'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130480 Oct 19, 2013
Ted Cruz, back in Texas, rails against fellow Senate Republicans

(CNN)– Sen. Ted Cruz returned to Texas following a whirlwind week in Washington that saw an end to the partial government shutdown that he helped ensure - and for which he made no apologies.

Instead, Cruz blasted his fellow Senate Republicans, saying they are most to blame for the failure of the push to defund or delay Obamacare.

The House Republicans marched into battle courageously," the first-term senator told the Texas Federation of Republican Women’s state convention on Saturday, "and the Senate Republicans should have come in like the cavalry to support them."

Instead, said Cruz, "a significant chunk of Senate Republicans came like the Air Force and began bombing the House Republicans, our own troops."

Cruz was a leading voice in Republicans push for Congress to reject any funding proposal to reopen the government that did not specifically defund President Barack Obama's signature health care law, the Affordable Care Act. He even spoke for more than 21 hours in a filibuster-like attempt to promote his strategy in the Senate.

Throughout his remarks Saturday, Cruz railed against what he called "the Washington establishment" - people from both political parties who he says are afraid of grassroots movements.

"There are a lot of professional pundits in Washington who go on television and explain that ‘Well, if you stand for anything, it's risky, and we may lose elections in 2014 as a result of this,'" Cruz said, seemingly referring to critics within his own party. "You want to win an election in 2014? Republicans need to stand for principle. And it is the grassroots, organized, that will win elections in 2014."

While Cruz lambasted his critics in Congress, he heaped praise on his grassroots supporters. The effort to defund Obamacare will eventually be viewed as a success, he said, because it energized conservative voters, drew attention to flaws in the health care law and caused Democrats to take "a lot of stupid votes."

He called on supporters to keep up the pressure on their elected officials.

"Nobody said this was going to be easy," Cruz warned. "And nobody should be surprised that the Washington establishment fights back."

Cruz went so far as to tell supporters about the tone of discussion in closed-door meetings, a breach of unspoken congressional etiquette. He accused fellow members of Congress of making back room deals that they don't admit to, claiming that they fear constituents involved in grassroots movements.

"Over and over again," said Cruz, "my colleagues have turned… red in the face, and said:'My constituents keep calling me!'"

However unpopular Cruz might be in Washington, he maintains significant support from Texas conservatives and was well received at the San Antonio event. He entered to a standing ovation and his remarks were met with cheers of "We love Ted Cruz."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/...

Talk about STUPID. The ACA is LAW. Get over it.

I love it when they eat their own. Repukes need to kick the teabaggers to the curb.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#130481 Oct 19, 2013
Dale wrote:
WELL!!!! I guess Uncle Turd doesn't want to talk to me anymore. That is OK, but if he will put on his tinfoil hat we can go off thread, now I have to find a tinfoil hat. Crap, just send me some good vibrations, preferably the "Beach Boys", now that can't be racist just because I used "Boys" can it.
Maybe he has other things to do that just this, probably had a kickboxing class.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130482 Oct 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes Israel so special?
Do they have a better human rights record than Britain or Canada? How much of our economy depends on trade with them? Do they have a long history of peacefully influencing violent disputes between countries like the Swiss? Has their immigrants greatly influence our culture like Germany, Italy or Ireland? Are we a free and independent country because of their participation in our Revolutionary war like France?
Tell me deary, what makes Israel more special than all these other countries (besides the Jewish vote)?
LMAO!!! Why did Hitler want to exterminate all Jews? Very simple answer.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130483 Oct 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Damn!
Here I was thinking that proof would be included in the actual article. Silly me :-P
The letter seems to be missing the header with the Company logo, department name, representative and other verifiable info that would prove it came from a real insurance company.
Strange how any information that could have been verified was left out?
Or convenient :-P
Republican drones thrive on misinformation.

They wouldn't know a fact if it kicked them in the forehead.

It's sad really.:-D
Uncle Tab

United States

#130484 Oct 19, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes Doubles Lead Against Mitch McConnell In KY Senate Race

In August, Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes came out swinging against Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky.

