'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 275001 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#130038 Oct 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
YepperZ ...
They've been HAD by the TEA party
;~)
The teabaggers are a dying breed.
The Republicans aren't likely to be led into another beatdown again by them.
Dr Kno

Switzerland

#130039 Oct 17, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure your wife is a physician, easy way to solve this.
What's her name and what town??
Since YOU brought it up..... For whatever reason..... You obviously don't have a problem letting us know so we can check out your honesty.
But if its a lie.... Feel free to make up an excuse to not tell us.
:-D
I don't argue.... Facts speak for themselves. When the facts prove you to be the idiot you are, you throw a fit.
You need a tissue to wipe that tear away lil fella?
:-D
No way! You seem like a stalker. Kinda creepy-you have a perverted way with words. Sometimes. Like owned for instance. I do not care whether you believe me or not. You would shit your pants if you knew what I do. You have the same option there too! You are fun to jerk around too, for a reason! Uh ahem.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#130040 Oct 17, 2013
Dr Kno wrote:
<quoted text> you are someone else. You admit it and proved it. Hypocrite. Sure you rise above! You are fun to jerk around. Tool
YepperZ!
These is NO "Hugh Jasol" on that page ...
Just a BUNCH of 'huge azzholes'...
Called libTARDS ...
-n-
L~I~A~R~S ...

ANYone can lQQk back and SEE!
I just did ...
After reading your posts ...

;~)

Thanks for bringing that to "attention" ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#130041 Oct 17, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The teabaggers are a dying breed.
The Republicans aren't likely to be led into another beatdown again by them.
Yeah ...
They were really 'BEAT DOWN' in 2010
weren't they ...

:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#130042 Oct 17, 2013
Here's the link ...
to make it EASY ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TCFCLCFLVBGSRUR...

As I've said before ...
THEY are E~A~S~Y ...

:D

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130043 Oct 17, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! By the 14th amendment, I am.
Now go and read it and see who are subject to the jurisdiction, thereof.
Ok I will explain what every sixth grader already knows.
The "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" clause was put in there to exclude Ambassadors, embassy personnel and military personnel of other nations.
These people are subject to the jurisdiction of their home nation and not that of the United States.
Obama's mother or father was none of these, nor was he born at any foreign embassy.
DUH!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130044 Oct 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ...
They were really 'BEAT DOWN' in 2010
weren't they ...
:)
No they were beat down in 2013.
What does 2010 have to do with today?
They have a few short months to try and get their stuff together. Watch how fast the teabaggers that got them into this mess become lepers :P
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130045 Oct 17, 2013
Washington (CNN)-- The government is open. The debt limit is lifted. The fight is over.

But in every fight, there are winners and losers, and this fight is no exception.

From Sen. Ted Cruz, architect of the failed Republican strategy, to Hillary Clinton, who in her silence may have boosted her 2016 presidential prospects, here's a look at who won and who lost during the shutdown/debt ceiling crisis:

President Obama vs. House Speaker John Boehner

WINNER: Obama
From the beginning, Obama refused to negotiate. He held firm, and nothing significant was changed to his health care law. And, according to public opinion polls, Obama is receiving the least amount of blame for Washington's dysfunction.

LOSER: Boehner
Boehner just can't catch a break. He might have one of the least-wanted jobs in the nation. He tried to appease House conservatives by demanding the president's health care law be defunded. All he got in return was a government shutdown for which the country largely blames him.

LOSERS: Obama and Boehner
Once again, the President and Boehner were unable to usher negotiations through the finish line. They have a pathetic record in solving government budget battles. Ultimately, other key players had to finalize a deal once again.

Sen. Ted Cruz vs. Rep. Paul Ryan

WINNER AND LOSER: Cruz
The Texas Republican's 21-hour talk-a-thon on the Senate floor, days before the shutdown began, had little practical impact on getting rid of Obamacare. While it did excite conservatives, it hurt his standing among his Senate colleagues. If Cruz wants to be an effective senator, that will hurt him. If he wants to win the 2016 Republican nomination, that could help him among the most conservative wing of the party. Evidence of that came at the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington. Cruz easily won a straw poll surveying the activists' preferences for a 2016 presidential run.

