'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239977 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127369 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is law, and will not be defunded, repealed or otherwise degraded. There is a clean CR in your boy Boehner's possession, but he's too much of a little snot-nosed coward brat to stand up to the regressive bullies.
It would pass, if only he would grow a pair and value his country above his job title.
Hello Crow. Hope you got some rain. You can have some of ours. It has poured and they said we got around 7 inches since it started yesterday. Good day to sleep. Love your answer to that deranged witch. I guess I will go scroll down and see how Uncle Tab, Injudgement and Newport has been schooling the idiots and what breaking news there is. haha

Hope you are still here when I get back. If not, have a great day.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127370 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>The ACA is law, and will not be defunded, repealed or otherwise degraded. There is a clean CR in your boy Boehner's possession, but he's too much of a little snot-nosed coward brat to stand up to the regressive bullies.

It would pass, if only he would grow a pair and value his country above his job title.
Agreed!

And just think how stupid all of these republicans will look when he finally HAS to put it up for a vote?

They'll all be the laughing stock (more than usual) of this board.
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127371 Oct 6, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.
If you cant answer it, bury it :P
They've been baffled with bullshit for so many years, all the way back to Bush, they think we're that ignorant.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#127372 Oct 6, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Crow. Hope you got some rain. You can have some of ours. It has poured and they said we got around 7 inches since it started yesterday. Good day to sleep. Love your answer to that deranged witch. I guess I will go scroll down and see how Uncle Tab, Injudgement and Newport has been schooling the idiots and what breaking news there is. haha
Hope you are still here when I get back. If not, have a great day.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Hey, RC Co-Cola. It's been raining off and on since about noon, a wonderful steady, soaking rain. It's coming down pretty good now and lightning's popping a little too close for comfort, but you can practically hear the ground soaking it up.

Thanks for the compliment - there's just no way that the GOP can shift the blame for this, and Boehner's actions are criminal and cowardly.

Tab and Newport have been taking care of business, for sure...lol. It's good to see you! I'll be here for awhile, at least until the "rain on a tin roof" lullaby gets me :D
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127373 Oct 6, 2013
GOP In Grave Danger Of Losing House In 2014, PPP Polls Show

Shutting down the government may end up costing Republicans control of the House of Representatives.

A series of polls released Sunday show just how damaging the shutdown has been for the GOP. The liberal-leaning Public Policy Polling compiled two dozen surveys, commissioned and paid for by MoveOn.org Political Action, from House districts around the country, taken from Oct. 2 through Oct. 4. Sample sizes were between 600 and 700 voters in each district.

For Democrats to win a House majority, 17 seats would need to switch to their party's favor.

Results show that would be within reach, as Republican incumbents are behind in 17 of the districts analyzed: CA-31, CO-06, FL-02, FL-10, FL-13, IA-03, IA-04, IL-13, KY-06, MI-01, MI-07, MI-11, NY-19, OH-14, PA-07, PA-08, WI-07. In four districts, the incumbent Republican fell behind after respondents were told their representative supported the government shutdown: CA-10, NY-11, NY-23, VA-02. Three districts saw GOP incumbents maintain their hold over their Democratic challengers, even after hearing their elected officials' views on the shutdown, including CA-21, NV-03 and OH-06.

Back in 2012, Democrats picked up eight seats in the House, closing the gap of Republican control to 234-201. For a full breakdown of the PPP surveys, click here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/06/gop-...

Bye, bye

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#127374 Oct 6, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
And just think how stupid all of these republicans will look when he finally HAS to put it up for a vote?
They'll all be the laughing stock (more than usual) of this board.
Right?? Even the more realistic Republicans are getting fed up, so hopefully they'll find the stones to do what needs to be done and bring this nonsense to an end.
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127375 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>Right?? Even the more realistic Republicans are getting fed up, so hopefully they'll find the stones to do what needs to be done and bring this nonsense to an end.
I'm kind of at the point since all the workers are getting paid that it can go a few more days. The longer it lasts, the bigger the hit republicans take.

Lets get as many out of office as possible. It works to our advantage..... Using the republicans stupidity against them.

Why not right?