“He sowed the seeds of dysfunction, and after 30 years Senator McConnell is in the center of it,” Grimes said of her opponent.“The GOP has come to stand for gridlock, obstruction and partisanship. If doctors told Senator McConnell he had a kidney stone, he’d refuse to pass it.”

Alison GrimesÂ’ tough stand against Mitch McConnell earned her a one point lead in a Public Policy Poll in the same month. She has held on to that lead ever since. But as the Republican-caused government shutdown dragged on, Americans across the country overwhelmingly blamed the GOP. The same held true in Kentucky, and because of that, Ms. Grimes has doubled her lead against Mitch McConnell.

Alison Lundergan Grimes has doubled her lead over Mitch McConnell in Kentucky Senate race.

According to the latest PPP Poll, Alison Grimes has a two point lead in her race to unseat the incumbent Mitch McConnell. The 45-43 advantage comes as a whopping 60 percent of Kentuckians opposed the shutdown. But it gets even worse for the incumbent. The poll also shows that Ms. Grimes is supported by a sizable 18 percent of GOP voters in the state. Furthermore, 48 percent of Kentucky voters say they are less likely to vote for Mitch McConnell compared to 34 percent who say they are more likely. All because the Senate Minority Leader supported the shutdown.

Because of shutdown, Grimes could win in Kentucky and Democrats could Win Back House In 2014.

Clearly, the shutdown has destroyed the GOPÂ’s credibility. Democrats are not only finding increased support in Kentucky, theyÂ’re finding it across the country. Because of the recklessness displayed by the GOP, Democrats are poised to take back the House in 2014. A recent series of polls during the shutdown shows Democrats leading in 17 House races. In all 17, an unnamed Democrat leads the incumbent Republican candidate.

Republicans have not learned their lesson, which will benefit Democrats.

Even with all of this bad news, Tea Party Republicans still intend to repeat their tactics again in January and February when the budget and debt ceiling deadlines approach again. They truly have not learned any lessons from this time around. They are willing to damage their own party and hurt America just to oppose President Obama. And if they keep refusing to back down, itÂ’ll not only mean more support for Democrats in future elections, but also definitive victories.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/19/mitch...

Goodbye Senator Gridlock

Goodbye teabagger GOP

RIP GOP CONS

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
Can you imagine the voter fraud BS they sing when she wins?

They'll all lie and say they saw the same person vote 3 and 4 times.

:-D

It's going to be hilarious to watch these drones have strokes when dems run all 3 branches of goverment.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130485 Oct 19, 2013
O'Donnell reaches out for support in legal battle

Failed Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell reached out to supporters on Saturday with an impassioned plea as she decides whether to accept a settlement in a Federal Election Commission investigation into her use of campaign funds.

"I'm going to be straight forward and candid in this email - probably more candid and vulnerable than my political advisers would like!" O'Donnell said in a message to the supporters of her political action committee ChristinePAC. "I am facing a major decision and you play a large part in this decision."

The one-time candidate from Delaware seemed to be leaning toward not accepting the settlement deal as she spoke about the need to stand up against what she believes are politically motivated attacks.

"There is a greater good in this fight - this is about STOPPING THE BULLYING when citizen politicians step up to fight against the corruption in DC. The establishment tries to push us off the field and distract us by burying us with non-sense battles."

The e-mail was sent to supporters in an effort to solicit donations for her legal defense against the FEC complaint, which was brought against her by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington during her 2010 campaign and alleges that she used campaign funds to pay for personal expenses.

"I need your help now more than ever," O'Donnell said. "This will cost us no less than $50,000 in legal fees, let alone the administrative fees for things like filing Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests. For most politicians, that is a small amount. But for everyday Americans like you and me, it’s a lot of money."

O'Donnell admitted that her campaign paid the rent on her townhouse during the 2010 campaign, but she insists that she was using the home as her campaign's headquarters. She denies having done anything criminal.

