'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 223146 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Andso

Grayson, KY

#128000 Oct 9, 2013
Ford's Theatre homepage
http://www.fordstheatre.org/
The parts that are run by the NPS are closed, just like all other federal parks and monuments. Check their homepage for information on what is opened.

One can't simply write a personal check to open sites, like the WWII memorial. Funds are sent to the Treasury Department, and from there funds for agencies are dispersed via the budget. Why else do you think that people have photo ops holding a check they know can't be used in that manner?
Andso

Grayson, KY

#128001 Oct 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
REFER to: Post #127991
libTARD!
Democrats are PLAYING games with Patriotics Americans
Remedial civics class for you!
OZombies

San Diego, CA

#128002 Oct 9, 2013
Andso wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress was warned by Pentagon Comptroller Robert Hale in a briefing(there is a video but everyone can find it) on Sept. 27th that death benefits would be delayed during a shutdown. Now, in week 2 of the shutdown, House GOP just now take notice.
On a side note; 20,000 protestors attended the rally but the National Mall is still closed. The National Park Service is responsible for operating all federal parks and monuments, which have to be staffed(rangers, maintainace, etc..) to be open.
Wake up and smell the shutdown.
Wake up and ask your president why didn't he use EXECUTIVE ORDER...and why Democrats do everything to inflict as much pain on the American people, make Republicans look bad, JUST to win in
2014...demoRATS...watch it, might backfire on you like 2010. Democrats lost about 600 seats...??????

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#128003 Oct 9, 2013
Andso wrote:
Ford's Theatre homepage
http://www.fordstheatre.org/
The parts that are run by the NPS are closed, just like all other federal parks and monuments. Check their homepage for information on what is opened.
One can't simply write a personal check to open sites, like the WWII memorial. Funds are sent to the Treasury Department, and from there funds for agencies are dispersed via the budget. Why else do you think that people have photo ops holding a check they know can't be used in that manner?
Exactly.
If you look closely at the check Ted Cruz was displaying at the WWII memorial you can see there is no name, not amount and NO SIGNATURE.
It is literally a blank check :-P
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128004 Oct 9, 2013
Patriotics
Knock off the s ...
Jay

Springville, TN

#128005 Oct 9, 2013
‘Gestapo Tactics’— Park Service Rounds Up, Detains Yellowstone Tourists At Gunpoint

One wonders how long it will be before we start reading stories about people getting arrested merely for coming within eyesight or snapping photos at the entrance gate at one of these off-limits public lands the Administration of President Barack Obama is punitively closing down during the phony Federal government shutdown.

A Massachusetts newspaper reported Tuesday on the “Gestapo” treatment locals received at the hands of Federal officers on a vacation trip out to Yellowstone National Park. Unlike earlier reports from the National Mall in Washington, D.C., where veterans seemed able to exercise their collective will to thwart Park Service officials who were “guarding” barricaded monuments, these people were actually rounded up and held at gunpoint in a Yellowstone park hotel.

“Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures,” John Macone of the Merrimack Valley-area Eagle-Tribune newspaper wrote Tuesday.“Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.”

From the Eagle-Tribune report:

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1442580353...

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

Well, practically speaking, weren’t they?

Even before the roundup and detainment, Vaillancourt said Yellowstone park rangers showed clear signs that they’d been authorized to act swiftly in response to the Federal government shutdown. In the two days she was able to move about inside the park, a ranger accused senior citizens in her bus tour group of “recreating” for piling out of a bus to snap photos of bison.

Almost immediately, an armed ranger came by and ordered them to get back in, saying they couldn’t “recreate.” The tour guide, who had paid a $300 fee the day before to bring the group into the park, argued that the seniors weren’t “recreating,” just taking photos.

“She responded and said,‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said.

…“Some of the Asians who were on the tour said,‘Oh my God, are we under arrest?’ They felt like they were criminals.”

Gordon Hodgson, the tour guide, later said the Park Service had employed “Gestapo tactics” against civilians, both American and foreign, who left the incident with a dark view that the American notion of individual liberty is quickly unraveling.