:-D
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127376 Oct 6, 2013
republiCONS wrote:

Shutting down the government may end up costing Republicans control of the House of Representatives.

A series of polls released Sunday show just how damaging the shutdown has been for the GOP. The liberal-leaning Public Policy Polling compiled two dozen surveys, commissioned and paid for by MoveOn.org Political Action, from House districts around the country, taken from Oct. 2 through Oct. 4. Sample sizes were between 600 and 700 voters in each district.

For Democrats to win a House majority, 17 seats would need to switch to their party's favor.

Results show that would be within reach, as Republican incumbents are behind in 17 of the districts analyzed: CA-31, CO-06, FL-02, FL-10, FL-13, IA-03, IA-04, IL-13, KY-06, MI-01, MI-07, MI-11, NY-19, OH-14, PA-07, PA-08, WI-07. In four districts, the incumbent Republican fell behind after respondents were told their representative supported the government shutdown: CA-10, NY-11, NY-23, VA-02. Three districts saw GOP incumbents maintain their hold over their Democratic challengers, even after hearing their elected officials' views on the shutdown, including CA-21, NV-03 and OH-06.

Back in 2012, Democrats picked up eight seats in the House, closing the gap of Republican control to 234-201. For a full breakdown of the PPP surveys, click here.

Bye, bye

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Republican Logic says none of that's true because Fox has different numbe....... OOPS!!

Nevermind, fox has the same numbers!!

Carry on!

LMAO!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127377 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RC Co-Cola. It's been raining off and on since about noon, a wonderful steady, soaking rain. It's coming down pretty good now and lightning's popping a little too close for comfort, but you can practically hear the ground soaking it up.
Thanks for the compliment - there's just no way that the GOP can shift the blame for this, and Boehner's actions are criminal and cowardly.
Tab and Newport have been taking care of business, for sure...lol. It's good to see you! I'll be here for awhile, at least until the "rain on a tin roof" lullaby gets me :D
I love rain on a tin roof. Been awhile. It finally quit here but is still overcast and breezy. I am sure it will only be a short break like it has been. We are under a flash flood warning.

They have done a good job schooling those idiots. That crazy loon was rambling incoherently wasn't she. I am glad she went and took a nap or went to troll for awhile. I scrolled by that nonsense. SOS

They can keep spinning, but the MAJORITY knows the teabagging GOP CONS own the shutdown. They will see. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#127378 Oct 6, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Bye, bye
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Don't get me wrong, if any regressives lose their seats it'll be good riddance to bad rubbish, but honestly, RC, there's more than a few Dems that need to lose theirs, too.

Until some term limits are in place, there's going to be "lifers" on both sides of the aisle that need to go. Term limits would discourage the kind of "hang on at all costs" behavior being currently exhibited by Boehner (or Bonehead Faketan, as Tab calls him :D), and might encourage more diversity in Congress. I think more candidates would throw their hats in the ring if they knew they wouldn't be up against entrenched politicians.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127379 Oct 6, 2013
Ted Cruz Says He Has 'Not Remotely' Hurt Republican Image With Shutdown Fight

Speaking on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) rejected the suggestion that members of his own party are unhappy with him for pursuing a fight over Obamacare into a government shutdown.

Asked by host Candy Crowley whether his actions have "hurt the Republican Party brand," Ted Cruz said no.

"Not remotely, but I also think far too many people are worried about politics" in the shutdown fight, Cruz said.

Cruz repeated several times his claim that he didn't want the government to shut down, and he bemoaned the "nasty partisan jabs from Democrats" over his role in the shutdown.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/06/ted-...

Ted Cruz Shunned By GOP Candidate

Ken Cuccinelli Shuns Ted Cruz

In the clearest sign yet of the potent effect of the government shutdown on the Virginia governor’s race, Republican Ken Cuccinelli avoided being photographed with Ted Cruz at a gala they headlined here Saturday night—even leaving before the Texas senator rose to speak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/06/cucc...

[email protected] crazed cruz dreaming.....they are running from him.