O'Donnell was also the target of an investigation into whether she violated FEC rules by holding an event with an outside political group, the Tea Party Express, but that complaint was dismissed in June 2011.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/...

hahaha..."I am not a Witch" O'Donnell begging for money....PRICELESS

Dumbass teabaggers

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#130486 Oct 19, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Why did Hitler want to exterminate all Jews? Very simple answer.
That was a personal question to someone other than you.
Unless you are AL you cannot answer fro what she thinks.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130488 Oct 19, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the voter fraud BS they sing when she wins?
They'll all lie and say they saw the same person vote 3 and 4 times.
:-D
It's going to be hilarious to watch these drones have strokes when dems run all 3 branches of goverment.
This mid-term will bring them out in droves to get those teabagging CONS out, especially our very own Senator Gridlock. I can't wait either. The woman are organizing and I bet you see a lot more being elected right up until we elect our FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT. They will flying lemmings over the cliff in denial. lol

That 16 day shutdown was a gift to the DEMS. haha

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA,$$$$$$$$$

DEMS = PEOPLE

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#130489 Oct 19, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
This mid-term will bring them out in droves to get those teabagging CONS out, especially our very own Senator Gridlock. I can't wait either. The woman are organizing and I bet you see a lot more being elected right up until we elect our FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT. They will flying lemmings over the cliff in denial. lol
That 16 day shutdown was a gift to the DEMS. haha
GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA,$$$$$$$$$
DEMS = PEOPLE
RIP GOP
ALISON 2014
DITCH MITCH
GOP congress members who were around for the last shutdown told them it was a bad idea, but they didn't listen. Things that got closed then got closed this time, and will be in any future shutdowns. Maybe voters will elect representatives that are there to govern this time, not those who have no clue what governance is. Perhaps, GOP and Dems will hang out afterhours again and play some golf together on weekends.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130490 Oct 19, 2013
Hocke wrote:
<quoted text>GOP congress members who were around for the last shutdown told them it was a bad idea, but they didn't listen. Things that got closed then got closed this time, and will be in any future shutdowns. Maybe voters will elect representatives that are there to govern this time, not those who have no clue what governance is. Perhaps, GOP and Dems will hang out afterhours again and play some golf together on weekends.
You are right. I know they did and these idiots call them RINOs. Those will get re-elected no doubt since they showed some common sense in working together with the Dems for the good of the country and not themselves and their future elections. People won't forget.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#130491 Oct 19, 2013
No Debate? BAhahahahahahaa

How the Republican and Democratic Parties Secretly Control the Presidential Debates / http://tinyurl.com/4q5vf8 / October 2, 2008
The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed, secret contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. We speak to Open Debates founder and executive director George Farah.
Whats missing however is any concern about the fairness of the very structure of the debate. The Obama and McCain campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed contract dictating the terms of all the 2008 debates. This includes who gets to participate as well as the topics raised during the debates. But the contract remains secret and the Commission on Presidential Debates, a private corporation created by the two major parties, has refused to release the contract to the public.
Open Debates is a non-profit committed to democratizing the presidential debate process. Last month Open Debates and nine other pro-democracy groups called on the Commission to make the contract public.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/2/no_deba ...
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130492 Oct 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a personal question to someone other than you.
Unless you are AL you cannot answer fro what she thinks.
LMAO!! OK, Why did Hitler want the exterminate the Jews? Why did the US government want to exterminate the Peoples Nations?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130493 Oct 19, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!! OK, Why did Hitler want the exterminate the Jews? Why did the US government want to exterminate the Peoples Nations?
To get to the other side?
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130496 Oct 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have to pass this bill before we know what is in it"
The least you can do is get the quote right.
“But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”
Makes a BIG difference in the meaning right? Especially when taken in context.
Here, read what that statement was actually about.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Typical teabagger tactic. Find a truthful statement, change it slightly, and repeat it out of context to change it's meaning.
LMAO!!! The quote was good enough, we still ended up with a train wreck, thanks to my fellow Kansan ( SeeBillUs).
Ever think about cutting all the Foreign Squandering?
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130497 Oct 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
To get to the other side?
LMAO!!! That was a for you to answer.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130498 Oct 19, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! That was a for you to answer.
I know