All democrats are happy, right, injudge?

Good for you!

Wonder how many dems were on that bus!
Andso

Grayson, KY

#128006 Oct 9, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up and ask your president why didn't he use EXECUTIVE ORDER...and why Democrats do everything to inflict as much pain on the American people, make Republicans look bad, JUST to win in
2014...demoRATS...watch it, might backfire on you like 2010. Democrats lost about 600 seats...??????
Executive Orders do not have the authority to do that. Congress alone has that power granted by the Constitution. During the Regan Adminstration there were shutdowns, yet Pres. Regan didn't use an Executive Order to bypass it. Neither did Pres. Clinton. I would suggest that you at least research our Constitution.
Andso

Grayson, KY

#128007 Oct 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
If you look closely at the check Ted Cruz was displaying at the WWII memorial you can see there is no name, not amount and NO SIGNATURE.
It is literally a blank check :-P
I doubt that Sen Cruz could do what JP Morgan did in 1907.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#128008 Oct 9, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
One possibility is that the President wants congress to do their job.

However, I am not here to explain remedial Executive powers to you.
I suggest you study up on it then you can answer your own questions.
Wikipedia is not as comprehensive as I would like but it is a good place to start.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Executive_order

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#128009 Oct 9, 2013
OZombies

United States

#128010 Oct 9, 2013
Andso wrote:
<quoted text>Executive Orders do not have the authority to do that. Congress alone has that power granted by the Constitution. During the Regan Adminstration there were shutdowns, yet Pres. Regan didn't use an Executive Order to bypass it. Neither did Pres. Clinton. I would suggest that you at least research our Constitution.
Obama is really good using 'EXECUTIVE ORDER'...
Yes he can sign and pay benefits to veterans and you believe what you want...!! When it comes to 'EXECUTIVE ORDER' Obama is 'fanatic'...this president has no respect for The American Constitution. You didn't realized that yet ...???????

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#128011 Oct 9, 2013
Andso wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that Sen Cruz could do what JP Morgan did in 1907.
LOL I would think not!
OZombies

San Diego, CA

#128012 Oct 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
One possibility is that the President wants congress to do their job.
However, I am not here to explain remedial Executive powers to you.
I suggest you study up on it then you can answer your own questions.
Wikipedia is not as comprehensive as I would like but it is a good place to start.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Executive_order
Don't explain anything to me...I don't really care about Wikipedia ...for you Democrats is maybe, if.
Obama 'wants' the house ...and that's it...he is hoping to win in 2014 so he can do what ever he wants for the next 2 years and FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country as he promised. No thank you...!!!!! This country is in trouble as it is...!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#128013 Oct 9, 2013
Well I tried but all these Anti-Americans want is the worst for America. Doom and Gloom, Doom and Gloom. Too much fear mongering from FauxNews has brainwashed them into thinking about nothing ever is good all is bad. Doom and Gloom, Doom and Gloom. What pathetic lives they must have. Dark clouds (or Chemtrails) follow them all through life. Doom and Gloom - Doom and Gloom.
All this government shut down crap started from one man, not even born in the US,(plus he had a commie father) over the fact he was pissed poor and middle class workers might get health insurance.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#128014 Oct 9, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is really good using 'EXECUTIVE ORDER'...
Yes he can sign and pay benefits to veterans and you believe what you want...!! When it comes to 'EXECUTIVE ORDER' Obama is 'fanatic'...this president has no respect for The American Constitution. You didn't realized that yet ...???????
You are either stupid or the biggest hypocrite on here.
Executive Orders:
Ronald Reagan- 381
George Bush (4 yrs)-166
William J. Clinton -364
George W. Bush-291
Barack Obama-161
Read more at the American Presidency Project: Executive Orders http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.ph...
Quit now