Love it when they eat their own. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127380 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, if any regressives lose their seats it'll be good riddance to bad rubbish, but honestly, RC, there's more than a few Dems that need to lose theirs, too.
Until some term limits are in place, there's going to be "lifers" on both sides of the aisle that need to go. Term limits would discourage the kind of "hang on at all costs" behavior being currently exhibited by Boehner (or Bonehead Faketan, as Tab calls him :D), and might encourage more diversity in Congress. I think more candidates would throw their hats in the ring if they knew they wouldn't be up against entrenched politicians.
I agree. Hell they could send them all home for all I care. Except for Yarmuth (who gives up their salary from the time they were elected), he works for the people of Kentucky only. Term limits would be nice. It would keep them more honest. No career politicians like turtleman. CONgress is a mess. I agree. Mostly repukes though. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#127381 Oct 6, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kind of at the point since all the workers are getting paid that it can go a few more days. The longer it lasts, the bigger the hit republicans take.
Lets get as many out of office as possible. It works to our advantage..... Using the republicans stupidity against them.
Why not right?
:-D
I can't agree with you on this one, Tab. Yes, the federal workers are getting paid, but what about the ancillary folks? The local restaurants that depend on business from the Hill, companies that provide office supplies, caterers, etc.? There are a whole lot more folks than just the federal workers involved in this.

That Congress is still getting paid is just heinous, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about paying the federal employees for not working, either. I'm sure they deserve vacations, but I'd rather they not be subsidized by my taxes, you know?

To me, it's not worth it just to show the GOP up for the idiots they are. Besides, they do something stupid pretty much every day, so it's not like there's not going to be ample opportunity to use their stupidity against them ;)
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127382 Oct 6, 2013
haha, thought it only fair since I posted his remarks story that I post his I'M SORRY....lmao

Lee Terry Apologizes For Refusing To Give Up Salary During Shutdown To Pay For His 'Nice House'

Rep. Lee Terry (R-Neb.) apologized Saturday for previously refusing to give up his congressional salary during the federal government shutdown, deciding instead to have his paycheck withheld until the shutdown is over.

"The other day I made a statement that I would put my needs above others in crisis," Terry said in a statement. "I'm ashamed of my comments. It was not leadership. It is not how I was raised... I apologize for my hurtful remarks when so many others are feeling the pain of Washington’s dysfunction."

He continued,“I should and will stand in the shoes of the federal civilian employees who are furloughed. We share the same responsibilities to pay our bills and if they don't receive a paycheck and must take extraordinary efforts and sacrifice to pay them, then I should too."

Last week, Terry was asked by the Omaha World-Herald Bureau whether he would keep his salary for the duration of the budget standoff.
"Dang straight," he replied.

The congressman said his colleagues who were giving up their salaries were largely doing so for the publicity.

"Whatever gets them good press," Terry said. "That's all that it's going to be. God bless them. But you know what? I've got a nice house and a kid in college, and I'll tell you we cannot handle it. Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it? That's just not going to fly."

Over 800,000 federal workers are currently furloughed due to the shutdown. On Saturday, the House voted to grant backpay to these workers; however, the checks could be delayed for some time depending on how long the shutdown lasts.

Members of Congress will continue to earn their constitutionally-protected salaries —$174,000 annually for rank-and-file members — throughout the shutdown. Over 100 members have said they will either refuse or donate their earnings until the government reopens.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/06/lee-...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Springville, TN

#127383 Oct 6, 2013
Two sides to every coin there, folks!

Should Obamacare Be Defunded? Vote Here in National Poll
Do you support the full repeal of President Obama's healthcare plan that Congress passed in 2010?
----------

Yes, repeal it completely
182,080(85%)

No, don’t repeal it at all
24,867(11%)

No, repeal just parts of it
5,805(2%)

Should Congress cut off all funding for Obamacare even if it risks a government shutdown?
----------

Yes, cut all funding
184,315(86%)

No, don't cut funding
28,442(13%)

Should Congress restore $500 billion in Medicare benefits for seniors that the Obama plan cut?
----------

Yes, restore the Medicare benefits
193,057(90%)

No, don't restore the Medicare benefits
19,701(9%)

Do you support President Obama's desire to give 12 million illegal aliens amnesty and a path to citizenship?
----------

Yes, I support Obama's amnesty plan
25,192(11%)