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#130501 Oct 20, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Violations of the Constitution doesn't make law.
Do aliens lose their citizenship and allegiance to their country of origin while in the US?
Seems your Birther ideas have once again been struck down by a court.
Vermont Supreme Court deems anti-Obama lawsuit moot
'Natural born citizen' case claimed president is ineligible to hold office
Oct. 18, 2013
A claim by former U.S. Senate candidate from Vermont H. Brooke Paige that Barack Obama is unqualified to be president because he is not a “natural born citizen” was deemed moot Friday by the Vermont Supreme Court.
Paige, upon learning of the court’s decision, said Friday afternoon he will seek an appeal of the ruling before the U.S. Supreme Court.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20...

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#130502 Oct 20, 2013
It's incredible that 42% of Americans think that this unqualified, incompetent, dishonorable, ego-driven fraud is doing a good job. Take a moment. Admit it to yourself. You know who his supporters are. They are the people that YOU support -- financially.

Did you notice who owe-bama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling? He threatened to not pay:
- Social Security Retirees
- Military Retirees
- Social Security
- Disability
and
-Federal Retirees.

Now let this sink in really good...
- He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens.
- He did not threatened to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates.
- He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired.
- He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around.$20 Million already spent on family vacations.(One Million on a FL golf outing). All our money...why not?
- He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff.
- He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get.
- He did not threaten the food stamp programs.
- He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid.
- He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters.
- The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode!
Why are we allowing this person to destroy this wonderful country with his selfishness and his lies? Have WE lost our blooming minds!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#130504 Oct 20, 2013
hobbles wrote:
It's incredible that 42% of Americans think that this unqualified, incompetent, dishonorable, ego-driven fraud is doing a good job. Take a moment. Admit it to yourself. You know who his supporters are. They are the people that YOU support -- financially.
Did you notice who owe-bama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling? He threatened to not pay:
- Social Security Retirees
- Military Retirees
- Social Security
- Disability
and
-Federal Retirees.
Now let this sink in really good...
- He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens.
- He did not threatened to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates.
- He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired.
- He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around.$20 Million already spent on family vacations.(One Million on a FL golf outing). All our money...why not?
- He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff.
- He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get.
- He did not threaten the food stamp programs.
- He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid.
- He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters.
- The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode!
Why are we allowing this person to destroy this wonderful country with his selfishness and his lies? Have WE lost our blooming minds!!!!!!!!
Illegals get no government payments.
Inmates do not have internet access.
600,000 Federal employees have already been fired since he took office.
Security is why the vacations cost so much. No more than Bush after 9/11.
Congress was working during the shutdown. Plus it is against the Law for Congress to change their pay without a vote. Raise or cut.
There is NO such thing as an ObamaPhone. The program started 20 years ago and has NEVER used any tax dollars.
Of course you as a Repub would like to see children starve.
Egypt's funding was cut.
Nor did he cut anything from his non-supporters.
Your BS could go on and on.
Uncle Tab

United States

#130509 Oct 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Birther, nice diversion pookie. We were discussing the Obamanightmare Care. Focus boy, focus.
You low IQ republicans brought up birther issues again, but, as usual.... You divert from the diversion.

LMAO republican logic never gets old does it?

btw...... It only takes 2.7 million Americans to sign up for ACA to make it work. Already have 500,000 signed up.

Now we know why republicans were so against it.

LMAO

IDIOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Evil List (Dec '09) 19 min Burlington 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Mike Duquette 134,344
jason carnes and stacy keys 42 min smack that 1
The Hitman 1 hr Curious 1
Little George Marcum (Aug '13) 1 hr Need to know 21
joe ore rat 1 hr i KNOW 1
girl at advance yesterday buying windshield wipers 2 hr looking 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 15 hr Spur41 72

Winter Storm Warning for Knox County was issued at March 04 at 1:02PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE