'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
111,301 - 111,320 of 146,737 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Bob

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Duh

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the MSM's are creative with their skewed polls. Almost comical.
Yeah, just like they all had Obama winning the election.
Except Fox.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Crow__ wrote:
Hey Tab, Calvin (if you're still here):)

I see your secret admirer is back, Tab..lol. It never ceases to amaze me what cowards these regressives are. It must be sad to live that way...too ashamed of what you've posted to even use the same name.

Remind me to ask Dumchit if she ever goes back and reads what she posted the night before after she sobers up (or after the drugs wear off). Of course, that would entail her actually sobering up at some point...hmm...never mind.

Hope you're both having a good day. Finally getting some rain here...woohoo!
It's the only way they can get noticed. It's sad, but..... It's a republican kinda thing.

And poor dumb Nutz, ALWAYS back peddling when owned.

Louisville got 6inches of rain. Crazy!

Probably Obamas fault huh? LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

*The Lord's Prayer*

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
THY WILL BE DONE,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom
and the power
and the glory,
forever and ever.

Amen †

<3

Ephesians 6:10-13 - Geneva
10 Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the 'assaults of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, principalities, against powers, AND against the 'worldly governors, the 'princes' of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness, "which are" in the high places.

13 For this cause take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to resist in the evil day, and having finished all things, stand fast.
14 thru 24 tells the rest about the Armor of God.

Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of Evil that want to destroy my Country, my family, and me...

The Helmet of Salvation
The Breastplate of Righteousness
The Belt of Truth
The Gospel of Peace
The Shield of Faith
Sword of the Spirit

I will pray persistently for my "fellow believers" in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...

In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic <-<<
for which it stands,
one nation
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
There are sometime up to 4,000 laws a year passed.
Well, except for republicans..... I think they've managed 1200. Less than any since 1940.
It's a great idea, but since its impossible to do it that's why we have elected officials.
Cuz ... unc harry WON'T bring the Republicans "bills" to the FLOOR to BE VOTED ON!

He's as DUMB as you, dumchit!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Calling Out Harry Reid
Harry Reid Flipping Off the GOP[image]

Everyday Congressmen and Senators get onto the floor of their respective chambers and give speeches on different topics. Then they'll gather in the rotunda to give news conferences blaming each other for the issue at hand doesn't get resolved.

Cloture
A procedure for ending a debate in taking a vote.

It's really easy for Harry Reid to make the Republicans look bad. They produce bills that Harry Reid 'tables' and they "never get to the floor for debate or vote."

Are you aware that Harry Reid has tabled 2,748 bills set forth by Republicans? The Democrats can sit there and say that all the Republicans do is complain and do nothing.

It's hard to show what accomplishment when your bills presented die/dead upon arrival. It's even harder to try and fight the American people when the Bill comes to the floor and gets immediate cloture. <<---<<<

That in essence kills everything, there is no discussion, no opportunities to be amended to be better, just pass it and if you don't we blame you.

http://americanview.hubpages.com/hub/Calling-...

HubPages receives over 32 million visitors every month.

:)
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Cuz ... unc harry WON'T bring the Republicans "bills" to the FLOOR to BE VOTED ON!

Try doing some research idiot.

BoneHead has it all in his hands and won't let it be voted on.

When he does, the goverment opens up.

Again...... You all are ignorant and don't know the facts.

Perfect republican idiot!

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/03/fox-ne...

Fox shows the GOP holds the fault of the shutdown.

Please stay this stupid and keep posting here til 2016.

I'd really appreciate it. We Patriot Democrats need to show how ignorant and uninformed you drones are.
Oneforall

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
HealthCare.gov
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid republican, I said unnamed sources aren't credible.
Try to keep up dumbass.
LOL
that's why elected republicans go after you idiots.... They know you can't keep shit straight in your head.
You also complained about polls many pages back you inept prick.

Dimocrats go after people like you because you are too stupid to think for yourself. They lie and you swear to it.

You just wander around like sheep until they tell you how to think and what to say.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
And Boehner won't bring the clean CR to the floor for a vote.
What's your point?
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-...

All while you dunces blame democrats.

But as the Fox News polls (like every other poll) shows, everyone knows its a republican shutdown.

Please don't stop tho..... We need everyone to know how ignorant republican voters are

LMAO
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Boehner won't bring the clean CR to the floor for a vote.
What's your point?
Someone HAS TO *Stand Up* for Americans ...
dims have NOT been!

The House[speaker included]
IS for the people!

LEARN it!

Article 1
Section 7
Of the United States Constitution

Uncle Tab

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>You also complained about polls many pages back you inept prick.

Dimocrats go after people like you because you are too stupid to think for yourself. They lie and you swear to it.

You just wander around like sheep until they tell you how to think and what to say.
Go get my post about polls and show everyone how honest you are.

No excuses..... Just do it.

Let's see how you divert this one.
Uncle Tab

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>Someone HAS TO *Stand Up* for Americans ...
dims have NOT been!

IS for the people!

LEARN it!

Article 1
Section 7

Putting people out of work and stopping vets from visiting their monuments is standing up for America.

Republican Logic is amazing(ly stupid)

LMAO

idiot

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
dims have NOT been!
IS for the people!
LEARN it!
Article 1
Section 7
The question is, which people?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
dims have NOT been!
IS for the people!
LEARN it!
Article 1
Section 7
By the way, the clean CR did originate in the House.
The Senate stripped it of riders and sent it back for a vote.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

THE HOUSE EXPLAINED
Branches of Government
The Legislative Process
Officers and Organizations
Open Government
History of the House
Legislative Branch Partners

We the People of the United States…

As per the Constitution, the U.S. House of Representatives makes and passes federal laws. The House is one of Congress’s two chambers (the other is the U.S. Senate), and part of the federal government’s legislative branch. The number of voting representatives in the House is fixed by law at no more than 435, proportionally representing the population[American People] of the 50 states.