No, I oppose it
187,575(88%)

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© 2013 Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Surveys/Results

Do you approve or disapprove of Sen. Ted Cruz's efforts to defund Obamacare?
----------

Yes, I support Sen. Cruz
43,660(77%)

No, I don't support Sen. Cruz
13,038(22%)

Do you support the Affordable Care Act?
----------

Yes, it's a good law
12,630(22%)

No, I don't support the Affordable Care Act
43,588(77%)

Visit Newsmax’s mobile homepage

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Surveys/Results
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now

Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#127384 Oct 6, 2013
Jay wrote:
Do you support the full repeal of President Obama's healthcare plan that Congress passed in 2010?
----------
182,080(85%)
24,867(11%)
5,805(2%)
Should Congress cut off all funding for Obamacare even if it risks a government shutdown?
----------
Yes, cut all funding
184,315(86%)
No, don't cut funding
28,442(13%)
Should Congress restore $500 billion in Medicare benefits for seniors that the Obama plan cut?
----------
193,057(90%)
19,701(9%)
Do you support President Obama's desire to give 12 million illegal aliens amnesty and a path to citizenship?
----------
25,192(11%)
No, I oppose it
187,575(88%)
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
All Rights Reserved
----------
Yes, I support Sen. Cruz
43,660(77%)
13,038(22%)
----------
Yes, it's a good law
12,630(22%)
43,588(77%)
Newsmax, Moneynews, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, NewsmaxWorld, NewsmaxHealth, are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.
Who the hell is Newsmax?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#127385 Oct 6, 2013
Jay wrote:
----------
182,080(85%)
24,867(11%)
5,805(2%)
----------
Yes, cut all funding
184,315(86%)
No, don't cut funding
28,442(13%)
----------
193,057(90%)
19,701(9%)
----------
25,192(11%)
No, I oppose it
187,575(88%)
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
All Rights Reserved
----------
Yes, I support Sen. Cruz
43,660(77%)
13,038(22%)
----------
Yes, it's a good law
12,630(22%)
43,588(77%)
LMAO that poll is only among people willing to be spammed by newsmax!!!
http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/GovernmentShut...
Not very representative of anything.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127386 Oct 6, 2013
Nice try jboy. Not much different than the conservative slant bs fauxbox does right. Bet the crazy loon's jihad sites has the same bs. Try again.

Jul 20, 2013 · NewsMax.com (NewsMax Media, Inc.) "serves up the news with a conservative slant.

NewsMax.com (NewsMax Media, Inc.) "serves up the news with a conservative slant. The company publishes alternative news and opinion content through its monthly 300,000-subscriber magazine NewsMax and corresponding Web site. The company generates sales from politically-oriented merchandise (clothing, posters, books) showcasing stars of the Republican Party.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127387 Oct 6, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>I can't agree with you on this one, Tab. Yes, the federal workers are getting paid, but what about the ancillary folks? The local restaurants that depend on business from the Hill, companies that provide office supplies, caterers, etc.? There are a whole lot more folks than just the federal workers involved in this.

That Congress is still getting paid is just heinous, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about paying the federal employees for not working, either. I'm sure they deserve vacations, but I'd rather they not be subsidized by my taxes, you know?

To me, it's not worth it just to show the GOP up for the idiots they are. Besides, they do something stupid pretty much every day, so it's not like there's not going to be ample opportunity to use their stupidity against them ;)
I understand all that.... It's rough I know.... But we need to get all of them out of there. Both sides who are holding things up.
I know it's rough of alot of people still, but we get control with the right people in office, we can get back to the Clinton days as far as economy goes.
A little hurt now big payoff in the long run for the workers and business.
I do understand your thoughts tho.:-)

#127388 Oct 6, 2013
Ok...I have a cat snoring on my shoulder, the dog is drooling on my foot, chasing rabbits in her sleep, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I give. It's naptime :D

See y'all later tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Lanora 151,988
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 1 hr Concerned 1
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 1 hr well 41
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 1 hr mediater 23
outlaws 1 hr well 19
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 2 hr well 13
karla back 2 hr well 2
Education 2 hr Quantummist 20
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 8 hr Ricky 57

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages