing profits. Unfortunately, it is not my partner who doesn't know how to operate the business; it's the those using loopholes to get monies for unnecessary items like fireplaces.There's an issue of honesty and integrity.Kinda like the federal and state government. Michelle and Obama, the Bushes. Every damn one of them! ACORN! Not to mention the $20 mil. books that Hil and Bill had published recently.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130555 Oct 20, 2013
Barenaked Lady wrote:
<quoted text> Conglomerate of corporations might be seeing profits. Unfortunately, it is not my partner who doesn't know how to operate the business; it's the those using loopholes to get monies for unnecessary items like fireplaces.There's an issue of honesty and integrity.Kinda like the federal and state government. Michelle and Obama, the Bushes. Every damn one of them! ACORN! Not to mention the $20 mil. books that Hil and Bill had published recently.
Sounds like you blame the world for your troubles.(not sure why your griping about Bill and Hillary publishing books).

“Questions Haunt...”

Since: Apr 13

Hanut YOU...

#130556 Oct 20, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the Poster Boy for the Low Information Voter
Talking to a rock would be a better conversation.
Did you say you talk to rocks? Is that where you learned math?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
state police 1 hr Poor Girl 21
Best clinic in Barbourville?? 2 hr Ky Girl 1
Brett ledford 2 hr Hahahha 13
Going to visit Stinking creek? 3 hr broughton 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Cheryl 136,727
WHo is the most unfit mother in Bville? (Dec '09) 6 hr mother 64
Any info on the bad wreck on 25e near bar. 6 hr Concerened 14
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]