What is a Representative?

Also referred to as a congressman or congresswoman, each representative is elected to a two-year term serving the people of a specific congressional district. Among other duties, representatives introduce bills and resolutions, offer amendments and serve on committees. The number of representatives with full voting rights is 435, a number set by Public Law 62-5 on August 8, 1911, and in effect since 1913.
The number of representatives per state is proportionate to population.[American People]

Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution provides for both the minimum and maximum sizes for the House of Representatives.

Currently, there are five delegates representing the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. A resident commissioner represents Puerto Rico. The delegates and resident commissioner possess the same powers as other members of the House, except that they may not vote when the House is meeting as the House of Representatives.

http://www.house.gov/content/learn/

OFFICE of The Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives

http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/index.aspx
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-...
All while you dunces blame democrats.
But as the Fox News polls (like every other poll) shows, everyone knows its a republican shutdown.
Please don't stop tho..... We need everyone to know how ignorant republican voters are
LMAO
Please don't stop "tho"
LMFAO@10 minutes
Heh
Uncle Tab

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
THE HOUSE EXPLAINED
Branches of Government
The Legislative Process
Officers and Organizations
Open Government
History of the House
Legislative Branch Partners

We the People of the United StatesÂ…

As per the Constitution, the U.S. House of Representatives makes and passes federal laws. The House is one of CongressÂ’s two chambers (the other is the U.S. Senate), and part of the federal governmentÂ’s legislative branch. The number of voting representatives in the House is fixed by law at no more than 435, proportionally representing the population[American People] of the 50 states.

What is a Representative?

Also referred to as a congressman or congresswoman, each representative is elected to a two-year term serving the people of a specific congressional district. Among other duties, representatives introduce bills and resolutions, offer amendments and serve on committees. The number of representatives with full voting rights is 435, a number set by Public Law 62-5 on August 8, 1911, and in effect since 1913.
The number of representatives per state is proportionate to population.[American People]

Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution provides for both the minimum and maximum sizes for the House of Representatives.

Currently, there are five delegates representing the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. A resident commissioner represents Puerto Rico. The delegates and resident commissioner possess the same powers as other members of the House, except that they may not vote when the House is meeting as the House of Representatives.

http://www.house.gov/content/learn/

OFFICE of The Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives

http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/index.aspx
Blah blah blah..... Bonehead is holding things up. Just the facts.

Fox News even says you idiots take the hit.

Nahahahaha
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

How Our Laws Are Made
Print Subscribe Share/Save
IV. Forms of Congressional Action

Bills
Joint Resolutions
Concurrent Resolutions
Simple Resolutions

The work of Congress is initiated by the introduction of a proposal in one of four forms: the bill, the joint resolution, the concurrent resolution, and the simple resolution. The most customary form used in both Houses is the bill. During the 109th Congress (2005-2006), 10,558 bills and 143 joint resolutions were introduced in both Houses. Of the total number introduced, 6,436 bills and 102 joint resolutions -originated- in the House of Representatives.

For the purpose of simplicity, this discussion will be confined generally to the procedure on a measure of the House of Representatives, with brief comment on each of the forms.

Bills
A bill is the form used for most legislation, whether permanent or temporary, general or special, public or private.
The form of a House bill is as follows:
A BILL

For the establishment, etc.[as the title may be].

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That, etc.
The enacting clause was prescribed by law in 1871 and is identical in all bills, whether they originate in the House of Representatives or in the Senate.
Bills may originate in either the House of Representatives or the Senate with one notable exception. Article I, Section 7, of the Constitution provides that all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives but that the Senate may propose, or concur with, amendments. By tradition, general appropriation bills also originate in the House of Representatives.

There are two types of bills-public and private. A public bill is one that affects the public generally. A bill that affects a specified individual or a private entity rather than the population at large is called a private bill. A typical private bill is used for relief in matters such as immigration and naturalization and claims against the United States.

A bill originating in the House of Representatives is designated by ''H.R.'' followed by a number that it retains throughout all its parliamentary stages. The letters signify ''House of Representatives'' and not, as is sometimes incorrectly assumed,''House resolution.''

A Senate bill is designated by ''S.'' followed by its number.

The term ''companion bill'' is used to describe a bill introduced in one House of Congress that is similar or identical to a bill introduced in the other House of Congress.

A bill that has been agreed to in identical form by both bodies becomes the law of the land only after-
Presidential approval;
or
failure by the President to return it with objections to the House in which it originated within 10 days (Sundays excepted) while Congress is in session;
or
the overriding of a presidential veto by a two-thirds vote in each House.

Such a bill does not become law without the President's signature if Congress by their final adjournment prevent its return with objections.

This is known as a ''pocket veto.'' For a discussion of presidential action on legislation, see Part XVIII.

Joint Resolutions

continued!...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min SNYB 128,873
Marlena cox 14 min Yep 35
I'm looking for a hot female to playfully BED W... 56 min Jason lake 16
Giant Cross falls on Adult Store in Tennessee 58 min Huh 27
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 3 hr lucky guess 4
Melissa Collett (May '12) 6 hr Lol at that face 72
Elmer at Creek mart 10 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 18 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••