Chesterfield, MO

#128015 Oct 9, 2013
You need to quit stealing your neighbors internet service. You have enough connections without doing that!
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't explain anything to me...I don't really care about Wikipedia ...for you Democrats is maybe, if.
Obama 'wants' the house ...and that's it...he is hoping to win in 2014 so he can do what ever he wants for the next 2 years and FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country as he promised. No thank you...!!!!! This country is in trouble as it is...!!!!!!!
Jay

Springville, TN

#128016 Oct 9, 2013
Andso wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress was warned by Pentagon Comptroller Robert Hale in a briefing(there is a video but everyone can find it) on Sept. 27th that death benefits would be delayed during a shutdown. Now, in week 2 of the shutdown, House GOP just now take notice.
On a side note; 20,000 protestors attended the rally but the National Mall is still closed. The National Park Service is responsible for operating all federal parks and monuments, which have to be staffed(rangers, maintainace, etc..) to be open.
Wake up and smell the shutdown.
Wake up and smell the loss of revenue in tourism, gas, small grocery chains, big grocery chains, restaurants, shopping, hotels, fast food joints in towns across America where tourists patronize........and wake up and smell the cost in salaries for feds, rangers and hired help, who get paid regardless to implement this Gestapo technique against Americans and foreign tourists.....like the guy who got fined $100 because he was just simply jogging through the park - the people who slowed down their vehicle just to take a picture of Rushmore, and got hijacked by some big shot official!

Congress, who holds the bank card, offered to fund all of this. But No! Obimbo says no!!!

Give - me- a- break! Obama and Harry are over-stepping their bounds with stuff like this and unless you're completely brain dead, you know it, too!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128017 Oct 9, 2013
Andso
Morehead, KY

Great post. You are right. They did know prior to the shutdown how the military would be affected. They wanted the shutdown to take America down in order to blame the President. They hate him that much. They OWN the shutdown. Voter won't forget.

DoD comptroller outlines shutdown plans for work, pay, travel

Active-duty troops will report to work next week as usual, but about half of the Defense Department’s civilian workforce — or about 400,000 people — will be placed on immediate furlough if the federal government shuts down Oct. 1, the Pentagon’s top accountant said Friday.

As a government shutdown appeared increasingly likely, officials throughout the military on Friday were scrutinizing their local activities to determine what will be considered essential and therefore an “excepted activity” to continue operations in the event that lawmakers fail to reach a new budget agreement before the start of the new fiscal year.

“Our commanders and managers are considering those issues right now,” Defense Department Comptroller Robert Hale said at a press briefing Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, there was little sign of progress as the spotlight shifted to House Republicans and their decision whether to approve a funding measure that the Democrat-controlled Senate passed Friday. The main sticking point is whether a new budget will include funding for the health care reform law.

Military operations in Afghanistan and support for the nearly 55,000 troops deployed there will be unaffected by a government shutdown, Hale said.

Similarly, some basic services at installations worldwide will continue. Mess halls, fitness centers, schools and child care facilities will remain open, according to a Pentagon memo distributed Friday.

Troops’ paychecks may be delayed if the government shutdown continues for more than a week. Hale said if a shutdown stretches beyond Oct. 7, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service may not be able to run the payroll in time for the Oct. 15 paycheck.

“The earliest we’d start having trouble would be Oct. 7, and that is not a hard date. We will push it as far as we can but at some point we have to run the payroll.... Clearly if the lapse extends to Oct. 15, there won’t be a question [that paychecks will be delayed]. There may be some time prior to that when we are faced with either having to take a chance and run the payroll and be ready — or delay it,” Hale said.

The Oct. 1 paycheck will be unaffected by a government shutdown, Hale said.

Most temporary-duty travel scheduled to occur after a government shutdown will be canceled.

Temporary-duty travel in support of the operations in Afghanistan and other assignments directly related to the “safety of life and protection of property” will require approval from a service secretary or other top official.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

San Diego, CA

#128018 Oct 9, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>You are either stupid or the biggest hypocrite on here.
Executive Orders:
Ronald Reagan- 381
George Bush (4 yrs)-166
William J. Clinton -364
George W. Bush-291
Barack Obama-161
Read more at the American Presidency Project: Executive Orders http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.ph...
I'm not stupid or hypocrite...anyway, who the hell are you to judge me...????? Was I talking about other presidents...and is Obama president now...who are we discussing now, Obama and his administration ...????? Why do you always bring other presidents when you can't justify what your president is doing ...?????
OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT NOW...!!!!!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128019 Oct 9, 2013
CONtinued:

Military deployment orders will remain in effect and permanent travel, including separation orders, will be not be canceled. Recruiting will continue. The government shutdown will have no immediate impact on the flow of new service members into entrance processing centers and boot camps, according to the memo.

Deployments to Afghanistan will not be affected, but travel to return home from Afghanistan may be delayed unless commanders in theater determine it to be essential, Hale said.

In the case of a shutdown, most military training and routine maintenance will come to a halt.

Domestic commissaries may close, death gratuities for the families of fallen troops may not be paid and promotion boards will likely be put on hold, Hale said.

The Defense Department’s memo Friday defines essential activities in broad and vague terms.

Civilians can be exempted from furlough if they are required for “military operations and activities authorized by deployment or execute orders, or otherwise approved by the Secretary of Defense, and determined to be necessary for national security, including administrative, logistical, medical or other activities in direct support of such operation or activities.”

In some cases, service members may be assigned to roles typically filled by civilians who are furloughed, according to the Pentagon’s nine-page memo.

But Hale said those situations will be rare.“I think for the most part they are going to be doing their same jobs,” Hale said.

Support services provided by military contractors will continue for contracts awarded before a government shutdown. But new contracts cannot be awarded during a shutdown, the memo said.

If paychecks are delayed, troops and civilians summoned to work during the shutdown will be entitled to retroactive pay if and when the government resumes routing functions. But for the roughly 400,000 civilians who are furloughed during a shutdown, they will be paid “only if a law is enacted providing the authority to pay them,” Hale said.

That would be “one more blow to the morale of our civilian workforce,” which has recently absorbed six furlough days due to defense budget spending caps that kicked in earlier this year, Hale said.

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, the Senate on Friday passed a funding measure that would keep the Pentagon and other federal agencies open through mid-November, pressuring House Speaker John Boehner to act.

By passing a continuing resolution, the Democratic-controlled Senate shifted the burden of avoiding a government shutdown to Boehner and House GOP leaders.

Oklahoma Rep. Tom Cole, House Republican Conference deputy whip, told reporters Friday morning that GOP leaders have yet to decide how to proceed.

Asked when the lower chamber would either take up and amend the Senate-passed CR or vote on its own version, Cole said,“Probably not today.”

“I think we’re still trying to see where we’re at on that,” Cole said.

The Senate’s version is an amended version of a House-passed CR from earlier this month. The House included language Senate Democratic leaders called “toxic riders,” including a controversial one that proposed killing funding for President Obama’s signature health care law.

“I think, probably, the House will send something back,” Cole said.“What that’s going to be, I don’t know yet.”

The GOP leadership member told reporters senior House Republicans are still talking with members of their caucus and among themselves about just what the chamber will take up, with the government slated to shut down at 12 a.m. on Tuesday.

House GOP leaders likely will schedule a Sunday vote on what will be the third version of a CR.

Cole said leaders likely will send back legislation “that the Senate can’t say no to,” meaning it will closely resemble the Senate-passed measure — and likely include less-controversial riders and no health care reform language.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/M6/20130...

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
houses and apt for rent 2 hr oldschool 2
iMPEACH Bonita Williams school board member 2 hr guess 9
bonita williams 3 hr ex vitizen 16
house in hiedrick 3 hr hejustdontwannawork 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr now 148,170
Bonita Williams BHS board member should RESIGN !!! 3 hr Bill 36
The Oven Mitt (Jul '15) 4 hr upset diners 84
Tracebranch 8 hr From barbourville 17
who got shot 9 hr LINDA 7
Board Meeting 17 hr Marc 66