WINNER: Ryan
The head of the House Budget Committee swept in and changed the tenor of the debate. He simultaneously opened the negotiating door with the President and effectively brought House Republicans closer to a unified position. But conservative activists were not pleased. Ryan, who was once a conservative hero as recently as one year ago, finished dead last in the Values Voter Summit straw poll.

Sen. Harry Reid vs. Sen. Mitch McConnell

WINNER: Reid
The Senate majority leader didn't blink. He engaged in high-stakes negotiations and refused to accept a deal that would cut government spending or dissect Obamacare. Ultimately, the negotiations took place on his terms.

LOSER: McConnell
While the Senate minority leader helped to pull the country back from the brink, it might have hurt his standing with the tea party, which has always been skeptical of him. He is also embroiled in a re-election bid in Kentucky, where he has a primary challenger who is billing himself as a true conservative and a Democratic challenger who is labeling him as too extreme.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130046 Oct 17, 2013
CONtinued:

Tea party vs. Republicans vs. Democrats

WINNER: Democrats
When the focus is on their politically fractured Republican rivals, it's easy to appear united and (mostly) innocent. But Democrats didn't come out of this scot-free. A CNN/ORC poll earlier this month found that 57% of respondents were angry at Democrats for the way they were handling the shutdown.

LOSER: Tea party
One of the tea party's main priorities is to dismantle the President's health care law. Their demands led to the shutdown of the government, yet the final deal barely touched the health care law. Public opinion of the grass-roots movement continues to fall.

LOSER: Establishment Republicans
Republicans appear as fractured as ever. In a meeting with House Republicans on Wednesday evening, leadership implored their members to stay united. It was a unifying moment for the GOP, but the question is how long it will last. As for public perception, the Republicans are taking most of the blame, with 63% of respondents in the CNN/ORC poll saying they were angry at the Republicans for the way they had handled the shutdown.

2016: Chris Christie vs. Hillary Clinton vs. Joe Biden

WINNER: Christie
In the middle of a re-election campaign, and perhaps considering a presidential run, the New Jersey governor has positioned himself above the fray. In a meeting with the Philadelphia Inquirer editorial board, Christie said, "If I was in the Senate right now, I'd kill myself."

WINNER: Clinton
Clinton largely stayed silent throughout this debate. Why say a word when it could come back to haunt her in an election, especially when she doesn't have a direct role in the outcome?

LOSER: Biden
For the Vice President, it's a different story. It appeared as if he was nowhere near the negotiating table, but he's an active member of the government. It's also a stark contrast to where he sat during the last major budget battles, when he and McConnell brought the deals past the finish line. This time, he didn't say a word.

United States vs. the world

LOSER: The United States
While the United States has spent the past four years lecturing European nations about their economic state, its government has shown that it should not point fingers.

WINNER: China
China owns $1.4 trillion worth of U.S. debt. Leaders of the fastest-growing economy have sounded the alarm over the U.S. government's ineptitude. But with repeat government breakdowns, international investors might begin to rethink placing so much currency -- literally and figuratively -- in the United States.

A league of her own

WINNER: Sen. Susan Collins
The moderate Maine Republican refused to wait for political leaders to announce a deal, and she began talking to senators on both sides of the aisle. Although her talks didn't result in the final agreement, it precipitated talks between Senate leaders after Boehner and Obama's efforts hit a brick wall

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/politics/shutdo...

Teabaggers/GOP LOSERS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130047 Oct 17, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" clause was put in there to exclude Ambassadors, embassy personnel and military personnel of other nations.
These people are subject to the jurisdiction of their home nation and not that of the United States.
Obama's mother or father was none of these, nor was he born at any foreign embassy.
DUH!
LMAO!!! Are children of US fathers citizens of the US, even though they are born out of the limits of the US?

Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.(WKA v. US, para.34)

Obama was born a citizen of his father's country, this would make him subject to that country's jurisdiction, just a fact that you can't dispute.
Hugh Jasoal

Cub Run, KY

#130048 Oct 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
YepperZ!
Called libTARDS ...
-n-
L~I~A~R~S ...
I just did ...
;~)
another astute post from the looney toon! He knows I was going by American man and then , publicly, switched to Hugh. Why dont you just concentrate on cleaning litter boxes so you dont get overtaken by toxoplasmosis.
Its like the blind leading the ignorant here, Jesus!
You guys do make a good team. Together you almost have a complete brain!
Almost
Dale

Wichita, KS

#130049 Oct 17, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!
LMAO!!! Oh, here is some more info.

The US can not strip a foreign citizenship from anyone without the approval of that individual.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130050 Oct 17, 2013
Government Shutdown Could Affect 2014, 2016 Elections

WASHINGTON (AP)— Republicans eyeing possible White House bids in 2016 largely opposed a bill in Congress to avert a default and end a 16-day partial government shutdown, rejecting a measure that could shape upcoming elections. The vote split a group of GOP House members plotting Senate bids.

A majority of Republicans in the Senate supported the bill Wednesday, but nearly two-thirds of the Republicans in the House opposed it, putting them at odds with House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Opponents of the bill heeded the warnings of Republican groups threatening to work for their defeat if they supported it, but the vote opened them to criticism from Democrats that they were willing to allow a national default.

Democrats in the House and Senate supported the bill in lockstep, backing President Barack Obama's call for an end to the stalemate that furloughed government workers, jumbled the financial markets, and could ripple through next year's midterm elections and beyond.

In the Senate, Republicans Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida opposed the plan, which could help them with primary voters if they run for president. But the three lawmakers navigated the shutdown in different ways.

Cruz took center stage during the fight. Before the shutdown, he used a 21-hour speech on the Senate floor to promote ways of weakening Obama's health care law and repeatedly urged majority Republicans in the House to hold the line. Deep into the shutdown, he gathered a group of House conservatives in the basement of Tortilla Coast, a Capitol Hill restaurant, for a late-night strategy session.

Rubio came to Cruz's aid during the Texan's lengthy floor speech and warned that a clunky rollout of the health care law was just the beginning and would sock Americans with higher costs. The Florida senator's support of immigration reform has drawn suspicion in conservative circles this year, so his opposition to the health care law could help him in the party.

Paul was more circumspect. He avoided criticism of Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell while his Kentucky colleague negotiated a deal that many conservatives found unpalatable. While Paul opposed the bill, he convened a "bipartisan coffee" on the Capitol steps early in the process and kept his focus on the nation's debt.

Democrats pounced on the votes, blasting out a fundraising email identifying the three senators as potential presidential candidates in 2016. "And they just voted for default," the email said.

In the House, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, who was Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's running mate last year, opposed the bill after floating a proposal during the shutdown that did not address Obama's health care law but would have achieved a number of fiscal goals sought by Republicans. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who is considering a presidential campaign, supported the bill Wednesday night after warning that Republicans had been hurt by the shutdown.

Republicans were squeezed by conflicting demands. Groups like the Club for Growth that have poured money into primaries urged lawmakers to vote against the congressional measure, while business groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce pressed lawmakers to pass the bill.

In the Senate, Republicans need to pick up six seats to take the majority during Obama's final two years.

Democrats have targeted McConnell's seat in Kentucky, but the GOP leader must first deal with a primary challenge from businessman Matt Bevin, who has picked up support from outside GOP groups. Before any votes were cast, Bevin charged McConnell with negotiating "the GOP surrender" to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/gove...

bye, bye teabagger republiCONS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Hugh JasoAl

Cub Run, KY

#130051 Oct 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
YepperZ!
Called libTARDS ...
-n-
L~I~A~R~S ...
I just did ...
;~)
notice you didn't have anything to say about the content of the posts. somethings are better left unsaid I guess
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130052 Oct 17, 2013
Michele Bachmann: Government Reopening Is 'A Very Sad Day'

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) called Thursday, the day the government reopened after a shutdown that lasted almost two weeks, "a very sad day."

In an interview with Fox News, Bachmann said President Barack Obama "got 100 percent of what he wanted" in the shutdown deal that passed late Wednesday, and said he made "a very bad bargain."

MinnPost reports Bachmann criticized the president for taking an "immediate victory lap."

“To me, it’s a very sad day, because his agenda is going to go forward and he gets an immediate victory lap," Bachmann said, according to MinnPost.

The end of the shutdown meant thousands of furloughed workers could return to their jobs, national parks could reopen and desperately ill patients could continue clinical trials, among other things. Obama signed the bill to reopen the government early Thursday morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/mich...

[email protected] crazy eyes...hahaha

RIP TEABAGGER GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#130053 Oct 17, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
YepperZ ...
They've been HAD by the TEA party
;~)
From now own the Tea Party will be referred to as Teahadist. And you are still a member of the Anti-American Taliban.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#130054 Oct 17, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Are children of US fathers citizens of the US, even though they are born out of the limits of the US?
Nor can it be doubted that it is the inherent right of every independent nation to determine for itself, and according to its own constitution and laws, what classes of persons shall be entitled to its citizenship.(WKA v. US, para.34)
Obama was born a citizen of his father's country, this would make him subject to that country's jurisdiction, just a fact that you can't dispute.
Of course I can.
If I had a child born to an unwed mother in another country, that child would be a citizen of that country. At most it would have a dual citizenship.
But as I have stated before, it matters not what other countries considers citizens, it is what WE consider a citizen.
ANY person born on US soil is a US citizen. Just ask any immigrant.
Now I am done with this idiot conversation.
If your opinion had any merit at all, Orly Taitz would be a famous successful litigator, instead of some nut barred from wasting any more court time.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#130055 Oct 17, 2013
Even funnier than the crazy eyed nutjob article above...hahahahahaha

Sarah Palin suggests she will get involved in Kentucky Senate race

After the Republican New Jersey Senate candidate she supported lost Wednesday night, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin suggested that Kentucky might be her next project.

Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee with U.S. Sen. John McCain, sent a message to her Facebook fans after Steve Lonegan lost the New Jersey special election to Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

"We're going to shake things up in 2014," Palin wrote. "Rest well tonight, for soon we must focus on important House and Senate races. Let's start with Kentucky —which happens to be awfully close to South Carolina, Tennessee, and Mississippi — from sea to shining sea we will not give up. We've only just begun to fight."

Given her endorsement record, it seems likely that Palin is suggesting she will get involved in the Kentucky Republican Senate primary between Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.

In an interview with the Lexington Herald-Leader on Wednesday, Bevin was asked if he thought Palin would get involved on his behalf.

Bevin said a number of national high-profile people had contacted him about helping his campaign, but he declined to say whether Palin was one of them.

"They are all watching," Bevin said. "Many of them will come on board."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/10/17/2881122/sa...

haha she ought to help the teabagger out as much as Steve Lonegan who just lost to Cory Booker (D) and John McCain huh? hahaha Bring her on, she will be a real vote getter for Alison. PRICELESS

RIP TEABAGGER GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#130056 Oct 17, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Are children of US fathers citizens of the US, even though they are born out of the limits of the US?
If you are correct than I doubt if Obama wins a third term.
P.S. Have you gotten that email to the Canadian Ted Cruz yet? Do you have a date set to appear before the US Supreme Court for them to hear your case against Obama and Cruz?
Uncle Tab

United States

#130057 Oct 17, 2013
Fear wrote:
<quoted text>Uncle, my comment was U.S. citizens could lose their rights to own Firearms, and your come-back reply was about shoes, now you or I must have a strange brain.
We've been over this a million times. You weak minded fools believe that because you're uneducated.

Just because Limbaugh and Beck say you'll lose your guns doesn't make it true.

That's why I have you the shoe answer..... It's not even an issue for the educated people who understand out gun rights will never be taken away. The weak minded folks believe that because.... Well, they're weak.

Regan had tougher gun laws than we have today.

Doom, gloom, and fear types.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min CCR 164,779
Half a Million Kentuckians to lose healthcare.. 13 min lmao 14
"The Specialist" is a "full fledged" Narcissist... 2 hr Get A Job 15
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 2 hr Just politics 45
Cracker Barrel coming to Barbourville ? 2 hr Sunshine 42
Bill cain 3 hr Nosey 4
Food for Thought with Hatti and The Specialist. 3 hr Classic 42

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance